PDA

View Full Version : All jokes aside....pick one

K Train
04-08-2007, 03:01 PM
ok, nfl.com has great breakdowns of these players....read and decide who you want

Patrick willis- Wow, what a story, what a guy, what a player
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/willis_patrick

Lawrence timmons- really like what he brings to the table
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/timmons_lawrence

Jarvis Moss-he just disrupts the pocket plain and simple
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/moss_jarvis

Anthony Spencer-Could be the next Demarcus Ware
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/spencer_anthony

i dont know, im kinda sick of waiting for the draft...but i didnt realize nfl.com had such good write ups on this years prospects....

Koopa
04-08-2007, 03:12 PM
i picked spencer for the hell of it lol..........i don't care anymore, i don't really want moss anymore, but the others i wouldn't mind.....................

K Train
04-08-2007, 03:16 PM
after all this we damn well better not take a corner lol

House of Steel
04-08-2007, 03:17 PM
SPENCER BY A LANDSLIDE!!!! damn right I will get his jersey when he is a Steeler.

Koopa
04-08-2007, 03:19 PM

i doubt we are, mcfadden is a stud, and tomlin is all over ike's nuts so there will be no corner taken in the first round i guarantee it...............

House of Steel
04-08-2007, 03:23 PM
i doubt we are, mcfadden is a stud, and tomlin is all over ike's nuts so there will be no corner taken in the first round i guarantee it...............

:iagree: Without a doubt!!!

BB2W
04-08-2007, 03:44 PM
I really haven't decided yet... I think I'm leaning towards Spencer. I like Moss, but the marijuana thing concerns me. :dunno:

Black@Gold Forever32
04-08-2007, 04:17 PM
Here is my breakdown of these players

1. Willis
2. Spencer
3. Timmons
4. Moss

I like Anthony Spencer alot and enjoyed watching him play at Purdue. But I think Willis is going to be a beast. At 15 he is the only guy in that four that I would draft at 15. I think the Steelers still could trade down in the first round and draft Spencer.

Koopa
04-08-2007, 04:29 PM
Here is my breakdown of these players

1. Willis
2. Spencer
3. Timmons
4. Moss

I like Anthony Spencer alot and enjoyed watching him play at Purdue. But I think Willis is going to be a beast. At 15 he is the only guy in that four that I would draft at 15. I think the Steelers still could trade down in the first round and draft Spencer.

i don't think 15 is to high for spencer anymore, he's had good workouts, he was beastly in college, ware came from a smaller school and played the same position in college and was by a lot at first considered a late first rounder and went 11....................

Black@Gold Forever32
04-08-2007, 04:33 PM
i don't think 15 is to high for spencer anymore, he's had good workouts, he was beastly in college, ware came from a smaller school and played the same position in college and was by a lot at first considered a late first rounder and went 11....................

Looking at the draft board Koopa. I think there is a very good chance Spencer would be there at picks 20-25. I rather try to trade down get more picks and draft Spencer. Then try to trade back up at the end of the first round or early second round. Of course this won't happen. But thats what I would do.

Koopa
04-08-2007, 04:35 PM
i don't think trading for more picks this year is that good, we don't have a lot of room on the roster as it is, so i see no point in making a bunch of trades since maybe 4 or the drafted players will make the team

K Train
04-08-2007, 04:40 PM
if anything we should trade up in the 2nd or 3rd and get rid of our lower picks

Black@Gold Forever32
04-08-2007, 04:43 PM
i don't think trading for more picks this year is that good, we don't have a lot of room on the roster as it is, so i see no point in making a bunch of trades since maybe 4 or the drafted players will make the team

I said trade down and draft Spencer. Then with the extra picks we recieved in the trade down then try to trade back up in the end of the first round or early second round. I guess you missed that part Koopa?:bluelol:

K Train
04-08-2007, 04:48 PM
trading down for players is to risky......teams do like to **** you over when they get the chance. The colts had there eyes fixed on maroney, the pats traded up to steal him....you know why, because they hate the colts.....i just dont want to see our guy go somewhere else when we had full intentions of drafting him then we end up screwing ourselves because we have like the 22 pick and no one we really want that bad....i say reach and get them right wear we want them, in black and gold

please dont bring up edwards lol

Black@Gold Forever32
04-08-2007, 04:52 PM
trading down for players is to risky......teams do like to **** you over when they get the chance. The colts had there eyes fixed on maroney, the pats traded up to steal him....you know why, because they hate the colts.....i just dont want to see our guy go somewhere else when we had full intentions of drafting him then we end up screwing ourselves because we have like the 22 pick and no one we really want that bad....i say reach and get them right wear we want them, in black and gold

please dont bring up edwards lol

Ok you're a reacher and I like drafting the best player available or looking at the value point of it more then you do. Its all opinion and thats fine. I won't say that you're wrong but I just like drafting best player available and make sure you get the value out of pick.

In my opinion and I'm a big Anthony Spencer fan but in my opinion I don't think he is worth the 15th pick. I think I have more insight on Spencer then most since I actually watched him play alot the last two years. You think he is and thats fine.

House of Steel
04-08-2007, 04:55 PM
I got a feeling Spencer is going to fall to us at 15.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-08-2007, 04:56 PM
I got a feeling Spencer is going to fall to us at 15.

House Spencer will be there at 20 so yes he will be there at 15.

Koopa
04-08-2007, 04:59 PM
I said trade down and draft Spencer. Then with the extra picks we recieved in the trade down then try to trade back up in the end of the first round or early second round. I guess you missed that part Koopa?:bluelol:

no, i can't miss what i don't feel like reading lol, i just saw trade, and i don't think we need to trade, we are sitting pretty where we're at.........

K Train
04-08-2007, 05:04 PM
im not even saying just spencer, whoever we want....i just hate the thought of "hoping" they are there a few spots down...no matter who it might be. im just gonna have to trust tomlin on picking the right guy and getting him no matter what it takes.

also, the reason i say reach is, when you put yourself in the players position...dont you think it would suck *** to have a team want you and not deem you worthy of there pick...i just see that as being a confindence crusher...jmo, i dont see the harm in drafting someone higher than what they are "worth" and giving them a few extra bucks as long as they come right in and play at the high level they are being paid to play at.....but they better, or else thats considered being ****ed over and thats when you bring up troy edwards :lol:

House of Steel
04-08-2007, 05:05 PM
I would gamble and trade down for extra picks if we can still land Spencer in the First Round. Everything is risky when it comes to the Draft. I don't know what to believe.

