PDA

View Full Version : QB Schaub to Houston.....

DIESELMAN
03-21-2007, 02:17 PM
ATLANTA  In a move that figures to have significant ramifications for the incumbent starters from both teams, the Atlanta Falcons on Wednesday agreed to in principle to trade three-year veteran quarterback Matt Schaub to the Houston Texans.

Most of the details of the trade, in which the Falcons are expected to receive a second-round draft choice, and possibly other considerations, have been agreed upon. The deal likely will be completed later Wednesday afternoon.

In acquiring Schaub, the Texans have ostensibly conceded that five-year veteran David Carr, the top overall player chosen in the 2002 draft and a quarterback in whom Houston has invested considerable time and money, is no longer their quarterback of the future. At the same time, the departure of Schaub indicates that new Falcons coach Bobby Petrino is sold on Michael Vick, who is said to have made a strong impression on the rookie sideline boss in their first few months working together.

Schaub, 25, has been the subject of trade rumors for each of the past two springs. ESPN.com reported last Friday in the "Tip Sheet" column that Falcons officials seemed prepared to begin listening to trade offers for him, and had begun discussing possible replacements.

One of the strong candidates to replace Schaub as the backup to Vick, ESPN.com has learned, is Anthony Wright, who played with the Cincinnati Bengals in 2006.

Despite starting only two games in three seasons, and winning neither of them, Schaub is highly regarded around the NFL. The former Virginia standout, a third-round pick by Atlanta in 2004, he has completed 84 of 161 passes for 1,033 yards, with six touchdown passes and six interceptions.

Schaub was a restricted free agent this spring and the Falcons made him the highest qualifying offer possible, at $2.3 million. That qualifying offer meant that, had another club signed Schaub to an offer sheet, and Atlanta not matched it, the Falcons would have received first- and third-round draft choices as compensation.

By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

Didn't the Texans just resign Carr? This will get interesting.

BlitzburghNation
03-21-2007, 02:21 PM
Heard this also on sirius :scratch: There saying that carr will probably wind up in miami,cleveland or oakland :dunno:
IMO the falcons should've held onto schaub at least this year to see how vick
does with his new HC :popcorn:

kgreen
03-21-2007, 02:23 PM
:cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin:
Man, Matt was so good at UVA and now he's at Houston?????? I feel bad for him.

BlitzburghNation
03-21-2007, 02:27 PM
Tell us how you really feel kgreen :lol:

steelcurtaingal
03-21-2007, 02:41 PM
:cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin:
Man, Matt was so good at UVA and now he's at Houston?????? I feel bad for him.

wow koopa, you seem to be kinda mad over this. :lol:

TEEMONT
03-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Schaub will turn out to be pretty good IMO. He has more upside than Carr at this point in his career.

steelcurtaingal
03-21-2007, 02:51 PM
wow koopa, you seem to be kinda mad over this. :lol:

sorry, i meant to say kgreen, but got all lost. sorry!

Captcoolhand
03-21-2007, 02:55 PM
Didn't the Texans just resign Carr? This will get interesting.
Texans had Carr since he/they came into into the league:yesnod: i just can't believe that Houston would give up all that for Schuab(1,2,this year and 2st next year)Wow!
The dude sucks!
He's hardly had more than 1000 yards passing in 3 years.

House of Steel
03-21-2007, 02:59 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Carr go to Cleveland :lol: He would be worse off in Cleveland than at Houston.

TEEMONT
03-21-2007, 03:06 PM
Texans had Carr since he/they came into into the league:yesnod: i just can't believe that Houston would give up all that for Schuab(1,2,this year and 2st next year)Wow!
The dude sucks!
He's hardly had more than 1000 yards passing in 3 years.

Ummm how bout you let him start a 16 game season before you say he sucks. He never got a chance sitting behind one of the highest paid players in the league.

House of Steel
03-21-2007, 03:08 PM
:iagree: Don't forget, stillers, your talking to the forum idiot here. :rofl:

K Train
03-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Schaub=Aj Feely.....nothing that great about him imo

Captcoolhand
03-21-2007, 03:14 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Carr go to Cleveland :lol: He would be worse off in Cleveland than at Houston.
that's just it. being that we live in Cleveland, we hear alot of what they want to do. 1st- they was going after A.Peterson but got J. Lewis. then it was Quinn for QB and now possibly a Lineman:dunno: So I just see them trying to cover ground so that they can use there drafts picks in other area's.

To bad we don't live closer to pittsburgh to gain some ideas as to what they are looking to do, because Cleveland is not shy to their stragities.

House of Steel
03-21-2007, 03:16 PM
I hear you, Capt. I would be all for moving closer to Pittsburgh for sure. :bigthumb:

Captcoolhand
03-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Ummm how bout you let him start a 16 game season before you say he sucks. He never got a chance sitting behind one of the highest paid players in the league.
What do you mean he never got a chance! look at his stats. In 3 years, he played, and was less than steller at best. All i'm saying is that HE IS NOT WORTH a 1,2 pick this year and a #2 next year. My opinion

DIESELMAN
03-21-2007, 03:23 PM
Texans had Carr since he/they came into into the league:yesnod:
Yeah I know that and hes been in the league for 6 years. I thought they just resigned/restructured his contract last year or something. I guess hes been playin on his rookie contract since he came into the league.

