PDA

View Full Version : 2 new rules being considered for 2007

BlitzburghRockCity
03-29-2007, 12:07 PM
Just watching NFLN, they are considering 2 new rules coming up for 2007 or 2008.

- If you spike the ball in the field of play, it's a 5yd penalty (no penalty if it's in the endzone). No penalty thought for doing a dance, spinning the ball or tossing it away :scratch:

- Kickoffs in OT would be from the 35 instead of the 30.

BlitzburghNation
03-29-2007, 12:25 PM
Heard on sirius that these rules have been applied !

DIESELMAN
03-29-2007, 12:26 PM
ESPN's John Clayton reports in a 26-5-1 vote, owners adopted a rule change to penalize a player if he spikes the ball after a non-scoring play has ended. "You have a player celebrating a 3-yard slant play and spiking the ball on this great achievement," Rich McKay said sarcastically. The league felt it took too much time for the officials to chase down the ball. Plus there was the question of bad sportsmanship. In case you are wondering, the Raiders were the team that didn't vote.

DIESELMAN
03-29-2007, 12:27 PM
I thought the OT kickoff was voted against?

House of Steel
03-29-2007, 12:29 PM
It was voted for the kickoff moved to the 35 in OT, diesel cause it would make the winner of the coin toss have a harder time scoring starting deeper in their own territory. I favor this highly.

DIESELMAN
03-29-2007, 12:30 PM
Theres also a new rule for down by contact on replays, crowd noise and adopting a college rule.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2816090

BlitzburghNation
03-29-2007, 12:32 PM
Sirius updated the rule , that the kickoff also passed :scratch:
They'll be kicking off 5 yrds closer in OT :scratch:
Big Whoop,,,,,,,,That's how i feel about that :lol:

DIESELMAN
03-29-2007, 12:32 PM
It was voted for the kickoff moved to the 35 in OT, diesel cause it would make the winner of the coin toss have a harder time scoring starting deeper in their own territory. I favor this highly.

Yeah but the proposal was shot down.....

On Wednesday, NFL owners decided to table a proposal to modify the overtime system. The competition committee came up with the idea of moving kickoffs in overtime from the 30- to the 35- yard line. The change would have made it tougher for the team winning the overtime coin toss to get the winning points on the first possession. According to a competition committee study, moving kickoffs up 5 yards would mean a 5-yard difference in the start of drives in overtime.

A block of 12 to 13 opponents killed that idea. Competition co-chairman Rich McKay will survey clubs, particularly the dozen or so teams that would like to make sure each team in overtime gets a possession. McKay said he was doubtful any vote would happen this year on making an overtime change, but he's concerned about the trends because teams winning the coin toss have a distinct edge in winning overtime games.

DIESELMAN
03-29-2007, 12:34 PM
Damn now we're doin rumors on pedly rule changes :hilarious:

BlitzburghNation
03-29-2007, 12:39 PM
Damn now we're doin rumors on pedly rule changes :hilarious:

Guess we'll have to call sirius :lol: The rule they should've changed is all that
bull sh*t roughing the passer crap :nahnah:

DIESELMAN
03-29-2007, 12:47 PM
The rule they should've changed is all that bull sh*t roughing the passer crap :nahnah:

:bigthumb: You got that right...whats the football world coming too? :banging:

BlitzburghNation
03-29-2007, 12:50 PM
:bigthumb: You got that right...whats the football world coming too? :banging:

Before you know it they'll be giving the QB's flags for defender's to grab
Ooooops,,,,,,not grab,that might be roughin the passer :lol:

"Oh Yeah" Love your new avatar :bigthumb: I'm jealous,i want one :popcorn:

DIESELMAN
03-29-2007, 01:02 PM
"Oh Yeah" Love your new avatar :bigthumb: I'm jealous,i want one :popcorn:

BR7 hooked me up....make a sig request. :bigthumb:

BlitzburghNation
03-29-2007, 01:11 PM

Where's your sig :dunno: All i see is your avatar :greengrin:

Steelerlyn
03-29-2007, 02:08 PM

That guy is so talented! Your avatar and sig look just awesome!~ Br7 also did mine!~

BlitzburghNation
03-29-2007, 02:13 PM
Dammit :cursin: My WIFI won't let me see some sig's :scratch:
Must have a poor signal :scratch:
That's so weird,I can see some sig's :scratch: but not all :popcorn:

DIESELMAN
03-29-2007, 02:19 PM
Dammit :cursin: My WIFI won't let me see some sig's :scratch:
Must have a poor signal :scratch:
That's so weird,I can see some sig's :scratch: but not all :popcorn:

Your missin out on some really great sig work by BR7.

That guy is so talented!

Yes he is....and so are the rest of the graphic experts around here...:bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-29-2007, 02:35 PM
Theres also a new rule for down by contact on replays, crowd noise and adopting a college rule.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2816090

Thanks for the updated link Diesel :bigthumb:

The overtime situation will probably never be changed at this rate, there's too many that like it the way it is so I'd be really surprised if that changes at all in the near future.

BlitzburghNation
03-29-2007, 11:24 PM
I thought the OT kickoff was voted against?

You are right Deez :hail: I must've heard it wrong on sirius or they corrected there-selves one :dunno: My bad :popcorn:
Guess we are all titled to a mess up now & again :greengrin: