Koopa
03-13-2007, 11:17 PM
i'd hate those picks.......poz is a middle linebacker in our system

willis is already a middle linebacker in college

they will be good players, but they wouldn't help us

and we don't need a corner

K Train
03-13-2007, 11:22 PM
chris houston with the 15th pick????????????? gil brant needs to go kill himslef

BlackGold4vr
03-13-2007, 11:37 PM
i'd hate those picks.......poz is a middle linebacker in our system

willis is already a middle linebacker in college

they will be good players, but they wouldn't help us

and we don't need a corner

:iagree:

TEEMONT
03-14-2007, 11:27 AM
I dont think Poz or Willis would be bad picks.....you guy sneed to be a bit more open minded......so what if they played MLB in college, or you "think" they are an MLB in our system. Some guys are just athletes, and Willis is on of them.

Look at Farrior, he played OLB for the jets, and came here and fit right in as a MLB. It may be he was more of a natural MLB, but he wasn't too bad as a Jet playing the outside either. Football players are pretty versatile. I know it was only high school (in college I just payed Center) but on the D side of the ball, I played every position except CB during the course of my senior year. If you can ball, and are the right size, you can play any LB spot.

House of Steel
03-14-2007, 11:31 AM
Gil Brandt ate a bad plate of beans to choose that kind of a pick for us. He is losing his manhood to say that. :smh2:

Black@Gold Forever32
03-14-2007, 12:10 PM
I dont think Poz or Willis would be bad picks.....you guy sneed to be a bit more open minded......so what if they played MLB in college, or you "think" they are an MLB in our system. Some guys are just athletes, and Willis is on of them.

Look at Farrior, he played OLB for the jets, and came here and fit right in as a MLB. It may be he was more of a natural MLB, but he wasn't too bad as a Jet playing the outside either. Football players are pretty versatile. I know it was only high school (in college I just payed Center) but on the D side of the ball, I played every position except CB during the course of my senior year. If you can ball, and are the right size, you can play any LB spot.

Good post Stillers and I agree.:bigthumb: I rather have Willis then Puz. Its not that I don't think Puz is a good football player. I think Willis is going to be better player in the NFL.

Captcoolhand
03-14-2007, 03:29 PM
:dunno:Usually these guys are pretty good at making there pedictions:yesnod: They pick us to take Heath Miller

K Train
03-14-2007, 03:57 PM
when we drafted heath that was our only gaping hole.....i wasnt surprised there at all, i was surprised at the bengal slay but only cause i thought he would be gone

Koopa
03-14-2007, 04:59 PM
heath was a no brainer, he had that hernea so they knew he was gonna fall to us, and it was obvious cowher wanted a new tight end for ben rothelisberger so that wasn't hard to pick, almost every site had us taking heath miller....... like they say, even a stopped clock is right twice a day

K Train
03-14-2007, 05:14 PM
like they say, even a stopped clock is right twice a day

ok college boy lol

kgreen
03-14-2007, 08:15 PM
:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:
Pre-draft talk gets boring after a while....................

Koopa
03-14-2007, 08:16 PM
but there's nothing else to talk about

K Train
03-14-2007, 08:17 PM
yeah what else are we gonna talk about pre draft?

Ambridge
03-20-2007, 08:56 AM
Pat Kirwin just came out with his third mock draft and he still has Posluzsny going to the Steelers in the first round.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-20-2007, 10:28 AM
If Poz or Willis could make the transition to OLB it wouldn't be a bad pick atleast IMO, but I'd much rather have Spencer right now mainly because he's already used to playing on the outside.

steeljmd
03-26-2007, 05:01 PM
I think Poz would be a great pick, even at 15. He will bring the leadership that this teams needs. As far as his position, the more I read many so called "experts" say he could play the OLB or ILB in either scheme. I don't think with what he would bring to the table (2 years All-Ameican on and off the field, 2 years a captain, a leader, hard worker, smart and a person who knows what this teams means to the city and the fans) that this pick has much of a down side. It's not the flashy or sexy pick, but if you listen to Tomlin talk......Character, smarts, a quality person, etc., to me his is all of the above.

MillerTime83
03-27-2007, 04:23 AM
heath was a no brainer, he had that hernea so they knew he was gonna fall to us, and it was obvious cowher wanted a new tight end for ben rothelisberger so that wasn't hard to pick, almost every site had us taking heath miller....... like they say, even a stopped clock is right twice a day

Ok and trading up for num 43 that was a pretty good move too. Also Holmes will pay off for the 2nd rounder we had to trade for him last year. These guys know what they are doing. Personally I like PUZ:bigthumb: , but thats just me.

Just a reminder... All of these guys are still playing on our team at a high level

2006 1. pick 25 Santonio Holmes
2005 1. pick 30 Heath Miller
2004 1. pick 11 Ben Roethlisberger
2003 1. pick 16 Troy Polamalu
2002 1. pick 30 Kendall Simmons
2001 1. pick 19 Casey Hampton
1998 1. pick 26 Alan Faneca

jasonbay
03-27-2007, 09:04 AM
I hope they make Heath more of a target this yr , I would like to see him get around 60-70 catchs, and what is the steelers record for tds by TE , Miller has 11 so far that has to be getting pretty close.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Personally there's no way Poz falls to us in the 2nd round, if he does fall it will be to a late first round but he won't be there in the 2nd for us. They have mentioned that he is willing to make the transition to the outside spot if need be so he can do it.

steelcitysfinestXL
03-30-2007, 10:16 AM
Good post Stillers and I agree.:bigthumb: I rather have Willis then Puz. Its not that I don't think Puz is a good football player. I think Willis is going to be better player in the NFL.

Not really sure how much steeler/ PSU football you actually watch (not to be rude) but im not sure you really know what your saying. To play OLB or SS in this 3-4 (zone blitzing) you have to be a fast-head smart player (Troy and Porter). Knowing where the holes in the zones are gonna be when people blitz and having the speed to get into those zones is key. Paul is that guy, and he isnt a MLB he is a natural OLB, he moved there his senior year to fill the holes in the defense and did a hell of a job doing it. Porter was a great pass rusher, always was, always will be. That is where Paul might have trouble immediately stepping in to replace a guy like Porter. Paul, is a athelete, a hitter, and a VERY football smart guy. He defines what a steelers linebacker is and should be. With all that said i really dont think he will be drafted by us. Look for the Pats to grab him after we pass on him, and watch him turn into one of the greats in the NFL.

steelcitysfinestXL
03-30-2007, 10:20 AM
Remember, before he was injured in the orange bowl last year alot of people had him drafted ahead of AJ Hawk and Bobby Carpenter as a top 10 pick if he would of elected to enter the draft as a Junior.

strong D
04-03-2007, 08:18 AM
If tomlins plan is to go to a 4-3 we will need pass rushing de's and a stud midde linebacker which i believe willis will be maybe like an urlacher