PDA

View Full Version : Bush up and running

K Train
04-18-2007, 10:36 PM
Article (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6703096)
Michael Bush is up and running, his broken right leg nearly fully healed just in time for the NFL draft.

The former Louisville running back this week took part in his first full workout since he was hurt in September, and also received a thumbs-up prognosis from James Andrews, an Alabama-based orthopedic surgeon who specializes in sports injuries.

"I reviewed an X-ray today and it looks like it is 99 percent healed," Andrews wrote in a letter dated Wednesday and obtained by The Associated Press. "I would estimate that Michael Bush will pick up in the NFL where he left off in college, and should be a top-ranked running back taken in the 2007 NFL Draft."

The letter was released by Bush's agent, Todd France, who said he is forwarding Andrews' letter, Bush's most recent X-rays and a DVD from his client's workout to all 32 NFL teams. The workout was held at Louisville on Monday and filmed by school officials, France said.

The agent hopes the updated information will clear up any doubts about Bush's status going into the draft on April 28-29.

"It's great news," said France. "It's huge. My thing was I wanted to take away any negative perceptions in people's minds where his health status is because he couldn't work out at the combine. Well, guess what, look at him now."

The highly regarded Bush broke his leg in Louisville's season-opener against Kentucky in September. He was coming off a junior season in which he ran for 1,143 yards and an NCAA-leading 23 touchdowns.

Bush applied for a medical redshirt in case he decided to come back to school, but instead opted to enter the draft.

The injury has led Bush's stock to fall in numerous draft projections, which peg him as a second- or third-round pick at best - and well behind Oklahoma's Adrian Peterson and California's Marshawn Lynch.

Before being hurt, the 6-foot-1, 251-pound Bush was noted for running with both power and speed, while also being a capable receiver. He actually came to Louisville as a quarterback.

His recovery comes about a month after Bush had a second operation during which a new rod was inserted into his leg after the bone didn't heal quickly enough from the initial surgery.

"It is remarkable how quickly this has improved," Andrews wrote. "It certainly looks much better than it did some weeks ago."

Andrews said he also was impressed after viewing the workout, noting Bush took part in 100-yard runs, multiple ladder drills, jumped rope and did 225-pound squats.
he needs to be a steeler :banging:

House of Steel
04-18-2007, 11:00 PM
I figured this would happen and yes, HE IS A STEELERS DREAM!!!!

DIESELMAN
04-18-2007, 11:28 PM
Wow!! He just had another rod put in his leg less then a month ago.

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5028
Quick healer......I hope he just gets stronger and we pick his ***.

strong D
04-19-2007, 07:36 AM
Sure would be nice to have him

House of Steel
04-19-2007, 08:17 AM
Boy, I want him badly now. K-Train, Thank you so much for that article, that has me pumped and hoping for him.

kgreen
04-19-2007, 09:05 AM
Nice! I hope we could draft him.:cope:

steelcitysfinestXL
04-19-2007, 09:47 AM
Lol, funny most of the people on this forum were trying to throw this guy under the bus a couple weeks ago... Train and I were among the FEW who said we need to chance it and draft this guy!!! Its still a bit of a risk but its a gamble i'd def be willing to spend a 3rd or 4th round pick on... if he lasts that long!!!

BRICKTOWN BEAST
04-19-2007, 03:06 PM
wait, is the rod still in his leg or what?

House of Steel
04-19-2007, 03:10 PM
I didn't throw him under the bus, XL, I wanted the guy regardless cause eventhough it was a gamble, I knew it would pay off, my guts reactions.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-19-2007, 03:11 PM
Lol, funny most of the people on this forum were trying to throw this guy under the bus a couple weeks ago... Train and I were among the FEW who said we need to chance it and draft this guy!!! Its still a bit of a risk but its a gamble i'd def be willing to spend a 3rd or 4th round pick on... if he lasts that long!!!

I wasn't throwing Bush under the bus. In fact I would love nothing mofe then Bush being drafted by the Steelers.:bigthumb: Last year when alot of Steelers fans were screaming for LenDale White, I said hell no and draft Holmes. My reason was the fact of Michael Bush being in this draft and I really liked Santonio Holmes.

Yes the leg injuries concern me but if he is cleared I say 2nd pound draft Bush. Parker and Bush will tear things up for years.:bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-19-2007, 05:33 PM
It's only natural to be cautious of a guy who is coming off an injury like that and looking to be drafted as high as many are projecting him. If he's healing that quickly though, more power to him, bring him on if things pan out for us.

steelcitysfinestXL
04-19-2007, 05:45 PM
definately worth the risk IMO, he has too much upide to pass up on him. If we draft another runningback and he's sill on the board ill be rather upset. Hunt or not, i think Bush is our guy!!! Im not naming names (probley cause i dont remember, lol) but people on this site less than 3 weeks ago were saying "stick a fork in him" "he'll never be the back he was" things like that... now im not ready to crown him yet by any means, im just repeating what i said around combine time when reports said maybe week six before he can even think about practicing. I like the potential to have a SERIOUS 2 headed monster back field.... PLEASE GOD LET US GET MICHAEL BUSH...

steelcitysfinestXL
04-19-2007, 06:26 PM
http://nfldraft.rivals.com/viewprorank.asp?ra_key=61

If you never saw him run and throw watch his college video, this guy finishes runs, sees the cutback lanes and makes great cuts, punishes defenders between him and the goalline and abuses arm takles. Oh and he can throw the ball too!! pretty cool video, check it out. Its after the A-ROD commercial!

K Train
04-19-2007, 06:29 PM
ive been supporting him all along, he is the best RB in this draft and bones heal stronger that they were before, its not like he snapped his Achilles tendon. Bush is the hardest runner ive ever seen play college football, a touchdown machine. He is a hard worker and throughout his rehab has been getting in shape and preparing himself at all costs. If thats not a guy you want on your team then i dont know what to tell you....not to mention he runs with pure hatred

steelcitysfinestXL
04-19-2007, 06:37 PM
ive been supporting him all along, he is the best RB in this draft and bones heal stronger that they were before, its not like he snapped his Achilles tendon. Bush is the hardest runner ive ever seen play college football, a touchdown machine. He is a hard worker and throughout his rehab has been getting in shape and preparing himself at all costs. If thats not a guy you want on your team then i dont know what to tell you....not to mention he runs with pure hatred

:plus1: AMEN

Yeah you and i were about the only people saying that after the combine, the guy is a monster hervuns harder than anyone in the draft, and has vision like a smaller scat back type, with the ability to make great cuts. He NEVER runs out of bounds and he smells the goaline alomost as good as hines!!!

Koopa
04-19-2007, 06:39 PM

you have obviously never seen adrian peterson play, the dude is a ****ing monster, he's power if you need power, he's speed if you need speed.......... no running back in this draft is on adrian's level..........

K Train
04-19-2007, 06:49 PM
you have obviously never seen adrian peterson play, the dude is a ****ing monster, he's power if you need power, he's speed if you need speed.......... no running back in this draft is on adrian's level..........

Bush is the best in the draft, even better than superpeterson.

Peterson is good, maybe even great but Bush is just as crazy as peterson.

Peterson is this years overrated RB. Hes made out of glass and cant stay healthy which wont help his career in the pros. Not to mention hes probably gonna be a brown which not only flushes his career away to nothingness but he'll be on IR by week 5.

All jokes aside, peterson is good, but i think bush would be the first RB taken had he not got hurt, he cranks out TDs like nothing ive ever seen before.

steelcitysfinestXL
04-19-2007, 06:52 PM
oh most def. AP is the best rb in hiis draft... not sure if that would be the case if Bush would of played the whole year... the game he got hurt, i think th 3rd game, he had 150+ yards w/ 3 tds. you gotta remember he led the lague in tds by far in 05 over reggie bush, lindell white, ap, deangello williams and Jones-drew... i like ap, ALOT but we wont reach that high for him, we can probely wait til the 3rd to get bush!!! not rying to be a dick but have you ever seen buh play... added bonus he can throw the ball very well check out that video man

K Train
04-19-2007, 06:57 PM
Bush got hurt in the season opener, he was over 100 yards and 3 TDs in the first half...thats amazing

steelcitysfinestXL
04-19-2007, 07:00 PM
i knew it was early in the season... damn that sucks i remember watching it on SC like NOOOOO! im a closet UL fan!!!

Koopa
04-19-2007, 07:21 PM
Bush is the best in the draft, even better than superpeterson.

Peterson is good, maybe even great but Bush is just as crazy as peterson.

Peterson is this years overrated RB. Hes made out of glass and cant stay healthy which wont help his career in the pros. Not to mention hes probably gonna be a brown which not only flushes his career away to nothingness but he'll be on IR by week 5.

All jokes aside, peterson is good, but i think bush would be the first RB taken had he not got hurt, he cranks out TDs like nothing ive ever seen before.

ok, he sprains his ankle his sophomore year, and still had a good year

last year, he had a freek accident......... and it's nothing that bad, it's healed and he'll be fine

Bush got hurt in the season opener, he was over 100 yards and 3 TDs in the first half...thats amazing

you put WAAAYY to much stock in this game, it was against kentucy for crying out loud, not a power house there...........

now don't take this as me bashing bush, cause now that i know his leg is good, i think we should get him in the second round which is the only way we can get him

but, he is not the best back in the league

like i said earlier, ap or ad (which is his nickname) is by far the best back in the draft class, he's everything.........he's speed and he's power.......whereas bush is just power.......

and also realize this, this is coming from a texas fan, a fan that hates everything OU, a fan that cheered when he broke his collar bone.........so this is taking a lot to say all this lol

Black@Gold Forever32
04-19-2007, 07:25 PM
Well I agree with you Koopa, that Adrian Peterson is the best RB in this draft class. But if Bush, would have stayed healthy it would have been an interesting battle between these two and I wonder if Bush had stayed healthy how high he would have gone in this draft. I think a healthy Michael Bush would have been a top-10 pick.

Koopa
04-19-2007, 07:26 PM
Well I agree with you Koopa, that Adrian Peterson is the best RB in this draft class. But if Bush, would have stayed healthy it would have been an interesting battle between these two and I wonder if Bush had stayed healthy how high he would have gone in this draft. I think a healthy Michael Bush would have been a top-10 pick.

i'm sure he would've, but, the same can be said with ad, if he had stayed healthy this year, he'd probably be a lock for top 3

steelcitysfinestXL
04-19-2007, 07:35 PM
well i watched bush as much as i could his sophemore year, and i saw peterson play quite a few times throug-out his career. I like both but for us, we have parker. We need a guy we canput in on third downs, bush is that, great catching the ball out of the back field. Size- peterson runs hard for his size and speed. Bush runs fast for his size and power, we have willie it would be nice to have a compliment to him. Bush has better vision, plain and simple. Peterson runs hard, but not like Bush, not even close. I would love to see this draft if both these guys had played all year. And i dont think train is putting too much stock on Bush's soph. year, if you watch Bush play, you'll see he has all the tools to be great.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-19-2007, 07:37 PM
i'm sure he would've, but, the same can be said with ad, if he had stayed healthy this year, he'd probably be a lock for top 3

Oh, I agree with that and thats why I agreed with you that Peterson was the best RB in this draft. Just saying a healthy Michael Bush would have been a top-10 draft pick. The guy is a beast and its shame his last two seasons have been ruined with injury.

Koopa
04-19-2007, 07:39 PM
well i watched bush as much as i could his sophemore year, and i saw peterson play quite a few times throug-out his career. I like both but for us, we have parker. We need a guy we canput in on third downs, bush is that, great catching the ball out of the back field. Size- peterson runs hard for his size and speed. Bush runs fast for his size and power, we have willie it would be nice to have a compliment to him. Bush has better vision, plain and simple. Peterson runs hard, but not like Bush, not even close. I would love to see this draft if both these guys had played all year. And i dont think train is putting too much stock on Bush's soph. year, if you watch Bush play, you'll see he has all the tools to be great.

i know bush is better for us, i'm not comparing who would fit better......i'm talking about overall talent, it's kinda pointless to talk about peterson cause there is no way we can get him

i just brought him up because train was saying bush is the best back in the draft.........

Oh, I agree with that and thats why I agreed with you that Peterson was the best RB in this draft. Just saying a healthy Michael Bush would have been a top-10 draft pick. The guy is a beast and its shame his last two seasons have been ruined with injury.

are you saying the last two season for bush has been ruined with injury or peterson??? i don't know a lot about bush, and if that's what you're saying, why the hell is train saying peterson is made of glass when bush gets hurt too???

Black@Gold Forever32
04-19-2007, 07:39 PM

Nice post.:bigthumb: Yes looking at the Steelers Michael Bush is the better fit. He is the power RB the Steelers love and we already have Fast Willie (who is a top five RB in the NFL).

I think Peterson is still the best RB in this draft class. Both guys are very talented and hopefully both have better luck staying healthy in the NFL and go on to have great NFL careers.

steelcitysfinestXL
04-19-2007, 07:42 PM
well just one year he has put in for his senior season elligability at UL, espn just aired a story on him, and they are about to compare him and peterson here in a minute

DIESELMAN
04-19-2007, 07:45 PM
I would love to see us get Bush but if he didn't get injured we wouldn't be talking about him right now. Trust me, we are not the only ones who are talking about him. If we don't get him in the 2nd rd, he won't be there later. Hes on plenty of draft boards

Black@Gold Forever32
04-19-2007, 07:47 PM
i know bush is better for us, i'm not comparing who would fit better......i'm talking about overall talent, it's kinda pointless to talk about peterson cause there is no way we can get him

i just brought him up because train was saying bush is the best back in the draft.........

are you saying the last two season for bush has been ruined with injury or peterson??? i don't know a lot about bush, and if that's what you're saying, why the hell is train saying peterson is made of glass when bush gets hurt too???

Yes I'm talking about Bush Koopa. I know Peterson has had health issues as well but Bush has had really almost two full seaons ruined by injury. If not the guy would have been a top 10 pick.

steelcitysfinestXL
04-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Koopa, i still gotta agree with Train... i think pure talent Bush is the better back. Right now no question peterson is the clear cut number one. if you stand both these guys next to each other, 100% im not sure peterson can compare... but thats just me im not impressed w/ 40 times of a running back or other measureables when it comes to RB. To me its about game tape, and as ipressive a peterson was his whole career espescially his freshan year where he was phenominal, i think Bush at 250+ LBS with vision, hands, explosiveness, game speed, and work ethic is a better back.

Koopa
04-19-2007, 07:54 PM
Yes I'm talking about Bush Koopa. I know Peterson has had health issues as well but Bush has had really almost two full seaons ruined by injury. If not the guy would have been a top 10 pick.

interesting.........i didn't know bush was just as injury proned......well peterson wasn't really injury prone, he only sprained his ankle two years ago, and last year that was a freak accident

omg, i'm looking at the stats, wtf train??? peterson missed ONE game in 2005 and then 2006 is was really his only injury riddled season

bush missed 2 games in 05, and only played 1 in 06

i think if you wanna label someone "made of glass" that label belongs to bush

and again, i'm not bashing bush, i want us to get him in the second round

but peterson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> bush

steelcitysfinestXL
04-19-2007, 08:02 PM
like espn said i dont think anyone is gonna draft him b4 3rd and Petrino will be the first to try and gamble on him cause he knows how GREAT he is and is gonna be. I see him in ATL in the 4th if we dont grab him, which i doubt we will gamble on him, just not our style UNFORTUNATELY, damn the Rooneys for being so coservative, lol sorry i didnt mean that CHIEF!!!

Koopa
04-19-2007, 08:03 PM
like espn said i dont think anyone is gonna draft him b4 3rd and Petrino will be the first to try and gamble on him cause he knows how GREAT he is and is gonna be. I see him in ATL in the 4th if we dont grab him, which i doubt we will gamble on him, just not our style UNFORTUNATELY, damn the Rooneys for being so coservative, lol sorry i didnt mean that CHIEF!!!

no, cowher had all the power, damn cowher for being a bitch

this is a new era, colbert and tomlin might actually take the gamble, cause unlike cowher, tomlin knows how to coach...........

K Train
04-19-2007, 08:05 PM
But ap always has some kind of nagging injury, Bush broke his leg, had to sit out...i didnt say he was invincible.

I just think Peterson is overrated plain and simple, to many people are putting him in the hall of fame and i dont see it, i think hes good....just not great like everyone else.

Im not saying Bush is great, im saying i think he will be great, while i think ap will not amount to anything down in cleveland

K Train
04-19-2007, 08:06 PM
no, cowher had all the power, damn cowher for being a bitch

this is a new era, colbert and tomlin might actually take the gamble, cause unlike cowher, tomlin knows how to coach...........

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

BRICKTOWN BEAST
04-20-2007, 04:01 PM
was the rod removed from bushs leg?

and i don't think you should gamble on Bush when you could get Tony Hunt i really dont think the injury will affect him because he really wouldn't be used as a starter for us anyway. but if we did draft him ill get nervous if i see someone make a really strong low tackle on that leg.

House of Steel
04-20-2007, 04:12 PM
Once again, Bush>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hunt

MillerTime83
04-20-2007, 05:41 PM
Once again, Bush>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hunt

Even though we have good WR's I'd like to see the Steelers get gonzo if he is there, but to get back to the point Hunt will be a PERFECT fit for the steelers. Low risk high rewards he a very physical 3rd and short kind of RB which is what the steelers are needing on offense. Also he can catch a short pass here and there too. I really like Hunt and I think he might push Wille out of the way in a year or two. (I am a Wille hater)

Also in 36 games at Louisville, Bush started 17 times (doing my great public school math) thats more then half sure his numbers were outstanding, but that dont mean jack if you cant stay healthy.

So Bush<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Hunt

House of Steel
04-20-2007, 05:55 PM
is always going to be a crazy debate, but good point though.