PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to get that 3rd WR spot

BlitzburghRockCity
08-25-2006, 10:03 PM
Hines & Cedric have the top 2 spots nailed down but if Nate Washington continues to step up he'll get that 3rd position down over Holmes & Reid...atleast to start the season.

Especially if God forbid Hines' hamstring takes longer to heal, we're gonna need all the healthy bodies we can get !

AZ_Steeler
08-25-2006, 10:25 PM
I would say it's a toss up between Washington and Reid. Both have been awesome so far this preseason, but Washington will get the edge because of his experience over Reid. Holmes still has a lot of catching up to do and I haven't really seen anything all that impressive from him.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-25-2006, 10:50 PM
I like Reid in the return game alot more than what Ive seen of Holmes too. So far atleast Holmes hasn't shown much returning kicks..he just runs up into the pile and gets tackled.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-25-2006, 10:54 PM
BC says the running game and OL needs work but Ben looks good !

PITT23
08-25-2006, 11:41 PM
Here's my thoughts (from my WR preview):

From what I've seen during this year's camp and preseason, the number two receiver will be Cedric Wilson with Nate Washington coming in as the number three wideout. Both are doing quite well this year and have shown in the past what they are capable of doing. Neither of them are exceptionally big (5' 10" and 6' 1" respectively) and neither will ever win any MVP awards but they are as good if not the best number two and three receivers in the AFC.

Other guys include draft picks Santonio Holmes and Willie Reid. Holmes will likely get more receptions than Reid but both will likely play a large role returning kicks and punts. Lee Mays and Quincy Morgan will get a smaller amount of playing time but their importance to the team might come on the trade block.

Blitzburgh55
08-25-2006, 11:49 PM
What about Morgan he looked good but i think Nate will get it

Prosdo
08-26-2006, 01:58 AM
I'm going to go with Nate. Last camp he really impressed me and is still doing so. He is becoming one of my favorites.

CrunchieJD
08-26-2006, 08:50 AM
I don't think Santonio Holmes has showed much in camp so far at all compared to Willie Reid. Nate Washington and Willie Reid definately have an edge on him so far.

Steelerlyn
08-26-2006, 11:10 AM
I like Reid in the return game alot more than what Ive seen of Holmes too. So far atleast Holmes hasn't shown much returning kicks..he just runs up into the pile and gets tackled.

In theory I agree and in practice, given that Reid's done pretty well by the accounts I've seen. :2cents:

House of Steel
08-29-2006, 12:14 AM
This is a great debate!!! You guys got some great points coming across. I am not sold on Santonio Holmes just yet. He is still getting slow on learning that playbook, however, we do have a very talented receiving corps.

Depth Chart prediction by the Steeler Maniac:
1. Hines Ward
2. Cedrick Wilson
3. Nate Washington

I still believe the 4, 5, and 6 slots are still up for grabs.

4. Santonio Holmes
5. Willie Reid
6. Quincy Morgan.

Some are saying Morgan is history, I sure hope not, he has shown some brilliance this pre-season and in camp. I hope we keep 6 on board. I really am enjoying what is about to become one of the best receiving corps in the NFL in the coming seasons ahead.

Steelerlyn
08-29-2006, 01:17 AM

I would mind seeing us cut corners (not cornerbacks) elsewhere to go with these 6:
Ward
Wilson
Washington
Morgan
Holmes
Reid ( I am not thrilled about this one)

But I think we could even conceivably keep 7, since all of our return men would come from this list. Morey is competing against Iwuoma and the like, in my mind. It might mean that we only have 4 active RBs in Parker, Staley, (not thrilled w/Staley either) Krieder, Haynes and have Kuhn and another RB on the practice squad.
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-29-2006, 01:34 AM
Reid has done very well this year so far in camp and in the preseason..he seems like the real deal but we'll see how the season goes.

House of Steel
08-29-2006, 11:06 AM
Cutting Reid would be a big mistake. Reid is going to be our return man, Lyn. He is flat out awesome on the return team. I like what I see thus far. He is a great acquisition.

Steelerlyn
08-29-2006, 12:49 PM
LOL I must have missed that part of the game. I hope you are right I hope he comes through and makes me eat crow! (whatever that is) LOL :lol:

House of Steel
08-29-2006, 01:26 PM
Don't worry about it, Lyn. Reid will be fine. I think Holmes needs another year yet of learning the playbook and the mentoring, although, he will see some playing time this year, and should get better by each game. He should become something very special in the future.