View Full Version : Cornerback

Blitzburgh55
03-30-2007, 11:09 PM
Ive been thinkin Why is everyone against a CB in the 1st round
We have really no great CBs but we got solid LBs coompared to are CBs

Koopa
03-30-2007, 11:11 PM
ok, don't post no more :lol:

our linebackers are the reason our corners weren't so good, i know you allow espn to form your opinion, but you need to stop that.......our linebackers sucked last year, they couldn't get to the qb for ****, which made it worse for our secondary

ike is solid, and could be a pro bowler type player

mcfadden is up and coming

townsend is nice depth

we do not need a corner in the first

Blitzburgh55
03-30-2007, 11:13 PM

our linebackers are the reason our corners weren't so good, i know you allow espn to form your opinion, but you need to stop that.......our linebackers sucked last year, they couldn't get to the qb for ****, which made it worse for our secondary

townsend is nice depth

ESPN has the Steelers Taking A LB Lawerance Timmions

I have no faith in Ike and very little in Towsend
Mcfadden will be good but thats about it

DIESELMAN
03-30-2007, 11:13 PM
LMAO!!!

townsend is nice depth

:bigthumb: Couldn't have said it better, plus with Tomlin aboard that will help our secondary quite a bit.

K Train
03-30-2007, 11:14 PM
we have 2 solid CBs, Mcfadden has been a beast in the limited time hes played, Ike isnt to blame for last year, how could you give up on him already?

whos good enough to take in the first round?

Hall-Overrated
Hughes-Has slipped alot
Ross-good size, but not 15th pick material
Revis-Probably a fan favorite
Mcauley-I dont really care for him, has some upside though

Houston might be worth it, but its not a need that we have, your going with the mocks if your saying we need a CB in the first

Koopa
03-30-2007, 11:18 PM
ESPN has the Steelers Taking A LB Lawerance Timmions

I have no faith in Ike and very little in Towsend
Mcfadden will be good but thats about it

what i mean by espn, i mean you let the higher up's in the media tell form your opinion, it's clear that's how you roll, you're young though so i understand

you have no faith in ike??? i bet you loved him in 2005......... cowher didn't allow him to get better, cowher kept ****ing with his head......tomlin will bring the real

townsend is solid as a backup not a starter

do you actually follow the steelers??? or are you like the espnews commercial?? talking out your a.....ignorance, ignorance

Blitzburgh55
03-30-2007, 11:25 PM
what i mean by espn, i mean you let the higher up's in the media tell form your opinion, it's clear that's how you roll, you're young though so i understand

you have no faith in ike??? i bet you loved him in 2005......... cowher didn't allow him to get better, cowher kept ****ing with his head......tomlin will bring the real

townsend is solid as a backup not a starter

do you actually follow the steelers??? or are you like the espnews commercial?? talking out your a.....ignorance, ignorance

I never had a faith and in Ike really And i all im saying is that i wouldnt mind if the steelers drafted a CB

Just cuze im a couple years younger than u dosent mean i no less about the steelers than you

K Train
03-31-2007, 12:56 AM
blitz i'll bet you 100k we dont take a corner in the first round

Blitzburgh55
03-31-2007, 01:02 AM
blitz i'll bet you 100k we dont take a corner in the first round

No way you got 15mill i got 200k So no

House of Steel
03-31-2007, 01:03 AM
Hey K Train, can we say chicken **** on this little pud? :rofl:

K Train
03-31-2007, 01:07 AM
fine i'll give you 3:1 what ever you bet me i'll match it by 3x

House of Steel
03-31-2007, 01:10 AM
Damn, 3:1, I would take that in a heartbeat knowingly Blitz got one hell of a long odd of winning.

Blitzburgh55
03-31-2007, 01:14 AM
No bet
I no their not gonna take one but i wouldnt mind

steelcitysfinestXL
03-31-2007, 04:26 PM

townsend is nice depth

Right on! Lack of a pass rush will kill a secondary faster than anything. David Carr could have thrown for over 250 on us last year. Plus look at the field of corners we have vs. whos in the draft. McFadden- soon to be pro-bowl material, Ike- will show you why we resigned him to a nice sized contract in 06' plus he SHUTS DOWN your boy Chad Johnson every year. Deshea- will most likely lose hit starting spot this season but he will still be a solid guy in the depth chart. And dont forget Colclough, he showed signs of brightness late in the 05' season as did McFadden. If Iwoama can step in and play a lil on passing downs we have a nice compliment of CB's already. But when did Hall become overated, he is still the best CB in the draft IMHO!!! But no we wont take him...

K Train
03-31-2007, 04:35 PM
i think houston or revis are the best corners, hall got raped by jarrett and ginn in back to back games...way to step up in the biggest games of your life right before you turn pro.

Also, cocfaces brightness was non existant, he got thrashed by greg lewis twice in the preseason game, and he just ****ed up in general in the limited time he played last year. he is so inconsistant its not even funny, just some dead weight who was another one of cowhers guys.

as much as i like chidi, hes a career special teamer, but good enough at it to keep around imo

steelcitysfinestXL
03-31-2007, 04:48 PM
Huh, good points... i havent given up on Colclough yet, lets see what Tomlin can do w/ him. Chidi is ST's for life. Hall is still the best CB in this draft, Ginn and Jarrett destroyed EVERYBODY they played against this year. So lets not put that all on him. He is the best at the position and will have an easier transition into the NFL. Reevis, im not sold... and i LIVE IN PITTSBURGH, LOL. Houston is a SICK Athelete but he will have a lil harder time then Reevis and Hall will adjusting to playing corner in the pro's i think. I

K Train
03-31-2007, 04:52 PM
Huh, good points... i havent given up on Colclough yet, lets see what Tomlin can do w/ him. Chidi is ST's for life. Hall is still the best CB in this draft, Ginn and Jarrett destroyed EVERYBODY they played against this year. So lets not put that all on him. He is the best at the position and will have an easier transition into the NFL. Reevis, im not sold... and i LIVE IN PITTSBURGH, LOL. Houston is a SICK Athelete but he will have a lil harder time then Reevis and Hall will adjusting to playing corner in the pro's i think. I

well i think overall this year is weak at CB, as well as last year...the only corner worth a first round last year was cromartie. I just cant get on the leon hall bandwagon....we dont need a corner anyway so who cares lol.

Mabey tomlin will be great for cocface, mabey even good enough to make me stop refering to him as cocface, but i think hes a scrub...i hope im wrong

kgreen
03-31-2007, 07:52 PM
Ive been thinkin Why is everyone against a CB in the 1st round
We have really no great CBs but we got solid LBs coompared to are CBs

I was just thinking that when I was looking at 3 football draft magazines today. I mean I wouldn't be a bad idea plus the depth this year at OLB/DE is huge. Try think of a time when a long-term starter at LB for us came in the first round (Kendrell Bell doesn't count). It never works that way for us. Kevin Colbert never takes LBs in the first round or second round for that matter. Knowing how we draft, I would not be suprised or angry if they draft a CB.

K Train
03-31-2007, 08:04 PM
but the thing is, we used to be able to get superstars in the later rounds because no one wanted that kind of player, everyone is looking for the tweener LB now and that makes coming across them much harder, we have to take waht we can get....things have changed over the last few years

BlitzburghNation
03-31-2007, 09:18 PM
:deadhorse: Don't know if it's smokescreens :scratch:

But i keep hearing on sirius from numerous announcers,x-players and even on NFL network that we'll be drafting a corner in the 1st :cursin:

Plus we all know Tomlin's expertease is the secondary :popcorn:
So i wouldn't be surprised at all if we draft a corner in the 1st :greengrin:

If that happens i guess we'll all get a :greenkick:
I know i'm in the minority,but i still believe "Okoye" will be a helluva a player
He'd be a great situational player for us and eventually be a full time *** kicker :clap:

K Train
03-31-2007, 09:22 PM
I know i'm in the minority,but i still believe "Okoye" will be a helluva a player
He'd be a great situational player for us and eventually be a full time *** kicker :clap:

EVERYONE thinks hes gonna be a good player, why wouldnt they....but we are looking for an immediate impact player not a situational interior lineman :scratch:

we really have other needs, im sure there are a ton of great players out there that we could get, but we arent that complete that we can just draft players we dont need right away

BlitzburghNation
03-31-2007, 09:36 PM
[QUOTE=K Train;90401]EVERYONE thinks hes gonna be a good player, why wouldnt they....but we are looking for an immediate impact player not a situational interior lineman :scratch:

Well i believe,,,,,when he's in there he would be an impact player this year !
For instense pass rushing situation's :clap:

I just think he's a rare talent that doesn't come around that often :popcorn:

Plus we all know his age and I'd hate to pass on him,if we got the chance to get him :popcorn:

BRICKTOWN BEAST
04-03-2007, 04:38 PM
One of the reasons why i was excited about Tomlin being our hear coach was because of what he did to coverage, like the bucs and vikings had good pass defence. ours is crappy even with our bad LB play last year. We get beat deep and in the redzone, If we dont draft a cb I hope Tomlin makes our secondary at least half as good as the mel blount era. We can't have BLITZBURG if theres no coverage.

Koopa
04-03-2007, 04:56 PM
One of the reasons why i was excited about Tomlin being our hear coach was because of what he did to coverage, like the bucs and vikings had good pass defence. ours is crappy even with our bad LB play last year. We get beat deep and in the redzone, If we dont draft a cb I hope Tomlin makes our secondary at least half as good as the mel blount era. We can't have BLITZBURG if theres no coverage.

even when we did blitz there was no pressure, we are garbage up front, they can't do ****, they are all to damn slow and old.....so it made our secondary look like ****, it's funny in 05 no one talked about bad coverage, but then in 06 we couldn't get to the qb and all of sudden we have a bad secondary

BRICKTOWN BEAST
04-03-2007, 05:21 PM
05 coverage wasnt good either ike taylor getting beat by the colts, prime exapmle. If we had one shutdown corner wouldn't have half the first downs

Koopa
04-03-2007, 05:31 PM
what's with focusing on all the negatives with you, they did more good then bad, we wouldn't have won it all if it they played like you think they did, ike made chad his bitch all season........ike made a crucial int in the superbowl........ our secondary saved us against the colts, not sure if you saw mcfadden bat away balls that could've been touchdowns at the end of the games............

