PDA

View Full Version : Chances of Big Ben retiring as steeler

SteelerSteve
03-31-2007, 02:28 AM
What does everybody think the chances are of Roethlisberger retiring as a Steeler? or at least spend the majority of his career with us? cause I really think this guy will be the future for us. I also think he needs to grow his beard back.lol

SteelersWoman
03-31-2007, 02:36 AM
I think the chances are pretty good that he'll be here for awhile. IMO, they're not gonna let a "franchise QB" go without a good fight. I also agree that the beard needs to come back! lol

SteelerSteve
03-31-2007, 02:39 AM
Yeah cause I love this guy. I know there are skeptics, but this year they will be proven wrong.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-31-2007, 05:12 AM
It all depends on Ben. If he bounces back and has a solid year like he did his first 2 in the league, then yes I believe he Rooney's will do all they can to keep him here. They'll never overpay anybody though, we've seen that time and time again so it's going to be up to Ben as much as it is the Rooney's to make sure they can agree on a fair number.

Signing a QB to an extension is a lot more difficult than resigning any other position no matter what it is. Assuming Ben has a good year this year and continues to do so, you can bet he'll command top dollar in the market, a market the Steelers have not had to deal with in a very LONG time since we haven't had a franchise QB since really Terry Bradshaw. Sure I guess you could say Kordell we thought was going to be one when they gave him that huge deal just before Heinz was built but overall Ben is the biggest player we'll have to sign when the time comes.

jayson_wv
03-31-2007, 11:22 AM
i don't think there is an answer to this question at the present time. depends on how he plays in the future.

SteelersfaninPhilly
03-31-2007, 11:52 AM
50/50

K Train
03-31-2007, 12:14 PM
well it really depends, if he plays like he used to, like he showed us he still could down that final stretch last year....he'll be around. He is signed through the 09 season i believe, by then we should be looking at the prime of his career, and if he ever hits that high point in his prime you better beleive its gonna be something special since he is still so young and has accomplished so much. Hes a winner...plain and simple and minus last year (which i will refer to as the dark year we wish not to speak of) he has done great things for us, and mabey, just mabey not having cowher baby the nshit out of him will be the best thing that ever happened to him. Most QBs dont have there breakout year until year 3-4....people forget that ben is still a young guy, who knows, mabey that year will be this year and he'll come out and light up the sky.

House of Steel
03-31-2007, 12:20 PM
Awesome post, K-train. That is one of the best post I've read that you've written. Big Props to you. I agree, we will worry about that in 2009. Right now, witness and live the greatest times in being a Steelers Fan.

jasonbay
03-31-2007, 03:29 PM
I think its pretty much 85% he plays the majority of his career with the Steelers , 50/50 he plays his whole career , and about 60% that he plays at least 10 yrs , I think he might play like 1-2 yrs outside of the Steelers.

Koopa
03-31-2007, 03:33 PM
It all depends on Ben. If he bounces back and has a solid year like he did his first 2 in the league, then yes I believe he Rooney's will do all they can to keep him here. They'll never overpay anybody though, we've seen that time and time again so it's going to be up to Ben as much as it is the Rooney's to make sure they can agree on a fair number.

Signing a QB to an extension is a lot more difficult than resigning any other position no matter what it is. Assuming Ben has a good year this year and continues to do so, you can bet he'll command top dollar in the market, a market the Steelers have not had to deal with in a very LONG time since we haven't had a franchise QB since really Terry Bradshaw. Sure I guess you could say Kordell we thought was going to be one when they gave him that huge deal just before Heinz was built but overall Ben is the biggest player we'll have to sign when the time comes.

i don't think it's the most difficult, how many legit starting qb's do you see on the move every year?? pretty much none....... when ben proves the haters wrong, he'll be here for the rest of his career......... we usually don't pay very much, but all those position we let go are easily replaced......qb's ain't, so i think the rooney's would pay ben if ben proves last year was a fluke........

K Train
03-31-2007, 03:37 PM
im more worried about signing troy right now, theres a guy you cant just replace...we'll worry about ben when the time comes

jasonbay
03-31-2007, 03:39 PM
actually getting both is important in many ways , losing either would be killer . Who else would we use as a QB ? And look how the D was when Polamalu wasnt at full steam. Also when is Roeth contract up ? Isnt Polamalu up after next season?

K Train
03-31-2007, 03:42 PM
polomalu is after this season i think, mabey next, ben is signed through 09 i think

BBC
03-31-2007, 04:20 PM

Exactly. If he continues to play like he did last season, then we probably won't see much more of Ben in Pittsburgh.

But if I had to make a guess, I'd say he'll bounce back after last season, use it as a learning experience, and be back to what he used to be, and he'll spend most, if not all of his career in Pittsburgh.

Right now, witness and live the greatest times in being a Steelers Fan.

You must not have been around for the seventies...

DIESELMAN
03-31-2007, 04:52 PM
Ben is the first QB we've had since Bradshaw who shows he can get it done for the Steelers. Last year was a crap year not just for Ben but for the whole team, I'm sure Ben will comeback from that and show why we picked him as our franchise QB. Will he retire as a Steeler? who knows. I would love to see that but there are so many things that could happen between now and then that its impossible to foresee. In the next few years salaries will probably shyrocket even more, if and when starting QB's sign 7yr-200 million dollar deals will the Rooneys pony up? Don't say that will never happen cuz in the NFL anything can happen on any given sunday.

Koopa
03-31-2007, 04:56 PM
Exactly. If he continues to play like he did last season, then we probably won't see much more of Ben in Pittsburgh.

But if I had to make a guess, I'd say he'll bounce back after last season, use it as a learning experience, and be back to what he used to be, and he'll spend most, if not all of his career in Pittsburgh.

i think he'll bounce back too, he started improving down the stretch, he just had such a horrible first half, it made any improvement look nonexistent......and when the ravens made him their bitch it made it look even worse, but he did show improvements...........

so i think he'll be back to his old self on the field

BBG7
03-31-2007, 05:06 PM
I agree koopa...it's hard to look beyond the beginning of the season...but looking at his career with us, leads me to believe he will bounce back strong!

TEEMONT
04-01-2007, 11:23 AM
I just hope he proves me wrong.....but we'll see.

Stlrs4Life
04-01-2007, 12:05 PM
I think the chances are pretty good that he'll be here for awhile. IMO, they're not gonna let a "franchise QB" go without a good fight. I also agree that the beard needs to come back! lol

I agree, but don't really care if he brings back the beard or not.

House of Steel
04-01-2007, 12:19 PM
You must not have been around for the seventies...

I was born in 74, so what 4 year old would understand the Steelers back then???? Growing up around Browns fans, I never had a chance to see it. So, I had to witness all the 70s when I was 10 years old. I know that was some of the greatest times being a Steeler fan. We are going to experience another perfection with Ben and company is what I am saying.

SteelerNation
04-03-2007, 11:25 PM
It will all depend on what he does this year if he comes back with a good year and shows he recoverd but if not i see him not being with the steelers to much longer all pending though!