PDA

View Full Version : Kick Returners

jasonbay
03-30-2007, 08:37 PM
I think we need to get someone outta of the draft for this , is there a Devin Hester type returner in the draft ?

K Train
03-30-2007, 08:44 PM
Well yes there is, im hoping willie reid will be a beast for us this year though...i forget this one guys name, hes kinda small but hes crazy good at returning. Also Tim Mixon comes to mind, he got hurt but he might be a steal. Not only is he a stud returner, hes a hell of a corner at Cal and actually thought to be better than hughes

K Train
03-30-2007, 08:46 PM
Yamon Figurs was the guy, someone made a thread about him a while back

jasonbay
03-30-2007, 08:50 PM
They really didnt give Willie Reid a chance last year did they ? All I remember is Colclough and Holmes being sub-par IMO.

Captcoolhand
03-30-2007, 08:58 PM
Well yes there is, im hoping willie reid will be a beast for us this year though...i forget this one guys name, hes kinda small but hes crazy good at returning. Also Tim Mixon comes to mind, he got hurt but he might be a steal. Not only is he a stud returner, hes a hell of a corner at Cal and actually thought to be better than hughes
here we are in his second year and still don't know what he is capible of.:dunno: I'm still looking to see what the kid can do.(sorta like most of us here)Willie Reid, its time to turn up the fire and prove why you were drafted.
I'll add him to this years draft candidates:yesnod:

K Train
03-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Well we havent seen willie because cowher was in the midst of a love affair with ricardo cocface, willie was a STUD at FSU, he doesnt like returning kicks, he LOVES it

Black@Gold Forever32
03-30-2007, 09:40 PM
But can Willie Reid recover from his foot injury. I hope so since I think he can be an elite return man in the NFL. As for kick returnes in this draft Ktrain already touched on one (the kid from Kansas State). But I like Steve Breaston from Michigan.

steelcitysfinestXL
03-31-2007, 04:36 PM
Well we havent seen willie because cowher was in the midst of a love affair with ricardo cocface, willie was a STUD at FSU, he doesnt like returning kicks, he LOVES it

Werent they both hurt last season. i dont even think Colclough returned more then 1 or 2 kicks last year. Nor did Reid. But Reid is the guy and i like davenport to cmpliment him back there. i think we are good at returner unless we get someone who can play corner too. I lOVE Hester but he couldnt cover ME!!! We dont need a retuner that bad!!!

steelcitysfinestXL
03-31-2007, 04:38 PM
here

1. Ricardo Colclough PITTSBURGH 26.0yrds avg 1 kick return
5. Willie Reid PITTSBURGH 19.0yrds avg 1 kick return

K Train
03-31-2007, 04:41 PM
Werent they both hurt last season. i dont even think Colclough returned more then 1 or 2 kicks last year. Nor did Reid. But Reid is the guy and i like davenport to cmpliment him back there. i think we are good at returner unless we get someone who can play corner too. I lOVE Hester but he couldnt cover ME!!! We dont need a retuner that bad!!!

willie got hurt because he was thrown into a game out of no where after cowher refused to dress him for the first few weeks, cocface got injured at the most "convenient" time to cover cowhers ***. I like what reid brings to the table and najeh was a beast for us. Santonio came on strong but i want him to focus on starting for us at WR, not KR. And hester was a 5th round pick who shattered KR records for the bears, i dont care about his covering ability, his vision and speed is outstanding.

jasonbay
03-31-2007, 07:52 PM
Actually Hester was a 2nd rd pick but he did shatter the records no rookie returner will put up those numbers again, I cant wait for a encore season...I know he wont reach the same numbers but even half would be great.

K Train
03-31-2007, 08:02 PM
im not sure why i had 5th round in my head :dunno:

steelcitysfinestXL
04-01-2007, 06:56 PM
Reid is gonna be just fine, he has great vision and patience as a punt returner, plus he (like Randle El) knows where he is on the field and when to let the punt go. I agree Homes should really just be focused on being a #2 WR.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-01-2007, 07:38 PM
Reid is gonna be just fine, he has great vision and patience as a punt returner, plus he (like Randle El) knows where he is on the field and when to let the punt go. I agree Homes should really just be focused on being a #2 WR.

I agree with you about Reid. Lets just hope he can stay healthy this year.