PDA

View Full Version : Are you suprised at all the prime time games?

BlitzburghRockCity
04-12-2007, 07:28 AM
Even though we followed up a Super Bowl season in 2005, with a bad campaign in 2006, we are still one of the most popular teams obviously but there's no way I expected us to land a team record 5 primetime games this year.

I figured we'd get maybe a couple sunday night games, or maybe 1 monday night and 1 sunday night, but 5 all together, that's amazing :cope:

BlackGold4vr
04-12-2007, 07:37 AM
I guess the television networks realize the [B]POWER[B] of Steeler Nation to impact their ratings. No doubt in my mind that the Pittsburgh games are some of the most watched.

:towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave:

steelersgal86
04-12-2007, 07:39 AM
I guess the television networks realize the [B]POWER[B] of Steeler Nation to impact their ratings. No doubt in my mind that the Pittsburgh games are some of the most watched.

:towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave:

:tt02: :bigthumb: :tt02: I would have to agree

House of Steel
04-12-2007, 07:55 AM
This is sweet music to my ears to hear all these primetime games. Now that my wife can't watch television cause of her eyes, I will be able to watch this without her cutting in. I know it sounds terrible to say that as a husband, but damnit DON'T TAKE MY DAMN STEELERS FROM ME!!!

steelersgal86
04-12-2007, 07:58 AM
hey nothing sounds bad as long as you put STEELERS in it...:bigthumb: :tt02:

steelcurtaingal
04-12-2007, 08:24 AM
yes i am, but heck, i think its a good thing. i love prime time games

House of Steel
04-12-2007, 08:35 AM
MORE TIME FOR PARTYING AND GOOD FOOD AND GOOD SPIRITS HELL YEAH!!! :tt02: :beer2: :toot: :woot: :drunk:

DIESELMAN
04-12-2007, 08:38 AM
I was hoping for at least 3....I can't wait for the season to start and MNF!!!

steelersgal86
04-12-2007, 08:40 AM
I was hoping for at least 3....I can't wait for the season to start and MNF!!!

No Doubt...i wish it was here ....:tt02:

steelcurtaingal
04-12-2007, 08:41 AM
No Doubt...i wish it was here ....:tt02:

me too:tt02:

AZ_Steeler
04-12-2007, 09:31 AM
I'm really surprised, usually Primetime is reserved for teams that performed well th e previous year... someone must know the Steelers will be back to form this year :cope:

rainman
04-12-2007, 09:35 AM
I'm glad there's 5 primetime games but not pleased with only 7 home games. I always took for granted that there was always 8 home and 8 away but this year we have 7 home and 9 away. IMO this puts us at a disadvantage.

BlackGold4vr
04-12-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm glad there's 5 primetime games but not pleased with only 7 home games. I always took for granted that there was always 8 home and 8 away but this year we have 7 home and 9 away. IMO this puts us at a disadvantage.

I think you need to recount. There are 8 home and 8 away games. :scratch:

BB2W
04-12-2007, 10:01 AM
Yeah, I was... It also de-values my NFL Ticket. I'm gonna pay $300 for a few games that won't be on normal channels.

DIESELMAN
04-12-2007, 10:10 AM

Hey bro its always 8X8. :hilarious:

Pittsburgh Steelers
Sep. 9 at Cleveland Browns 1:00 pm
Sep. 16 Buffalo Bills 1:00 pm
Sep. 23 San Francisco 49ers 1:00 pm
Sep. 30 at Arizona Cardinals 1:15 pm
Oct. 7 Seattle Seahawks 1:00 pm
Oct. 14 BYE
Oct. 21 at Denver Broncos 6:15 pm
Oct. 28 at Cincinnati Bengals 1:00 pm
Nov. 5 Baltimore Ravens (Mon) 8:30 pm
Nov. 11 Cleveland Browns 1:00 pm
Nov. 18 at N.Y. Jets 1:00 pm
Nov. 26 Miami Dolphins (Mon) 8:30 pm
Dec. 2 Cincinnati Bengals * 8:15 pm
Dec. 9 at New England Patriots 1:00 pm
Dec. 16 Jacksonville Jaguars 1:00 pm
Dec. 20 at St. Louis Rams (Thu) 7:15 pm
Dec. 30 at Baltimore Ravens 1:00 pm

BBG7
04-12-2007, 10:54 AM

theres 8 home and 8 away!

K Train
04-12-2007, 03:35 PM
PT games arenice, but they are depressing to lose so we better win lol

rainman
04-12-2007, 04:22 PM
When I checked out the schedule this morning it had the Dec 16th game vs Jacksonville as an away game making it our 9th away game, I rechecked it now and that game is at home so what I seen this morning must have been a misprint. Sorry about the post.

TEEMONT
04-12-2007, 04:56 PM
When I checked out the schedule this morning it had the Dec 16th game vs Jacksonville as an away game making it our 9th away game, I rechecked it now and that game is at home so what I seen this morning must have been a misprint. Sorry about the post.

you're excused, you're a WVU fan, ignorance is expected....lol

BlitzburghRockCity
04-12-2007, 05:33 PM
PT games arenice, but they are depressing to lose so we better win lol

Got that right ! Losing on monday night is the worst because Tuesday morning everybody has nothing to talk about but your game :rolleyes:

House of Steel
04-12-2007, 06:31 PM
you're excused, you're a WVU fan, ignorance is expected....lol

Coming from a Wolverines' Fan, that is expected. They think they are high and mighty and can talk trash to other team's fans. They got nothing better to do since the BUCKEYES HAVE OWNED THEIR ASSES in the JIM TRESSEL ERA!!! BOOYAH!!! :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

SteelersfaninPhilly
04-12-2007, 11:50 PM
Coming from a Wolverines' Fan, that is expected. They think they are high and mighty and can talk trash to other team's fans. They got nothing better to do since the BUCKEYES HAVE OWNED THEIR ASSES in the JIM TRESSEL ERA!!! BOOYAH!!! :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

*cough FLORDIA GATORS cough*

BlitzburghRockCity
04-13-2007, 06:14 AM
**coughcough :hijack: coughcough** :greengrin:

ARKIESTEEL
04-13-2007, 07:42 AM
Could the race of our new coach play into the amount of prime time games?

Just a thought the media loves to play at these types of games

Steelerlyn
04-13-2007, 12:25 PM
http://www.yorkdispatch.com/sports/ci_5649597

Steelers schedule: In addition to the Ravens' game on Monday, Nov. 5, the Steelers will also have prime-time contests on Sunday, Oct. 21 (at Denver), Monday, Nov. 26 (at home vs. Miami), Sunday, Dec. 2 (at home vs. Cincinnati) and Thursday, Dec. 20 (at St. Louis).

The five prime-time games are a record for the Steelers, who are coming off a disappointing 8-8 season last year, which came just one season after winning the Super Bowl. With the resignation of longtime coach Bill Cowher, Pittsburgh will be directed by new coach Mike Tomlin this season. Tomlin will make his head coaching debut on Sunday, Sept. 9, at Cleveland.

The Steelers will go nearly a month without playing a home game early in the season, from Oct. 7 (Seattle) until Nov. 5 (Baltimore). During that stretch, they will have their bye during the weekend of Oct. 14 before playing at Denver (Oct. 21) and Cincinnati (Oct. 28).

This will be the Steelers' 75th season, and team president Art Rooney II said the team will honor the occasion at one or more of the home night games.

"The three prime-time home games provide us with several opportunities to celebrate this special season in front of a national audience," Rooney said.

Stlrs4Life
04-13-2007, 09:26 PM
In a way I am surprised just based on our record last season. But being that we draw very good readings, it doesn't surprise me.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-13-2007, 09:53 PM
The Steelers will go nearly a month without playing a home game early in the season, from Oct. 7 (Seattle) until Nov. 5 (Baltimore). During that stretch, they will have their bye during the weekend of Oct. 14 before playing at Denver (Oct. 21) and Cincinnati (Oct. 28).

That's going to be a rough stretch there, but atleast we get the bye week to help out.

SteelersWoman
04-20-2007, 08:08 PM
Did a forum search, couldn't find this article, but it's in keeping with this thread, so I'm posting it here.

http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/sports/17064141.htm

<H5>ALAN ROBINSON

Associated Press

PITTSBURGH - Obviously, the NFL thinks new Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin is ready for prime time.
Despite coming off an 8-8 season, the Steelers are scheduled to play five prime-time games during the 2007 season - the most in their history, and nearly one-third of their schedule. Among them are two Monday night home games, both in November, and two Sunday night games.
Pittsburgh's season and Tomlin's head coaching career start with a Sunday, Sept. 9 game at AFC North rival Cleveland and end on Sunday, Dec. 30 with another division road game, at Baltimore. Both games are set for 1 p.m. Eastern starts.
Team chairman Dan Rooney has said the Steelers prefer to play only one Monday night home game per season - they had none a season ago but they have two this season against Baltimore and Miami.
The Ravens play at Heinz Field on Monday, Nov. 5, starting a stretch in which the Steelers will play at home four times in five weeks. After a Sunday afternoon home game against Cleveland on Nov. 11, and a Nov. 18 game at the New York Jets, the Dolphins play a night game in Pittsburgh for the second season in a row Nov. 26. The Dolphins and Steelers met in the NFL's kickoff game last season.
The Steelers' only Sunday night home game will be Dec. 2 against Cincinnati, their second home night game in seven days. They close the season after that by playing three of their final four away from home, meeting New England, St. Louis and Baltimore on the road and Jacksonville at home.
The Steelers also play a Sunday night game at Denver on Oct. 21. Their only Thursday night game will be at St. Louis on Dec. 20, four days after they play Jacksonville at home. Because of that Thursday night game, the Steelers will have a nine-day break between games during Christmas week before closing the regular season at Baltimore on Dec. 30.
With so many home games crowded around the two Monday night games, the Steelers will go nearly a month without playing a home game early in the season, from Oct. 7 (Seattle) until Nov. 5 (Baltimore). During that stretch, they will have their bye during the weekend of Oct. 14 before playing at Denver (Oct. 21) and Cincinnati (Oct. 28).
Other Steelers home games are Sept. 16 against Buffalo, Tomlin's first home game since succeeding Bill Cowher as coach, and Sept. 23 against San Francisco.
After playing four Sunday home games at 4:15 p.m. last season, the Steelers aren't scheduled for any in 2007, although the league's flex scheduling allows for game times to be changed on short notice past Week 11.
This will be the Steelers' 75th season, and team president Art Rooney II said the team will honor the occasion at one or more of the home night games.
"The three prime-time home games provide us with several opportunities to celebrate this special season in front of a national audience," Rooney said.
</H5>