K Train
04-03-2007, 06:00 PM
Mcfadden fought for that ball like ive never seen anyone do before.

Ike got raped once in 05, yes we all remember it, 80 yards, Marvin Harrison...i also remember what a miserable game that was in general, then i remember bashing the colts head in in the playoffs later that year...ike got burned once badly in 05, and it was on a vicious PA pass.....no one couldve held there own in 06 with the pathetic rush we got, thats what the 3-4 is about...distrupting the passer, not man on man coverage.

And keep throwing the word lockdown corner out there, i dont know of any and would bet there isnt gonna be one again

Black@Gold Forever32
04-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Ok I agree corner isn't the biggest need and there is more important needs but if corner is the best available when the 15th pick comes around then I wouldn't mind it at all. Trust me I rather draft OLB, OL first but after Gaines Adams and Joe Thomas the rest of the OLB and OL don't thrill me at 15. Ok Levi Brown is a very good player but some question his desire for the game.

I'm a big Spencer fan but not at 15. I like Joe Staley the OT from Central Michigan alot to but I think 15 is early for him also.

As for Okoye yes the kid is going to be a beat but he is better suited for a 4-3. In a 3-4 he would play NT and we have Big Casey.

BRICKTOWN BEAST
04-03-2007, 06:09 PM
that game againts the colts was the best cb play since our final 8-8 game. mcfaddens save was great. steelers corners are great at stoping the run but ike and townsend toghether are nothing more than average at the pass. and you cant blame it all on the rush defence cause i rember getting beat so many times upfield and in the redzone, remeber BENGALS rember JAGUARS rember BRONCOS. sure if our rush was better our stats would go up but we still need a good cb in our secondary

BRICKTOWN BEAST
04-03-2007, 06:14 PM
i do have a feeling though for some reason that Ike will have a good year.

K Train
04-03-2007, 06:21 PM
i would love spencer at 15....after adams i want either spencer/moss/timmons.

how are you gonna judge mcfadden already? hes started like 2 games and he was terrific....townsend started all the other games.

ok....Bengals....yes, douchmanzaheda and Henry give us fits, ok, broncos Walker killed us after cowher sucked the confidence out of ike. but jags??????...the same jags that beat us 9-0? i would hardly call that a densive problem.....our d came to play on that game, they did everything they possibly could to keep us in the game, its not the defenses fault cowher is an idiot and started ben

Black@Gold Forever32
04-03-2007, 06:23 PM
i would love spencer at 15....after adams i want either spencer/moss/timmons.

how are you gonna judge mcfadden already? hes started like 2 games and he was terrific....townsend started all the other games.

ok....Bengals....yes, douchmanzaheda and Henry give us fits, ok, broncos Walker killed us after cowher sucked the confidence out of ike. but jags??????...the same jags that beat us 9-0? i would hardly call that a densive problem.....our d came to play on that game, they did everything they possibly could to keep us in the game, its not the defenses fault cowher is an idiot and started ben

I like Spencer to but you have think Train he probably will be there at 20-24. So why not trade down for more picks and then draft Spencer? Thats what I'm saying its all about value. Why reach for a guy at 15 when you don't have to?

strong D
04-03-2007, 06:26 PM
Ike will be better we do need depth but i dont believe with a first or second maybe with our third or fourth

K Train
04-03-2007, 06:38 PM
I like Spencer to but you have think Train he probably will be there at 20-24. So why not trade down for more picks and then draft Spencer? Thats what I'm saying its all about value. Why reach for a guy at 15 when you don't have to?

personally i think reaching is overrated, if your getting your guy and hes gonna produce for you and work hard....why not reach. also, dont you think it would boost his confidence being taken so early...why risk "hoping" hes there when you can just secure him right where you want to...in a black and gold uniform...jmo

Black@Gold Forever32
04-03-2007, 06:54 PM
personally i think reaching is overrated, if your getting your guy and hes gonna produce for you and work hard....why not reach. also, dont you think it would boost his confidence being taken so early...why risk "hoping" hes there when you can just secure him right where you want to...in a black and gold uniform...jmo

Tell me how reaching for Troy Edwards in the 1999 draft worked out?lol The Steelers could have traded down in that draft and still drafted Edwards who they had a hard on for.lol

I think we can agree Spencer is going to be around in early 20s to late 20's in the first round. From a value stand point it would be retarded to draft Spencer at 15.

K Train
04-03-2007, 06:58 PM
i said IF he was gonna produce and work hard lol.....5 picks isnt that big of a deal if you ask me

Black@Gold Forever32
04-03-2007, 07:02 PM
i said IF he was gonna produce and work hard lol.....5 picks isnt that big of a deal if you ask me

Well I guess I'm just alittle pissed still about the drafting of Troy Edwards.:bluelol: I wasn't happy when it happened.lol I guess thats why I'm so against reaching for a player. That mistake just sticks out in my mind.