PDA

View Full Version : Ratbirds picked to win division in 2007, but not by Tomlin

BlitzburghRockCity
03-29-2007, 07:24 AM
Check out the quote by Tomline in this article...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07088/773462-66.stm

"They're the division champs," answered Cincinnati's Marvin Lewis. "Last year was the Steelers, right?"

Actually, the Bengals won the division at 11-5 in 2005, winning a tiebreaker with the Steelers, who then made history by winning three playoff games on the road and then the Super Bowl.

Baltimore came from a 6-10 season in 2005 to win the division at 12-4 after they acquired quarterback Steve McNair.

"I think you have to say they're the favorite," Cleveland coach Romeo Crennel said. "And Cincinnati is right there behind them."

After that, "Pittsburgh and then the Browns."

New Steelers coach Mike Tomlin did not pick his team to win it, but he left little impression how he feels about the question.

"Are you kidding? Who would you like me to say? You never have to worry about asking me that question."

OK, after the Steelers then?

I love it, he's already defying the ratbirds, and talking about how much confidence he has in us so far!

steelcurtaingal
03-29-2007, 08:59 AM
ah, he reminds me of cowher before cowher got um... fulfilled. he has alot of confidence in our team, and is not afraid to show it. great article topgun!:bigthumb:

BlackGold4vr
03-29-2007, 10:56 AM
I would say that the Ratbirds lost more talent than any other team in the AFC North. And on both sides of the ball. Plus Jonathon Ogden who is a beast for them is still contemplating retiring. Guy has been in the league for awhile and is an all-pro already so I don't think money will be the determining factor on if he comes back or not. If they lose him it would be just like us losing Faneca. Mcnair isn't getting any younger either! Age is going to start creeping up on him soon and he has taken a pounding over the course of his career.

I think the division is wide open for the taking. The only team that we all know doesn't stand a chance is the Brownies. Any of the other 3 teams have the talent to put together a good season and capture the north title.

As long as the league doesn't punish criminals too severely the Bengirls should still be able to field a team this year. :lol:

I like our chances!

:steelersrule: :champs: :towelwave:

House of Steel
03-29-2007, 11:24 AM
Ratbirds my ***. Bungholes, hell no. Browns will always be in the cellar. THIS IS THE YEAR THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS REGAIN THE THRONE. The rest of them idiots in the AFC North can go burn in a steel furance.

steeltown_heroes
03-29-2007, 12:30 PM
did anyone else notice
"They're the division champs," answered Cincinnati's Marvin Lewis. "Last year was the Steelers, right?"

Actually, the Bengals won the division at 11-5 in 2005

lol I think the bungholes finally learned who the better team is

AZ_Steeler
03-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Tomlin is really starting to grow on me... I'm not one for accepting too much change so naturally I wasn't all for a new coach, but I really like what Tomlin has to say and his attitude... especially towards the other division rivals :D

:cope:

BlitzburghNation
03-29-2007, 12:46 PM
One Word That Sums Up Our Year,,,,,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E --veryone

F--ocus

F--or

O--ne

R--eluctant

T--eam

I truly believe the steelers will win the north this year They will also make a serious run at the superbowl Tomlin will bring out everyone's best "EFFORT" according to all his players he's coached over the years
CANNOT wait for season to begin :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-29-2007, 01:02 PM
I think the division is wide open for the taking. The only team that we all know doesn't stand a chance is the Brownies. Any of the other 3 teams have the talent to put together a good season and capture the north title.

:iagree:

I can't figure out how these people actually think the Ratbirds are all that good. I mean hell they weren't that good last year and they proved it by getting ousted in the first round ! The AFCN is indeed wide open in 2007.

Damnit I hate the Ratbirds, Death to all Rats !! :cope:

House of Steel
03-29-2007, 01:31 PM
Tell us how you really feel, Matt.

TO HELL WITH THE RATBIRDS!!! I hope they die a slow, painful death to the cellar of the AFC North. I hate them jackasses.

introyitrust
03-29-2007, 01:33 PM
This article begs the question why (as a headcoach in the AFC North) pick another team to win your division? I mean even if your team has little to no chance of winning the division (i.e. Browns) doing this doesn't inspire confidence from your players and makes it seem like you don't believe you CAN win the division.
Maybe I'm looking too far into this but Crennel, and Lewis appear weak by saying the Ravens are the favorites and #1 in the division.
I'm glad Tomlin stepped up to the plate. I have to admit that I like Tomlin more and more everyday even though he has yet to coach a game. It appears to be very clear that we picked the right guy for the job.

DIESELMAN
03-29-2007, 02:00 PM
This article begs the question why (as a headcoach in the AFC North) pick another team to win your division? I mean even if your team has little to no chance of winning the division (i.e. Browns) doing this doesn't inspire confidence from your players and makes it seem like you don't believe you CAN win the division.

:bigthumb: He's a helluva coach ain't he? Crennel is a doorknob!!

I'm glad Tomlin stepped up to the plate. I have to admit that I like Tomlin more and more everyday even though he has yet to coach a game. It appears to be very clear that we picked the right guy for the job.

I'm gaining more confidence and respect for the guy every day also. Between Tomlin, LeBeau and the rest of the coaching staff, we will be very proud of our Steelers for years to come. :toot: :tt02: :toot: :tt02: :toot: :tt02:

House of Steel
03-29-2007, 02:02 PM
Crennell is a damn joke for a fat *** in Cleveland. He looks retarded on the sideline at times.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-29-2007, 02:52 PM
The Ravens lost to much talent to repeat as AFC North champs plus McNair is one more year older. I think its going to come down to the Steelers and the Bengals for the AFC North crown this year.

House of Steel
03-29-2007, 02:55 PM
If the Bengals keep getting arrested, we will get a free ride to the crown and to the Super Bowl :tt02: Keep the trouble coming you jailbird tiggers.

Steelerlyn
03-29-2007, 02:58 PM
I am real anxious to se what this seasoon brings.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-29-2007, 02:59 PM
If the Bengals keep getting arrested, we will get a free ride to the crown and to the Super Bowl :tt02: Keep the trouble coming you jailbird tiggers.

I understand that but I think the Bengals have more over all younger talent then the Ravens. The Ravens still will have that tough defense but it did take a hit with the loss of Thomas.

I just the two best teams in the AFC North is the Steelers and Bengals. The Ravens were over-rated in 2006 and they will be worse in 2007.

DIESELMAN
03-29-2007, 03:14 PM
I understand that but I think the Bengals have more over all younger talent then the Ravens. The Ravens still will have that tough defense but it did take a hit with the loss of Thomas.

I just the two best teams in the AFC North is the Steelers and Bengals. The Ravens were over-rated in 2006 and they will be worse in 2007.

Real big hit with the loss of Thomas and Lewis is another year older. I'll hesistantly give the Bungholes a 1/1,000,000,000,000,000 fraction of credit as far as talent goes. They do have it but they have no idea how to put it all together, they will give teams a run for their money and look like contenders but the very next week they will be back at each others throats pointing fingers. They don't have a winners attitude or a winners mentality.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-29-2007, 03:25 PM
Real big hit with the loss of Thomas and Lewis is another year older. I'll hesistantly give the Bungholes a 1/1,000,000,000,000,000 fraction of credit as far as talent goes. They do have it but they have no idea how to put it all together, they will give teams a run for their money and look like contenders but the very next week they will be back at each others throats pointing fingers. They don't have a winners attitude or a winners mentality.

Oh I agree with you about the Bengals but you have to consider them a threat with that talent especially on the offensive side of the ball. But you're right they still have alot of work to do to know what it takes to be winning team every year. They were 11-5 in 2005 and back to 8-8 in 2006 so that right there shows they're still lacking that winners attitude like you said. They still need to work on their defense as well.

I just hate the Ravens so bad so I wouldn't mind seeing the Browns finishing ahead of them.:bluelol: Plus I thought the Ratbirds were over-rated in 2006.

K Train
03-29-2007, 04:12 PM
I think we all agree that the browns are cemented at the bottom of the division. But i have to say i think its back to the bottom for the rats, above the browns of course but the bottom nonetheless. And the scumbags.....i just dont think they have what it takes, especially defensively. Ike will once again own chad johnson, Carson will continually be a fumbling machine, willie tears them apart, and well, we have santonio the bengal slayer to well.....take care of business.

rats have lost much more than they gained....to hell with them

SteelerFan87
03-29-2007, 04:23 PM
did anyone else notice

Actually, the Bengals won the division at 11-5 in 2005

lol I think the bungholes finally learned who the better team is

Yeah, I think that's hilarious. Bungles fans cling so desperately to their tiebreaker crown, so it must kill them that their coach acknowledges that it doesn't mean ****. :lol:

Stlrs4Life
03-29-2007, 05:08 PM
I hate the Ratbirds more than i hate the Bungles. I still call them the Old Browns.

TEEMONT
03-29-2007, 05:16 PM
Who cares who's picked? I picked a wedgie today......

K Train
03-29-2007, 05:37 PM
nope i hate the bengals more lol

DIESELMAN
03-29-2007, 05:50 PM
Oh I agree with you about the Bengals but you have to consider them a threat with that talent especially on the offensive side of the ball. But you're right they still have alot of work to do to know what it takes to be winning team every year. They were 11-5 in 2005 and back to 8-8 in 2006 so that right there shows they're still lacking that winners attitude like you said. They still need to work on their defense as well.

I just hate the Ravens so bad so I wouldn't mind seeing the Browns finishing ahead of them.:bluelol: Plus I thought the Ratbirds were over-rated in 2006.

True on the talent, they can be a quick strike, high scoring team if they would know how to play like winners instead of whining like losers. :banana:

DIESELMAN
03-29-2007, 05:52 PM
I just hate the Ravens so bad so I wouldn't mind seeing the Browns finishing ahead of them. Plus I thought the Ratbirds were over-rated in 2006.

How cool would that be? The shitstains finishing 3rd ahead of the Ratbirds!! I would laugh my *** off!!! :banana:

SteelersfaninPhilly
03-29-2007, 06:01 PM
1 Steelers - time to take back what is ours.
2 Ratbirds - Only reason they are here. Is the rest of the divison sucks ***. McNair suffers career ending injury,
3 Bungles - Forced to forfeit last eigh regular season games. Due to parole violations. That leave the Bungles unable to field a 53 man roster.
4 Clowns - Crennel's last stand. Browns start interviewing potential coaching replacements by week 2.

House of Steel
03-29-2007, 06:56 PM
The majority of the Cleveland Clowns fan base in Cleveland is convince that William Laird Cowher would become their next head coach. They got another letdown coming.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-29-2007, 10:40 PM
If Im the clowns I'd be thinking that too. They figure Romeo will flop again and the clowns will underachieve, then they'll let him go and try to woo Cowher into coming back to Cleveland.

BBG7
03-29-2007, 10:41 PM
nope i hate the bengals more lol

I'm with you....I think it's mostly because I live so close to them and I have to listen to their band wagon fans who don't know how to win. The Rats are close behind though.
This year we will take back the North Crown!!!!

SteelerSteve
03-30-2007, 12:39 AM
Maybe I'm looking too far into this but Crennel, and Lewis appear weak by saying the Ravens are the favorites and #1 in the division.
Hell yeah! the Rooneys can sure pick em cant they, I know it may seem too early to tell but ive got a good feeling about this guy.:bigthumb:

SteelerSteve
03-30-2007, 01:42 AM
Tomlins obviously the only coach in AFC north that has a pair.LOL

jayson_wv
03-30-2007, 01:45 AM
Tomlins obviously the only coach in AFC north that has a pair.LOL

agreed!

steelcurtaingal
03-30-2007, 09:06 AM
the browns seem to have reserved the basement of the AFC north as their permenent lodgings. the bengals have loads of talent, but spend too much time in prison to really know how to handle it. The ravens were overrated, lost in round one of the playoffs, and have lost some very valuable players. Pittsburgh has a wide open field for them! and with a very determined and hungry coach, hell, this should not be too hard to lock up the division.:tt02: