PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland/Pitt Rivalry

Deb
04-19-2007, 01:33 AM
I live near cleveland and kinda wonderng what fueled that intense rivalry to begin with..........just location? a game? its one of the greatest rivalries in football....or does it just go with the territory LOL

House of Steel
04-19-2007, 01:50 AM
The players basically and the region. The fans just have pure hatred for one another. Go to TSZ and look at George and I going at it. Deb, I flip every damn Browns fan off when I come across one. They are arrogant, stupid, inconsiderate lowlifes. They are the worse damn drivers in the nation too. I will put a Browns fan in a ditch everytime the think they can drive me off the road or cut me off. BROWNS FANS KNOW NOT TO **** WITH A STEELER FAN.

ARKIESTEEL
04-19-2007, 07:36 AM
The players basically and the region. The fans just have pure hatred for one another. Go to TSZ and look at George and I going at it. Deb, I flip every damn Browns fan off when I come across one. They are arrogant, stupid, inconsiderate lowlifes. They are the worse damn drivers in the nation too. I will put a Browns fan in a ditch everytime the think they can drive me off the road or cut me off. BROWNS FANS KNOW NOT TO **** WITH A STEELER FAN.

blunt and to the point seems like it was well thought out......I give it a 9.87 out of 10. Would have gone ahead and gave the 10 but I thought you was a little too nice :lol: :hail: :bigthumb:

p.s you should have took the time to throw a few jabs at the cowpie fans:dunno:

BlackGold4vr
04-19-2007, 08:18 AM
I live near cleveland and kinda wonderng what fueled that intense rivalry to begin with..........just location? a game? its one of the greatest rivalries in football....or does it just go with the territory LOL

I don't think that it is as much a rivalry as it used to be. For Cleveland, we are one of their most hated rivals for sure because we have owned them for so long. For us I don't believe that hatred is as deep because so many of us have even forgot what it is like to lose to Cleveland because it has been onesided for so long. I think they have dropped down on the most hated rival list a couple notches behind Baltimore and Cincinnati for me anyway. :yesnod:

Deb
04-19-2007, 08:20 AM
Yeah The Modell move to Baltimore may have disrupted that, I wasn't thinking

Deb
04-19-2007, 08:22 AM
and its kinda funny cuz I live a little east of cleveland. I am exactly 2 hours from Pitt.......about 35 minutes from downtown Cleveland. Steeler mdse is far more visible than the browns. I was at a walmart where they were selling Browns Jerseys for a dollar and couldn't get rid of them

Deb
04-19-2007, 08:26 AM
as far as cowpie fans...I also work for mike....steel-x at TSZ so maybe we can meet in the middle...;-) LOL

BlackGold4vr
04-19-2007, 08:28 AM
and its kinda funny cuz I live a little east of cleveland. I am exactly 2 hours from Pitt.......about 35 minutes from downtown Cleveland. Steeler mdse is far more visible than the browns. I was at a walmart where they were selling Browns Jerseys for a dollar and couldn't get rid of them

They gotta beat us a few times for the rivalry to refresh it's bitterness. :lol:

ARKIESTEEL
04-19-2007, 08:32 AM
as far as cowpie fans...I also work for mike....steel-x at TSZ so maybe we can meet in the middle...;-) LOL

Just hacking on you:bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-19-2007, 08:44 AM
As a Steeler fan it's your duty, IMO, to hate the clowns. It's fueled mainly by the close proximity of the 2 teams, but also because both cities are so much alike.

I agree with 4vr though as well that the hated rivalry has died down some in the recent years as the distain for the Bengals & Ratbirds has heated up to rival status the glory days of the great Clowns/Steelers games.

House of Steel
04-19-2007, 09:00 AM
I still have as much hatred for Browns fans as I do Ravens. I've seen a few of them Purple Pansies in Cleveland, I love nothing more than to embrass the hell out of em, I have once poured ice on the floor where they was going to walk and one just about took himself out. I said, What a ****ing douchebag PURPLEMORE fan

Deb
04-19-2007, 09:08 AM
you're not serious are you? LOL

BlackGold4vr
04-19-2007, 09:28 AM
How can you hate a team that gives you 2 in the win column faithfully every year? Who can honestly say that they expect to drop one to the Brownies this year? Yet when you look at our schedule you hope to at least get a split from Baltimore and Cinci.

House of Steel
04-19-2007, 09:41 AM
Yes, I am Deb. I am serious. I hate Bengals fans in Cleveland too. Two days ago, I was at McDonalds and this stupid pun comes in wearing deco of a Tigger. I was laughing so hard at him, he said, What??? I said, Oh nothing!!! The cashier was looking at me like, he looks retarded doesn't he? I told her, mouthing, "Yeah! Retarded!" He comes by me and said, "don't you forget, we own you." I was like, "If you own me, how come we kicked your tigger *** out of the playoffs twice?" I said, Go roll on the ground like your gay lover Carson would. I left.

Deb
04-19-2007, 10:03 AM
I dunno I am pretty passionate about the cowboys but Id never wish bodily harm on a redskin fan.

House of Steel
04-19-2007, 10:05 AM
Oh but you would if they did to you.

ARKIESTEEL
04-19-2007, 10:06 AM
Cause thats how House of Steel rolls :bigthumb: :nono:

He be keeping it real:stirpot: :redcool:

House of Steel
04-19-2007, 10:08 AM
DAMN RIGHT!!!!! I am keeping it real. They want to start **** with me, They are going to pay too. BLACK N GOLD BLOOD RUNS DEEP IN ME. THEY WILL SEE IT TOO!!!!!!!!

Deb
04-19-2007, 10:09 AM
LOL well no denying your love for you team HOS...LOL

BBG7
04-19-2007, 12:06 PM
For me I don't like the Browns because I have a little Browns/Steelers home rivalry.....but as a whole....I don't really care much about the Browns. Like someone said, it's 2 easy wins a year. However, I livec in Bungal land and I can't stand their fans. It's a team when 90% of the fans don't know football, or how to win. They are also the most fair weather fans I have ever seen in my life! I said 90% because there are a few true ones out there that aren't completely ignorant about it!

TEEMONT
04-19-2007, 02:11 PM
When I went to middle school near Youngstown, we had pretty much half Steelers fans half Browns fans. It used to be pretty crazy during game weeks. It did suck though when the Browns moved, everyone was kinda sad.

I don't think I would ever wish bodily harm on any other teams fans though. "Pouring" ice (how do you pour ice, it's already frozen, unless it was cubes) on the floor in front of someone to make them fall is kind of a dick move.

TEEMONT
04-19-2007, 02:29 PM
You just love to rock my *** don't you, Stillers, are you trying to get me to argue with you??? It isn't going to work. By the way, don't sit there and tell me you never pull pranks as dumb as that one.

I pull pranks, but mine are cheeky and fun, yours are just cruel. And if I wanted to argu with you, I would have taken that other thread further.

Hburg
04-19-2007, 03:14 PM
Deb check out this link it might explain it a bit:

Steelers/Browns Rivalry (http://news.steelers.com/article/71738/)

BuFu

SteelerSteve
04-21-2007, 03:09 AM
They gotta beat us a few times for the rivalry to refresh it's bitterness. :lol:
Dont count on that!:tt02: :tt02:

Stlrs4Life
04-24-2007, 11:01 PM
Not sure what the deal is, I was born to hate the Browns.

House of Steel
04-24-2007, 11:15 PM
:iagree: When your family is full of losers rooting for losers, you get the idea of not cheering on the losers. I've made my decision when I was 10 years of age. 23rd Season for me coming up and damn proud of bleeding Black and Gold.

SteelersWoman
04-25-2007, 09:02 AM
I'm with the ones who feel it's two easy wins a year, and I just kinda feel sorry for people who stick with their team year in and year out with never any kind of reward. But of course, if the Browns ever DID start winning, their fans would go from being pitiful to flat out unbearable.

I know this because my husband and youngest son are Browns fans (which is why I have to overlook HoS's blanket statements about Browns fans ;)) lol
Hubby and son are truly wonderful guys--just very misguided--but oh are they both ever ready for a winning season! :D

I will tell you this though...I wasn't "into" football back when the Browns consistenly handed us our behinds. So I've never known anything but winnin against them every single time.

Gr8N8
04-25-2007, 09:48 PM
For me I don't like the Browns because I have a little Browns/Steelers home rivalry.....but as a whole....I don't really care much about the Browns. Like someone said, it's 2 easy wins a year. However, I livec in Bungal land and I can't stand their fans. It's a team when 90% of the fans don't know football, or how to win. They are also the most fair weather fans I have ever seen in my life! I said 90% because there are a few true ones out there that aren't completely ignorant about it!

Hey now... a few of us are entertaining at the very least...

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Gr8N8/UpYoursCleveland.jpg

Seriously, there's no real rivalry in the AFCN... after all, the division is still technically an infant in NFL terms. The Bengals / Steelers have only been competitive at the same time for 2 years now. The Steelers owned the 70's. The Bengals had a great stretch in the 80's while the Steelers picked back up in the 90's. 5 games doesn't really justify a rivalry in "real" terms. Ever since the Browns started playing in Baltimore, that "rivalry" died. And the expansion team in Cleveland is more concerned about the color of their seats.

House of Steel
04-25-2007, 09:56 PM
I just love that picture. That is a classic.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-25-2007, 10:01 PM

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Gr8N8/UpYoursCleveland.jpg

Seriously, there's no real rivalry in the AFCN... after all, the division is still technically an infant in NFL terms. The Bengals / Steelers have only been competitive at the same time for 2 years now. The Steelers owned the 70's. The Bengals had a great stretch in the 80's while the Steelers picked back up in the 90's. 5 games doesn't really justify a rivalry in "real" terms. Ever since the Browns started playing in Baltimore, that "rivalry" died. And the expansion team in Cleveland is more concerned about the color of their seats.

You make good points and I can see where you're coming from with them. When we're talking a rivalry based on how intense the ones in the past were then no the ones today probably aren't on that level but the way the Steelers/Ratbirds are that is as much hatred between 2 teams as Ive seen in awhile. I know my hatred for the Ratbirds goes way more than just the NFL. That whole damn city could blow up for all I care !

The Bengals/Steelers has the making of something special if both teams remain competitive.

Gr8N8
04-25-2007, 10:02 PM
I just love that picture. That is a classic.

I've been meaning to go back with a camera and pull a Borat on the lawn in between the GL Science Center and the Browns TB.

Gr8N8
04-25-2007, 10:06 PM
The Bengals/Steelers has the making of something special if both teams remain competitive.

With free agency and the kinds of injuries teams get today, I have my doubts. That's why I think we as fans have lowered our standards for words like "dynasty" and "rivalry". It's the Wayne Heuzienga way of life: win now so you won't have to think about tomorrow. The Pats win 3 SB's in 4 years. Impressive. But "dynasty"? No. Do what the Boston Celtics did in the Russell years... that's a "dynasty".

"Rivalries" are just as hard to maintain. The closest you get to a rivalry these days are fights in Las Vegas. And now that SOB plays for Miami... WTF!

:lol:

BBG7
04-25-2007, 10:45 PM

This is true :bigthumb:
No really there are some Bengal fans that I love and respect them (even if they made a bad choice in picking a team....lol...we can't all be perfect!) No I'm just kidding...it's the ones that have come out of no where and don't understand football that I can't stand. I love that the Bengals have finally become competitive again, it has created some great games...and I always go to to the Steeler game in Cincy so it has added a little excitement!

BlitzburghRockCity
04-25-2007, 10:52 PM
With free agency and the kinds of injuries teams get today, I have my doubts. That's why I think we as fans have lowered our standards for words like "dynasty" and "rivalry". It's the Wayne Heuzienga way of life: win now so you won't have to think about tomorrow. The Pats win 3 SB's in 4 years. Impressive. But "dynasty"? No. Do what the Boston Celtics did in the Russell years... that's a "dynasty".

"Rivalries" are just as hard to maintain. The closest you get to a rivalry these days are fights in Las Vegas. And now that SOB plays for Miami... WTF!

:lol:

Yeah Porter was always good for raising the rivalry temperature to a boil ! :lol: Damn Im going to miss him.

Gr8N8
04-25-2007, 11:07 PM
This is true :bigthumb:
No really there are some Bengal fans that I love and respect them (even if they made a bad choice in picking a team....lol...we can't all be perfect!) No I'm just kidding...it's the ones that have come out of no where and don't understand football that I can't stand. I love that the Bengals have finally become competitive again, it has created some great games...and I always go to to the Steeler game in Cincy so it has added a little excitement!

That's one of the many things I hate about living in Cleveland. Once FA opens and the Browns spend ungodly amounts of cash on guys who just get staph infections, they are always going to the Super Bowl... and the season is over by the 2nd week of preseason. What's hilarious is people cheer this crap team on like it was never an expansion team. You should check out my rants on this at TSZ :lol:

My interview with a "Browns" fan:

http://www.the-sportszone.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9506

The new uniforms:

http://www.the-sportszone.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9590

My second attempt at interviewing a "Browns" fan:

http://www.the-sportszone.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9591

It was damn near unbearable this past month when the Browns signed Steinbach, like it was Montana was dug up out of the grave. I bet a guy I work with that Steinbach would be under the knife before the season started knowing their "luck"... sure enough, emergency appendectomy last week. Paid for my dinner. :lol:

BBG7
04-25-2007, 11:10 PM
Oh I have been there with my wonderful fiance and his friends (almost all Browns fans) Every year things are going to be different and they are going to win it all (but I hear the same from Bengal fans too...lol) It's funnier hearing it from the Browns fans though.

BBG7
04-25-2007, 11:11 PM
just read the interviews...pretty funny

Gr8N8
04-25-2007, 11:17 PM
just read the interviews...pretty funny

It's remarkable about how touchy Browns fans are over the "2.0" factoid. :lol:

Hburg
04-25-2007, 11:28 PM
Oh God.....hear goes Nate on the "Browns"/Browns 2.0/Browns Jr./Bro-vens! :lol:

But I still love it.......he is a master of getting Browns fans pissed off.

BuFu

Gr8N8
04-25-2007, 11:35 PM
Oh God.....hear goes Nate on the "Browns"/Browns 2.0/Browns Jr./Bro-vens! :lol:

But I still love it.......he is a master of getting Browns fans pissed off.

BuFu

I guess I have that touch. I still have one Bengals "fan" that invited me down to Cincinnati for a cage fight, however I still haven't received a response to my multiple requests for his address. The one Brovens fan didn't take too kindly to me posting the pic of me flicking off CBS, so I told him to wait for the sequel. My PM box was overloaded. :lol:

Hburg
04-25-2007, 11:42 PM
I guess I have that touch. I still have one Bengals "fan" that invited me down to Cincinnati for a cage fight, however I still haven't received a response to my multiple requests for his address. The one Brovens fan didn't take too kindly to me posting the pic of me flicking off CBS, so I told him to wait for the sequel. My PM box was overloaded. :lol:

Smarty?

Browns fans are known to resort to physical threats when they run out of mental ability....which is after word one.

BuFu

Gr8N8
04-26-2007, 08:56 PM
Smarty?

Browns fans are known to resort to physical threats when they run out of mental ability....which is after word one.

BuFu

Yep... since he wouldn't provide the info... I just resorted to more fun with photoshop. :lol:

Hburg
04-26-2007, 11:22 PM
Yep... since he wouldn't provide the info... I just resorted to more fun with photoshop. :lol:

Smarty's name is so fitting for him. Homeboy acts omniscient....and therefore "better than you" half the time. But seems as though his true colors came out when it came time to man up against you.

BuFu