PDA

View Full Version : Yamon Figurs???

kgreen
03-16-2007, 02:04 PM
I don't about anyone else, but I like this kid. He runs a friggin' 4.3 40! If we got him that would mean guys like Ricardo and even Santonio couldn't fumble plus in his profile (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/yamonfigurs.html) it says he raced Devin Hester and beat him! We need a little help @ WR so even though he is not Steve Smith, He could still be a good WR at the next level.

Here is my mock steelers draft(rounds 1-4):
1. Paul Posluszny-releasing Joey+Haggans' age=Poz
2. Brian Leonard-Could compliment Willie in a big way
3. Josh Beekman-I think the Steelers will take a OG early because of Simmons moving over to play Center
4. Yamon Figurs-Incredible speed, could be used in kick return game.

K Train
03-16-2007, 02:18 PM
he sounds like a vicious returner just like hester...hester was like a 5th round pick lol

BB2W
03-16-2007, 02:24 PM
He is also the best gunner in the draft... but that might not be an area of need with the signing of Chidi.

DIESELMAN
03-16-2007, 02:28 PM
I don't know 5'11" 174lbs, one good lick and theres a memorial patch on the uniforms :lol: The speed is great but its not everything, especially if hes afraid of contact and drops to many balls.

K Train
03-16-2007, 02:31 PM
nfldraftcoundown is very critical of all the players, goods and bads.....hester is no big guy either

Koopa
03-16-2007, 02:49 PM
poz is not what we need, we need a pass rusher, poz is not a pass rusher, and he'd be a middle linebacker in our system

i wouldn't mind taking this dude, however i still have faith in willie reid........

K Train
03-16-2007, 02:50 PM
i wish there would be the slightest bit of news on willie reid

BlackGold4vr
03-16-2007, 03:14 PM
i wish there would be the slightest bit of news on willie reid

I believe that if Willie Reid doesn't make a significant contribution this season it will be his last in black and gold. Understand he was hurt last year. This is a new year and if he stays on the injured reserve list this year I believe he will be gone next year. You got's to play....if you really wanna stay! :lol:

K Train
03-16-2007, 03:17 PM
cowher was a douche not dressing him to start with, i think he'll play this year

BR7
03-16-2007, 03:43 PM
Weaknesses:
Does not have great bulk and is a bit frail...Drops too many balls...Needs to run better routes...Still pretty raw and needs to work on mastering the nuances of the position...Not very physical and doesn't like contact...Durability is a concern.

We have one of those already..

DIESELMAN
03-16-2007, 04:12 PM
nfldraftcoundown is very critical of all the players, goods and bads.....hester is no big guy either

Yeah 5'11" 190lbs. but Hester is a DB not a WR. Big difference bro. Besides if we draft him we won't get your punter...whatshis****inname? :banana:

Koopa
03-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Yeah 5'11" 190lbs. but Hester is a DB not a WR. Big difference bro. Besides if we draft him we won't get your punter...whatshis****inname? :banana:

actually hester is a db/wr lol....... coming into the nfl they didn't know if he was gonna be a wr or a db......and i think next year he's gonna play some wr for the bears

DIESELMAN
03-16-2007, 04:28 PM
actually hester is a db/wr lol....... coming into the nfl they didn't know if he was gonna be a wr or a db......and i think next year he's gonna play some wr for the bears

Thats cool but being half DB :lol: he knows how to give and take a hit. not like this other guy who is supposedly scared of contact. Its all good Koop, everybody has their wish list.....:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

K Train
03-16-2007, 04:28 PM
yeah hester is a scrub as a DB....and im not saying were gonna draft him lol, we need a vicious returner though, i hope Reid is that guy, he was crazy at FSU.

DANIEL SEPULVEDA......you guys need to burn that name into your head lol

kgreen
03-16-2007, 04:30 PM
poz is not what we need, we need a pass rusher, poz is not a pass rusher, and he'd be a middle linebacker in our system

i wouldn't mind taking this dude, however i still have faith in willie reid........

I mean I haven't seen anything of Willie Reid + speed kills. With Poz, I mean I have followed his career rather close at PSU and he has just been a great football player. PSU was not just a 4-3 they did run some 3-4 so he's a stranger to the system. I just think Poz is the best linebacker in this draft and we need someone with his desire and fire to win.

K Train
03-16-2007, 04:35 PM
I mean I haven't seen anything of Willie Reid + speed kills. With Poz, I mean I have followed his career rather close at PSU and he has just been a great football player. PSU was not just a 4-3 they did run some 3-4 so he's a stranger to the system. I just think Poz is the best linebacker in this draft and we need someone with his desire and fire to win.

but he was move to the middle last year....not what we need....i do agree that hes a hell of a player....but theres alot of great players we could get with the 15th pick.....not many of them are what we need though

Koopa
03-16-2007, 04:37 PM
Thats cool but being half DB :lol: he knows how to give and take a hit. not like this other guy who is supposedly scared of contact. Its all good Koop, everybody has their wish list.....:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

actually, cornerbacks can be soft too, look at deion sanders he was soft, and hester idolizes sanders.............

Koopa
03-16-2007, 04:38 PM

i'm not knocking his skill, and i think he'll be a very good player in the nfl, however, he is not the pass rusher we need, we need someone to rush the qb at will, poz can't do that, tim shaw has more career sacks then this guy......... anthony spencer would be a much better fit for us

kgreen
03-16-2007, 04:42 PM
but he was move to the middle last year....not what we need....i do agree that hes a hell of a player....but theres alot of great players we could get with the 15th pick.....not many of them are what we need though

Right and you never know about this. Last year, everyone had it penciled in that we were taking LenDale White, this year I'm seeing either Jarvis Moss, a CB that we don't need, Lawrence Timmons, or Adam Carriker. So, you never know, we could trade down and nab Spencer to save cap room to re-sign Troy.

K Train
03-16-2007, 04:48 PM
i knew we werent gonna draft white.....i wouldnt have minded white but i didnt think we were gonna draft him. Santonio surprised me, but only because i didnt think he would be there when we picked.....i promise you we will not go CB in the first round....there is no way, Spencer or moss all the way. Timmons...eh, doubt it, Carriker....i would be pissed.

I would be furious if we got a corner in the first

kgreen
03-16-2007, 04:58 PM
i knew we werent gonna draft white.....i wouldnt have minded white but i didnt think we were gonna draft him. Santonio surprised me, but only because i didnt think he would be there when we picked.....i promise you we will not go CB in the first round....there is no way, Spencer or moss all the way. Timmons...eh, doubt it, Carriker....i would be pissed.

:lol: You are very passionate about the way we draft.

Koopa
03-16-2007, 04:58 PM

holmes surprised me too, i knew we would go wr in the first round and was happy as hell when we traded up to get him.....

i wouldn't mind timmons..........

carriker i would be so pissed off

K Train
03-16-2007, 05:05 PM
i want the best OLB that we can get...period....really i want adams, but i dont think i will get the wish.

Santonio really surprised me, i was think Sinorice Moss, which im happy we didnt...santonios gonna be a badass