PDA

View Full Version : Where will Deion Branch end up???

Troyisabeast_43
08-28-2006, 03:38 PM
Im only asking this cause I just drated him in my most important fantasy league yesterday and got him in the 13th round. My question to all of you is where do you think he will end up by the end of the week or this weekend or by opening day. Im hearing he is either going to go to Philly,Minnesota,Denver or Seattle if he doesnt resign with the Pats. Personally I hope he does leave the Pats because everytime he has faced the Steelers on there he has been virtually impossible to defend. But where do you guys think he will end up here by weeks end before the September 1st deadline the Pats gave him??

AZ_Steeler
08-28-2006, 03:55 PM
Good question! It's really hard to say where he could end up, when you look a the teams across the NFL a lot of the contender teams are set at the WR spot and most are already strapped with their salary caps. Maybe KC, they don't really have a receiver who is a threat, GB and even the Vikings since they recently released Robinson... not sure though it's anyones guess at this time.

I know the Steelers aren't going after Branch! I would find that highly unlikely at this time, plus his salary requirements wouldn't fit into the Steelers budget. :)

BTW... Welcome to SA!

PemPgh14
08-28-2006, 08:27 PM
I really don't care...andI couldn't tell you anyways.

House of Steel
08-28-2006, 11:13 PM
Profootballtalk.com rumored the Steelers was talking about doing a trade for Deion Branch. Supposely, the rumor states that the Front Office and Coaching Staff are very unhappy with our current receiving corps. GOOD GRIEF!!

New England, the rippers, want two first rounders for Branch. YEAH RIGHT!!

Steelersfan
08-29-2006, 02:28 AM
Where do they come up with these rumors!.....lol I suppose it could happen but I doubt it.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-29-2006, 02:29 AM
Branch is coming to Pittsburgh in a 3 player deal with Terrel Owens and Chad Johnson :lol: :lol:

Steelersfan
08-29-2006, 02:30 AM
TO and CJ going to the Pats?......lol That would be quite a site.

PemPgh14
08-29-2006, 08:55 AM
TO and CJ going to the Pats?......lol That would be quite a site.
Actually, they could work well toghether. I mean who knows...I'm sure after a while the Pats would be no more, but Chad and T.O. are both good receivers, but with terrible reputaition.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-29-2006, 09:46 AM
The pats need alittle controversy to stir things up..the Brady bunch is just too happy so they need alittle TO & Chad to :stirpot:

:lol:

AZ_Steeler
08-29-2006, 08:09 PM
Branch coming to the Steelers was actually something being talked about... supposably? The source if from a rumormill, http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm, I'm not a big fan of the site because it's mainly rumors, but sometimes they do have some pretty good information that turns out to be true...

STEELERS HAVE TALKED ABOUT TRADING FOR BRANCH

It's highly unlikely that any team will swing a trade for receiver Deion Branch by September 1, since any potential suitor would have to work out a contract with the player and a compensation package with his current team during the same week in which the rosters are cut initially to 75 and then, on September 3, to 53.

Nevertheless, a league source tells us that the Pittsburgh Steelers previously have had internal discussions regarding the possibility of trading for Branch.

The source tells us, however, that a trade is a long shot, given the tight time frame in which everything would have to come together.

The team's interest in Branch indicates that the Steelers aren't completely happy with a receiving corps that features a hamstring-challenged Hines Ward, Cedrick Wilson, Quincy Morgan, and rookies Santurdio and Willie Reid. The Steelers have lost a starting receiver in each of the past two years to free agency -- Plaxico Burress to the Giants, and Antwaan Randle El to the Redskins.

suitanim
08-29-2006, 08:27 PM
Branch will be back in NE for week one...that, or he'll sit out all season. He's a good receiver, but he's not even even top 20 talent-wise, and his agent wants top 5 money for him.

Steelerlyn
09-06-2006, 04:01 PM
I set all my teams yesterday. I had drafted Branch on 2 of them. Next to his name it said N/A so I dumped him.

Steelersfan
09-06-2006, 04:23 PM
I haven't seen anything on him so as far as I know he is still sitting out.

AZ_Steeler
09-06-2006, 04:24 PM
The last I heard the Jets wanted him but New England said no, so the union filed a grievance on Branch's behalf.

I haven't heard anything else since...

Here is the lastest update: http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/09/06/branch_patriots_scrimmage_over_jurisdiction/

House of Steel
09-06-2006, 04:38 PM
Branch is an idiot and always will be. Let the fool sit out all season, I could care less. I can't stand the PAST

CantStop85
09-06-2006, 07:16 PM
How about Branch shuts the **** up until he can actually manage 1,000 receiving yards in a season.

Hawk Believer
09-06-2006, 07:36 PM
The Seahawks were in the mix. There is a lot of concern that our #1 WR Darrel Jackson is more injured than people thought. He didn;t play a preseason game. But he also is one of the only remaining people on the team who has anything close to an attitude problem and some people think he pulled a mini-TO and just wanted to skip the preaseason.

We also picked up Nate Burleson who was going to hopefully provide us with a deep threat receiver. But he hasn't shown us a lot yet. But our offense is complicated and precise and hopefully he'll turn it on more as he gets more time with Hasselbeck.

Nonetheless, there was a lot of talk about Branch last week. Some people felt like he may be someone who helps put us over the top why we are in a fleeting Super Bowl window. But I think most people felt like he was just not worth throwing away first round picks for....

House of Steel
09-06-2006, 07:38 PM
I hope Burleson behaves himself in Seattle. GOOD LUCK!!!

What is the status Jerramy Stevens, pal?

Hawk Believer
09-06-2006, 07:52 PM
I hope Burleson behaves himself in Seattle. GOOD LUCK!!!

What is the status Jerramy Stevens, pal?
Stevens will be out for a few games and then hopefully return. Fortunately that is the only position right now we seem shorthanded at. It was looking a little worse a few weeks back on the injury front.

I was un aware that Burleson had character issues. Whats his deal (other than being a Viking)?

House of Steel
09-06-2006, 08:09 PM
I have Stevens as a reserved TE. I think he was the one that was charged with drunk driving and resisting arrest. I hope I am right, but usually I am wrong.

Hawk Believer
09-06-2006, 08:23 PM
Yeah, Stevens had a frat party rape accusation come up right after he was drafted. It was not prosecuted due to lack of evidence. It was one of those situations where nobody could tell who was telling the truth.

Later on he did have a DUI conviction. He has been on a short leash since (our new GM has cleared out a bunch of people with character issues and he probably knew he was on the bubble) and his play has improved tremendously. Stevens arguably had the best season for a Seahawk TE last year. Then he stunk it up in the SuperBowl.

Barring the injury, I think he would be an outstanding FF pick up. He creates huge (no pun intended) match up problems for most teams as a reciever. We throw to the TE a lot to make our offense work. And most teams aren't going to game plan for him. I think he could definately have a pro bowl type year in him this season. If he gets healthy.