PDA

View Full Version : Troy missing tackles...

AZ_Steeler
08-26-2006, 04:13 PM
I was watching the game from last night again and I started to notice a pattern with a Troy... he was missing some tackles! I started counting and I came up with at least 5... This count isn't official by no means but it's more of an observation on my part.

It was getting disturbing watching it because some of the Eagles were going throuhg his tackles and some of the misses were just big wiffs! Anyone notice this from Troy?

BlitzburghRockCity
08-26-2006, 05:26 PM
Most of the defense was missing tackles, dropping sure interceptions, not getting pressure on the QB...overall I chalk it up to it being preseason and nobody as far as vets are concerned is going 100% and really being into the game until it starts to count.

But yes I noticed it too...

Steelersfan
08-26-2006, 08:07 PM
it very well could have been becuase it was a preseason game like BRC said. I don't see many starters on any team going near %100. I'm more worried about the way our o-line played than anything.

Stairwayto7
08-26-2006, 11:06 PM
I saw the same thing but did not want to saya anything. I hope he will lay it on the line once they matter.

PITT23
08-26-2006, 11:09 PM
I remember a few times last year he did it but it was easy to see why. Sometimes he gets ready to hit a guy so hard and knock the slobber our of him that he leans with his shoulder and doesn't wrap the guy up. If the runner puts a simple juke on him then Troy flies way around and the guy keeps moving. I didnt really see it in this game because I wasn't always watching but maybe that was why?

Steelersfan
08-26-2006, 11:28 PM
I don't think he was playing full speed. But yes Troy does fly around like crazy at times. If he starts missing tackles during the season I will be concerned. But for all I know he was just trying to stay healthy for the regular season. I'm surprised he hasn't been dinged up yet with the way he hits.....lol

Blitzburgh55
08-27-2006, 12:41 AM
Troy is justing resting up for the season

Stairwayto7
08-27-2006, 10:25 AM
Also on ething to add is the fact that Troy is a ball hawk, he is always trying to strip the ball or knock it out of someones hands. This will cuase some mistackles also. But when he does rip it out, and we recover the fumble, you soon forget those couple mistackles