PDA

View Full Version : Thank you ESPN THEISMAN OUT!

SteelersfaninPhilly
03-25-2007, 09:33 PM
http://www.newsday.com/sports/ny-spmnf26,0,1066554.story?coll=ny-sports-headlines

Oh hell yeah :tt02:

BlitzburghNation
03-25-2007, 09:38 PM
All i can say about this is,,,,,,:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: GOOD RIDDDINS :popcorn:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-25-2007, 09:43 PM
I dont like Tony K. either. Bring back Frank, Al, and Dan.

BB2W
03-25-2007, 09:44 PM
Another hit by PFT... they do hit more than they miss I hate to say.

I like his voice... just not what comes out. He went from arguing with McGwire to arguing with Kornheiser. He needs to relax in the booth.

BlitzburghNation
03-25-2007, 09:56 PM

:iagree: But i thought "MIKE" done a good job on his play by play commentaries :clap: He was the only one worth a dam in the booth :popcorn:

Black@Gold Forever32
03-25-2007, 10:20 PM
I heard Jaws is going to replace him. Thats just as bad in my mind. The ESPN crew sucks bigtime.

K Train
03-25-2007, 10:22 PM
good riddance

Koopa
03-25-2007, 10:25 PM
i like tony kornhieser or however you spell his name

i don't watch monday night football unless it's the steelers so it don't bother me much...........

K Train
03-25-2007, 10:28 PM
i watch MNF every week lol

BlackGold4vr
03-25-2007, 10:28 PM

:plus1:

Why would they try to find a fit for Kornholer? I can't stand listening to that idiot. On my list of most obnoxious sportscasters, Kornholer is near the top of that list! Theismann was on the list too, so I am happy about the news. But they should have kept going with the housecleaning. Mike Tirico was the only guy that didn't make me want to turn the channel over to Barney or the Teletubbies for some relief. Apparently they don't read my emails or give a s**t about customers opinions. :lol: I once threatened to filter them out of my house if they didn't stop mixing the womens basketball news with the news that people really care about. They never listened and I wasn't really prepared to ban ESPN from my house. So I still suffer through the WNBA and womens NCAA tournament news. Those times are usually my snack break opportunities or restroom breaks. Just because women like to play, doesn't mean that the rest of us should be forced to watch. Even my wife who loves the NBA would never ever watch a womans basketball game! In my house we would rather watch the Annual Fort Lauderdale Senior Citizen Shuffleboard Championships or the Annual Wisconsin Cow Chip Throwing and Cheese Sampling Social. Hey, maybe Theismann can go cover womens basketball. He couldn't irritate people over there because nobody watches it anyway.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-25-2007, 11:39 PM
:plus1:

Why would they try to find a fit for Kornholer? I can't stand listening to that idiot. On my list of most obnoxious sportscasters, Kornholer is near the top of that list! Theismann was on the list too, so I am happy about the news. But they should have kept going with the housecleaning. Mike Tirico was the only guy that didn't make me want to turn the channel over to Barney or the Teletubbies for some relief. Apparently they don't read my emails or give a s**t about customers opinions. :lol: I once threatened to filter them out of my house if they didn't stop mixing the womens basketball news with the news that people really care about. They never listened and I wasn't really prepared to ban ESPN from my house. So I still suffer through the WNBA and womens NCAA tournament news. Those times are usually my snack break opportunities or restroom breaks. Just because women like to play, doesn't mean that the rest of us should be forced to watch. Even my wife who loves the NBA would never ever watch a womans basketball game! In my house we would rather watch the Annual Fort Lauderdale Senior Citizen Shuffleboard Championships or the Annual Wisconsin Cow Chip Throwing and Cheese Sampling Social. Hey, maybe Theismann can go cover womens basketball. He couldn't irritate people over there because nobody watches it anyway.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well damn, if you sent ESPN that I can't believe it took them so long to get rid of Theismann and why they still keep Kornhole is anybody's guess :hilarious: :hilarious:

Steelerlyn
03-26-2007, 12:28 AM
IMHO, they need to get a whole new crew that works together. We turn the volume off and usually get the audio from the radio. I think Mike & Mike would be a good fit!~

BlitzburghNation
03-26-2007, 12:56 AM
How about keeping mike tureco and adding rod woodson :dunno:
I like him on the nfl network :bigthumb:

jayson_wv
03-26-2007, 09:39 AM
i think madden is my favorite play by play guy. i hate joe buck's guts! hate kornhole too. theisman didn't bother me so much... al, frank and dan were pretty good. stuart scott and kenny mayne would be awesome. stick them with madden lol that might be very bad or very good! it'd be better than what we got now. ABC should be punched in the face for talking MNF off in the first place. maybe we should grab that goal goal goal goal goal goal goal goal goal goal soccer guy? he'd keep it interesting!

could u imagine...sack sack sack sack sack sack sack sack!

AZ_Steeler
03-26-2007, 12:46 PM
I don't know who I dislike more though... Theisman or his replacement Jaworski :dunno: ESPN should open this up to the public and let us decide who should have the job :bigthumb:

House of Steel
03-26-2007, 12:49 PM
I wish I could apply for the job. I would be just as good as CBS' Jim Nantz. Some say I sound like him on the mike.

TEEMONT
03-26-2007, 01:32 PM
Now NBC just has to get rid of Madden.

DIESELMAN
03-26-2007, 02:03 PM
I'm glad hes out, never really contributed in any way. The one thing I hate about some of these guys is when they break the game down to much, its like they're trying to make it seem like everyone watching is an idiot and they are the only "experts" in the world who know football.

BlackGold4vr
03-26-2007, 02:10 PM
I hated the way Kornheiser's contribution is basically interviewing the 2 other guys in the booth. Everything they say is met with a Kornheiser question, "why do you say that?" "what do you think about this?" Kornheiser is okay on PTI, but he is no good at commentary during the game. Can his ***!

Ambridge
03-26-2007, 06:10 PM
Glad to see Theisman get canned but I liked how last season when Joe would say something stupid or didn't make a lot of sense Tony K. would jump all over it and pretty much challenge Joe's "Stupidity" with a zinger of his own.

Steelerlyn
03-26-2007, 07:57 PM
Great! Now if we can only say goodbye to Tony "I never have anything of value to say" Kornheiser and Mike "I am Mr. Generic sportscaster" Tirico, then get rid of the stupid sideline reports, and do away with the ridiculous player introduction graphics, for some reason the sideline reporters always make me uncomfortable asking questions where the player or coach gives the generic answer. Trust me, I know that the player "has to give 110%" and that the coach expects his players to "pick it up in the second half" without watching Suzie "man voice" Kolber ask the inane question. And get a new "great crew" then I would be totally happy with MNF commentating.

Stlrs4Life
03-26-2007, 09:54 PM
Thank goodness. At least Jaws is tolerable.

House of Steel
03-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Jaws is no improvement in my opinion.

Merrill Hoge, Rod Woodson, and Frank Gifford would make a hell of a team.

K Train
03-26-2007, 11:08 PM
jaws is ok, al michaels should just do all the games lol....without madden lol

BlackGold4vr
03-26-2007, 11:26 PM
Trust me, I know that the player "has to give 110%" and that the coach expects his players to "pick it up in the second half" without watching Suzie "man voice" Kolber ask the inane question.

I think Suzie Kolber is sexy in a tomboyish way. I believe "Willie" Joe Namath would have to agree with me on that. :hilarious: But Sam Ryan is the tops in my book. Michelle Tafoya looks like a frog. IMO

Blitzburgh55
03-27-2007, 05:55 PM
NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I hate Jaws so much

They just asked one Toss up on PTI
Who would you want to hang out with on a Monday Night?
Jaws or Theisman