PDA

View Full Version : Would Faneca holdout?

BlitzburghRockCity
04-20-2007, 08:18 PM
Since we all love to debate Faneca these days and his lack of presence at the minicamp this weekend...who here thinks there is a chance that Faneca may hold out in 2007 in hopes of getting a new deal ?

Koopa
04-20-2007, 08:24 PM
of course he would........it's obvious, even though he hasn't said anything, he is upset with his contract and with his butt buddy not getting the job, he'll act like a bitch and hold out for a little bit, and then he'll ruin the season with bad chemistry and then i'll hope he gets a huge contract, and then has a career ending injury on the first day of mini camp with his new team............

strong D
04-20-2007, 08:31 PM
i dont see him holding out i think he will just play and then move on after the season im still up for trading him for draft picks just in case

BlitzburghRockCity
04-20-2007, 08:33 PM
Alan is one guy I don't think will hold out. It's a possibility yes, but until I hear otherwise from the man himself I'll say he's going to be there in camp..but as for next year, it's totally up in the air.

DIESELMAN
04-20-2007, 08:35 PM
I think he'll play for a contract somewhere else. Hes not showin up to camp so he won't get hurt and the fact he wants a big time deal, which hes not going to get from us. Time will tell.....

Koopa
04-20-2007, 08:37 PM
nvm, they said on nfl live, that he said he will not show up to voluntary workouts.........so he'll be there, but i wouldn't doubt he plays not to get hurt and still ****s everything up cause he's a bitch

BlitzburghRockCity
04-20-2007, 08:41 PM
I hope he doesn't play that way or he's just asking to get hurt..his *** better go full out 100 percent; he owes us that much but I still hope there's a chance he might sign but it's not looking good.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-20-2007, 09:32 PM
**** Alan Faneca. They said on Sports Beat tonight its just not his contract that he is unhappy with. They also stated he is still unhappy with Mike Tomlin hired as HC and that Russ Grimm wasn't named HC. Come on people wake up? This dude needs to go. We don't need any distractions. Lets trade his bitch *** instead of getting nothing for him in return next year when he leaves as a free agent.

BRICKTOWN BEAST
04-20-2007, 09:42 PM
Faneca never even talked to Tomlin yet mabye they'll see eye to eye. and Faneca won't play like a pushy he'll go all out like he always does. hes a linemen when he see that linebacker trying to tackle Wille or Tony Hunt:pray: he'll just demolish him like he always does its in his blood.

TEEMONT
04-20-2007, 09:57 PM
I say we have Faneca pllay QB....even if he does hold out he can't have any worse of a season then Ben did last year....

Koopa
04-20-2007, 10:04 PM
I say we have Faneca pllay QB....even if he does hold out he can't have any worse of a season then Ben did last year....

still can't let go of the past huh???

House of Steel
04-20-2007, 10:08 PM
I would still look into the possible trade with Arizona involving him and Max Starks for the First and Second Round Picks Next weekend. We could load up big time and be a force to be reckon with in years to come. Arizona is drafting what? 5th. What the hell, take that damn chance, maybe get Joe Thomas OT from Wisconsin and getting Anthony Spencer or Timmons with the 15th pick. That right there is pure solid. Second Round get a good RB and a possible DT again.

TEEMONT
04-20-2007, 10:22 PM
still can't let go of the past huh???

why should I?

SteelerSteve
04-21-2007, 02:15 AM
why should I?
Cause this season is going to be great, I guarantee that :redcool:

RckyMtnStlrFan
04-21-2007, 02:33 AM
I think he'll play for a contract somewhere else. Hes not showin up to camp so he won't get hurt and the fact he wants a big time deal, which hes not going to get from us. Time will tell.....

:iagree:

I like Alan and I hope everything works out, but I think ultimately he will leave.

BRICKTOWN BEAST
04-21-2007, 12:42 PM
http://starbulletin.com/2006/02/07/news/art3a.jpg

TEEMONT
04-21-2007, 01:55 PM
Cause this season is going to be great, I guarantee that :redcool:

It's going to be great huh? Well since you guarantee it, it must be true.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-21-2007, 02:18 PM
I would still look into the possible trade with Arizona involving him and Max Starks for the First and Second Round Picks Next weekend. We could load up big time and be a force to be reckon with in years to come. Arizona is drafting what? 5th. What the hell, take that damn chance, maybe get Joe Thomas OT from Wisconsin and getting Anthony Spencer or Timmons with the 15th pick. That right there is pure solid. Second Round get a good RB and a possible DT again.

There's no way Arizona would give up their 1st & 2nd round picks on Faneca & Starks. Whis is a bit unconventional Im sure but he's not that crazy.

SteelersfaninPhilly
04-21-2007, 02:21 PM
Faneca is probably house hunting in arizona as we speak. :lol:

TEEMONT
04-21-2007, 02:25 PM
I love how people are riding Faneca because he's not there, but not Troy, b/c he "has a valid excuse". Faneca has a valid excuse too, IT'S VOLUNTARY!!!!!!

okiesteeler
04-21-2007, 02:28 PM
I think he will play in order to get a better deal with a different team next year. He will have to play hard so that they can see what they are getting, he needs a banner year in order to get the big deal that he is looking for.

House of Steel
04-21-2007, 02:42 PM
makes sense to me. Stillers, I am not riding his hide, but he is acting like a bitch anymore complaining about Grimm not getting the job, he needs to get over it and start acting like a leader that he says he is. A LEADER WOULD SHOW UP AT MINICAMP VOLUNTARY OR NOT!!! WARD IS THERE, HE IS A LEADER, BEN IS THERE, HE IS A LEADER. You are going to keep calling me nuts everytime I criticize Faneca, huh? I just don't understand why you are so pent up with me anymore.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-21-2007, 03:28 PM
Every player deals with this scenario a different way. Some will hold out come hell or high water, some will try to push the issue and make a statement before giving in, some will just say the hell with it and play out their deal and move on. Alan still has time to decide what he wants to do yet, it's only mid April. We all think he should be there but most of his teammates are ok with him not being there and that's really all that matters for now.

TEEMONT
04-21-2007, 03:49 PM
makes sense to me. Stillers, I am not riding his hide, but he is acting like a bitch anymore complaining about Grimm not getting the job, he needs to get over it and start acting like a leader that he says he is. A LEADER WOULD SHOW UP AT MINICAMP VOLUNTARY OR NOT!!! WARD IS THERE, HE IS A LEADER, BEN IS THERE, HE IS A LEADER. You are going to keep calling me nuts everytime I criticize Faneca, huh? I just don't understand why you are so pent up with me anymore.

Dude, are you having inner-monlogue while typing? I called you nuts once, as a joke.

Faneca knows as well as we do that the Steelers aren't going to make any kind of effort to keep him, so he isn't going to put too much effort into his season. He will show up when he has to, and he will mkae the Pro-Bowl again, for like the 20th straight year. Not every player can be like Bettis and take a lower amount of money to stay with us, Bettis is still making obsene amounts of money off of endorements and NBC, Faneca won't be doing either. This is pretty much his only chance to get paid, I don't blame him for being pissed about Grimm not getting hired, he has a right to be pissed, he's been here long enough.

He had another Pro-Bowl season last year, unlike Ben and Ward, so I think he can afford to skip voluntary work-outs. Ben has a lot more to prove than Faneca does.

House of Steel
04-21-2007, 03:52 PM
Good Points, Stillers, I still think as a leader, he should sent an example. I know we are going to beat the horse on this as long this happens. I am going to quit now. If he misses the mandatory, then we all know he has a deep issue that is going to cause a major distraction.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-21-2007, 07:57 PM
Dude, are you having inner-monlogue while typing? I called you nuts once, as a joke.

Faneca knows as well as we do that the Steelers aren't going to make any kind of effort to keep him, so he isn't going to put too much effort into his season. He will show up when he has to, and he will mkae the Pro-Bowl again, for like the 20th straight year. Not every player can be like Bettis and take a lower amount of money to stay with us, Bettis is still making obsene amounts of money off of endorements and NBC, Faneca won't be doing either. This is pretty much his only chance to get paid, I don't blame him for being pissed about Grimm not getting hired, he has a right to be pissed, he's been here long enough.

He had another Pro-Bowl season last year, unlike Ben and Ward, so I think he can afford to skip voluntary work-outs. Ben has a lot more to prove than Faneca does.

Faneca made the Pro-Bowl on his rep. Come on man don't use the Pro Bowl as a good example. Ray Lewis makes it every year and his play has been declining.

BlitzburghNation
04-21-2007, 08:05 PM
He see's al the big shucks going to his position & he wants his :scratch:

Rumor has it on sirius,that it's a possibility that he may be traded to the cardinals :banging: I hope it's just a rumor & he retires a steeler :popcorn:

He's the stud of our o-line & we really need him :crossfingers:

Stlrs4Life
04-21-2007, 08:16 PM
nvm, they said on nfl live, that he said he will not show up to voluntary workouts.........so he'll be there, but i wouldn't doubt he plays not to get hurt and still ****s everything up cause he's a bitch

I'd bench his *** in a heartbeat if that's the case. Think that'll hurt his chances a little for getting even a bigger contract.

BBC
04-22-2007, 05:17 PM

Because this conversation somehow has anything to do with Ben, right?

Get off of Faneca's jock, Stillers. He was a great player for the Steelers, but he has **** on this team ever since Ben was named starter. He can take his bitching about quarterback, coaching, and contract moves to Arizona for all I care.

TEEMONT
04-22-2007, 05:25 PM
Because this conversation somehow has anything to do with Ben, right?

Get off of Faneca's jock, Stillers. He was a great player for the Steelers, but he has **** on this team ever since Ben was named starter. He can take his bitching about quarterback, coaching, and contract moves to Arizona for all I care.

Oh ok...since you told me to get off of his jock, I guess I should. He is only the best player on our team. He isn't bitching about anything unusual. He deserves to at least have the Rooney's sit down withhim and talk about the contract.

And lighten up, the Ben thing was a joke, wtf is up with everyone being wound so tightly around here lately?

And please explain to me how he has "****" on the team since Ben was a starter. Saying he wasn't excited about a rookie QB? What an *******!! How dare he!! Saying he wanted his boy Grimm to be the coach, and not Tomlin? What a ****sucker!!! That son of a bitch!! Bitching about his contract? OMG what a terrible piece of ****, hey, didn't Hines hold out, a year before his contract was up? It's ok though, he's Hines.

BBC
04-22-2007, 05:57 PM
Oh ok...since you told me to get off of his jock, I guess I should. He is only the best player on our team. He isn't bitching about anything unusual. He deserves to at least have the Rooney's sit down withhim and talk about the contract.

And lighten up, the Ben thing was a joke, wtf is up with everyone being wound so tightly around here lately?

And please explain to me how he has "****" on the team since Ben was a starter. Saying he wasn't excited about a rookie QB? What an *******!! How dare he!! Saying he wanted his boy Grimm to be the coach, and not Tomlin? What a ****sucker!!! That son of a bitch!! Bitching about his contract? OMG what a terrible piece of ****, hey, didn't Hines hold out, a year before his contract was up? It's ok though, he's Hines.

:lol: @ Faneca being our best player.

Bitching about "his" coach not getting the job after the team has already hired someone else? That isn't unusual? At the very least, it's petty, and certainly puts one coach (and one player's opinion) above the team. Faneca has not cared about this team for a while now.

He bitches when anything isn't going his way, screw the team, he's much more important. If those things you mentioned were isolated events, it would not have been a big deal, but they've all happened within 3 years of each other.

Did the Rooney's promise Faneca for the last two years they'd talk to him about his contract like they did to Hines? But that's beside the point, considering I was on Hines' case for threatening to hold out before his contract was up too.

So forgive me if I don't have the same man-crush that you seem to have for Alan. He's been a prick to the entire team, and I would love for him to be traded.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-22-2007, 06:04 PM
The thing that makes this whole Faneca holdout sage worse is the fact the Steelers are coming off an 8-8 season and there is a new HC now. If Cowher was still the HC then I don't think it would be as big of a deal. But with a new HC its time for this whole team to focus on the upcoming 2007 season and righting the ship.

Distractions ruined last season and the team really doesn't need more distractions this year. This Faneca thing could be a very bad distraction for the whole team. No matter who Faneca felt who the HC should have been. He should still respect the Rooney's choice of hiring coach Tomlin.

BBC
04-22-2007, 06:07 PM
He should still respect the Rooney's choice of hiring coach Tomlin.

Pfft...Faneca is the greatest player to ever wear black and gold. The Steelers are just there to cater to Faneca, they're just lucky he even bothers to show up to practices at all (he was a Pro Bowler last year, you know?).

:rolleyes:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-22-2007, 06:09 PM
Watch it here boys, this won't be getting out of control, will it?

SteelersfaninPhilly
04-22-2007, 06:18 PM
Faneca might follow porter out the door.

TEEMONT
04-22-2007, 07:59 PM
Pfft...Faneca is the greatest player to ever wear black and gold. The Steelers are just there to cater to Faneca, they're just lucky he even bothers to show up to practices at all (he was a Pro Bowler last year, you know?).

and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the.....you get the point. Guards like Faneca don't come around every year. How quickly we all forget how he didn't bitch at all when he was asked to move to LT (which he played better than 75% of the LT's in the league). I know you don't care about Faneca or any lineman b/c it's not a sexy position, BBC. Faneca probably is the best O-Lineman to wear the balck and gold, you just can't accept it. Thats why he is my favorite player. I don't think he's the best b/c he's my favorite, he's my favorite b/c he is the best. Not only that but I have met him twice and he was 10X cooler than any other pro-athelete I have ever met in my life (except for Max Starx, he was pretty ****ing cool too). He's allowed to be butt-hurt, I'm sure hel'll get over it, and he'll turn into another Terry Bradshaw, who never comes back to this city b/c of fans like you.

Oh well, Faneca bitches about the same things normal people bitch about, the only difference is his bitching gets city-wide attention.

TEEMONT
04-22-2007, 08:17 PM
:lol: @ Faneca being our best player.

Bitching about "his" coach not getting the job after the team has already hired someone else? That isn't unusual? At the very least, it's petty, and certainly puts one coach (and one player's opinion) above the team. Faneca has not cared about this team for a while now.

He bitches when anything isn't going his way, screw the team, he's much more important. If those things you mentioned were isolated events, it would not have been a big deal, but they've all happened within 3 years of each other.

Did the Rooney's promise Faneca for the last two years they'd talk to him about his contract like they did to Hines? But that's beside the point, considering I was on Hines' case for threatening to hold out before his contract was up too.

So forgive me if I don't have the same man-crush that you seem to have for Alan. He's been a prick to the entire team, and I would love for him to be traded.

I dont expect you to have the same opinions as me....personally I don't really care what you opinion is, although you sure seem to take special interest in all of mine.

DIESELMAN
04-22-2007, 08:22 PM
and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the.....you get the point. Guards like Faneca don't come around every year. How quickly we all forget how he didn't bitch at all when he was asked to move to LT (which he played better than 75% of the LT's in the league). I know you don't care about Faneca or any lineman b/c it's not a sexy position, BBC. Faneca probably is the best O-Lineman to wear the balck and gold, you just can't accept it. Thats why he is my favorite player. I don't think he's the best b/c he's my favorite, he's my favorite b/c he is the best. Not only that but I have met him twice and he was 10X cooler than any other pro-athelete I have ever met in my life (except for Max Starx, he was pretty ****ing cool too). He's allowed to be butt-hurt, I'm sure hel'll get over it, and he'll turn into another Terry Bradshaw, who never comes back to this city b/c of fans like you.

Oh well, Faneca bitches about the same things normal people bitch about, the only difference is his bitching gets city-wide attention.

I agree.....The thing with Bradshaw was real awkward, he did come back though after missing a lot of years in Pittsburgh (not his fault), he basically got ran out of town by the fans. Its amazing how fast one can be a hero one minute, then a goat the next. The thing with Faneca is amazing to me, hes a pro athlete who has been in the league for 10 years, can anyone imagine the things hes seen and heard. To ask him what he thought about playing with a rookie QB was basically a setup question...my grandfather always told me "don't ask a question unless your ready for any and all answers" Faneca was being honest with his answer. Why would anyone in their right mind want to play in front of a rookie QB, how many times does that work out for the good? Its real easy to look back after Ben's success his first year and criticize Alan for his comment. How many people actually thought he would do good when he first stepped on the field (honestly think about it). Faneca holding out (if he holds out) is just like any other job as far as money goes, everybody wants to get paid for what they think they are worth, even us. How many people have worked at a job, busting their asses day in and day out, knowing they deserve more then what they are gettin paid. Only to see some new guy come in who hasn't put his time in, who hasn't proven anything and get paid the same or more then what you are making. Faneca has been in the league for 10 years and he's always given 110%, now its time to get paid. In the world of pro athletes theres only a couple of ways of doing that. 1. The owner sees what your are worth to the team and does pay you or 2. You do what you gotta do to make them see what you are worth. How much bitching would be going on if Gardocki wasn't showing up to camp or was wanting a new contract? Exactly....none, cuz he ain't worth a lick.

BBC
04-22-2007, 10:11 PM
and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the.....you get the point. Guards like Faneca don't come around every year. How quickly we all forget how he didn't bitch at all when he was asked to move to LT (which he played better than 75% of the LT's in the league). I know you don't care about Faneca or any lineman b/c it's not a sexy position, BBC.

Right, because a tight end that has been primarily a blocker is such a sexy position, right? :rolleyes:

Faneca probably is the best O-Lineman to wear the balck and gold, you just can't accept it. Thats why he is my favorite player. I don't think he's the best b/c he's my favorite, he's my favorite b/c he is the best. Not only that but I have met him twice and he was 10X cooler than any other pro-athelete I have ever met in my life (except for Max Starx, he was pretty ****ing cool too). He's allowed to be butt-hurt, I'm sure hel'll get over it, and he'll turn into another Terry Bradshaw, who never comes back to this city b/c of fans like you.

Maybe Faneca was the best linemen to wear black and gold, but he has lost a step, and his attitude has been dreadful the last couple of years. He used to be one of my favorite players, even up until this off-season he still was, but I have lost much respect for the guy after his actions, and at this point, I couldn't care less if he ended up in Arizona in the near future.

Try not showing up to your job to get more money, and give me a call from the unemployment line to tell me how it went...

BlitzburghRockCity
04-22-2007, 10:21 PM
Somebody show me where Faneca has been "bitching" at all? Everybody seems to think Alan has been saying all this stuff since the 2006 season was over but in reality everybody keeps forgetting that Alan hasn't said a damn word to anyone in the media about it, it's his agent doing all the talking. Ya'll need to realize that until Alan comes out and says "I'm not playing, Im holding out, or I don't like Tomlin, or Im not happy" or whatever else you guys keep thinking he's saying...he needs to be given the benefit of the doubt.

Sure he's unhappy about his lack of a new deal, wouldn't you be if you spent your whole career with a team, perennial pro bowler, team player, best guard i n the league, and you still don't get a deal? Sure you're going to be upset but he's been professional and kept his mouth shut through all this. His agent is the one that keeps bringing this up so much.

Relax and give the guy a break...if he comes out and starts shooting his mouth off then you can go and get on his case and I'll do the same but until that happens you won't see me bad mouthing him.

Just my :2cents: :)

TEEMONT
04-22-2007, 10:51 PM
Somebody show me where Faneca has been "bitching" at all? Everybody seems to think Alan has been saying all this stuff since the 2006 season was over but in reality everybody keeps forgetting that Alan hasn't said a damn word to anyone in the media about it, it's his agent doing all the talking. Ya'll need to realize that until Alan comes out and says "I'm not playing, Im holding out, or I don't like Tomlin, or Im not happy" or whatever else you guys keep thinking he's saying...he needs to be given the benefit of the doubt.

Sure he's unhappy about his lack of a new deal, wouldn't you be if you spent your whole career with a team, perennial pro bowler, team player, best guard i n the league, and you still don't get a deal? Sure you're going to be upset but he's been professional and kept his mouth shut through all this. His agent is the one that keeps bringing this up so much.

Relax and give the guy a break...if he comes out and starts shooting his mouth off then you can go and get on his case and I'll do the same but until that happens you won't see me bad mouthing him.

Just my :2cents: :)

umm ........WORD!!!

TEEMONT
04-22-2007, 10:56 PM
Right, because a tight end that has been primarily a blocker is such a sexy position, right? :rolleyes:

Hey your boy Heath has been 2nd on the team in TD catches the past two years......

Maybe Faneca was the best linemen to wear black and gold, but he has lost a step, and his attitude has been dreadful the last couple of years. He used to be one of my favorite players, even up until this off-season he still was, but I have lost much respect for the guy after his actions, and at this point, I couldn't care less if he ended up in Arizona in the near future.
His attitude has been dreadful? Are you serious? Would anybody in the world be happy about a rookie stepping in at QB? He was asked a question and answered it. With all fo the bullshitting that goes on in sports interviews, I'm glad he said how he felt. It made Ben want to prove him wrong, which he did, until the playoffs.

Try not showing up to your job to get more money, and give me a call from the unemployment line to tell me how it went...

The key word here is voluntary, which means he doesn't have to be there. If he misses the madatory ones, then I'll be ******.

Ambridge
04-23-2007, 08:27 AM
The bottom line is that Alan Faneca might hold-out of mini camp and maybe even training camp but I seriously doubt that when the Game Checks are handed out or Directly Deposited into players accounts when the regular season starts he's going to pass up on that.

Faneca can posture, moan and grumble all he wants but that's all it adds up too in the long run.

BBC
04-23-2007, 03:59 PM
Hey your boy Heath has been 2nd on the team in TD catches the past two years......

Good for Heath, but that's hardly the reason I like him, or the topic of this thread.

His attitude has been dreadful? Are you serious? Would anybody in the world be happy about a rookie stepping in at QB? He was asked a question and answered it. With all fo the bullshitting that goes on in sports interviews, I'm glad he said how he felt. It made Ben want to prove him wrong, which he did, until the playoffs.

Weren't you the one that said you would have much rather had Ben lie to the media when asked if he thought he got in?

You don't air your dirty laundry outside, like bitching about a coach (that's already been hired) or a quarterback (that's already been named starter). I don't blame him for being upset, but I do blame him for making it a public problem and a distraction to the team (luckily it didn't have much effect on the latter of the two instances, hopefully the same holds true for the former).

The key word here is voluntary, which means he doesn't have to be there. If he misses the madatory ones, then I'll be ******.

Well, then, I guess we'll just have to wait until the mandatory ones do arrive, and see if Faneca is there.

TEEMONT
04-23-2007, 04:21 PM
Good for Heath, but that's hardly the reason I like him, or the topic of this thread.
You made the comment of a TE blocking as hardly being a sexy position....

Weren't you the one that said you would have much rather had Ben lie to the media when asked if he thought he got in?
Two different situations.......

You don't air your dirty laundry outside, like bitching about a coach (that's already been hired) or a quarterback (that's already been named starter). I don't blame him for being upset, but I do blame him for making it a public problem and a distraction to the team (luckily it didn't have much effect on the latter of the two instances, hopefully the same holds true for the former).

It's not like he called a press conference to say what he had to say, he was asked about it in interviews. I'm sure if he was never asked, it never would have been out there.

Well, then, I guess we'll just have to wait until the mandatory ones do arrive, and see if Faneca is there.

Yeah we will.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-23-2007, 05:06 PM
Man why do people have such a man crush on an OG?lol Now don't take this the wrong way people. I'm really not trying to cause a fight. Just saying he is just a freaking OG. Yes he is a very good OG but still just an OG. Its not replacing a franchise LT. We can find a young player almost just as good in this draft or next years draft. So just trade the un-happy ****er and let him move on.