TEEMONT
03-21-2007, 03:27 PM
What do you mean he never got a chance! look at his stats. In 3 years, he played, and was less than steller at best. All i'm saying is that HE IS NOT WORTH a 1,2 pick this year and a #2 next year. My opinion

The dude has started 2 games in his career, according to NFL.com.

His last start?

'05 against NE

18/34 for 298 yds, 3 TD, 0 INT, 112.1 QB rating...........yep....he sucks....

Captcoolhand
03-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Yeah I know that and hes been in the league for 6 years. I thought they just resigned/restructured his contract last year or something. I guess hes been playin on his rookie contract since he came into the league.
With the first overall pick of 2002 NFL Draft, the expansion Houston Texans selected David Carr. He has started all but a handful of games for the team in its 5-season history.
Being that he was firsted draft in the 1st round gave Houston the option to contract him for 6-7 years. now they may ave redid that since then but i would have to look into that.

Captcoolhand
03-21-2007, 03:47 PM

His last start?

'05 against NE

Dude you are missing the point. can you or anyone else on this site tell me or can justify Matt Schuabs being worth a 1st and 2- 2 second round picks. I'll leave it alone but make sure you post the rest of his stats instead of just 1 year 2 starts.

TEEMONT
03-21-2007, 03:51 PM
Dude you are missing the point. can you or anyone else on this site tell me or can justify Matt Schuabs being worth a 1st and 2- 2 second round picks. I'll leave it alone but make sure you post the rest of his stats instead of just 1 year 2 starts.

He only started one other game, which was in his rookie season. Based on his last gaem started, they are getting Dan "f***ing" Marino. They will get some of those picks back in a probable trade for Carr, who IMO is a good-pretty good QB with serious protection problems.

Captcoolhand
03-21-2007, 04:57 PM
He only started one other game, which was in his rookie season. Based on his last gaem started, they are getting Dan "f***ing" Marino. They will get some of those picks back in a probable trade for Carr, who IMO is a good-pretty good QB with serious protection problems.
Dan Marino:scratch: :lol: :hilarious: :rofl: Dude get off the computer and go say hi to your dog. the only one that may give back a pick are the clowns and still nothing worh NEAR what the texans are given up.

TEEMONT
03-21-2007, 06:16 PM
Dan Marino:scratch: :lol: :hilarious: :rofl: Dude get off the computer and go say hi to your dog. the only one that may give back a pick are the clowns and still nothing worh NEAR what the texans are given up.

Dude....I was being a tad bit generous in "comparing" him to Dan Marino (although Schaub was born in Pittsburgh too)

jayson_wv
03-21-2007, 08:29 PM
shaub is a NFL starter for sure! he does NOT SUCK! houston won't make him look to great though..

tony hipchest
03-21-2007, 08:41 PM

His last start?

'05 against NE

-he lost that game

-the pats were giving him everything through the air and he still barely completed 50% of his passes

-is one games worth of good stats worth 2 2nd round picks?

TEEMONT
03-22-2007, 12:14 AM
-he lost that game

-the pats were giving him everything through the air and he still barely completed 50% of his passes

-is one games worth of good stats worth 2 2nd round picks?

-HE lost that game? When you have a QB who throws for 3 TD's in a game with no picks, HE doesn't lose the game, looks to me like he did evrything possible to win the game.

-You've seen the Falcons wideout's, my unborn son can catch better than Micheal Jenkins and Brian Finneran.

- probably not, but not too many of Houston's 2nd round picks seem to be working out for them anyways.

SteelersfaninPhilly
03-22-2007, 01:11 AM
Atlanta gave up the wrong quarterback.

jayson_wv
03-22-2007, 09:36 AM
Atlanta gave up the wrong quarterback.

TOTALLY AGREED!!!

House of Steel
03-22-2007, 10:30 AM
I think this will go down as the worse offseason move of the NFL this season.

kgreen
03-22-2007, 10:39 AM

:plus1: Great point! We have only seen him in one game (unless your a UVA fan).

SteelersfaninPhilly
03-22-2007, 12:09 PM
QB Matt Schaub's new deal with the Texans is worth $48 million over six years, with $7 million guaranteed and $20 million paid out over the first three years.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-24-2007, 04:21 PM
Ok that kind of money to Matt Schaub is just crazy. I agree this guy could be a very good NFL QB. But hello Texans, Schaub is going to fair no better then David Carr behind a offensive line that still sucks. I think David Carr is a good QB but behind that OLine no QB could succeed. Not even Stillers boy Peyton Manning.lol

So the Texans give Schaub a ton of money with less then 5 career NFL starts but won't spend any money trying to improve their offensive line? I hope for Schaub's sake the Texans draft 2-3 Olineman in this draft. Or he will get the **** kicked out of him next year.lol