PDA

View Full Version : Willie Reid

K Train
04-16-2007, 10:16 PM
How good is this? at least we know he can walk...ya know, after hearing NOTHING about him since he sprained his ankle. Damn i hope hes our PR this year

these are offseason workout pics

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/K-Train89/reid.jpg
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/K-Train89/reid2.jpg
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/K-Train89/reid3.jpg

Prosdo
04-16-2007, 10:31 PM
I'm excited to see what this guy can do.

Koopa
04-16-2007, 10:34 PM
I'm excited to see what this guy can do.

if he's anything like i've made him on madden, he'll be a deadly 3rd wr and a great kickoff returner......i never return punts in the game cause i like the ball to bounce so i get bad field position so i can rack up yards with willie and ben :lol:

anyway....good to see him running......i wouldn't be surprised if nothing was ever wrong with him, and that cowher was just holding him back since the season was lost and he needed more scapegoats

K Train
04-16-2007, 10:37 PM
if he's anything like i've made him on madden, he'll be a deadly 3rd wr and a great kickoff returner......i never return punts in the game cause i like the ball to bounce so i get bad field position so i can rack up yards with willie and ben :lol:

anyway....good to see him running......i wouldn't be surprised if nothing was ever wrong with him, and that cowher was just holding him back since the season was lost and he needed more scapegoats

absolutely, he didnt dress him when he shouldve....right off the bat since thats the reason he was drafted. Then cocface died....i wouldnt put it past cowher to bench him so he couldnt have success and make it look like he wasnt wrong the whole time.....:2cents:

K Train
04-16-2007, 10:40 PM
btw he is the jesus of KR/PR in madden, thats gotta be a good sign from the football gods lol

BB2W
04-16-2007, 10:52 PM
I'm interested to see what he can do... I know he tore up Penn State in the Orange Bowl his senior season.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-16-2007, 10:56 PM
Well the guy broke Prime Time's PR records at Florida State so we all know he is a deadly PR. I'm really excited about seeing Willie Reid on the field. I hope he develops as a WR also. With Holmes and Reids speed that could kill defenses.

K Train
04-16-2007, 10:58 PM
he could focus 100% on special teams and i would consider it mission accomplished....him being a decent WR is just a bonus

Black@Gold Forever32
04-16-2007, 11:02 PM
he could focus 100% on special teams and i would consider it mission accomplished....him being a decent WR is just a bonus

I agree just saying if he develops as a WR then that could be some serious speed for defenses to focus on.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-16-2007, 11:28 PM
Im so excited to see him get on the field and tear it up in the return game. His speed is awesome and if he makes it onto the field more in multi WR sets his speed with Holmes could definitely be to deal with !

okiesteeler
04-16-2007, 11:33 PM
especially if holems learn how to hold onto the football

jasonbay
04-17-2007, 12:01 AM
I hope he can do some good things this year and aww Madden what wonderdul games they put out a few yrs back now they enjoy screwing nex-gen owners over and doing rehash after rehash year after year without doing new features , ty EA for killing one of my favrorite franchise /sarcasm

kgreen
04-17-2007, 12:07 AM
I'm interested to see what he can do... I know he tore up Penn State in the Orange Bowl his senior season.

That made me crazy!!!! Then I saw we drafted him and I was like: :party6: :party5:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-17-2007, 12:46 AM
The bad thing was he sprained his ankle they said, during the first game action he saw then we never heard any updates on him at all other than that he wasn't ready to return yet so hopefully he's healing to the point where this won't be a chronic returning thing.

K Train
04-17-2007, 12:51 AM
sprained his ankle....puh, so they say..i smell a conspiracy

if he did sprain his ankle its cowhers fault for not letting him in in the first place, he shined during camp but didnt get to play til mid season and throwing a playing in off the bench is asking for an injury

introyitrust
04-17-2007, 12:58 AM
Im excited to see Willie play. All reports going into and following last years draft have him being a terror on kick returns. I admit that I didn't watch a lot of Florida State games.
And like K Train said he showed promise during camp.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-17-2007, 12:59 AM
Willie Reid was just one of the confusing things about the 2006 season. Way too many odd ball things happened between him, Najeh, all the RB's we signed and dropped, Santonio on ST, Coc returning kicks...ugh !

K Train
04-17-2007, 01:02 AM
CONSPIRACY!!!!

ARKIESTEEL
04-17-2007, 08:26 AM
Willie Reid was just one of the confusing things about the 2006 season. Way too many odd ball things happened between him, Najeh, all the RB's we signed and dropped, Santonio on ST, Coc returning kicks...ugh !

You are right as rain on all that:plus1:

Hburg
04-17-2007, 01:59 PM
Willie Reid in 07 > Devon Hester in 06

BuFu

TampaSteelGirl
04-17-2007, 02:19 PM
I'm excited to see him play too!! I think he's got excellent speed and will be an awesome asset for the team this year!!! :tt02:

K Train
04-17-2007, 04:10 PM

BuFu

ok lets not get carried away....hester is crazy, he could be half as good as hester and he would still have incredible success

TEEMONT
04-17-2007, 04:20 PM
I think we woudl be lucky to see Willie be as good as ARE played for us.

K Train
04-17-2007, 04:27 PM
we'd be real lucky, he seems to fit that mold perfectly too

Stlrs4Life
04-17-2007, 05:48 PM
Always did like Willie. Hopefully he turns out like I thought he would.

TEEMONT
04-17-2007, 05:56 PM
I would imagine they are planning on him playing a lot more, since his jersey is for sale on the official website.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-17-2007, 06:23 PM
we'd be real lucky, he seems to fit that mold perfectly too

I agree, he's got the same tools and if he turns out to be quality of individual that ARE was and he performs like ARE I'll be happy.

Hburg
04-17-2007, 06:40 PM
ok lets not get carried away....hester is crazy, he could be half as good as hester and he would still have incredible success

I wasn't getting carried away, instead I made the comparison to show my belief that Willie has the potential to be one of the best punt returners in the league. He has a lot of potential in general.

BuFu

BRICKTOWN BEAST
04-17-2007, 10:20 PM
I thought the Steelers drafted him becuase of his special teams, wasn't he like the best special teamers in the draft. I thought he was just going to be like Antwan Randle El and tear it up and punts and kicks and become a decent WR.

okiesteeler
04-17-2007, 10:26 PM
Well after last year, even if all he does is special teams that would be a huge improvement and could be the difference in making the playoffs and watching them from home.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-17-2007, 10:35 PM
I thought the Steelers drafted him becuase of his special teams, wasn't he like the best special teamers in the draft. I thought he was just going to be like Antwan Randle El and tear it up and punts and kicks and become a decent WR.

His big plus was his ability in the return game, especially since ARE left before the start of the 2006 season. They were counting on Reid to step in and take over the main return duties; then the debacle that was the 2006 season kicked in and well we all know the rest.

Im looking forward to big thing from Reid this year !

K Train
04-17-2007, 10:48 PM
reid is built like, plays like, looks like randel el....its kinda weird lol

tony hipchest
04-17-2007, 11:33 PM
reid is pretty much a clone of s. holmes, just a tad faster. if anything, he should turn into a superb back up for him and ward without missing a beat if called to action.

his midfoot sprain was significant and those take longer to heal than an ankle. its good to see him up and running. as a 3rd round pick he deserves a chance to atleast fail.

jasonbay
04-18-2007, 02:14 AM

BuFu

Okay I love the Steelers as much if not more than any guy you can name but lets be a little rationale here , Reid will be lucky to get 2-3 tds returned this year, Hester had 6 ..hell even Hester wont match what he did last year again.What Hester did is like once in a generation thing think of all the great returners and few ppl even passed 4 or 5 in a season.

LonghornSteelerzFan
04-19-2007, 12:06 PM
He was picked up for his PR/KR abilities. As long as he stays healthy, I feel he will have a big impact on our special teams and become a potent #3, or #4 WR on those 4 WR sets.

BBG7
04-19-2007, 12:12 PM
I'm just excited to see what he can do for us.

steelcitysfinestXL
04-19-2007, 03:18 PM
The thing i like is his decision making on PR's he knows when to let it go, fair catch, and when and how to return. If you watched him he isnt at all like hester. Hester plays like he has a PS2 controller attached to him, he goes east,west,north and sometimes south to try to get yards. He may lose you 25 yards in field positions before he breaks one open. Reid may not return 6 to the house but he will immediately help in the field position department. He goes Straight ahead then makes breaks unlike a Dante Hall or Devon Hester who like to try to hit the sidelines. Reid makes his breaks after gaining yards and following blocks up the middle. I like his return game ALOT and think his contributiion will be noticed early and often!!!