PDA

View Full Version : Michael Bush is done, stick a fork in him!

BlackGold4vr
03-21-2007, 12:16 PM
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (March 21, 2007) -- Former Louisville running back Michael Bush underwent surgery March 20 on the leg he broke during the first game of last season.

Bush, who entered the upcoming NFL draft as a junior, had a new rod inserted and was expected to be released from a Louisville hospital on March 21, spokesman Rocco Gasparro said.

Gasparro said Bush sought another medical opinion when his bone didn't heal quickly enough. He's expected to be out another couple of months and won't be able to work out March 26 during Louisville's Pro Day, Gasparro said.

Bush decided to skip his senior season, despite playing in only one game as a junior. In his sophomore year, Bush ran for 1,183 yards and an NCAA-leading 23 touchdowns.

He scored three touchdowns in the first half of the season-opener against Kentucky last year before breaking his leg early in the second half.

The Cardinals went on to finish 12-1, beating Wake Forest in the Orange Bowl.

This news should be more than enough news for NFL teams seeking immediate running back help to stay away from Bush. I believe this news completely takes him off of the Steelers draft board. The fact that his bone did not heal properly and that it took another operation and a rod inserted should ward off most teams. Maybe he will still be drafted by a team that is very deep at RB and could afford to wait on him for a year or two. Thats not us! IMO that narrows down the list of power RB's to Hunt/Henry.

:crossfingers:

AZ_Steeler
03-21-2007, 12:30 PM
I wasn't for this dude entering the draft this year anyways. He had a huge injury last season, hardly played and then he entered the draft... I know sometimes it's always about the money and he was probably hoping to cash in but at the same time it makes you wonder who the people are around him that told him to enter the draft... It'll be interesting to see how this turns out, I wish the best for him!

TEEMONT
03-21-2007, 12:33 PM
Please, somebody say we should still draft him so I can say I told you so.

House of Steel
03-21-2007, 02:38 PM
He might be a risk, Stillers, but it would be a gambling risk I would take. I am with you on the ride. If its a bad call, I am going to hound your *** for this one.

Captcoolhand
03-21-2007, 02:47 PM
He might be a risk, Stillers, but it would be a gambling risk I would take. I am with you on the ride. If its a bad call, I am going to hound your *** for this one.
at least you know who he's talking about.

Captcoolhand
03-21-2007, 02:51 PM
I maybe wrong but i thought it was his Jr. year that he wanted to come out but because of injuries(he was advise that he wouldn't make 1st rd) he went back for his SR year( just to make 1st round pick) and broke the leg.:dunno:

House of Steel
03-21-2007, 02:52 PM
Of course I do, I've watched Bush play, he was an outstanding runner, and now with this injury, this is going to make him end up like another Ryan Leaf. I hope he proves me wrong, I would still give the kid a shot to prove me wrong.

BlackGold4vr
03-21-2007, 02:59 PM
Of course I do, I've watched Bush play, he was an outstanding runner, and now with this injury, this is going to make him end up like another Ryan Leaf. I hope he proves me wrong, I would still give the kid a shot to prove me wrong.

Just like McGahee there might be a team with a lot of depth at RB who might draft him and see how things pan out. But you would pick him in rounds 6 or 7 since he is a high risk player. You wouldn't want to waste a day 1 pick on a player who may never suit up! He will lose a ton of money on his first contract but if he proves he can still be a great running back then he can get a big payday down the road.

:banana:

Captcoolhand
03-21-2007, 03:05 PM
Just like McGahee there might be a team with a lot of depth at RB who might draft him and see how things pan out. But you would pick him in rounds 6 or 7 since he is a high risk player. You wouldn't want to waste a day 1 pick on a player who may never suit up! He will lose a ton of money on his first contract but if he proves he can still be a great running back then he can get a big payday down the road.

:banana:
Either/or it won't be with the Steelers

DIESELMAN
03-21-2007, 03:05 PM
Damn that blows for him, I hoped he would redshirt but then he announced he was entering the draft. He needs to take his time coming back and make sure he is definitely healed before he even thinks about taking another snap. Once he heals, he can come in and prove his worth to someone and still make the benjamins.

K Train
03-21-2007, 05:02 PM
bush was a senior last year, he decided against a medical redshirt. i'd still draft him, hes a TD machine.....if he somehow made it to the 3rd round..why not? unless we took henry/hunt/leonard already

DIESELMAN
03-21-2007, 05:25 PM
bush was a senior last year, he decided against a medical redshirt. i'd still draft him, hes a TD machine..... No **** k :lol: He still could've red shirted, 5th year eligibility. He won't be a TD machine anytime soon. His leg hasn't healed and they've stuck a rod in his leg. Like I said he should've red shirted, got healed up and came out after his senior year and made BIG money. He would've been a definite 1st rd maybe even a #1 pick next year. Petrino leaving Louisville had a lot to do with his decision to make himself eligible for the draft.

K Train
03-21-2007, 05:29 PM
lol dont no **** me, i didnt read the whole thread but the article said he was a junior last year lol

Captcoolhand
03-21-2007, 05:33 PM
bush was a senior last year, he decided against a medical redshirt. i'd still draft him, hes a TD machine.....if he somehow made it to the 3rd round..why not? unless we took henry/hunt/leonard already
last year or last season? lets just make things clear for those that don't know the difference. Bush started last season as a SR, and that is when he broke the leg, (refer to the rest of the thread)

SteelerFan87
03-29-2007, 12:36 AM
Dude, I'd take him. Really late in the draft. Either he stays healthy and he's the steal of the draft, of he doesn't and it's ok because you used a really late round pick on him.