PDA

View Full Version : NAJEH DAVENPORT

BRICKTOWN BEAST
04-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Some people think we need to pick up another bruiser in the draft but I think Davenport gets the job done. Bill Cower even put him as kick returner last year because special team players weren't to excited about meeting him head on. hes 6-1 247 and Micael Bush is 6-3 253 and Hunt is 6-0 230. Davenport's 28 years old so down the line we will need a good back up for Parker but for now I think we should spend our pick on a lineman, reciever, or corner before we look for another back in the later rounds.

K Train
04-03-2007, 04:38 PM
Some people think we need to pick up another bruiser in the draft but I think Davenport gets the job done. Bill Cower even put him as kick returner last year because special team players weren't to excited about meeting him head on. hes 6-1 247 and Micael Bush is 6-3 253 and Hunt is 6-0 230. Davenport's 28 years old so down the line we will need a good back up for Parker but for now I think we should spend our pick on a lineman, reciever, or corner before we look for another back in the later rounds.

Najeh is weak, hes a fat willie parker, bush and hunt are bruisers.....he really cant get the job done, hes a nice returner and runs a nice screen....not much more to him

Koopa
04-03-2007, 04:39 PM
the problem is, dookie is not a bruiser, he's just big, but he's soft and tries to use his speed to get past ppl not power......he is a willie type running back that is fat

BRICKTOWN BEAST
04-03-2007, 04:50 PM
I never said Davenport was a bruiser but when he gets his 4 n inches first down next year (I TOLD YOU SO). But I would love to see another bus in our backfield but not this year unless its TONY HUNT. and since were on the subject of bruisers, Brandon Jacobs of the Giants... is nothing more of garbage and should fall on a knife.

Koopa
04-03-2007, 04:54 PM
when Davenport gets that 4 n inches first down next year you'll sadly second guess yourself even though I would really love to see another bus in our backfield. and since were on the subject of bruisers, Brandon Jacobs of the Giants... is nothing more of garbage and should fall on a knife.

he couldn't even pound the ball in to the endzone on 3 tries this past season........don't get me wrong, i like dookie, but he's soft, he's is not a power back, and he doesn't use his size to his advantage, he much rather try to beat someone then go through them.......he's a good 3rd down back cause of the screens

K Train
04-03-2007, 04:55 PM
im not saying he cant get that 4th and inches....im just sayin that i'll credit dan kreider and alan faneca for it because najeh is weak. Brnadon Jacobs is an animal, and he will be even more as he plays more, he cranks out TDs and ive seen that man kill 5 patriots on his way to the endzone on a 60 yards run.....its not easy being overshadowed by tiki barber, when that happens people tell you to go fall on a knife

BRICKTOWN BEAST
04-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Wow jacobs fumbles on the goaline and i remeber once he couldnt get a first down. He mostly follows his blockers and pretends the ball is his baby. So what if he ran over patriots thier pu$$ys anyway. If he plays good this year i will gain more respect for him but as of now i hope a samari sword is his coach.

K Train
04-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Giants suck *** so this isnt a legit argument.....point is, big backs like Michael bush and tony hunt are better than big backs like najeh

Black@Gold Forever32
04-03-2007, 06:12 PM
All I have to say is if Willie went down with serious injury would you really be comfortable with Dookie as your main RB? Thats why the Steelers need to address RB in the first day of the draft.

K Train
04-03-2007, 06:22 PM
it doesnt even have to be a bruiser...just a good RB would suffice

Black@Gold Forever32
04-03-2007, 06:24 PM
it doesnt even have to be a bruiser...just a good RB would suffice

In total agreement.:bigthumb:

K Train
04-03-2007, 06:28 PM
everyone seems to want the next bus....isnt gonna happen, if the next RB to tear up the turf at heinz field is chris henry or garrett wolfe then so be it...the bus was a one of a kind player, cant just replace him with any big man carrying the football

BRICKTOWN BEAST
04-03-2007, 06:42 PM
nobody can ever be the next bus. But a running back with the amount of power in one of Jerome Bettis fingers is the type of guy I would like to see in black and gold.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-03-2007, 07:11 PM
I like Davenport and I think we owe him the benefit of the doubt to see what he can do now that he's been with us for a year. He came in after the season was started, and then didn't even play for a month after that. I think he's got potential so Im anxious to see what he's got. He is an added bonus in the return game.

I still want us to draft a RB that is a pure power guy just so we have options this year and we're not stuck if somebody doesnt work out.

steelcitysfinestXL
04-03-2007, 09:16 PM
I like Davenport and I think we owe him the benefit of the doubt to see what he can do now that he's been with us for a year. He came in after the season was started, and then didn't even play for a month after that. I think he's got potential so Im anxious to see what he's got. He is an added bonus in the return game.

I still want us to draft a RB that is a pure power guy just so we have options this year and we're not stuck if somebody doesnt work out.
:plus1: i like Najeh as well, lets give him a year and see what he's got as solid number 2 back this year

SteelerSteve
04-04-2007, 01:18 AM
I think it would be sweet if we could get michael turner off a trade or free agency.

K Train
04-04-2007, 01:19 AM
wow for a first and 3rd round pick....i'll pass

K Train
04-15-2007, 04:00 AM
I never said Davenport was a bruiser but when he gets his 4 n inches first down next year (I TOLD YOU SO). But I would love to see another bus in our backfield but not this year unless its TONY HUNT. and since were on the subject of bruisers, Brandon Jacobs of the Giants... is nothing more of garbage and should fall on a knife.

i dont get what you say about Jacobs, he doesnt always get the yards a 260 pound back should get but thats due to the defense not respecting mannings ability at all...Jacobs is an animal and runs with pure hatred.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-15-2007, 11:39 AM
You have to like it when you have a player that just plays with a chip on his shoulder. Jerome did that for a long time in his career, like he had something to prove when the Rams let him go. You get a guy focused like that and playing mean, he can be a beast!

BlackGold4vr
04-15-2007, 01:28 PM
:plus1: i like Najeh as well, lets give him a year and see what he's got as solid number 2 back this year

Dookie should hope that Hunt isn't drafted by us because he would flat out take the #2 spot from Davenport. Davenpot would probably start the year as the number 2 but before the year was over he would be the #3 IMO. As long as the coach is gonna be fair and play people according to performance there is no way that Davenport could outperform Hunt. Davenport isn't even a power back! Tomlin would not be able to help himself from promoting Hunt to the #2 because of the havoc he would be causing for opposing defenses. This is about who makes our team the best it can be and not about who we like the most isn't it?

G | C | YDS | AVG | TD'S
2004 Penn State 11 | 169 | 777 | 4.6 | 7
2005 Penn State 12 | 174 |1047 | 6.0 | 6
2006 Penn State 13 | 277 |1386 | 5.0 | 11

This is the best "big" back in the draft in terms of size, power and ability to carry the load (25 to 30 carries per game) on a consistent basis at the next level. He may lack ideal straight-line speed -- he'll likely run in the mid-4.5s --but he gets better throughout the game and can pound a defense for four quarters.

Imagine playing this spread offense with 4 wide and either Willie or Tony as a single back running against 6 in the box. I smell a lot of 20+ yd running plays.