PDA

View Full Version : New Ownership

Steelersfan
04-07-2007, 01:10 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know I am stepping down as owner of SA for personal reasons. I have turned the site over to Matt (Top Gun) who I know will do a great job! AZ_Steeler will be staying on also. The only change here is myself.
I have all the faith in the world that TG and AZ will do a great job and I want to thank both of them for the help they gave me in getting SA going. Without them it wouldn't be what it is today.
I've made some great friends here and have had a lot of fun posting with all of you. You have all been great to me and I hope you will show Matt the same respect.
I will be sending Matt the money that has been donated thus far so there is no worry there for people who have donated. The money will still go into SA like I have always said.
And last but not least, thank you all for joining SA and becoming part of this site! Without members a forum is nothing! I hope you are all able to enjoy coming here for many years and many Steelers Super Bowl wins!! :tt02:
So this isn't good bye or anything. Least I hope it isn't! I will still try and post here and help Matt and Chris when/if needed and when/if I have the time.
Thanks for the great times everyone!
:tt02::tt02::tt02:GO STEELERS!!!!:tt02::tt02::tt02:

Dan (Steelersfan)

floodcitygirl
04-07-2007, 02:10 AM
Whatever you need to do is top priority, Dan. You have 100% of my support. You and your family are in my prayers. I look forward to continuing to see your posts and you being around as often as you can. Please take good care.

Koopa
04-07-2007, 02:37 AM
well you are definitely leaving the site in good hands, i hope everything works out for you mayne.......

BlitzburghRockCity
04-07-2007, 05:11 AM
It's a sad day in SA history to see Dan step down. You are the reason bro, that SA is here. Your vision of what a Steelers board should be has helped mold this place into the great site that it has become to date. You've surrounded yourself with positive influences and those that share the same vision and integrity that you do.

AZ, Myself, and the rest of the team will uphold your dream and keep it going. One thing we won't do though is let you just fade off into the sunset. We fully expect to see you posting up, and enjoying all that you have created. :tt02: ;) Each and every member here on SA means something to all of us and we're so glad that you've all signed up and participate here on the site. Dan wanted to make a Steelers site where everybody's opinion mattered, where everyone feels welcome and appreciated...he's accomplished that and then some during SA's young existance.

Personal reasons may have compelled you to reach this decision, but you can count on our full support and we are always in your corner, and we will always welcome your insight and support into keeping SA moving in the positive direction that it has been since you started it last year.

House of Steel
04-07-2007, 11:22 AM
I am very sadden and shocked over this announcement. Dan, as a friend and true admirer of your dedications here at SA, you will never ever in any of our hearts' here at SA be forgotten about who started this great forum. Whatever the deal is your going through personally, I hope the Lord guides you and your wife through it all. You are a warrior, you are a conqueror, and most of all, you are the best friend anyone could ever have and I am sure I am speaking for all of us here at SA. I hope you do come and post from time to time. Yes, I am in tears, cause you made a great home for not only myself but to all of us in the Steeler Nation. I love this forum so much cause it is a safe haven away from the hell and stress of the world we live in. I wish this wasn't happening and it was only a dream. WE WILL ALWAYS BE GRATEFUL FOR YOU, DAN. THANKS SO MUCH. WE LOVE YA BROTHER!!!! :tt02: :tt02:

One more thing I forgot: Leaving SA in the hands of Matt, Top Gun, is the best decision ever. He is going to carry the flames and Dan's legacy to new heights. Congratulations, Matt.

(I can't believe I am shedding so many tears over this, THIS IS INDEED THE SADDEST DAY IN SA HISTORY.)

Prosdo
04-07-2007, 11:24 AM
I'm sorry to see you step down Dan, but I can understand. Thank you for making SA and bringing me on staff. I love it here and I'm glad to be part of it. You could not have left SA in better hands. I have known Matt a long time and I know he will keep this site rocking.

SteelersfaninPhilly
04-07-2007, 12:26 PM
Best of luck dan. As for the new ownership. There goes the neighborhood. :lol: Congrats Matt

BB2W
04-07-2007, 12:50 PM
This is sad... Thanks, and good luck Dan.

Congrats Matt...

BBG7
04-07-2007, 01:05 PM
I'm sorry to hear you are stepping down Dan. You have done a wonderful job with this site and I know Matt will carry it on. Good luck in everything Dan!!!

Blitzburgh55
04-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Wow didnt see this coming at all

Captcoolhand
04-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Well! :scratch: not sure what to say:dunno:
Thanks for everything

SteelCityMan786
04-07-2007, 03:27 PM
Sad to see you step down Steelersfan, you got this site in the shape it's in today. Good Luck to Top Gun as the new owner.

AZ_Steeler
04-07-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm still sadden by the news Dan. I don't really know what to say except "Thanks for everything", and "Thanks for handing the ownership over rather than just shutting down shop". This place has really taken off and we owe it all to you! :clap:

I hope and pray that whatever is going on in your life to cause you to step down is resolved and whatever needs healed is healed. If you ever need anything just let me know, I'm sure you know where you can find me! :D

I'm positive you have left the board in good hands with TG, he's always had SA's best interest in mind. Hopefully we won't miss a beat and continue the success SA has had since it's conception! Thanks again Dan for everything and don't be a stranger!

SteelersWoman
04-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Will be odd to not think of you as "SA Owner". You're responsible for creating the absolute best Steeler site on the net--it's our second home lol

So thanks for all the hard work, time, and ingenuity you've put into this site--DOUBLE thanks for not just shuttin it down! I'm sure TG will do you proud.

Hburg
04-07-2007, 04:44 PM
I hope everything is aiight for ya Dan and hope to continue to see you around here to talk and chill. I haven't seen the MRS.S around here in a while and hope she is still doing aiight as well. If you need anything just holla. Peace.

BuFu

Black@Gold Forever32
04-07-2007, 04:54 PM
First off thanks for starting SA, SF. You're the reason we have this great site. Second best of luck to you and hope to see you post from time to time. Third I have all the confidence in the world in Top Gun and I think he will continue the standard you set for this site along with Arizona.

TEEMONT
04-07-2007, 07:21 PM
Good luck dude, sorry you have to step down.

Madden King
04-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Between this place and TSZ, you created 2 spectacular sites!! You have done a great job with both spots and your leadership will be missed. I've known you (through the boards, anyway) since the beginning of TSZ and even before that and I hope whetever situation you have to take care gets better.

DallasRules
04-07-2007, 08:37 PM
good luck bro ........hope to see u at the card table again real soon....:greengrin:

DIESELMAN
04-07-2007, 09:07 PM
Fot whatever reason you have to step down, I hope and pray that everything is good with you and your family. Thank You for starting SA, I was floating around after leaving SF with no place to go. SA is full of cool and great Steeler fans. Matt will do a great job in taking the reins of SA. Please come back and post to let us know you and your family are doing good. Go do what you gotta do Dan and God Bless.

Steelx
04-08-2007, 12:50 AM
Been debating what to say since I first read the PM at TSZ and really still have not figured out what to say but I am going to try anyway,

I really never met Dan in person but I felt like I knew him just from being around him. Whenever I needed something he would be there in a heartbeat, like a brother would be. I dont know what happened (one day I hope I do) but you have been saftey blanket for me at TSZ and all that you have done to keep me on the right track to achieve my goals. Just helping with little stuff.

I was in the same situation before at a time at TSZ and you talked me out of it and I am glad you did. Well man you are leaving a great thing here and I know you enjoy doing it so to me it has to be something on the more serious side so I hope everything is good.

You need anything brother you know where to find me. Peace bro

BR7
04-08-2007, 02:04 AM
I'm speechless.

You've been a good bud here at SA and I hope all is well with you and your loved ones.

As Mike said.. if you need anything, you know where to find me as well. :tt02:

Stlrs4Life
04-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Good Luck Steelerfan. Hope everything works out for ya.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-08-2007, 10:45 AM
I told this to Dan before, that he is and always will be as much a part of SA as applepie is to America. The same goes for Mrs S.

Whether Dan is here as an owner, staff member, member or any other status, he is and always will be respected to the utmost degree. The reasons he has for stepping down are his own and personal but he knows no matter what that SA is in good hands and that we'll all be here to keep SA alive and well for a long time to come.

Steelersfan
04-08-2007, 11:42 AM
Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I will miss being here talking to you all but it is something I have to do. Some things in life are just more important than a message board.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-08-2007, 11:59 AM
I understand totally SF. Just don't be a stranger and post from time to time. We will miss you man. Thank for for starting this site and all that you did for it. Best of luck to you bro.

House of Steel
04-08-2007, 11:59 AM
You're welcome, Dan. You deserve it all. Your a brother to all of us and we love you and your wife dearly. You are a legend here. Matt is going to carry that legacy and the flames you laid down for SA. It is hard to say it will never be the same here without you.

Forged in Steel
04-08-2007, 02:26 PM
Good luck Steelerfan!

SteelerFan87
04-09-2007, 10:30 AM
The way I see it, the only change is SF's title. Here at SA, it doesn't matter if you're the owner, a mod, or just a regular member. Your opinion matters just as much, and everyone is equal.

Dan, I hope you'll still be sure to drop by whenever you can and keep being such a great member.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-09-2007, 10:35 AM
That's the way it will stay too. Everybody on SA is important and we value everyone's opinions. We wouldn't have it any other way :bigthumb:

Hburg
04-09-2007, 12:07 PM
I love SA ....and with TG running it we know 2 things:

1) The site will always have an owner who cares about the forum and the people in it (just like SF did)

2) TG won't be the man who builds the site and later gets banned for no reason

I will say that as sad as I am to see SF step down from owner of the site (although he better not disappear-if he does I got connections up in Maine and I will find his ***) I am very excited to hear that the site is in the good hands of TG. The site is now based right out of my own backyard and for me what better way to represent the Central PA Steeler Nation than to have the best Steelers forum around rooted right here!

BuFu

BlacknGold Bleeder
04-10-2007, 11:46 AM
WOW,:dunno:,:scratch: I go away for a couple of days and miss all sorts of activity.
First off, SF sorry to see ya go.:hail: I hope whatever it is that had you step down works out for you. Definitely hope to see ya around, even though you may not want to see some of us!! LOL IMHO this is the best STEELER site on the web !!:tt02: Thanks again for creating a site where all of us misfits can come together and have a GREAT place to enjoy !! :bigthumb: :beer4:

TG, man you got some big shoes to fill, but I also know that you are more than capable of it !! The staff that has been put in place is second to none and hopefully everyone will give you the same respect that SF had.

SF hope to see ya around and thanks again for creating this site !!

Koopa
04-12-2007, 01:20 AM
i know i've already posted in this thread but at the time i was pretty much speechless and then i was reading all the comments, and i feel i have to give a shout out to AZ, he was barely mentioned when ppl talked about the new ownership, and i feel he too deserves some mention, he's done a lot for this site, without him our homepage would probably be a POS....him and tg are gonna make one hell of a admin duo................

it still sucks to see steelersfan go. you've always been kind to me even though i'm a pain in the *** at times :lol:......but SA will live on just as TSZ did..........take care of yo **** and hope to see you around when whatever is going on in your life is taken care.......... peace out :tt02: :tt02:

AZ_Steeler
04-12-2007, 02:02 AM
i know i've already posted in this thread but at the time i was pretty much speechless and then i was reading all the comments, and i feel i have to give a shout out to AZ, he was barely mentioned when ppl talked about the new ownership, and i feel he too deserves some mention, he's done a lot for this site, without him our homepage would probably be a POS....him and tg are gonna make one hell of a admin duo................

it still sucks to see steelersfan go. you've always been kind to me even though i'm a pain in the *** at times :lol:......but SA will live on just as TSZ did..........take care of yo **** and hope to see you around when whatever is going on in your life is taken care.......... peace out :tt02: :tt02:

Thanks for the shout out Koop! :bigthumb:

Steelerlyn
04-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Koopa, you took all the words pretaining to this whole subject right out of my mouth. I, too, was dumbfounded, in fact , I don't think I did make a post in this thread, I did send Dan and Mrs a pm. No one person makes anything like this succeed it is a team, an administrative team and all the members together make a site what it is gonna be. Chris (AZ) is sometimes overlooked because maybe he has never done this before so his talents were completely hidden whereas Matt (Top Gun) has been around, in the administrative level, on at least one other Steeler site for a few years, so many of us "knew" him and his abilities.
AZ has done a remarkable job and I, for one, am very proud of him! Chris is a very talented young man. As is the rest of the staff :bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Chris is a perfectionist when it comes to this type of thing, if you think the SA homepage is great now, just wait to see what he's got in store for the next version in the future :bigthumb: :clap:

Im sure glad he's on our side, I couldn't ask for a better guy to work with everyday on Steeler Addicts :yesnod:

BB2W
04-13-2007, 12:01 AM
Good point Koopa... your contributions don't go unnoticed AZ. :bigthumb:

AZ_Steeler
04-13-2007, 02:01 AM
Thanks everyone... Lyn is right though it's not one person it's a team effort around here.