PDA

View Full Version : Best RB in the league..

BlitzburghRockCity
08-27-2006, 03:07 PM
I think Fast Willie has a chance to be something really special in this league if he stays healthy and continues to progress year in and year out....but who's the best RB right now in the NFL.

I'd have to give it to either either Shaun Alexander, Larry Johnson, or Ladanian Tomlinson. You can't go wrong with any of them IMO but if had to pick one of them at this point, I'd seriously consider Larry Johnson.

SteelCityMan786
08-27-2006, 03:13 PM
I would say LJ at no.2. Willie though has got a Super Bowl Ring. Enough said.

BBC
08-27-2006, 03:33 PM
LaDanian Tomlinson. The man can do it all, he is maybe the most complete player in the league today. Johnson is impressive, and he has shown spurts of greatness, but I don't think he's going to be able to do it for an entire year (just look at the amount of carries he got in half a year). Now that the Chargers have a new quarterback, they will probably rely on the run even more, sending LT back to the performances he had before Drew Brees became a Pro Bowl quarterback ('02 and '03).

Black@Gold Forever32
08-27-2006, 03:33 PM
LaDanian Tomlinson hands down. He does it all. He can catch and he can run. Plus he threw 3 TD passes last year. Larry Johnson had only down for one season and it wasn't a whole season. LT has proven it year in and year out.

BBC
08-27-2006, 03:36 PM
LaDanian Tomlinson hands down. He does it all. He can catch and he can run. Plus he threw 3 TD passes last year. Larry Johnson had only down for one season and it wasn't a whole season. LT has proven it year in and year out.

One of the main reasons I gave him the nod. Just a fun fact: LaDanian has never had a season in which he didn't gain at least 1600 total yards and 10 touchdowns.

Blitzburgh55
08-27-2006, 03:52 PM
LT he is a triple threat Shaun is no.2 and Larry hasnt player a whole year yet so IDK

BlitzburghRockCity
08-27-2006, 04:08 PM
The main reason I say Larry is because he hasnt even played as a fulltime starter yet for a whole year but even so the man scores atleast 2 TD's every game, runs hard, makes the key 3rd down conversion and damn near got the TD title away from Shaun Alexander.

LT is awesome, there's no doubt. Especially for his size too, he runs with so much power and breaks tackles like they're going out of style.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-27-2006, 04:09 PM
Well you can make the case that LJ is the best runner of the RB's in the NFL. But as a complete RB its hard to argue against LT.

AZ_Steeler
08-27-2006, 05:36 PM
Stepping out from underneath my Steeler umbrella.. LT is the complete package. He has quickness, power and that will to get it into the end zone and carry the team regardless has many defenders are jumping on his back.

Willie has great potential to be classified witht his group though and will come in due time. It's to early to put him in the group of elite.

BBC
08-27-2006, 05:51 PM
The main reason I say Larry is because he hasnt even played as a fulltime starter yet for a whole year but even so the man scores atleast 2 TD's every game, runs hard, makes the key 3rd down conversion and damn near got the TD title away from Shaun Alexander.

The thing with Larry Johnson, is that while he may have only played half the season as a starter, he still the same amount of carries a full-time starter normally gets. In just 9 games started last season, LJ was given 261 attempts (ranked 15th in the league). If he were to have started all 16 games, he would have gotten the ball a grand total of 464 times. It'll be interesting to see if he can hold up with that many carries.

PemPgh14
08-27-2006, 05:55 PM
I'd take LJ...he's so fast, and he is a great carrier, too.

CantStop85
08-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Shaun Alexander until proven on the field otherwise.

House of Steel
08-28-2006, 11:56 PM
There is going to be a new NFL Running Back that will tear up this league like nobody else.

http://www.nfl.com/u/photos/pl_259344.jpg
The man goes 0-100 in 4.0 seconds...........SEE YA LATER!!!!!!!

shimmysteelerfan
08-29-2006, 01:02 AM
LT....the guy is amazing, then LJ if he gets in a full season he will be #1 for sure.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-29-2006, 01:32 AM
I was thinking about this tonight, this will be a big year for LJ..the chiefs have a banged up OL so if he can produce like he has in the past he'll solidify himself as a top notch RB.

Steelersfan
08-29-2006, 02:22 AM
I voted for LT. Just something about the guy. Sure Alexander put on some great stats but for some reason I think he is soft. Great RB yes, but softer than LT.

Prosdo
08-29-2006, 10:21 AM
I went with LaDanian Tomlinson. The guy does everything.

House of Steel
08-29-2006, 11:12 AM
I do enjoy Larry Johnson, he had a spectaular season last year. Priest Holmes is done as a pro so now it is his team and job.

LaDanian Tomlinson is a moose, I love this guy, flat out gives 110% each and every time. He really boost my fantasy team everytime I draft him.

Shaun Alexander? What can I say? He is a monster at the RB position. I wonder if the Madden Cover Jinx is going to haunt him this year. Better pray not.

Willie is my pick. I believe this will be the year of his major breakout to prove that he belongs in the top 5 rushers in the league. 1500 yards is reachable.