K Train
04-08-2007, 05:07 PM
I would gamble and trade down for extra picks if we can still land Spencer in the First Round. Everything is risky when it comes to the Draft. I don't know what to believe.

the thing is, thats a good idea, but we have to get a good home for those extra picks because we dont need extra picks...if we could trade around like crazy but trading down for more picks and trading those picks to move back up....but we need something to trade for lol...its kinda tough doin that because its not a guarantee that teams are gonna give you want you wnt for all these extra picks

Black@Gold Forever32
04-08-2007, 05:14 PM
im not even saying just spencer, whoever we want....i just hate the thought of "hoping" they are there a few spots down...no matter who it might be. im just gonna have to trust tomlin on picking the right guy and getting him no matter what it takes.

also, the reason i say reach is, when you put yourself in the players position...dont you think it would suck *** to have a team want you and not deem you worthy of there pick...i just see that as being a confindence crusher...jmo, i dont see the harm in drafting someone higher than what they are "worth" and giving them a few extra bucks as long as they come right in and play at the high level they are being paid to play at.....but they better, or else thats considered being ****ed over and thats when you bring up troy edwards :lol:

You're the one bringing up Troy Edwards in this conversation not I. I havn't mentioned Troy Edward until now.:bluelol: You're putting to much stock in your confidence point. He still will be a first round pick.:bluelol: If a guy has confidence problems falling 5 or 6 picks in the first round then I don't think we would want that player. Plus its not like Spencer knows for certain the Steelers have any interest taking him at 15. I havn't heard the Steelers mentioned his name in any visits the last few weeks. So if they have interest in Spencer they're keeping quiet which is smart.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-08-2007, 05:16 PM
the thing is, thats a good idea, but we have to get a good home for those extra picks because we dont need extra picks...if we could trade around like crazy but trading down for more picks and trading those picks to move back up....but we need something to trade for lol...its kinda tough doin that because its not a guarantee that teams are gonna give you want you wnt for all these extra picks

The only reason I mention this I would like to get back in the first round or early second round. Again I only mention in conversation not saying this is a must. I want Gaines Adams and I want the Steelers to trade up to get him. Its not going to happen but I still like talking about it.

House of Steel
04-08-2007, 05:17 PM
I hear you. The whole game is a gamble. I can understand the sense of trading down, getting those picks, and then tempting a team in giving them extra picks to move up in the draft to get our guy. I all for that.

K Train
04-08-2007, 05:18 PM
You're the one bringing up Troy Edwards in this conversation not I. I havn't mentioned Troy Edward until now.:bluelol: You're putting to much stock in your confidence point. He still will be a first round pick.:bluelol: If a guy has confidence problems falling 5 or 6 picks in the first round then I don't think we would want that player. Plus its not like Spencer knows for certain the Steelers have any interest taking him at 15. I havn't heard the Steelers mentioned his name in any visits the last few weeks. So if they have interest in Spencer they're keeping quiet which is smart.

lol i bring up edwards because thats the bad side of reaching for someone, im trying to look at the good that can happen when you reach for a star player lol....i wish we did know who the steelers wanted in the first....damnit.

K Train
04-08-2007, 05:19 PM
The only reason I mention this I would like to get back in the first round or early second round. Again I only mention in conversation not saying this is a must. I want Gaines Adams and I want the Steelers to trade up to get him. Its not going to happen but I still like talking about it.

everytime i hear gaines adams i think....damnit starks...why cant you be better lol

House of Steel
04-08-2007, 05:22 PM
What the hell is it with Adams being in the talks??? Convince me enough in your opinion why we should have him over Spencer????? Please.

DROP THE DAMN EDWARDS TALKS!!! THAT PAIN IN THE *** IS NO LONGER WITH US.

K Train
04-08-2007, 05:24 PM
Gaines Adams is by far the best defensive player in the draft....by far, its not even close....he had an absolutely FLAWLESS combine and proday, he had a hell of a senior season and he could easily play DE full time because hes so strong or he could easily play OLB full time because hes so athletic.....he would be perfect for us.

Gaines Adams>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.Spencer or ANY othe defenseive player

House of Steel
04-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Awwwww....cool....so why not trade up and throw Starks into the equation?

K Train
04-08-2007, 05:28 PM
because i guess grimm doesnt love starks as much a starks loves grimm....to be honest i would be willing to trade faneca and swap 1st and 2nd rounders with AZ...then get adams and blalock...that would be GLORIOUS

Adams is the calvin johnson of defense

House of Steel
04-08-2007, 05:30 PM
HEY YOU GOT A GREAT PLAN, damn why don't we just show up in New York and do the draft for the Steelers. LMAO. I would force Arizona to take that damn trade too.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-08-2007, 05:37 PM
because i guess grimm doesnt love starks as much a starks loves grimm....to be honest i would be willing to trade faneca and swap 1st and 2nd rounders with AZ...then get adams and blalock...that would be GLORIOUS

Adams is the calvin johnson of defense

Yes that would be sweet Train. Dude I would happy with just Adams. Hell Blalock would be just gravy.

BB2W
04-08-2007, 06:03 PM
I've read at a lot of places the last couple weeks that Jamaal Anderson's stock is dropping... Tomlin was at Arkansas pro-day.

K Train
04-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Anderson is so overrated, hes a full time d-lineman....kinda a seymour wannabe

BlitzburghRockCity
04-08-2007, 08:07 PM

:plus1: :plus1: :plus1: :plus1: :plus1:

Give me Spencer, he's got the biggest potential IMO.

House of Steel
04-08-2007, 10:34 PM
I am very much sold on Spencer!!!

BRICKTOWN BEAST
04-09-2007, 12:01 AM
why would you ever want to trade FANECA he's the one of the best lineman we ever had and he's definetly in the top guards on the nfl even THE TOP he gave THE BUS and PARKER so many holes, rember that 75 yrd td all FANECA just cause hes being fat and lazy doesn't want to volentarily workout you shouldn't look at him differently. FANECA is the steel stone in our oline and he does nothing but produce never talk about getting rid of him. It makes me very upset.

House of Steel
04-09-2007, 12:05 AM
Have you heard how upset he has been lately???? He isn't happy anymore, therefore, that is where the talks are coming from. He is livid that the Steelers didn't pick Grimm, his buddy, for the head coach. He isn't too sold on Tomlin. We can do without Faneca believe me.

K Train
04-09-2007, 12:05 AM
ok, but what about when he leaves us next year while hes chasing top guard money like steve hutchinson....money we dont have? why not trade his unhappy *** to AZ so he can continue his love affair with grimm? sounds like thinking ahead to me....and im sure AZ would take it because they are gonna be at the top of the list of teams intersted and this way they prevent a bidding war.....just seems smart to me, even if its not my fav decision

BRICKTOWN BEAST
04-09-2007, 12:20 AM
obviously if your mentour ,idol, father wasn't your head coach your going to be upset but has he even sat down and talked to Tomlin. just because hes upset about everything (even though thats an asumtion) doesn't mean he hates pittsburgh and wants to leave. and if you think Gaines Adams is more valuble than him then you can go fall on a knife like Brendon Jacobs

BlitzburghRockCity
04-09-2007, 12:26 AM
There's no way we are going to trade Faneca. This team needs him and he's still under contract. We don't make a habit of trading players in a position like Alan is in right now.

K Train
04-09-2007, 12:26 AM
thats nice, tell me to go fall on a knife...but the point is your little boy toy faneca isnt gonna be with us next year unless he takes a massive paycut....his services will command top dollar...top dollar that we wont be willing to spend, or actually have to spend in the first place. Why not get some compensation for him while we can...we blew that with porter why do the same thing with faneca. who knows, mabey he will do what jerome did and take a paycut, but i REALLY doubt that, especially with all the cash AZ will be willing to throw around, not to mention his 'daddy" being down there wishing he had a lineman like him to make that terrifying offense complete. Faneca has never responded well to change and when his buddy and room mate maddox got replaced by a rookie.....he was pissed, i think this is it for him, hes unhappy his contract hasnt been renegoiated...oh well

BlitzburghRockCity
04-09-2007, 12:30 AM
This is what I don't understand. Alan himself has NOT said he's unhappy, he's never said those words. He never said how much money he wants, or how long of a contract he wants. All we've heard is his agent talking.

That's the way it went with Hines too, his agent kept saying Hines wants 50 million but Hines never said that. This is all a power play move by Alan's agent to get the biggest amount possible. Alan isn't going to require that much money to sign with us, Im telling you watch and see. Everybody needs to stop saying the dude is unhappy and he's leaving and all that. His agent is talking here now,not Alan.

K Train
04-09-2007, 12:32 AM
alan did say he was unhappy his contract hasnt been renegotiated....he hasnt said how much he wants but look at these lineman getting outrageous deals....hutchinson and steinbech and a few others

faneca>>>>>.all those guys, hes looking at a gian payday and probably not from us

BlitzburghRockCity
04-09-2007, 12:34 AM
Well sure he's unhappy that he doesn't have a new deal. So was Hines. So is every player who is going into the last year of a contract. Being unhappy about a new deal not being signed isn't the same as being unhappy with your team or your circumstances. Alan knows the drill and how the Steelers work.

Sure he'd love to have the payday of a Hutchinson but he also knows he's on a team with the chance to get back to the Super Bowl again before he retires. Anywhere he goes for a big pay will be with a team who's not a contender most likely. Im telling ya I'll be surprised if he doesn't come around and sign a new deal before he hits the market.

K Train
04-09-2007, 12:36 AM
well i hope your right, but money talks and he was in the middle of an affair with grimm. We really overpaid hines, good thing he was superbowl mvp that year because we took a beating with that contract

BRICKTOWN BEAST
04-09-2007, 12:37 AM
You dont even know FANECA. and you'll think the Cardnals can afford him but not us. if it comes down to TROY, BEN, WARD, DAN KRIEDER then yeah cut him but if you have a personal beef with him because of assumptions with no thickness behind it and that his agent which is like the rest of nfl's agents wants money for him that a probowler deserves well you can go trip and fall on a rusty knife which gives you gangreen and or lockjaw.

House of Steel
04-09-2007, 12:38 AM
I am with K-train with this. The obvious reality is, Alan isn't going to be here with us after this season. We all know he wants to command top dollars the Rooneys won't shell out cause Faneca is up there in age. Sure, Faneca got what 3 or 4 years of decent seasons left in him? The Steelers are looking to going younger now, it is time to make decent decision to help us in the long run, therefore, if Arizona was reluctant to give us a First and Second Rounder for Faneca in this year's draft, You can't sit there and tell me you wouldn't pull the trigger for that bonzana. You imagine the implications of how fast we could become a more faster, more stronger defensive team??? Yes, I know Alan has done some wonderful things for us here in Pittsburgh. I would rather get value than to have him go as a free agent and get screwed. I am with Kyle on this one.

Bricktown, we got to get ourselves under the cap to sign Troy and Ben long term. You have to be open minded about this whole scenario. We are going to sign the draft picks are baragin prices and try to manage the cap enough to lock up Ben and Troy. Releasing Faneca for a first and second rounder where we can sign them to the baragin of the minimum salary of their respectful picks would make sense in the long run as I said to lock up Ben and Troy. It is all about team economics. I will be honest with you and say, I wish we could keep Faneca and pay him the money he very well deserve, that is asking for God to hit us with lightning, it isn't going to happen.

BRICKTOWN BEAST
04-09-2007, 12:40 AM
If K-TRAIN ever tried to get pass FANECA he would plow you into the ground like a PANCAKE.

K Train
04-09-2007, 12:42 AM
You dont even know FANECA. and you'll think the Cardnals can afford him but not us. if it comes down to TROY, BEN, WARD, DAN KRIEDER then yeah cut him but if you have a personal beef with him because of assumptions with no thickness behind it and that his agent which is like the rest of nfl's agents wants money for him that a probowler deserves well you can go trip and fall on a rusty knife which gives you gangreen and or lockjaw.

ouch, tough guy here i guess....i just assumed the cards could afford him with the 30+million dollars they have laying around compared to our.....3 or 4 :dunno:

House of Steel
04-09-2007, 12:46 AM
How would you know that, Brick? You have some personal connection of seeing this? You don't know K-train too well, obviously, you don't know me either. SIZE Don't Matter, it is how smart you are at making the obvious move to trick the player. Rolling my eyes. This is getting nowhere.

Koopa
04-09-2007, 12:47 AM

grow up dude, learn how to talk sports or don't come here no more fool, just cause someone has a differing opinion then yours doesn't give you the right to make it personal........

anyway, it's obvious faneca wants top dollar, it's dumb to assume other wise, but let him walk, he's only a guard, a first round pick on a guard next year will easily replace him, and he'll be cheaper

K Train
04-09-2007, 12:48 AM
its nothing personal with faneca....its logic, he will want lots of money....we dont have lots of money...mabey its time to move on, like i said, i hope TG is right....i just dont think he'll be back for 08

BlitzburghRockCity
04-09-2007, 12:48 AM
Why are discussing trading Alan when it's not going to happen. There's no real indication at this point that Faneca is going anywhere. When's the last time the Steelers traded a player away in Alan's situation ? Whether it's the right or the wrong thing to do in this case doesn't matter because we're not going to trade him.

If we can get Polamalu under contract and Kreider (we've already resigned Aaron Smith) then in 2008 before Alan hits the market we can try to sign him without having to worry about everyone else hitting the market at the same time. It's a risky scenario yes, but it could very well turn out that way.

Remember this too, why are we even talking about Ben's contract in this ? the dude signed a 6 yr deal in 2004. We've got him and we won't negotiate a new deal until he's got 1 year left which isnt until 2009.

Koopa
04-09-2007, 12:51 AM
Why are discussing trading Alan when it's not going to happen. There's no real indication at this point that Faneca is going anywhere. When's the last time the Steelers traded a player away in Alan's situation ? Whether it's the right or the wrong thing to do in this case doesn't matter because we're not going to trade him.

If we can get Polamalu under contract and Kreider (we've already resigned Aaron Smith) then in 2008 before Alan hits the market we can try to sign him without having to worry about everyone else hitting the market at the same time. It's a risky scenario yes, but it could very well turn out that way.

Remember this too, why are we even talking about Ben's contract in this ? the dude signed a 6 yr deal in 2004. We've got him and we won't negotiate a new deal until he's got 1 year left which isnt until 2009.

because 2009 is right around the corner, and you don't want all this money locked up on an aging replaceable guard.............

K Train
04-09-2007, 12:51 AM
is kreider even an issue? i wouldnt expect him to want big money, and FB are pretty easy to replace...theres that dude in the draft this year who is a beast...never thought kreider contract was a big deal....hes underrated yes, but still unspectacular

BlitzburghRockCity
04-09-2007, 12:54 AM
Nah Kreider shouldn't be a big deal to resign, he'll take a fair amount. I was just mainly talking about him because he's a starter and a good one to have around.

As far as Ben goes, signing Alan isn't going to stop us from signing Ben anymore than signing Troy would. Money is money and it all spends the same and affects the cap the same. If it came down to Troy or Alan then sure I'd want Troy because he's younger, but there's no indication that signing Alan to a long term deal is a make or break for anyone else.

K Train
04-09-2007, 12:56 AM
well troy unlike alan is unreplaceable imo, i would hate to see him go

House of Steel
Koopa got a point, Kyle got a point, I must say, Matt, I hate to go against you at any time, but your blinded by a mirage if your going to disagree with us three. IT IS TOTAL SENSE AND REALITY TO TRADE FANECA FOR AN ADDITIONAL First and Second Rounder to get younger and faster. COME ON, what Steeler Fan wouldn't dream of such a gold mine? This is getting insubordinate and stupid.

Koopa
i say **** a salary cap and just spend like the redskins owner does, wtf **** do the rooneys need so much money?? they are old, might as well live lol

K Train
04-09-2007, 12:58 AM
it wouldnt be an additional, it would be swapping and moving up...and it was just an idea, only talks about trading starks have happend and it seens unlikely anyway, it was just an idea, and it started up a pretty good disscusion lol

House of Steel
04-09-2007, 01:01 AM
I feel like a couple of fools are underestimating my thinking cap. I know my football, and I know how to dream too. LMAO. Hey, it was one of the greatest debates I've been in for a long while. I can't believe I was on yours and Koopa's side for once and disagreeing with Matt???? UMMMM SOMEONE GET ME A MOTRIN HERE. :rofl:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-09-2007, 01:01 AM
Koopa hit it right on the head :lol:

You guys are missing the point here. It doesn't matter what sense it makes cuz it's not going to happen. Dan still has the ultimate say in this team whether Art is running the show or not. We don't trade players as a norm and certainly not ones with the stature of Faneca.

yes we're in new era with Tomlin but I'll on record as saying I'll be totally shocked if a trade with Alan were to happen and I'd bet money that it won't. The Rooney's do things by the book like always and trading players is not something they do very often.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-09-2007, 01:02 AM
:lol: I love these debates, me against the world :lol:

House of Steel
04-09-2007, 01:04 AM
Art is becoming a damn weasel lately, you have to be careful, Matt. Once Dan is history, boy are things going to change so fast it will put us all in a tailspin of hell.

Koopa
Koopa hit it right on the head :lol:

You guys are missing the point here. It doesn't matter what sense it makes cuz it's not going to happen. Dan still has the ultimate say in this team whether Art is running the show or not. We don't trade players as a norm and certainly not ones with the stature of Faneca.

yes we're in new era with Tomlin but I'll on record as saying I'll be totally shocked if a trade with Alan were to happen and I'd bet money that it won't. The Rooney's do things by the book like always and trading players is not something they do very often.

i ain't missing no point, cause i didn't say trade him, i said just let him walk, cause he's a guard, and will be easily replaced by drafting a guard in the first round of next years draft, or by justion blalock :crossfingers: :lol:

House of Steel
:lol: I love these debates, me against the world :lol:

In your dreams, put the damn weed joint down. I am going to bed, later.

K Train
04-09-2007, 01:05 AM
lol im not against you, i hope your right, faneca is our guy and hes a great player....guards are just making so much ****ing money right now

BlitzburghRockCity
04-09-2007, 01:09 AM
You're damn right about that...the Guards in this league are making way too much along with everyone else :lol:

K Train
04-09-2007, 01:10 AM
lol im always damn right

Koopa
04-09-2007, 01:12 AM
lol im always damn right

i remember this one time, you accused me of saying that i wanted moses, and then you went on a search, and found out that i didn't say that so you apologized :lol:

so you ain't always damn right :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-09-2007, 01:17 AM
lol im always damn right

well, atleast most of the time :lol:

K Train
04-09-2007, 01:24 AM
i remember this one time, you accused me of saying that i wanted moses, and then you went on a search, and found out that i didn't say that so you apologized :lol:

so you ain't always damn right :lol:

ok, keep that apology forever, it might be worth money someday

BlitzburghRockCity
04-09-2007, 01:25 AM
Kinda like that time you said that I actually beat you in the model competition even though I didn't win...oh yeah Ive saved that one too cuz it'll probably never happen again :lol:

K Train
04-09-2007, 01:27 AM
again, save that and the letter for the smiley request thread....it'll put your kids through college lol

BRICKTOWN BEAST
04-09-2007, 01:51 AM
ok sorry ive been gone so long. NOW KOOPA i never made anything personal all i said was if theres a knife in the street I would prefer that he would fall on top of it, your the one making it personal, Now all i wanted was to tell everyone that there isn't a team that FANECA would rather be on the the steelers right now but some people dont think that because they have fake thoughts about him. I definetly understand getting rid of him because of our salary cap but we can squeeze him in. but whoever said FANECA can get replaced by a first round pick I strongly disagree and WHOEVER said we can replace DAN KRIEDER i hope fall on the knife but when you bleed it will not be black and gold becuase DAN KRIEDER IS UNSPECTACULAR are not words that should be spoken by a STEELERS fan

jasonbay
04-09-2007, 02:52 AM
I would love for us to take Willis

Koopa
04-09-2007, 03:40 PM
ok sorry ive been gone so long. NOW KOOPA i never made anything personal all i said was if theres a knife in the street I would prefer that he would fall on top of it, your the one making it personal, Now all i wanted was to tell everyone that there isn't a team that FANECA would rather be on the the steelers right now but some people dont think that because they have fake thoughts about him. I definetly understand getting rid of him because of our salary cap but we can squeeze him in. but whoever said FANECA can get replaced by a first round pick I strongly disagree and WHOEVER said we can replace DAN KRIEDER i hope fall on the knife but when you bleed it will not be black and gold becuase DAN KRIEDER IS UNSPECTACULAR are not words that should be spoken by a STEELERS fan

faneca doesn't do anything special, he's a good run blocker, that could easily replaced.........he's aight at pass blocking, so a first round draft pick on the best guard in the draft next year will easily replace him

omg, dan krieder is a good run blocker too, and a great worker, but again easily replaced, he isn't special.....he's a guy that runs in front of the running back

the way our offense is changing, he won't be on the field all the time anyway

i hate talking sports with bias ppl, they get all pissy when you don't say everyone that plays on their favorite team is god.............

BlitzburghRockCity
04-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Kreider may not be as hard to sign as Polamalu will or anything but make no mistake, the Steelers will be a run first team. Tomlin has stated from the start the way to win in the league is by running the ball and stopping the run. Bruce may want to run some more 3-4 WR's sets on 1st down and such and Im all for it, the more we keep the defense guessing the better, but we're still going to run the ball and that will remain our focus in our offense.

I am looking forward though to have more options in the passing game and with our WR's and Heath we could be awesome in those multi WR sets. :yesnod:

Koopa
04-09-2007, 03:54 PM
yeah but running more doesn't necessarily mean smash mouth football, we don't have a back that can pound, we may run more, but it's gonna be with speed and running around the defenses, kinda like the broncos.

everyone get over the smash mouth of old, that's old ****, this is a new era, smash mouth only leads to a lost season as we've seen in years past, it wasn't until we opened everything up until we won it all

Black@Gold Forever32
04-09-2007, 03:54 PM
I have to throw my hat into this Faneca/Kreider debate. I'm with Koopa they're both replaceable. **** everybody is replaceable. Players come and go all the time.

The Steelers have replaced better Olineman then Faneca before. Lets see Dirt Dawson. I know he is a center but they found a replacement for him with no problem. So I think finding a replacement for Faneca will be no problem. Hey Faneca has been great for the Steelers but he is just an OG. Its not like replacing a franchise QB or LT.lol

As for Dan Kreider, yes he has been a great blocking FB for the Steelers. But thats all he does. The Steelers have had plenty of FBs that just block and always seem to find them. Ok Tim Lester and Jon Witman ring a bell?lol
Plus with Ariens suggesting that he wants to use more 4WR sets might start to phase out the FB that just blocks out of the Steelers offense.

I swear alot of Steelers fans hold to much emotional attachment to players.lol Players come and they go.

K Train
04-09-2007, 04:18 PM
Exactly, players come and go and are usually replaceable.....Faneca and krieder are those kind of players, Troy just simply isnt imo, he not a guy you can let walk, hes a special player. But a Blocking FB....Kreider is good but he isnt as good as Henderson, Neal, Strong....ect, hes good enough for what we do but if he want more than hes getting now...bye bye

Koopa
04-09-2007, 04:22 PM
there's not much of a market for the type of player dan is, so yeah, we can easily resign him if he's still in the steelers plans

Black@Gold Forever32
04-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Exactly, players come and go and are usually replaceable.....Faneca and krieder are those kind of players, Troy just simply isnt imo, he not a guy you can let walk, hes a special player. But a Blocking FB....Kreider is good but he isnt as good as Henderson, Neal, Strong....ect, hes good enough for what we do but if he want more than hes getting now...bye bye

Well I do agree with you in a way that players like Troy are not replaceable which is true but you still could find a safety almost just as good as Troy. Now I'm not saying the Steelers shouldn't resign Troy. Yes they should try to resign him at all costs. But if not I know the Steelers will remain and they will find a safety almost as good as Troy.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Letting Troy go is simply not an option this team should even consider. We traded up in the 1st round and gave away alot that day to get him. He's rock solid and as good as they come, trying to find a safety to replace him would take time and Im not for trying to break in another safety when we're already going to be breaking in a Starter in Anthony Smith. Troy is a leader and needs to remain at all costs, no question IMO.

Krieder is indeed as good as any FB in the league, just because we only use him to block and nothing else doesn't discount his importance IMO. You can't just plug a FB into our system and expect him to perform at a high level. It took whitman a solid year after taking over Lester's job before he was good at it. It took Kreider about the same time to get used to the job. Why go out and get another FB if Kreider will stay for decent money ?

As far as Faneca, I think he should stay plain and simple. The guy is a top 3 guard in the league and OL are the most important position on any football team. Our OL is going through enough changes right now, we don't need anymore IMO. If we can resign Alan for fair market value then so be it. He won't make us pay him as much as everyone else is getting, I'd bet money he'll settle for less just like Hines did.

Just my :2cents:

Koopa
04-09-2007, 04:40 PM
remember, we have a new system..........we don't know what it's gonna be like now

and yeah, troy is the second best safety in the league, i wouldn't let him go for anything

BlitzburghRockCity
04-09-2007, 04:47 PM
You're exactly right, we really don't know how our new system is going to work just yet so we just have to wait and see. Some things will stay the same, some will change.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-09-2007, 05:15 PM
Letting Troy go is simply not an option this team should even consider. We traded up in the 1st round and gave away alot that day to get him. He's rock solid and as good as they come, trying to find a safety to replace him would take time and Im not for trying to break in another safety when we're already going to be breaking in a Starter in Anthony Smith. Troy is a leader and needs to remain at all costs, no question IMO.

Krieder is indeed as good as any FB in the league, just because we only use him to block and nothing else doesn't discount his importance IMO. You can't just plug a FB into our system and expect him to perform at a high level. It took whitman a solid year after taking over Lester's job before he was good at it. It took Kreider about the same time to get used to the job. Why go out and get another FB if Kreider will stay for decent money ?

As far as Faneca, I think he should stay plain and simple. The guy is a top 3 guard in the league and OL are the most important position on any football team. Our OL is going through enough changes right now, we don't need anymore IMO. If we can resign Alan for fair market value then so be it. He won't make us pay him as much as everyone else is getting, I'd bet money he'll settle for less just like Hines did.

Just my :2cents:

Didn't I say the Steelers should resign Troy at all costs? I think I did.:bluelol: But if not then I won't lose no sleep at night over it. Hell I'm confident the Steelers can find another safety almost just as good.

Did I have ever say that Dan Kreider wasn't important to the Steelers? Yes he is a very good blocker but Kreider started the last 10 games of his rookie year and was the Steelers OROY his rookie year and he wasn't even drafted. So finding a FB that just blocks isn't that hard Top. Plus with the Steelers running the ball out of spread formation like Ariens is suggesting will call less for a FB that just blocks.lol The FB is almost dead in the NFL these days.

As for Faneca he is an OG and thats it. Its not like replacing a franchise LT. The Steelers have lost better Olineman throughout the years then Alan Faneca and have survived. He is over-rated anyway. I like the guy to but he is just a great run blocker. I always thought he was average at best in pass protection. Plus he is 31 sorry I don't want the Steelers to spend a ton to resign a 30 something OG. Especially with the money that OG's get these days.:bluelol:So Faneca can go get bent for all I'm concerned.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Yes you did say those things, I was just commenting on your comments and adding in my :2cents: on it. :redcool:

steelcitysfinestXL
04-09-2007, 06:45 PM
I agree that we SHOULD CONSIDER trading faneca! Imagine who we could have gotten after the Play-off run last year for porter. Its def NOT like the steelers to trade a star in his last season. But in this case where the cap is running thin, the guy has expressed DISPLEASURE for the things that have happened this off season and 2 guards that have NEVER made the probowl both signed 7 year deals worth 50 mil. this off-season... we should consider getting the most we can out of him.

K Train
04-09-2007, 06:50 PM
amen :bigthumb:

House of Steel
04-09-2007, 08:35 PM
Finally someone that agrees with Koopa, I, and K-Train. Well Said :iagree: :tt02:

steelcitysfinestXL
04-10-2007, 09:53 AM
Yeah just hate to see what happened this year to porter happen to alan next year... not only will we be out a all pro guard, but will be working in a new guy next to a second year guy (mehan) Im actually kind of excited to see how faneca plays with out having hartings next to him, not to take anything away form alan but hartings was on hell of a center, lets see how well the oline plays with a new face anchoring the line.

BlackGold4vr
04-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Yeah just hate to see what happened this year to porter happen to alan next year... not only will we be out a all pro guard, but will be working in a new guy next to a second year guy (mehan) Im actually kind of excited to see how faneca plays with out having hartings next to him, not to take anything away form alan but hartings was on hell of a center, lets see how well the oline plays with a new face anchoring the line.

Hartings was one hell of a center in his prime, which wasn't last year! He had a horrible year and was responsible for a lot of the O-lines problems last year. Against San Diego, Jamal Williams manhandled Jeff throughout the entire game. Jeff was playing hurt last year and it showed. Almost anybody can step in and beat the performance that Hartings had last year. He was a decent center for us but IMO was never the NFL standard that the Steelers have been famous for anchoring our O-line (Mike Webster- 9 straight pro-bowls, Dermontti Dawson- 7 straight pro-bowls). I don't know that the next HOF Steeler center is on our current roster, but I don't think Hartings performance of last year will be a tough standard to beat.

:yesnod:

steelcitysfinestXL
04-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Hartings was one hell of a center in his prime, which wasn't last year! He had a horrible year and was responsible for a lot of the O-lines problems last year. Against San Diego, Jamal Williams manhandled Jeff throughout the entire game. Jeff was playing hurt last year and it showed. Almost anybody can step in and beat the performance that Hartings had last year. He was a decent center for us but IMO was never the NFL standard that the Steelers have been famous for anchoring our O-line (Mike Webster- 9 straight pro-bowls, Dermontti Dawson- 7 straight pro-bowls). I don't know that the next HOF Steeler center is on our current roster, but I don't think Hartings performance of last year will be a tough standard to beat.

:yesnod:

Well in all fairness to a probowl center... the whole line played like sh*t last year. Smith and Starx were horrible at times really the only spots we were consistant (if at all) at was the interior right side. (Hartings and Faneca) The San Diego game was the only one i didnt get to watch (12 hour midnight shifts suck) But from what i watched all year the whole o-line seemed to have problems getting off the ball, suprisingly we seemed to have some problems blocking against a 3-4 (san diego and baltimore twice!) And as far as Hartings i think for a guy to come to a team as a G in the second half of his career, switch to C and make the Pro-Bowl 2 times in 6 years as a steeler isnt too bad. Now is he a Webster type guy, NO. But he still was the anchor of this Oline whether you like it or not. Dawson was a freak of nature and its kinda hard to compare anyone to him, not too many C's ran "pull" and "trap" blocks before him let alone do it as often as he did. Your talking about 2 of the best ever not just 2 of the best steelers!!!

House of Steel
04-10-2007, 02:16 PM
Great Post, XL :bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-10-2007, 02:25 PM
Basically it boils down to the fact that our entire OL sucked last year. They played inconsistent all year long. Ben was running for his life and getting sacked constantly, Willie had no where to run most of the time, especially on the road.

Sure Ben was responsible for some of those sacks by not throwing it away and making poor decisions but since we're talking about the OL right now, all 5 of them are guilty of a poor year overall. I fully expect all of them, starters and backups to come out this year with a renewed since of passion and fire !

steelcitysfinestXL
04-10-2007, 08:05 PM
agreed, once you get to the pros blocking is a "heart' thing... just look at ward, he aint the biggest,he aint the strongest but he's got heart... all this years oline starters can and will play better.

steelcitysfinestXL
04-10-2007, 08:08 PM
We need to expand the offense a lil more now that he is in his 4th year. More "hot routes" and audibles at the line. He needs to be able to recognize the blitz, call the "hot route", take a 3-5 step drop and fire that *uckin pigskin!!! we have some guys that can really do se great things after the catch in Ward, Holmes and even Heath...

BRICKTOWN BEAST
04-12-2007, 06:57 PM
how come nobodys talking about Adam Carriker I would love this guy on our team.
:helmet:

Koopa
04-12-2007, 06:59 PM
**** carriker, he's a DE, not a need at all, we are sticking with a 3-4, smith was just resigned, keisel is pretty good there, so no DE drafted unless he can be converted in to a OLB, which carriker can't

K Train
04-12-2007, 06:59 PM
i would be furious if we drafted Carriker....absolutly furious.......thats a terrible idea and you tell us to go fall on knives :lol:

BRICKTOWN BEAST
04-12-2007, 07:38 PM
He would be the pass rusher everbody wants not that im doubting Kiesel or Smith. He just seems to good to pass up if he falls to 15.

K Train
04-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Because we already have him....his name is aaron smith, and we just locked him up long term, and keisel did a good job last year and we have decent depth at dline at all 3 postitions....not to mention carriker isnt that great, he doesnt stop but hes not that fast. he would be good in a 4-3 like atlanta to replace kerney but we dont need dline we need LB and we need LB bad, we dont get our rush form the dline we get it from our LBs which is why we are gonna draft a LB and not defensive end.....

Tomlin would be retarded to take carriker at 15 imo

BRICKTOWN BEAST
04-12-2007, 07:58 PM
you dont think if he lost 15-20 lbs he could play olb

K Train
04-12-2007, 08:08 PM
i would be furious either way....neither is gonna happen

okiesteeler
04-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Last thing we need on the team is another pothead. Brings back memories of Bam Morris. The Steelers are not having off the field problems like the other teams, and we dont need or want them.

K Train
04-12-2007, 08:14 PM
Last thing we need on the team is another pothead. Brings back memories of Bam Morris. The Steelers are not having off the field problems like the other teams, and we dont need or want them.

wtf are you talking about?

BRICKTOWN BEAST
04-12-2007, 08:16 PM
if he lost the weight, got faster and learned about the OLB position. with his strength he could be a machine

Koopa
04-12-2007, 08:19 PM
he is not a player that can convert, he is what he is and that's a DE..............

Black@Gold Forever32
04-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Ok where is this depth that everybody thinks we have at DE? There is Travis Kirschke who is in his early 30's and has a bad back.lol Oh there is Rodney Bailey. Enough said Rodeny Bailey.lol The starters are very good in Aaron Smith and Brett Keisel. But Smith is in his early 30's and Keisel is in his late 20s. The Steelers have tried to draft Dlineman in the last few drafts but none of them have panned out.

Now I totally agree that LB period is the biggest need and I would address WR and OLine before DE. But the Steelers better start thinking about adding something to their DE rotation. There isn't much behind the starters and there isn't no future replacements waiting in the wings either.

Which leads me back to Adam Carriker. If he is the best available at 15 then it wouldn't be retarded to draft him. He is a very good football player is can play DE both in a 3-4 and 4-3 scheme. Plus could play DT in a 4-3.

I think the focus is to much on need. I only care that the Steelers draft good football players period. The only positions the Steelers should totally avoid in the first round are QB,RB,TE,K and P.

Koopa
04-12-2007, 08:27 PM
i don't see no one talking about depth.............but it's still **** carriker, and if he's drafted i will hope for a complete bust and a 1-15 season and hope tomlin is fired by being a dumb ****

Black@Gold Forever32
04-12-2007, 08:36 PM
i don't see no one talking about depth.............but it's still **** carriker, and if he's drafted i will hope for a complete bust and a 1-15 season and hope tomlin is fired by being a dumb ****

Train brought up we had a decent rotation of Dlineman. I only point out that Kirschke is getting up there and has bad back and Rodney Bailey is just worthless. I don't see much depth behind the starters at DE. The DE's we have drafted the last few drafts havn't panned out. Players like Shaun Nua and Orien Harris have flamed out. All I'm saying lets say Aaron Smith starts slowing down since he is in his 30's. Who is there to take his place? Nobody as of right now. The Steelers better start thinking about adding some young talent at the DE spot. With their late round picks not panning out at DE is really hurting the depth at DE.

But whatever man I can careless if you agree with me just come up with a better reponse then that lameass reponse of **** Carriker.:bluelol:

Koopa
04-12-2007, 08:41 PM
did they flame out?? or was it the fact that our coach was one of the most overrated coaches ever??? sure he was a good motivator, but he got outcoached by everyone, unless you were a straight up good player theres no way you could've made it here cause there was no coaching to make players better..........................

Black@Gold Forever32
04-12-2007, 08:45 PM
did they flame out?? or was it the fact that our coach was one of the most overrated coaches ever??? sure he was a good motivator, but he got outcoached by everyone, unless you were a straight up good player theres no way you could've made it here cause there was no coaching to make players better..........................

Very good points Koopa, see I respect your opinion and thats why I ask for more then just **** Carriker. I just want some insight bro.

Regardless if it was Cowher or not why players like Shaun Nua or Orien Harris havn't panned out the point is the Steelers would be smart to draft a DE at some point in this draft. Now I'm not screaming Adam Carriker at 15 trust me. I want players like Timmons, Willis, Bowe and many others before Carriker. Just saying I won't be uspet if the Steelers draft Adam Carriker.:bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-12-2007, 08:47 PM
I would look for the Steelers to pick up a DL mid day 2 this year, then next year I'd look for us to draft maybe 2 of them, one on each day and start to build up some young fresh studs to get into the rotation. If our current 3 stay healthy there's no reason the 3 of them couldn't play together for atleast another 4 - 5 years...but that doesn't excuse us from building for the future or just getting depth in case of injury.

I like what Hoke brings to the table, he's a scrapper and a good NT to spell Casey.

K Train
04-12-2007, 08:50 PM
there was someone in camp last year...vicks, or vickers or something, i heard he was an animal....but he didnt play....because thats what cowher does. nua and harris can be given up on, we all just need to focus that cowher hates rookies or any young guys with potential....for year being drafted in the 5-7th round must have been depressing since 90% got cut.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-12-2007, 08:51 PM
I would look for the Steelers to pick up a DL mid day 2 this year, then next year I'd look for us to draft maybe 2 of them, one on each day and start to build up some young fresh studs to get into the rotation. If our current 3 stay healthy there's no reason the 3 of them couldn't play together for atleast another 4 - 5 years...but that doesn't excuse us from building for the future or just getting depth in case of injury.

I like what Hoke brings to the table, he's a scrapper and a good NT to spell Casey.

Yes Hoke is very good. He proved that in 2004 when he took over the starting NT spot in 2004 when Casey went down with his ACL injury. As for Kirschke the guy is solid backup at DE. I just think at anytime he can start to slow down and he has battled back injuries the last few years. As for Bailey, I think he is worthless.

It would be nice to throw some young blood in at that DE rotation. If not this year then next year is a must.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-12-2007, 08:57 PM
there was someone in camp last year...vicks, or vickers or something, i heard he was an animal....but he didnt play....because thats what cowher does. nua and harris can be given up on, we all just need to focus that cowher hates rookies or any young guys with potential....for year being drafted in the 5-7th round must have been depressing since 90% got cut.

Yea train but Hoke wasn't drafted and Keisel was a 7th round pick. So its not like late picks havn't made the team in the Cowher era. Plus Hoke, Keisel and Nua all went to BYU. What I'm saying Nua must not have shown nothing at all to not make the team since guys like Hoke and Keisel made it in the past. Plus went to the same college. Only reason I mentioned BYU the Steelers coaches like to look at Dline from BYU since they feel Dlineman from BYU fit the Steelers system well. I don't know is Nua still on the Steelers practice squad? Maybe this is the year he turns the corner. Which would be nice since it would be nice to have some young blood at DE.

The guy you're thinking of is Lee Vickers. Yes he has some talent but he must not have impressed that much. I wonder if he will be back at camp this year?

BlitzburghRockCity
04-12-2007, 09:11 PM
Yes Hoke is very good. He proved that in 2004 when he took over the starting NT spot in 2004 when Casey went down with his ACL injury. As for Kirschke the guy is solid backup at DE. I just think at anytime he can start to slow down and he has battled back injuries the last few years. As for Bailey, I think he is worthless.

It would be nice to throw some young blood in at that DE rotation. If not this year then next year is a must.

:plus1: :plus1:

Bailey had potential for a year or so before he left, then he came back and hasn't done much with the time he's gotten. I agree some youth will need to be infused in the backup roles very soon.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-12-2007, 09:17 PM
:plus1: :plus1:

Bailey had potential for a year or so before he left, then he came back and hasn't done much with the time he's gotten. I agree some youth will need to be infused in the backup roles very soon.

Yes that one year Bailey had 6 sacks. But he left and became a Pat and Seahawk. Since he has returned the guy is worthless.:bluelol:

K Train
04-12-2007, 09:53 PM
just a thought....quinn pittcock from OSU....his stock has dropped, what do you think about him possibly being a 3rd rounder?

Black@Gold Forever32
04-12-2007, 09:57 PM
just a thought....quinn pittcock from OSU....his stock has dropped, what do you think about him possibly being a 3rd rounder?

I like Pittcock. Trust me Train I don't think DE is that much of need for this year. Just bringing up the fact there isn't much behind the starters. I'm talking youth wise. The Dline is getting alittle long in the tooth.

Most of the time I bring up stuff just to get conversation going. Its the off-season bro. Alot of time to kill.

steelcitysfinestXL
04-13-2007, 01:14 PM
What about Jat Alford 6'3 300lbs DE out of PSU.

From EPSN Insider:
"Overall: Alford was redshirted in 2002. He appeared in 10 games in 2003, starting the final eight after recovering from a knee sprain sustained in the season opener, and recorded 25 total tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss, one sack, and one fumble recovery. Alford played in all 11 contests (eight starts) in 2004 and finished the season with 24 total tackles, 3.5 tackles for loss, and 1.5 sacks. In 2005, he started 11 of 12 games and registered 37 total tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss, 8.5 sacks, one fumble recovery, and one forced fumble. Alford earned Associated Press Third Team All-American and Second Team All-Big Ten honors after starting all 12 games in 2006 and finishing with 32 total tackles, 14.5 tackles for loss, eight sacks, two forced fumbles, and two fumble recoveries.
Alford added 15-plus pounds between the end of his senior season and the combine. While his listed weight looks adequate, he needs to prove he can maintain that bulk without losing quickness. He also needs to continue to work on his ability to disengage from blocks and split the double team. However, he is a quick and powerful one-gap penetrator with good athletic ability for the position. He's not a fit for many teams in the NFL but the ones that value mobility over size (see: Colts, Buccaneers, Vikings, Bears, etc.) should view Alford as a fourth or fifth round prospect."