PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin

strong D
04-18-2007, 08:05 PM
I have heard alot of people saying well tomlin likes this guy whoever it may be but how much say does tomlin have in this years draft i believe it is more colberts call than it is tomlin yes he is going to get to put his:2cents: in but i think its more like 60/40 more for colberts say

steelcitysfinestXL
04-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Yeah it porbley is, but Tomlin and Colbert were the ONLY head coach/GM tandum to see Timmons at his work out, and tomlin has reviewed every down this guy has played on tape and has had nothing but great things to say despite his somewhat poor running times at his pro-day!

BlackGold4vr
04-19-2007, 12:40 PM
Yeah it porbley is, but Tomlin and Colbert were the ONLY head coach/GM tandum to see Timmons at his work out, and tomlin has reviewed every down this guy has played on tape and has had nothing but great things to say despite his somewhat poor running times at his pro-day!

:iagree:

All coaches and scouts will readily agree that workouts might factor in about 25% of their decisions. 75% of what they look at on players is game film. Which is why Chris Henry probably won't be drafted by us. Never did anything great on the football field but nailed his workouts at the combine. Conversely Tony Hunt has 3 years of game film that shows he is a power back who runs north/south between the tackles, yet he had poor workouts. Who would you rather see us draft? The workout warrior or the gamer? Timmons is the same thing. If he has a couple years worth of film as a starter doing great things, that should not be trumped by a couple bad workouts. IMO.

steelcitysfinestXL
04-19-2007, 01:43 PM
Good point w/ the hunt thing... if he is there with the first of our 4th rounders i say tke him... maybe even in the 3rd, but i would LOVE to see us gamble and take Bush... now thats a PERFECT back for us if you look at his game tapes