The Steelers have lost better Olineman before and survived. I think Dermontti Dawson was one of the best centers of alltime and the Steelers still survived after he retired. So the Steelers will move on with or without Alan Faneca.

By the way Faneca is a great run blocker but his pass protection skills have always been average at best. Now he just makes the Pro Bowl on rep. The guy is over-rated and on the downside of his career. I say hit the road Alan and don't let the door hit you on the way out. You're a bitch and I really have no respect for that bitch anymore.

TEEMONT
04-23-2007, 05:19 PM
Man why do people have such a man crush on an OG?lol Now don't take this the wrong way people. I'm really not trying to cause a fight. Just saying he is just a freaking OG. Yes he is a very good OG but still just an OG. Its not replacing a franchise LT. We can find a young player almost just as good in this draft or next years draft. So just trade the un-happy ****er and let him move on.

The Steelers have lost better Olineman before and survived. I think Dermontti Dawson was one of the best centers of alltime and the Steelers still survived after he retired. So the Steelers will move on with or without Alan Faneca.

By the way Faneca is a great run blocker but his pass protection skills have always been average at best. Now he just makes the Pro Bowl on rep. The guy is over-rated and on the downside of his career. I say hit the road Alan and don't let the door hit you on the way out. You're a bitch and I really have no respect for that bitch anymore.

B/C no one ever shows any love for OG's, and being that I played C, I have some love for the O-line. I don't think you are going to find anyone in the draft that is anywhere near as good as him. Just my humble opinion, that seems to upset some people.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-23-2007, 05:26 PM
B/C no one ever shows any love for OG's, and being that I played C, I have some love for the O-line. I don't think you are going to find anyone in the draft that is anywhere near as good as him. Just my humble opinion, that seems to upset some people.

Dude I played football in high school. I have much love for the offensive line. You can't have a good football team without a solid Oline. Don't get me wrong Alan Faneca was a great Steeler and he did alot of good for this organization.

Some points though. He is 30 and an OG. Just saying his age and the position of OG are reasons I think we can move on without him especially if he doesn't what to remain a Pittsburgh Steeler.

I have always felt you can find great value in drafts at OG.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-23-2007, 05:52 PM
This just goes to show how passionate we are that we know how important the OL is to a winning team. Faneca has been a monster for us, he's the best G in the league bar none. I hope he comes back and I hope he gets a fair deal from us. I don't personally think we're finding a G in the league that's anywhere near as good as Alan is. You can't expect a rookie to come in and replace Alan and be as productive so if Faneca doesn't come back there will be a void that will need to be filled and there will be a learning curve while that person steps up and assumes the job.

We will move on, we always do, no matter who the 11 guys on offense are. In the end we'll always be fans too !..I just personally hope Alan is here with us to finish his career.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-23-2007, 06:14 PM
This just goes to show how passionate we are that we know how important the OL is to a winning team. Faneca has been a monster for us, he's the best G in the league bar none. I hope he comes back and I hope he gets a fair deal from us. I don't personally think we're finding a G in the league that's anywhere near as good as Alan is. You can't expect a rookie to come in and replace Alan and be as productive so if Faneca doesn't come back there will be a void that will need to be filled and there will be a learning curve while that person steps up and assumes the job.

We will move on, we always do, no matter who the 11 guys on offense are. In the end we'll always be fans too !..I just personally hope Alan is here with us to finish his career.

Yes I would have liked Alan to finished his career with the Steelers also. I would also like a million dollars to.:bluelol: But Alan by his actions is stating that he isn't happy and doesn't want to remain a Steeler. So give him his wish.

As for a rookie starting on the Oline. Top, the Pats started Logan Mankins at OG when he was rookie and they were still a playoff team. Hell the Chargers started Marcus McNeil at LT last year as a rookie. Other teams have started rookies on their Olines and were just fine. I think if the Chargers can start a rookie at LT which is more important then OG then the Steelers could start a rookie at OG and be fine. Its all about drafting players that can play period.

BBC
04-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Two different situations.......

Of course they are. When it points out your complete hypocrisy, it's never the same situation.

It's not like he called a press conference to say what he had to say, he was asked about it in interviews. I'm sure if he was never asked, it never would have been out there.

Right, and I'm sure you remember when Marvin Harrison answered a question to complain about his coaches/owner's decision just because he was asked a question about it, right? Or when Troy Polamalu, Warrick Dunn, or LaDainian Tomlinson did it either?

You don't?

Me neither.

Players get asked questions all the time, they don't need to call a press conference just to bitch about something. Maybe it wouldn't have been a problem if Alan hadn't have been asked the question, but it makes you wonder how the aforementioned players never get asked questions, doesn't it?

TEEMONT
04-23-2007, 06:57 PM
Of course they are. When it points out your complete hypocrisy, it's never the same situation.

Fine, they are the exact same situation, you're right. There is nothing different about the two situations at all. Ben said he didn't get in b/c it was popular opinion that he didn't get in, and he wants to popular so badly. I don't think Ben was being truthful. Faneca is.....

Right, and I'm sure you remember when Marvin Harrison answered a question to complain about his coaches/owner's decision just because he was asked a question about it, right? Or when Troy Polamalu, Warrick Dunn, or LaDainian Tomlinson did it either?

You don't?

Me neither.

Players get asked questions all the time, they don't need to call a press conference just to bitch about something. Maybe it wouldn't have been a problem if Alan hadn't have been asked the question, but it makes you wonder how the aforementioned players never get asked questions, doesn't it?

Not every NFL player can be as perfect as your poster boys you mentioned above. This is one of the reasons I have always liked Faneca. He speaks his mind, even though people like you can't stand it, and want to make more of it than there really is. If he's not there for the mandatory, then you will have a reason to be pissy, until then, who gives a flaming ****.

BBC
04-23-2007, 10:17 PM
Fine, they are the exact same situation, you're right. There is nothing different about the two situations at all. Ben said he didn't get in b/c it was popular opinion that he didn't get in, and he wants to popular so badly. I don't think Ben was being truthful. Faneca is.....

Wonderful, the situations are now completely different because you somehow know exactly why Ben told Letterman whether or not he thought he got in.

But Ben should have lied in that situation, according to you (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showpost.php?p=88402&postcount=25), while Alan is the man because he told the truth, right?

Not every NFL player can be as perfect as your poster boys you mentioned above. This is one of the reasons I have always liked Faneca. He speaks his mind, even though people like you can't stand it, and want to make more of it than there really is. If he's not there for the mandatory, then you will have a reason to be pissy, until then, who gives a flaming ****.

Good for Alan. He tells the truth, and you love him, Ben does the same, and he's a jagoff.

I guess when you're blinded by your man-love for a player everything changes.

TEEMONT
04-23-2007, 10:24 PM
Wonderful, the situations are now completely different because you somehow know exactly why Ben told Letterman whether or not he thought he got in.

But Ben should have lied in that situation, according to you (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showpost.php?p=88402&postcount=25), while Alan is the man because he told the truth, right?

Good for Alan. He tells the truth, and you love him, Ben does the same, and he's a jagoff.

I guess when you're blinded by your man-love for a player everything changes.
You know as well as I do it is two completely different situations. The more I think about it, I don't think Ben told the truth, I think he thought that he got in. I think he BS'ed. I really wish I could find the clip where he says he got in, all I can find is where he gets his beard shaved off. He just has this look, like he knows he is bs'ing.

You keep bringing up my "man-crush" on Faneca, God get over it, it's old and played out.

SteelerNation
04-26-2007, 11:05 PM
As much as im a Faneca fan i feel this way about all players and that is if you dont show up and be part of the steeler nation then you get the boot. same would go for anyother player includeing Big Ben if he showed he dident care and held out give him the boot same would go for troy if he held out give him the boot but thats just my :2cents:

BlitzburghNation
04-27-2007, 02:30 AM
NO,,,,,,, Think he'll be playing for his next "BIG CONTRACT" :popcorn:

Wish it would be for us :cursin: