PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Willis 4.37/40

BB2W
03-21-2007, 09:13 PM
You can add a couple ticks for the home-feild advantage...

Patrick Willis LB - Willis (6-1, 237 pounds) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.37 and 4.38. He also had a 4.37 short shuttle and 7.10 three-cone drill. He stood on his numbers from the Combine for the rest. He had a phenomenal workout and clearly made several seven-figure increments in his rookie contract.

link: http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts

Koopa
03-21-2007, 09:16 PM
wow, to bad he's an inside linebacker so the hell with him lol

TEEMONT
03-22-2007, 12:43 AM
wow, to bad he's an inside linebacker so the hell with him lol

eh....we aint exactly young or deep at MLB. I wouldn't rule it out, I have seen them do weirder things in the draft (Troy Edwards).

Koopa
03-22-2007, 12:51 AM
eh....we aint exactly young or deep at MLB. I wouldn't rule it out, I have seen them do weirder things in the draft (Troy Edwards).

remember, the past drafts no longer matter, new coach new drafting ways, so lets not hold cowhers big time mistakes against tomlin

TEEMONT
03-22-2007, 01:23 AM
remember, the past drafts no longer matter, new coach new drafting ways, so lets not hold cowhers big time mistakes against tomlin

I don't think Tomlin is going to be free to do everything he wants quite yet. Sadly Colbert will have quite a bit of say.....ya know?

Koopa
03-22-2007, 01:29 AM
I don't think Tomlin is going to be free to do everything he wants quite yet. Sadly Colbert will have quite a bit of say.....ya know?

i know, i've said in the past tomlin is just a puppet, but colbert never had a say before, so everything that went bad was all cowher being a ****tard and not knowing how to draft

TEEMONT
03-22-2007, 01:38 AM
i know, i've said in the past tomlin is just a puppet, but colbert never had a say before, so everything that went bad was all cowher being a ****tard and not knowing how to draft

I get ya....I'm just saying I would be sad if we took Willis, its not a BAD choice, just wouldn't be super popular right away. Our entire LB corps is getting old (except Foote).

DIESELMAN
03-22-2007, 10:58 AM
Thats a helluva improvement from a 4.51 at the combine to a 4.37. Definitely shot his stock up.

introyitrust
03-22-2007, 12:38 PM
I get ya....I'm just saying I would be sad if we took Willis, its not a BAD choice, just wouldn't be super popular right away. Our entire LB corps is getting old (except Foote).

I agree. I think OLB or DE should be our target with our first round pick.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-22-2007, 02:48 PM

Very good point Stillers. The Steelers need to inject youth into their LB core bigtime period. Hell take Willis in the first if best available and draft Woodley in the second round.

Koopa
03-22-2007, 03:09 PM
just read this on him, he seems like a good player, and a good person

Strengths:
A very good athlete...Has excellent instincts...Good speed and quickness with the range to go sideline-to-sideline...A big hitter and reliable tackler...Is strong and powerful...Was extremely productive...Versatile and could conceivably play either inside or outside...Good pass rusher on blitzes...Tough guy who will do whatever it takes to get on the field...Hard worker and a leader with top-notch intangibles.

Weaknesses:
Moves well and is adequate in coverage but nothing special and he can still stand to improve in that area...Needs to bulk up and get a little bigger...Plays too high at times...Gets overwhelmed by massive blockers...Has some durability concerns.

Notes:
Won the Butkus award as a senior...17-year-old brother, Detris, drowned in July of 2006...Has overcome a lot in his life to get where he is...Is heavily involved in community service...Is a great person and player who will be an asset to a team both on and off the field...Is simply one of the best linebackers available this year.

BlitzburghNation
03-22-2007, 03:30 PM
The sirius guy's think he's going to the bills :dunno: