PDA

View Full Version : Report: Johnson among those admitting marijuana use

Blitzburgh55
04-19-2007, 04:27 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/news/story?id=2842833

Three players widely regarded as top-10 picks in the NFL draft, including Georgia Tech wide receiver Calvin Johnson, have admitted to previously using marijuana, Pro Football Weekly reported.

Johnson, Clemson defensive end Gaines Adams and Louisville defensive tackle Amobi Okoye admitted using the drug, according to multiple sources who have watched the interviews, the publication reported. The admissions were made during standard interviews at the NFL Scouting Combine, which are taken by every player and shared by all 32 teams for review.

Would an admission of previous marijuana use make you less interested in a draft prospect with no other known character issues?
Yes
No

Johnson is being considered by the Oakland Raiders for the first overall pick in the draft.

While some teams could see marijuana use as troubling, others might view the players' admissions of prior use as a sign of maturity, particularly since players are encouraged to be honest in the interviews.

But the NFL's new player conduct policy, along with its hardline suspensions of the Cincinnati Bengals' Chris Henry for eight games and the Tennessee Titans' Adam "Pacman" Jones for an entire season, could cause teams to put even more emphasis on character, now that the league has made clear it will deal with off-the-field misbehavior harshly.

"[NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell] is going to be all over any team that drafts players with borderline character," an unidentified team official said, according to Pro Football Weekly. "You are not going to see a draft like, for instance, Cincinnati's [in 2006], where they took four criminals in one draft, because the owners are going to start getting fined."

Koopa
04-19-2007, 05:21 PM
it's just weed, nothing bad, i think it's gay that weed is illegal............i don't see how it's worse then beer

Black@Gold Forever32
04-19-2007, 05:49 PM
it's just weed, nothing bad, i think it's gay that weed is illegal............i don't see how it's worse then beer

I'm so with you on this Koopa.:bigthumb: As a former smoker myself I agree its no worse then getting drunk. Hell I drive a car better high then drunk. I had to stop smoking weed thanks to my job.:bluelol: I get drug tested at work. I know there is ways around that but I don't take the chance.:bluelol:

I miss smoking the Blueberry Yum-Yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bluelol: Get your lighters, roll that sticky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

House of Steel
04-19-2007, 05:52 PM
LOL. I never done weed, but been very tempted. I agree, weed needs to be legalize for goodness sakes, not only medically but pleasure wise.

SteelersfaninPhilly
04-19-2007, 06:14 PM
puff puff pass :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-19-2007, 06:38 PM
If they did it in their past and it's not an issue now with them, it's no biggie.

AZ_Steeler
04-19-2007, 06:58 PM
If they did it in their past and it's not an issue now with them, it's no biggie.

Good thing the teams are not ran by woman because they would never forgive these guys for something they did in the past :D

okiesteeler
04-19-2007, 07:06 PM
we have had players who had serious drug problems in the past and you can tell it in their play. If they smoke it due to stress, they are about to find out what stress is all about, will they pick it back up and get caught? I dont think we can take a chance on someone who has any kind or character problem

House of Steel
04-19-2007, 07:07 PM
AMEN, CHRIS!!!!

kgreen
04-19-2007, 07:19 PM
At Least they came clean. Unlike some people! *Cough* Ricky Williams *Cough**Cough*

okiesteeler
04-19-2007, 07:22 PM
That is very true. He has applied to be readmitted to the NFL as well, should anyone take a chance on him?

Captcoolhand
04-19-2007, 07:54 PM
Good thing the teams are not ran by woman because they would never forgive these guys for something they did in the past :D
Bullshit! because IMO, more women smoke Dope than men do.

Captcoolhand
04-19-2007, 08:07 PM
I am so surprised that the Goverment don't legalize the uses of weed for the simple fact that they would have another reason to tax us and make money. maybe they are afraid that someone else can make it better than they can. :dunno:
I just hear this today: what in the hell is smoke a Bird. Quote, I'll smoke a bird with ya!:dunno: :scratch:
I don't smoke the **** anymore but when i did it wasn't like the **** out today. I'm talking skunkie bud, Ghongi, Monkey paw,and lets not forget Tie stick. **** that even the regulars wound take 2-3 hits and be F*cked up. :yesnod: :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
04-19-2007, 08:12 PM
Its all about the Bluberry Yum-Yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captcoolhand
04-19-2007, 08:26 PM
Its all about the Bluberry Yum-Yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
call me L7 but what the hell is that????????:scratch:

DIESELMAN
04-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Theres nothin wrong with smoking mother nature and experimenting with it. The thing is, it affects people different, everyone here can confirm that. It makes some people ready to rock and roll, while others giggle like they're 5 yrs old :lol: Other people lose all train of thought for extended periods of time, while others can concentrate like crazy. Some people can hang with it but others are totally lost.

PsychoWard
04-19-2007, 08:57 PM
yeah this is stupid!!! get over it what is a little pot going to hurt?? at least he came clean!! he could have easily lied about it!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
04-19-2007, 08:59 PM
Castillo came right out and admitted he smoked it before the draft last year. Some teams stayed away from him but he's obviously doing quite well with the Chargers. As long as it's not something they do now,to where the NFL can fine them for it, doing it in their past shouldn't hinder their draft status IMO.

Blitzburgh55
04-19-2007, 09:53 PM
Its a big a deal cuze you fail a drug test u get suspened for 4 games

Koopa
04-19-2007, 09:54 PM
they haven't failed any

and they said they have smoked weed

they didn't say they still do..........

kgreen
04-19-2007, 09:56 PM
Maybe Barry Bonds could learn something from this.............:dunno: