PDA

View Full Version : Cb

jasonbay
03-23-2007, 09:41 PM
Would anyone disagree if Steelers drafted a corner rather early and which one would you like them to draft if they did so .

Koopa
03-23-2007, 09:43 PM
i'd hate it in the first round, but if the corner is best available in the second then i guess it's whatever, but not the first round, i'd be so damn pissed off lol

K Train
03-23-2007, 09:49 PM
i'd freak out....absolutely freak out

BlackGold4vr
03-23-2007, 09:56 PM
Would anyone disagree if Steelers drafted a corner rather early and which one would you like them to draft if they did so .

The CB's that we already have McFadden and Taylor can get the job done. Our safeties are two of the best in the NFL Polamalu and A. Smith. Our secondary got torched last year because of our inability to get to the quarterback. That is why you will find most people here on this site would like to see a DE/OLB (tweener) drafted in the first round. Particularly, Anthony Spencer is a favorite here amongst members (not all but most). After the LB position the O-line needs help and we also need another RB and WR before a CB IMO. Bruce Arians has mentioned that he would like some 4 wide sets and we don't really have 4 wide-outs right now to do that with right now. Ward, Holmes, Washington ........Cedric Wilson plays sporadically and Willie Reid has never played in our offense at WR. That is extremely thin to play 4 WR sets with. At RB we are thin. God forbid something happen to Willie, Davenport couldn't carry our run game if Willie went down. Back to the question, NO I don't think a CB taken in the early rounds would be a good thing. But with a new coaching staff nobody really knows what is going to happen. So who knows? You may be happy on April 28th! :scratch:

K Train
03-23-2007, 09:59 PM
**** goin corner....tomlin already told me we are goin OLB in the first, RB in the second and Sepulveda wherever necessary lol

jasonbay
03-23-2007, 10:00 PM
The CB's that we already have McFadden and Taylor can get the job done. Our safeties are two of the best in the NFL Polamalu and A. Smith. Our secondary got torched last year because of our inability to get to the quarterback. That is why you will find most people here on this site would like to see a DE/OLB (tweener) drafted in the first round. Particularly, Anthony Spencer is a favorite here amongst members (not all but most). After the LB position the O-line needs help and we also need another RB and WR before a CB IMO. Bruce Arians has mentioned that he would like some 4 wide sets and we don't really have 4 wide-outs right now to do that with right now. Ward, Holmes, Washington ........Cedric Wilson plays sporadically and Willie Reid has never played in our offense at WR. That is extremely thin to play 4 WR sets with. At RB we are thin. God forbid something happen to Willie, Davenport couldn't carry our run game if Willie went down. Back to the question, NO I don't think a CB taken in the early rounds would be a good thing. But with a new coaching staff nobody really knows what is going to happen. So who knows? You may be happy on April 28th! :scratch:

So someone like Tim Shaw but later in the draft

BlackGold4vr
03-23-2007, 10:20 PM
So someone like Tim Shaw but later in the draft

Day 1
1st Round DE/OLB - Anthony Spencer / Lawrence Timmons
2nd Round RB - Tony Hunt / Chris Henry
3rd Round OL - Manny Ramirez / Justin Blalock

Day 2
4th Round P - Daniel Sepulveda
4th Round(Compensatory) WR - best available
5th Round LB - best available
5th Round CB - best available
6th Round - who cares won't make the team
7th Round - see sixth round

K Train
03-23-2007, 10:26 PM
Day 1

Day 2

timmons over moss...nah

DANIEL SEPULVEDA! theres what i like to see

DIESELMAN
03-23-2007, 10:27 PM
Day 1

Day 2

That looks good! If that plays out we'll be good to go. :bigthumb:

jasonbay
03-23-2007, 10:30 PM
That would awesome if they did draft Tony Hunt

K Train
03-23-2007, 10:38 PM
dude if we get spencer/moss and sepulveda..mission accomplished...hunt would be nice

TEEMONT
03-23-2007, 11:06 PM
I think we should draft sepulveda in every round......

Black@Gold Forever32
03-23-2007, 11:07 PM
I think we should draft sepulveda in every round......

:bluelol:lol

TEEMONT
03-23-2007, 11:12 PM
:bluelol:lol

Seriously.....after reading up on this dude, my mock goes like this....

R1 - OLB D. Sepulveda
R2 - RB D. Sepulveda
R3 - OL D. Sepulveda
R4 - P D. Sepulveda
R5 - CB D. Sepulveda
R6 - WR D. Sepulveda
R7 - MLB D. Sepulveda

BlitzburghNation
03-23-2007, 11:58 PM
:deadhorse: "OKOYE" But we'll probably get a CB according to sirius !

IMO there's gonna be alot of us pissed april 28th :cursin:

K Train
03-24-2007, 12:04 AM
dude sirius is no better than all these clowns

BlitzburghNation
03-24-2007, 12:06 AM
dude sirius is no better than all these clowns

Never said they was :nono: But it seems like we are hearing it from everywhere :scratch:

DIESELMAN
03-24-2007, 12:47 AM
Seriously.....after reading up on this dude, my mock goes like this....

R1 - OLB D. Sepulveda
R2 - RB D. Sepulveda
R3 - OL D. Sepulveda
R4 - P D. Sepulveda
R5 - CB D. Sepulveda
R6 - WR D. Sepulveda
R7 - MLB D. Sepulveda

LMAO!!! No doubt, he could probably play most of those positions except OL.

K Train
03-24-2007, 01:05 AM
he was a walk on OLB at baylor....what a story...the story of one man, and his journy to becoming the greatest punter in the history of the nfl......guys i think we have a future hall of famer here...

TEEMONT
03-24-2007, 01:38 AM
he was a walk on OLB at baylor....what a story...the story of one man, and his journy to becoming the greatest punter in the history of the nfl......guys i think we have a future hall of famer here...

I actually read somewhere that Sepulveda and Ray Guy participated in "Mortal Kombat" and Sepulveda took his soul.

K Train
03-24-2007, 01:39 AM
it really wouldnt surprise me......