PDA

View Full Version : Coclough hasn't shown much

BlitzburghRockCity
08-25-2006, 11:03 PM
Sitting here watching the beagle game against our Steelers he just got burnt for a 61 yd TD. He hasnt shown much at all last year and he's not showing much in preseason. His job is on the line especially with players like McFadden waiting in the wings to get more playing time and really stepping up to the challenge.

PITT23
08-25-2006, 11:07 PM
I think his career is over very soon, at least with us. It's been three years now and generally if a player hasn't done much after three years then he starts looking for a new job. I just don't know what is going to happen with him.

Prosdo
08-26-2006, 02:00 AM
I think he is pretty much gone. They may give him this year to prove himself, but after that he is done. He needs to step it up. McFadden is only in his second year and is looking so much better than him.

PITT23
08-26-2006, 02:05 AM
Looking back, if Coclough was playing in that Indy game instead of McFadden on that last drive then we would not have been Super Bowl champs. McFadden doesnt get beat like Coclough and made a great play to break up that pass where Ricardo wouldnt have done anything to stop it.

Blitzburgh55
08-26-2006, 03:35 AM
He just not that good and he sucks at kick returns

BlitzburghRockCity
08-26-2006, 07:25 AM
His closing speed sux too, when he got burnt on that 61 yd TD and ended up getting out of position he couldnt close on Greg Lewis for anything.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-26-2006, 12:02 PM
Ricardo Colclouch has shown something. He has shown how not to play corner at the NFL level thats for sure.

Steelersfan
08-26-2006, 02:13 PM
I'd have to say he is probably gone this year. It's getting a little crowded in the secondary (which is good!) and he would be last on my list to keep.

AZ_Steeler
08-26-2006, 05:19 PM
Ricardo showed some trmendous speed last year! But you all are right, he can't close the gap and is more fluff than anything. I thought he looked good in the Cardinal game acting like he could have had a couple of picks, but watching those particular plays again he was no where close to the ball!

The big thing is going to be what happens with Ike, because if the FO lets him go, then all of a sudden our secondary isn't looking so deep. Ricardo has definitely taken some steps back and hasn't improved one bit.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-26-2006, 06:28 PM
Ike says he wants to come back next year but if he doesnt, McFadden will step right in but we'll definately need to address that depth !

Prosdo
08-26-2006, 07:08 PM
I agree Matt. Depth is going to become an issue. Townsend is moving up and years and Coc not getting it done. It looks like next year we will draft some more CBs.

Steelersfan
08-26-2006, 09:01 PM
Hopefully we will have Ike and McFadden starting in the next year or two and keep Townsend around to help in the dime or nickel. We still have 3 or 4 pretty good safeties too. But either way we will need to draft a CB or two in the coming drafts.

suitanim
08-28-2006, 08:20 PM
Wow, this is really surprising talk. Cowher has already compared Coke's progress this year with Ike's last year, and that is in no way shape or form surprising, considering that both came from small schools and we all knew they'd need a couple years of reps to get into the groove. If Coke is making THAT kind of progress, not only will he not be cut, he could very well find himself taking over at CB providing he can beat out McFadden for the nickel back spot.

I will admit that I was wrong about Townsend. He continues to perform at a very high level, high enough to keep to "comers" like Coke and McF out of the starting lineup...

BlitzburghRockCity
08-28-2006, 08:30 PM
I just havent seen enough in Coc to impress me enough to consider making him anymore than a backup right now. He continually gets beat deep in the secondary and his kickoff return game is nothing special. He's done well in the last 2 preseasons but this one so far he's not done that much IMO. If he beats out McFadden for more playing time this year at all, barring injury, I'll give you 5000 points Suit ! :greengrin:

suitanim
08-28-2006, 08:38 PM
Actually, that's interesting, because I think he's almost always in position...take away that play (where his deep help was gone) and he's looked good in the preseason...

I have a feeling that, provided Townsend gets/stays healthy, it's still Deshea's job to lose.