PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Cream Cheese Enchilada

PsychoWard
03-14-2007, 07:27 PM
Sunflower seeds add a new flavor and a nice crunch to this old favorite recipe.

Ingredients:

8 flour tortilla
4 boneless skinless chicken breast
2 packs of softened cream cheese
1 cup sour cream
20 oz can enchilada sauce
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Method:

First, boil chicken until cooked, then shred and set aside. Combine cream cheese and sour cream, mixing until smooth. Then add chicken. Be careful not to over mix or chicken will become too fine. Take flour tortillas and place a healthy scoop onto tortilla, fold right and left sides into center, then roll into enchilada. Place enchilada in glass casserole dish. Once you have completed rolling all of your enchiladas pour enchilada sauce evenly over top and then cover with cheese. Place in oven at 375 degrees and cook for approximately 25 minutes or until cheese is golden and sauce is bubbling.

Notes:

Best served with side dish of Mexican rice and pinto beans. Cut recipe in half if you are serving for two, or place half in a separate dish place sauce and cheese on top and freeze for a later dinner.

Captcoolhand
03-14-2007, 07:38 PM
I swear you and your Brother must have fought to be in the Kitchen when you were younger.:yesnod: :lol:

PsychoWard
03-14-2007, 07:41 PM
lmao actually my mom always did the cooking!!! there was four kids my mom and dad and she always cooked everything homemade too!!! she will still put together a meatloaf for me every once in awhile (nothing like moms meatloaf!)

floodcitygirl
03-14-2007, 07:46 PM
This one sounds even better. :yesnod:

PsychoWard
03-14-2007, 07:48 PM
it is!!!!

MRS Steelerfan
03-14-2007, 08:11 PM
Sounds good-- I love enchiladas.. Been on a kick lately.. I been getting the lean cuisine ones..Not bad for 4.5 grams of fat.. But, I will have to try these..

PsychoWard
03-14-2007, 08:15 PM
Sounds good-- I love enchiladas.. Been on a kick lately.. I been getting the lean cuisine ones..Not bad for 4.5 grams of fat.. But, I will have to try these..

yeah i just had some yesterday at a resturant! i just love mexican food!

MRS Steelerfan
03-14-2007, 08:25 PM
ME 2--just had a Quesadilla Explosion salad from Chili's tonight..YUMMMY...

I have been on a HUGE mexican kick-- Need to get out of it--- soon..not soo great for the diet...

PsychoWard
03-14-2007, 08:30 PM
ME 2--just had a Quesadilla Explosion salad from Chili's tonight..YUMMMY...

I have been on a HUGE mexican kick-- Need to get out of it--- soon..not soo great for the diet...

mmmmmm quesadillas yummy!!! i ate at el rodaeo got a buritto and a enchilada!!!

MRS Steelerfan
03-14-2007, 08:36 PM
Yip, it all is good, but the sour cream, guac and alll the other xtras, make for too much fat and calories... I had taco salad at work yesterday, and this today.. Sooo bad-- and now this recipe haning out--waiting for me to try----I have to starve from now til APril 11th -- FL vacation is not going to like my extra punds :-(

PsychoWard
03-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Yip, it all is good, but the sour cream, guac and alll the other xtras, make for too much fat and calories... I had taco salad at work yesterday, and this today.. Sooo bad-- and now this recipe haning out--waiting for me to try----I have to starve from now til APril 11th -- FL vacation is not going to like my extra punds :-(

yeah defintaly not the healthiest but oh so good!!!!!

MRS Steelerfan
03-14-2007, 08:47 PM
Yip-- I was thankful I got got take out Chili's tonight.. Then you skip the Margueritas or Carona's.... That really adds up---

PsychoWard
03-14-2007, 08:48 PM
yes that is true!!!! that will for sure add up and those are oh so good too!lol

MRS Steelerfan
03-14-2007, 08:52 PM
Too good--

floodcitygirl
03-14-2007, 08:53 PM
If I get a craving for Mexican, I get fajitas and just tell them to skip the tortillas. Had some this past week. Yum!

MRS Steelerfan
03-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Yeh , another one of my Chili favs-- mushroom Jack fajita with not shell.. YUM.. but still need the DRINKS...

floodcitygirl
03-14-2007, 09:08 PM
Yeh , another one of my Chili favs-- mushroom Jack fajita with not shell.. YUM.. but still need the DRINKS...True! You can't give up EVERYTHING, ya know! I'd rather have a drink than a tortilla any day of the week! lol

PsychoWard
03-14-2007, 11:17 PM
yes that is true!!!!

steelersgal86
03-19-2007, 07:26 AM
I swear you and your Brother must have fought to be in the Kitchen when you were younger.:yesnod: :lol:

LOL you in the kitchen....lol...never ..... nice steal on the recipe by the way

floodcitygirl
03-19-2007, 10:48 AM
LOL you in the kitchen....lol...never ..... nice steal on the recipe by the waySG...are you saying that someone here was embellishing their talents??? :jawdrop: :popcorn:

PsychoWard
03-19-2007, 11:00 AM
LOL you in the kitchen....lol...never ..... nice steal on the recipe by the way

lol yeah ok me get recipes from you??? you can't make toast without burning it.

steelersgal86
03-19-2007, 11:30 AM
lol yeah ok me get recipes from you??? you can't make toast without burning it.

all i can say is you got alot of nerve...