PDA

View Full Version : Michael Bush update

K Train
04-11-2007, 12:14 AM
Michael had what the doctors called a successful surgery. A steel rod was inserted into his leg and will be monitored very closely over the next 3 months to assure the healing process is going as planned. According to his doctors the best case scenario is that Bush could begin light flexibility and strength conditioning work in September and possibly start light running late October earl November. By all accounts, his cousin believes this will be a rehabilitation year for Bush. He was quick to point out everyone heals differently but was cautious to acknowledge the fact that this is the 2nd attempt to heal what was considered a common injury.

On the draft front, Michael has been told by several people that some teams are looking at him as a possible 4th round prospect and he has heard maybe as late as the 6th round.

he needs to come play for us....if we used a second i would not complain...he is gonna be great, he would be a steal even if he couldnt play this year.

Bush>all other RB in this years draft (yes including superpeterson)

Koopa
04-11-2007, 12:21 AM
he's done, he will never be the back he was, i see him being soft after this, gonna be afraid of getting hit and ****, i hope he goes back to school and gets his education, cause he has no future in the nfl...........

K Train
04-11-2007, 12:23 AM
hes so good, i hope he works hard and tears it up in the nfl

Koopa
04-11-2007, 12:24 AM
so do i, but i don't know, his legs are his career, and they ain't healing right, and i think he might be soft when he comes back...........

House of Steel
04-11-2007, 01:15 AM
It is tough to gamble, but I think this one is worth gambling on.

Koopa
04-11-2007, 01:38 AM
i don't think it would be worth the gamble....... we need help for willie now, while we still have dookie, he isn't a good compliment, he's a good 3rd down back but not someone you can count on, i much rather have hunt or leonard who can come in and back up willie right away............

jasonbay
04-11-2007, 03:25 AM
A 2nd round pick on a guy that may have a injury riddled career and the fact we have Willie Parker who has proven himself. No need to waste a draft pick on a area we dont need . Sure I wouldnt mind getting him just not that early.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-11-2007, 06:27 AM
After hearing that, I be leary of giving anything higher than a 3rd for him. He may very well return and be a beast but the chances are also great that he'll never be the same.

It's a tough call because he has such an upside.

DIESELMAN
04-11-2007, 07:05 AM
What could've been we'll never know. He won't do any rehabbin till Sept, who knows what will happen between now and then. Theres plenty of talent we can get to help this year rather then wait on a miracle and a prayer that Bush will totally recover.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-11-2007, 07:37 AM
McGahee is recovering nicely after the disaster he had with his injury but the Bills did give up some time when they drafted him, and then he ends up leaving anyway..but it can be done, he can heal and he might be great but it's hard to say for sure.

House of Steel
04-11-2007, 09:11 AM
I am looking at this from both sides. I agree with Koopa to the degree that Bush may not even heal or comes to the terms of what he once was at Louisville to the NFL. Then, you got the opportunity of getting Hunt or Leonard in the first to second round. It is a real heartwrenching thought to debate on this. I would hate to see Bush actually come back and be a monster and then saying DAMN DAMN DAMN. LOL. I am really neutral after reading the status of Bush and his rehab.

steelcitysfinestXL
04-11-2007, 10:56 AM
he needs to come play for us....if we used a second i would not complain...he is gonna be great, he would be a steal even if he couldnt play this year.

Bush>all other RB in this years draft (yes including superpeterson)
:plus1: This guy would have been a number 2 or 3 pick if he woulda played last year.... if your saying otherwise then you never saw him play... he led the ncaa in '05 ahead of Reggie Bu, Lindell White, Maurice Jones-Drew, DeAngelo Williams, Adrian Peterson and Jerious Norwood. The man has it all speed, power, inside and outside. We dont NEED a RB to jump in and contribute right away so this pick in the 3rd - 4th would be great.... no a HUGE STEAL.

House of Steel
04-11-2007, 11:02 AM
:iagree: I enjoy reading your post, got some great insights.

steelcitysfinestXL
04-11-2007, 11:04 AM
Look at Baxter (DB-Browns ex-Raven) He tore both Maniscus( spell-check but its a tendon at the knee cap i believe) on the same play and first prognosis was he may NEVER WALK AGAIN... he is slated to play opening game for Cleveland this season. If he (Bush) takes his time and works hard at rehab he can be a great NFL'er. Alot of times these guys say they feel stronger than before after career threatening injurys because they never worked so hard on one body part!!! I like him in the 3rd or 4th, sit out a year and do some hard rehabbing. And if he doesn work out not a huge deal he wont command huge money as a 3-6 round draft pick and look at all the guys we drafted that didnt even make the 53 man roster last year.. we could do a lot worse than draft this guy... *cough* *cough* Deuce *cough*

steelcitysfinestXL
04-11-2007, 11:06 AM
:iagree: I enjoy reading your post, got some great insights.

Thanks, i f-up like everyone else but i know what i know!

House of Steel
04-11-2007, 11:08 AM
We all do, we aren't perfect, but I do enjoy reading your post and everyone else. You make a whole lot of sense in what you say. :bigthumb:

BlackGold4vr
04-11-2007, 11:28 AM
We dont NEED a RB to jump in and contribute right away so this pick in the 3rd - 4th would be great.... no a HUGE STEAL.

Coach Tomlin says otherwise. He wants to decrease the touches for Willie in an effort to keep Willie fresher come the post season. He wants to do that with 2 feature backs like a lot of the better teams have been doing and sharing the workload to keep both backs fresher. As much as I would have loved to see a healthy Michael Bush plowing through secondaries, we need more immediate help. Should something happen to Willie our depth at RB is non-existant. Davenport and Kuhn? "Nah, we don't need no stinkin help"....Yes, we do! Adding someone like Hunt immediately gives us the depth we need at the position. I am not convinced that the Steelers are ready to abandon the smashmouth style of football that is only associated with running teams. Passing teams are usually considered more as finesse teams. You want to wear another team out and control the clock you gotta be able to run and control the ball. We need a back who can contribute this year IMO.

Parker/(Hunt, Henry) - Steelers
Thomas/Benson - Bears
Addai/Rhodes - Colts
Dillon/Maroney - Patriots
McCallister/Bush - Saints
Tomlinson/Turner - Chargers
Taylor/Jones-Drew - Jaguars

House of Steel
04-11-2007, 11:55 AM
Coach Tomlin says otherwise. He wants to decrease the touches for Willie in an effort to keep Willie fresher come the post season. He wants to do that with 2 feature backs like a lot of the better teams have been doing and sharing the workload to keep both backs fresher. As much as I would have loved to see a healthy Michael Bush plowing through secondaries, we need more immediate help. Should something happen to Willie our depth at RB is non-existant. Davenport and Kuhn? "Nah, we don't need no stinkin help"....Yes, we do! Adding someone like Hunt immediately gives us the depth we need at the position. I am not convinced that the Steelers are ready to abandon the smashmouth style of football that is only associated with running teams. Passing teams are usually considered more as finesse teams. You want to wear another team out and control the clock you gotta be able to run and control the ball. We need a back who can contribute this year IMO.

Thomas/Benson - Bears
Addai/Rhodes - Colts
Dillon/Maroney - Patriots----Might want to edit this one, Dillon isn't there for this reason.
Tomlinson/Turner - Chargers---Turner might go cash in still on the market. I wonder what draft day will do for this guy.

Koopa might hound you on this one. I think we are moving toward getting away from the old Cowher system. It is time to open this playbook and expand the potential of the offense. Heath Miller, especially fits my point here. I would be all for a rotating two back set believe me, anything to keep Parker fresh down the stretch of the season. Khun and Davenport will work hard to convince Mike Tomlin, but yes, we do need to address the depth at RB in either the 2nd or 3rd Round. It is a very important pick also. Leonard, Hunt, Bush, or some of the good middle of the line pack player would be a great addition to the Black n Gold :bigthumb: Good read, BGfvr!!

kgreen
04-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Sorry K-Train, but here's un update (not really): HE IS SOFT AND UNDURABLE! I'd think the fact that he had a major knee injury would make everyone question weather he could play without hurting it again. There are much better power backs in this draft who are durable, reliable, hard-working and smart like Tony Hunt. I don't like Michael Bush, I think he is toast with that knee.

kgreen
04-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Koopa might hound you on this one. I think we are moving toward getting away from the old Cowher system. It is time to open this playbook and expand the potential of the offense. Heath Miller, especially fits my point here. I would be all for a rotating two back set believe me, anything to keep Parker fresh down the stretch of the season. Khun and Davenport will work hard to convince Mike Tomlin, but yes, we do need to address the depth at RB in either the 2nd or 3rd Round. It is a very important pick also. Leonard, Hunt, Bush, or some of the good middle of the line pack player would be a great addition to the Black n Gold :bigthumb: Good read, BGfvr!!

I don't want to become a spread team like the Patsies. Remember we tried a pass-first offense in 2003 and it didn't work? I think we need to draft Tony Hunt and stay a power running team. Sure, we can expand the passing offense, but I think we saw that Ben needs to mature more before we do that.

House of Steel
04-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Kgreen, you don't know that. He is going to rehab in September. I hope to God he proves all his doubters that he can be close to what he was. I am tired of this talking Bush down. The poor guy had a bad break, yeah, but come on.

kgreen
04-11-2007, 01:17 PM
Kgreen, you don't know that. He is going to rehab in September. I hope to God he proves all his doubters that he can be close to what he was. I am tired of this talking Bush down. The poor guy had a bad break, yeah, but come on.

Oh, I am not taking much away from him he was a hell of a player when healthy, but that's the thing, he was hardly healthy. The worst kind of injury to a RB is a Knee injury. When it also requires surgery, that's a problem.

So wouldn't you rather go with the safer option in Hunt? I mean aside from the Orange Bowl injury, when did he ever get hurt?

steelcitysfinestXL
04-11-2007, 03:42 PM

Thomas/Benson - Bears
Addai/Rhodes - Colts
Dillon/Maroney - Patriots
Tomlinson/Turner - Chargers

LOL, ok a little news update for you...

Thomas- now w/ the Jets
Rhodes- now w/ the Raiders
Dillon- now old and w/ ... oh wait HE WAS CUT

Now that we got that straight, we still have Najeh and Kuhn, whether you like it or not Najeh is the number 2 back right now( and i dont see Hunt ousting him at the seasons start even if we do draft him). If you look at all the teams you named how many of the have 3rd running back that you ever heard of before... A third string running back it just that... 3rd string... he doesnt have to be and all-star just a guy who can play... KUHN. If we need a 4th string we can get the after the draft in free agency (that worked out pretty fu**ing good w/ Parker dont ya think!?!?!) If you are worried about us wasting draft a draft pick on a guy that could be been a super-star take a look at these names

Orien Harris-4th round
Omar Jacobs-5th round
Cedrick Humes-7th round

none of these guys are currently on our roster, all watsed draft picks. Its not gonna kill us to take Bush in the 4th-6th round!!!!

K Train
04-11-2007, 04:26 PM
Sorry K-Train, but here's un update (not really): HE IS SOFT AND UNDURABLE! I'd think the fact that he had a major knee injury would make everyone question weather he could play without hurting it again. There are much better power backs in this draft who are durable, reliable, hard-working and smart like Tony Hunt. I don't like Michael Bush, I think he is toast with that knee.

He is soft????????? he one of the hardest runners ive ever seen in my life, the guy is an animal. and he didnt damage his knee, he broke his leg.....much easrier to comeback from than a knee injury....sure it didnt heal perfect but thats why he had the surgery, he might need a year off but he is a hard worker and isnt a lazy little bitch like lendale white. bones heal much stronger than knee ligaments.

jasonbay
04-11-2007, 05:16 PM
Look at Baxter (DB-Browns ex-Raven) He tore both Maniscus( spell-check but its a tendon at the knee cap i believe) on the same play and first prognosis was he may NEVER WALK AGAIN... he is slated to play opening game for Cleveland this season. If he (Bush) takes his time and works hard at rehab he can be a great NFL'er. Alot of times these guys say they feel stronger than before after career threatening injurys because they never worked so hard on one body part!!! I like him in the 3rd or 4th, sit out a year and do some hard rehabbing. And if he doesn work out not a huge deal he wont command huge money as a 3-6 round draft pick and look at all the guys we drafted that didnt even make the 53 man roster last year.. we could do a lot worse than draft this guy... *cough* *cough* Deuce *cough*

Since when is tearing your meniscus walk threatening I have never heard of that( proof wanted for this statement to be believable) now if it had to do with the PCL, MCL , ACL then maybe id maybe believe that but meniscus...never and with the advancements in surgury allowing ppl like Mcgahee who tore all 3 major ligaments to play at full that just puts more doubt in that statement.

BlackGold4vr
04-12-2007, 01:32 AM
LOL, ok a little news update for you...

Thomas- now w/ the Jets
Rhodes- now w/ the Raiders
Dillon- now old and w/ ... oh wait HE WAS CUT

No s**t there einstein! Wasn't talkin about where they are playing this year. The fact that all 4 teams who played in the conference championships all employed a two back system obviously didn't go unnoticed by brighter minds than yours! Now, that we got that straight.

Now that we got that straight, we still have Najeh and Kuhn, whether you like it or not Najeh is the number 2 back right now( and i dont see Hunt ousting him at the seasons start even if we do draft him).

You think Davenport who is not even a power running back would beat out Hunt who can outright lay some nasty punishing hits on linebackers? You must be smokin something. Just because that was the best we could find in a pinch last year doesn't mean Davenport has a deathgrip on the #2 spot. They only re-signed him because they can't bank on anything in the draft. Remember, this isn't Cowher and his bois. This coach may actually play the more talented players.......Dookie should be concerned about his job!

If you look at all the teams you named how many of the have 3rd running back that you ever heard of before... A third string running back it just that... 3rd string... he doesnt have to be and all-star just a guy who can play... KUHN. If we need a 4th string we can get the after the draft in free agency (that worked out pretty fu**ing good w/ Parker dont ya think!?!?!)

Parker was a guy the Rooney's had stashed away in their back pockets that nobody else knew about. Trust me if Parker had gone to the NFL combine and worked out, we would have had to draft him on day 1 to get him. Look what another player who's situation is like Parkers did for himself at the combine, Chris Henry. When a RB is throwing up 4.3's in the 40, people take notice. So by your theory on how easy it is to grab a guy like Parker, the rushing leader board is just littered with undrafted players? Yeah, take another toke!

Its not gonna kill us to take Bush in the 4th-6th round!!!!

He will not drop down that far in the draft. One of the more talented teams whose needs are not great will draft him high and stash him away for next year. Bet he doesn't make it out of the 3rd round.

Koopa
04-12-2007, 02:00 AM
stop comparing henry to parker, parker never got a chance to achieve, henry is a underachiever who didn't take advantage of his chances, also he's soft from everything i've read, my favorite quote on him is "looks like tarzan, plays like jane" he works out great and all but on the field he's a pussy

K Train
04-12-2007, 02:03 AM
hes a workout warrior....so? that doesnt make him good

Hunt>henry

BlackGold4vr
04-12-2007, 09:01 AM
stop comparing henry to parker, parker never got a chance to achieve, henry is a underachiever who didn't take advantage of his chances, also he's soft from everything i've read, my favorite quote on him is "looks like tarzan, plays like jane" he works out great and all but on the field he's a pussy

The comparison is only that neither player played much in college so therefore is an unknown quantity going into the draft. Henry was probably going to be an undrafted free agent until he blew people away at the combine with his size and speed. Not saying he will be great but he does have the physical tools to be a dominant player.

Another player who everybody loves here at SA (Anthony Spencer) was not a gamechanging defender until this year. He said it wasn't until his little brother started knocking him for taking "plays off" that he stepped his game up a notch. So I wouldn't count out Henry just yet, he can still turn out to be a great one. For every player that the scouts think will be a superstar and turns out to be a dud (Ryan Leaf) there is a nobody who turns out to be great (Marques Coleston, 7th round pick).

kgreen
04-12-2007, 10:22 AM
He is soft????????? he one of the hardest runners ive ever seen in my life, the guy is an animal. and he didnt damage his knee, he broke his leg.....much easrier to comeback from than a knee injury....sure it didnt heal perfect but thats why he had the surgery, he might need a year off but he is a hard worker and isnt a lazy little bitch like lendale white. bones heal much stronger than knee ligaments.

What I am trying to say here is that you don't want to take a chance on him when Tony Huny is available. Durability is one of the most important traits about running backs. Ok, so I was wrong about the injury, but that is still a big injury and a big question mark in terms of his durability. I don't think we're going to draft him.

House of Steel
04-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Hunt won't be there for us. Would be nice, but I doubt it. I still gamble on Bush.

steelcitysfinestXL
04-12-2007, 10:31 AM
Since when is tearing your meniscus walk threatening I have never heard of that( proof wanted for this statement to be believable) now if it had to do with the PCL, MCL , ACL then maybe id maybe believe that but meniscus...never and with the advancements in surgury allowing ppl like Mcgahee who tore all 3 major ligaments to play at full that just puts more doubt in that statement.

Baxter had an interveiw w/ rich eisen last week on nfl network. i tried bringing up the link for the video but couldnt find it... if you wanna search it was a interview i believe weds or thurs last week on NFLN. When he was first carted of the field he was taken back to be check out at the stadium where "team doctors"(usually worng) told his family " He may never walk again!" He said that with his own mouth in the interview. You can look for it if you want proof, but again this was before he was taken to a hospital so obviously this was a first prognosis like i said. He was told at the hospital to start considering never playing football again!

steelcitysfinestXL
04-12-2007, 10:48 AM
No s**t there einstein! Wasn't talkin about where they are playing this year. The fact that all 4 teams who played in the conference championships all employed a two back system obviously didn't go unnoticed by brighter minds than yours! Now, that we got that straight.

Maroney- Drafted to replace a aging starter (2nd round i believe)
Addai- Drafted to replace/help Rhodes (who was never a everydown back) initially supposed to replace Edge.
Benson- Number 4 overall to be the starter, only played in 9 games his rookie year.(due to injury i believe) Which is when Jones (in only his 2nd year with Chi.) started playing to his potential.
all these guy (maybe w. the acception of Benson-Jones because they were brought in one year after another) Were drafted to replace/ aid aging starters.
Now the Broncos run a two back system and have for years. What you are talking about(event though you dont even know it) is teams having a solid back up due to having againg or unproven backs (not a problem we have).

steelcitysfinestXL
04-12-2007, 10:57 AM
A two back system is having two running backs whom share carries 10-20 a piece. What you are talking about is having a solid back up, to aid a unproven back. You say micheal turner and LT are a 2 back system??? turner has 150 some carries for less than 1000 yards... IN HIS F*CKIN CAREER. LT had that in week 8 or 9. THATS NOT A 2 BACK SYSTEM!!!! The eagles had a 3 back system for years... why you ask!?!? Westbrook for cathes, Buckhalter was the power, and duece could do both (back then). WE DONT HAVE THAT TYPE OF OFFENSE. YOU HEARD tomlin SAYS he wants to move to more of a 2 back system. I THINK he wants to see the 2nd back (NAJEH) get more carries/ catches.

steelcitysfinestXL
04-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Hunt won't be there for us. Would be nice, but I doubt it. I still gamble on Bush.

:plus1: Im a hunt fan... he will be gone b4 WE can/should take him!!!!

House of Steel
04-12-2007, 11:07 AM
I agree. No doubt. Something about Bush is telling me, he could healed well enough to still be a monster of a RB.

steelcitysfinestXL
04-12-2007, 11:07 AM
A two back system is having two running backs whom share carries 10-20 a piece. What you are talking about is having a solid back up, to aid a unproven back. You say micheal turner and LT are a 2 back system??? turner has 150 some carries for less than 1000 yards... IN HIS F*CKIN CAREER. LT had that in week 8 or 9. THATS NOT A 2 BACK SYSTEM!!!! The eagles had a 3 back system for years... why you ask!?!? Westbrook for cathes, Buckhalter was the power, and duece could do both (back then). WE DONT HAVE THAT TYPE OF OFFENSE. YOU HEARD tomlin SAYS he wants to move to more of a 2 back system. I THINK he wants to see the 2nd back (NAJEH) get more carries/ catches.

But parker will be the feature back, Najeh will get more carries. And do some searching about Mike Logan when his last contract was up... he was injured the steelers cut him at the end of the season. He remained in UPMC (steelers medical facility) rehabbing with the teams staff. He got back healthy, and was resigned in preseason. Veron Haynes, as of the day he was cut, was working out at UPMC... dont be suprised if he is resigned in the preseason!!! The runnning back sittuation isnt much different then it was after week 8 last year.

House of Steel
04-12-2007, 11:08 AM
You just quoted yourself, :hilarious: OH BOY!!!

steelcitysfinestXL
04-12-2007, 11:20 AM
You just quoted yourself, :hilarious: OH BOY!!!

LOL, i did didnt I...

kgreen
04-12-2007, 12:56 PM

We have 9 picks don't you think that we could maybe trade up? I'm telling you no running back in this draft is more dedicated than Hunt.

kgreen
04-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Actually after reading more about Bush on newerascouting.com, he actually seems like he would be a great pick. Him or Hunt would really boost our team because of how hard they run. Yeah, I was way off on everything I said about Bush. I'm actually starting to like Bush a whole lot. New Era has him going in the 5th round which would make him the Steal of this draft, however NFLDC has him as a day one pick so I don't know.

steelcitysfinestXL
04-12-2007, 01:09 PM
We have 9 picks don't you think that we could maybe trade up? I'm telling you no running back in this draft is more dedicated than Hunt.

Maybe if hunt is still there in the 3rd trade our 20th and 33rd picks of the 3rd to a team in the top 5 to get hunt... i still dont know how much i like that though... i think there is gonna be some great underrated players fall to the 2,3,4th rounds esp. at LB/DE IE: woodley, Beason (maybe early 2nd) Gonzales, steve smith and one of my favs tim shaw.

okiesteeler
04-12-2007, 01:57 PM
I think if we are going to spend a draft pick on a running back to help out Willie, that instead of throwing one away this year on a back that is not going to step up and be of use this year, that we should look to get Peterson (if he is still on the board) or another back and let Bush go, he will drop in the draft and who knows he might not even get drafted and he could be signed as a free agent.

House of Steel
04-12-2007, 02:02 PM
You're dreaming, Okie. Peterson????? ARE YOU KIDDING ME at 15????

steelcitysfinestXL
04-12-2007, 02:38 PM
I think if we are going to spend a draft pick on a running back to help out Willie, that instead of throwing one away this year on a back that is not going to step up and be of use this year, that we should look to get Peterson (if he is still on the board) or another back and let Bush go, he will drop in the draft and who knows he might not even get drafted and he could be signed as a free agent.

If we traded up that high and didnt get Adams or Johnson i would throw a full blow temper tantrum... i mean on the floor kicking and screaming... like a 4 year old!!! AP is good but we got a feature back... and a good one. I think you better get used to the possibility of seeing him in the brown and orange my friend...

K Train
04-12-2007, 04:26 PM
lynch would be the only possibilty at 15....doubtful

steelcitysfinestXL
04-13-2007, 03:13 PM
lynch would be the only possibilty at 15....doubtful

Oh that would **** me off!!!:banging: