PDA

View Full Version : Potato, Hamburger Casserole

SteelersWoman
03-28-2007, 12:34 PM
This is easy to do, and can be made to suit pretty much anyone's/everyone's taste--you'll see as you read it.

1 to 1 1/2 lb hamburger (my 3 guys like it with more meat)
8-10 potatoes (can be peeled or not) sliced thin
3 carrots sliced thin (or 1 can corn, or 1 can green beans, or you can put one of each can)
1 onion sliced thin
Salt and pepper to taste
1 can cream of mushroom soup (or cream of celery soup) mixed with approx 1/2 c milk in a separate bowl, set aside.
(You can also make this with NO soup at all--tastes just as good, just completely different--my family likes it both ways). If you try it without soup, I'd recommend using the carrots, simply because I've never tried the corn or green beans without the soup. If you're brave, give it a shot lol

Coat bottom and sides of cake size baking pan with butter. Layer in first potatoes, (salt/pepper this layer) then onion, then whatever vegetable you've chosen. Put the hamburger as the last layer--you can do it as patties, or just crumble it over evenly. If you've chosen to add soup, pour it over the top evenly as possible. Cover with aluminum foil.

Bake at 375 for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes or so.

You can also add a layer of velveeta cheese to this casserole--just place it on top of the potato layer.

House of Steel
03-28-2007, 12:37 PM
Sounds awesome, got to give this a try.

steelersgal86
03-28-2007, 12:40 PM
wow that does sound good....wait till pyscho sees this with the cheese....

PsychoWard
03-28-2007, 12:44 PM
wow that does sound good....wait till pyscho sees this with the cheese....

mmmmm that does sound good i would put a layer of cheese on top too!!!:D

steelersgal86
03-28-2007, 12:45 PM
mmmmm that does sound good i would put a layer of cheese on top too!!!:D

lol..you are going to turn into a block of cheese....give you cheese and beer and you would be one happy man...

PsychoWard
03-28-2007, 12:46 PM
lol..you are going to turn into a block of cheese....give you cheese and beer and you would be one happy man...

this is true or cheese flavored beer:greengrin:

steelersgal86
03-28-2007, 12:47 PM
this is true or cheese flavored beer:greengrin:

ewwww....only you....:scratch:

PsychoWard
03-28-2007, 12:48 PM
actually now that i think of it that sounds rather gross

steelersgal86
03-28-2007, 12:49 PM
:dunno: :dunno:

floodcitygirl
03-28-2007, 12:53 PM
This recipe does soung good SW. I think my kids would love it, especially with the cheese!

I'm in a bit of mouring right now....decided I have to give up cheese for a while to meet my current fitness goals. :thud:

PsychoWard
03-28-2007, 12:57 PM
This recipe does soung good SW. I think my kids would love it, especially with the cheese!

I'm in a bit of mouring right now....decided I have to give up cheese for a while to meet my current fitness goals. :thud:

wow do not envy you at all i couldn't do it!

floodcitygirl
03-28-2007, 01:01 PM
wow do not envy you at all i couldn't do it!I know it...I love cheese too. But it won't be forever! :banana:

SteelersWoman
03-28-2007, 01:02 PM

Let's put it this way--with the 4 of us, it's very hard to find something that ALL of us agree on--this is one of only about 4-5 things that we'll all eat (and like) without there being some sort of argument over lol

By the way--they make that reduced fat cheese FCG--you could try that maybe? And WHAT current "fitness goals"?? You looked thin to me!

Anyone thought of starting a diet program here on SA? lol

floodcitygirl
03-28-2007, 01:36 PM
Let's put it this way--with the 4 of us, it's very hard to find something that ALL of us agree on--this is one of only about 4-5 things that we'll all eat (and like) without there being some sort of argument over lol

By the way--they make that reduced fat cheese FCG--you could try that maybe? And WHAT current "fitness goals"?? You looked thin to me!

Anyone thought of starting a diet program here on SA? lolYou know...my Mom used to make something that she called "hash". She would use left over ham, slice potaotes and add green beans and onion and fry them all in a pan. We loved it!

The reduced fat won't do it for now...I've got to go cold turkey! lol As far as what I'm doing, I'll pm ya! ;)

steelersgal86
03-29-2007, 08:37 AM
wow do not envy you at all i couldn't do it!

No he could not...:nono: we do not have a cookout with hotdogs if they dont have cheese in them...(he is the baby so he is spoiled)

floodcitygirl
03-29-2007, 10:58 AM
No he could not...:nono: we do not have a cookout with hotdogs if they dont have cheese in them...(he is the baby so he is spoiled)My 4 yr old loves those hot dogs too. They are pretty good. :yesnod:

steelersgal86
03-29-2007, 11:02 AM
My 4 yr old loves those hot dogs too. They are pretty good. :yesnod:

yeah they are...but i can eat them with out cheese to...

House of Steel
03-29-2007, 11:20 AM
Got to have the Bratwursts too. No cookout is complete without Brats and Italian Sausage.

PsychoWard
03-29-2007, 02:56 PM
Got to have the Bratwursts too. No cookout is complete without Brats and Italian Sausage.

chadderwurst:yesnod:

SteelersWoman
03-30-2007, 02:58 AM
You know...my Mom used to make something that she called "hash". She would use left over ham, slice potaotes and add green beans and onion and fry them all in a pan. We loved it!

The reduced fat won't do it for now...I've got to go cold turkey! lol As far as what I'm doing, I'll pm ya! ;)

My mom used to make somethin kind of similar... Take left over mashed potatoes, onion, broken up slices of bread, sliced hot dogs (green pepper if you like it) and egg. Just slap it all together, stir til well mixed in the same skillet and fry it til golden brown.

BBG7
03-30-2007, 10:14 PM
yum....sounds good! I am actually going to make it tomorrow. Thanks!

SteelersWoman
03-31-2007, 03:28 AM
yum....sounds good! I am actually going to make it tomorrow. Thanks!

You're welcome! Let me know which version ya tried and how ya liked it :) I'm gettin the stuff tomorrow to make that broccoli soup recipe that PW put in here. I told my husband about it, and he can't wait lol
Told my mom, she wants to try it too :yesnod:

steelersgal86
03-31-2007, 09:11 AM
let us know how you all liked it...

BBG7
04-02-2007, 01:21 AM
You're welcome! Let me know which version ya tried and how ya liked it :) I'm gettin the stuff tomorrow to make that broccoli soup recipe that PW put in here. I told my husband about it, and he can't wait lol
Told my mom, she wants to try it too :yesnod:

It was great....I used carrots and the cream of celery soup (only because my family freaks out over mushrooms) I would like to try it with the other veggies and without soup sometime....but it was definately a hit with the entire family...thanks!!!

SteelersWoman
04-10-2007, 05:47 AM
,,,it was definately a hit with the entire family...thanks!!!

Sorry I didn't answer sooner, don't know how I overlooked your response...

If you liked it with the soup, you'd probably like it without too. Completely different taste, but just as good or better! This recipe is so versatile--that's what I love about it :yesnod: