PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow the NFLN showcases the Steeler draft needs

BlackGold4vr
03-26-2007, 10:19 PM
Seeing how they play the same stuff over and over all day you will probably have several chances to see what these morons have to say about the Steelers needs. If their suppositions come from the mouth of Jamie Dukes prepare for him to spew forth the same garbage he put out in his mock draft. CB first, yeah Jamie, go hit the crack pipe again. Should be worth a good laugh but I take absolutely zero stock in anything they say! :hilarious:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-26-2007, 10:39 PM
I'll pretty much take any Steelers news I can get at this point in the offseason so yea I'll check it out. Hopefully it will be an epsidoe where Dukes isn't on and maybe Rod Woodson will be able to chip in with some common sense.

MillerTime83
03-27-2007, 03:45 AM
Very true Top Gun. Jamie Dukes blows, but the rest of the team is amazing.

SteelersWoman
03-27-2007, 07:38 AM
It's coming on at 6:30 PM EST for those who've forgotten or didn't know. I have it autotuned. Like TG said--I'll take whatever I can get about us right about now! :D

SteelersWoman
03-28-2007, 04:11 AM
I watched it, and they have CB listed as our FIRST "need".

DIESELMAN
03-28-2007, 08:45 AM
I watched it, and they have CB listed as our FIRST "need".

So much for the experts :lol: Its truly amazing how everyone thinks CB is #1 need. Thats cool, we the fans know better and come draft day we'll show all the "experts" and mockers who knows what. :tt02: :banana:

BlackGold4vr
03-28-2007, 09:52 AM
Yeah, they had us taking Revis in the first and Blalock in the second. I like the Blalock pick. We don't need no stinking cornerbacks! The guys we have can play, they just need some quality coaching. I don't believe they were getting it! I commented to my wife throughout the year last year how our corners were not turning around to find the ball. They would play their guy but never turn to see the ball coming. Lots of those passes could be picked if they simply turned to find the ball. Sometimes the ball would go right between their outstretched arms into the receivers hands and they never once looked back to find the ball. That is what I see great corners on other teams doing routinely. Play their guy tight until they see the receivers eyes tell them the ball is in the air, then turn and find it. Sometimes when a corner does that they will realize that it was a poorly thrown ball and they have a better shot at it than the receivers do. Not our guys, it usually hits off the back of their helmets. To me that is techniques, which are coachable! That was just my observations.

TEEMONT
03-28-2007, 10:16 AM
Well, I wouldn't call CB a "need", but a little depth would be ok, not a 1st rounder though.

DIESELMAN
03-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Yeah, they had us taking Revis in the first and Blalock in the second. I like the Blalock pick. We don't need no stinking cornerbacks! The guys we have can play, they just need some quality coaching. I don't believe they were getting it! I commented to my wife throughout the year last year how our corners were not turning around to find the ball. They would play their guy but never turn to see the ball coming. Lots of those passes could be picked if they simply turned to find the ball. Sometimes the ball would go right between their outstretched arms into the receivers hands and they never once looked back to find the ball. That is what I see great corners on other teams doing routinely. Play their guy tight until they see the receivers eyes tell them the ball is in the air, then turn and find it. Sometimes when a corner does that they will realize that it was a poorly thrown ball and they have a better shot at it than the receivers do. Not our guys, it usually hits off the back of their helmets. To me that is techniques, which are coachable! That was just my observations.

I agree 100%!! I can't count how many times I've seen that crap and wondered WTF!!! Tomlin's presence should help out quite a bit.