PDA

View Full Version : im just wondering

ajhawkistheman
03-11-2007, 09:52 PM
how upset are you guys that jerry porter left? im just wondering cuz if i were as die hard steeler fans as u guys, i would be punchin somethin right about now

K Train
03-11-2007, 09:58 PM
jerry porter
:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Steelerlyn
03-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Speaking for myself, I go with the name on the front of the jersey as opposed to the name on the back of the jersey. Porter did the Steelers well but he wanted more ca ching than the Steelers were willing to provide him with. No one is irreplaceable. I agree with whatever the organization's front office comes up with. I am a diehard Steeler fan. :bigthumb:

DIESELMAN
how upset are you guys that jerry porter left? im just wondering cuz if i were as die hard steeler fans as u guys, i would be punchin somethin right about now

I think Jerry Porter will stay in Oakland so I'm not upset at all. :banana:

SteelersfaninPhilly

:bluelol: :bluelol: :bluelol: :bluelol: :bluelol:

House of Steel
03-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Porter was bound to go cause he was due a roster bouns. I would of let him go. We got a decent replacement in James Harrison. I am sure we will address this in the draft. Am I mad about Porter leaving, Of course, but I can see why the Steelers did it, and it is all economic.

BlitzburghNation
03-11-2007, 10:01 PM
It's Joey not Jerry :scratch: That's okay simple mistake !
Far as Porter leaving,kinda getting used to players :popcorn: I seen it coming
not happy about it,but what can you do :dunno: We'll be fine,not really worried,watch harrison step up :tt02:
I'm just glad he didn't hook up with any of our northern rival teams :popcorn:

House of Steel
03-11-2007, 10:01 PM
I caught that too, but at least give me credit, I was NOT ignorant. :lol:

SteelersfaninPhilly
03-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Glad he is gone

BBG7
03-11-2007, 10:02 PM
there are a million threads on the topic. If you really want to know...read up!

PsychoWard
03-11-2007, 10:04 PM
don't like to see him leave but got to have faith in tomlin and the rooneys!

ajhawkistheman
03-11-2007, 10:24 PM
lol you all know i ment joey, wtf is wrong with me i put jerry lol, sorry i was too lazy to read up

BlitzburghRockCity
03-11-2007, 11:00 PM
there are a million threads on the topic. If you really want to know...read up!

No doubt, there's almost as many about Porter leaving as there was about Cowher leaving :lol:

Most on this board wanted him to stay, but knew he'd want more money than we could pay him.

BBG7
03-11-2007, 11:05 PM
lol you all know i ment joey, wtf is wrong with me i put jerry lol, sorry i was too lazy to read up
I wasn't trying to be rude...the topic is jsut getting a little old and there are so many threads on the topic.

tony hipchest
03-11-2007, 11:37 PM
lol you all know i ment joey, wtf is wrong with me i put jerry lol, sorry i was too lazy to read upwell if you are a green bay fan and if farve is one of your favorite players, i guess it could be comparable to cutting him 3 years ago.

(and i already know joey isnt a hall of famer or multiple time mvp)

steelcurtaingal
03-12-2007, 08:16 AM
Speaking for myself, I go with the name on the front of the jersey as opposed to the name on the back of the jersey. Porter did the Steelers well but he wanted more ca ching than the Steelers were willing to provide him with. No one is irreplaceable. I agree with whatever the organization's front office comes up with. I am a diehard Steeler fan. :bigthumb:

:iagree:
You tell em!

BlitzburghRockCity
03-12-2007, 02:01 PM
Not having Joey here with us won't truly sink in until Sept when the regular season starts and there's no 55 on the field :(

BlackGold4vr
03-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Should we end up with Spencer (and I personally think its going to be either him or Carriker) and he turns out to be the beast we all think he is. Porter won't be missed! Might sound like a cruel thing to say but if we get an upgrade in the play at the position.....Joey will be quickly forgotten!

Have said this before....Our defense will improve even if we do nothing to improve it! If our offense starts playing like they are capable of and can control the line of scrimmage, the defense will improve simply by not being on the field as much as they were last year! There were a lot of games last year where Ben looked dysfunctional and it translated over to our offense being completely out of sync! If our offense is clicking like they are capable of then the defense will be better! I am sure you have all heard that the best defense is a great offense! Hard for the other team to score when their offense is on the sidelines watching. :yesnod:

SteelerNation
03-12-2007, 02:25 PM
:bluelol: :bluelol: :bluelol: Jerry Porter :banana:

SteelersfaninPhilly
03-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Not having Joey here with us won't truly sink in until Sept when the regular season starts and there's no 55 on the field :(

There might be a 55 on the field. Depends if the steelers give out the number.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-12-2007, 03:21 PM
There might be a 55 on the field. Depends if the steelers give out the number.

Now you know what I mean when I say "there won't be a 55 out on the field" , Im not just talking about the number :redcool:

SteelersfaninPhilly
03-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Now you know what I mean when I say "there won't be a 55 out on the field" , Im not just talking about the number :redcool:

You can always buy this.

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/9075/jp55tg8.th.jpg (http://img235.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jp55tg8.jpg)

Captcoolhand
03-12-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm not going to look but i hope its not like TG's honda

BlitzburghRockCity
03-12-2007, 03:52 PM
You can always buy this.

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/9075/jp55tg8.th.jpg (http://img235.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jp55tg8.jpg)

Sacrilege man, that's total sacrilege ! :nono: I still can't bear the thought of seeing Joey in Teal !

Captcoolhand
03-12-2007, 04:01 PM
Sacrilege man, that's total sacrilege ! :nono: I still can't bear the thought of seeing Joey in Teal !
Don't feel bad TG- Steelers.com still have him flexing on their home page:lol: But I agree,I believe that if Porter would of just said," Look pay me my bonus" and (worked out the rest) he would of stayed :yesnod: At least 1 more year. (THATS AL HE HAD LEFT WITH THIS TEAM)

SteelersfaninPhilly
03-12-2007, 05:51 PM

That is not sacrilege the Joey Porter era is dead! Time to move on to better things. Either Harrison will step up or we will draft someone. Then your all going to be saying Joey who.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-12-2007, 06:40 PM
That is not sacrilege the Joey Porter era is dead! Time to move on to better things. Either Harrison will step up or we will draft someone. Then your all going to be saying Joey who.

Just like we all still say Lamert who, or Jack Ham who, or Bradshaw who? No way dude !!

sure players move on, it happens every year. There's always a physical body to stick in there but not always the same quality player to stick in there. You can bet your last dollar you'll never hear me say Joey who !

and just for the record, no Im not comparing Joey to those players, Im just making a point.

SteelersfaninPhilly
03-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Just like we all still say Lamert who, or Jack Ham who, or Bradshaw who? No way dude !!

sure players move on, it happens every year. There's always a physical body to stick in there but not always the same quality player to stick in there. You can bet your last dollar you'll never hear me say Joey who !

and just for the record, no Im not comparing Joey to those players, Im just making a point.

So when you buying the porter fins jersey TG? :lol:

Stairwayto7
03-12-2007, 07:12 PM

I wanna be upset, but we do trust the Steelers, we all wanted Llyodd to stay, and Gildon, and Greene, and Earl Holmes etc. But the get around 30 years old, and gone. Our biggst fear is "Who replaces him?" We`ve alwalys have had great depth at LB, hell Vrabel really couldnt crack our lineup, but I`m not sure where the depth is now. I love Porter, I love his kind of play. I`m not pissed that HE is gone, I`m pissed that we might not have his replacement.

BBC
03-12-2007, 07:59 PM
Meh, Joey is replaceable. I loved watching the guy play for the Steelers, and would have been ecstatic if they would have kept him in Pittsburgh, but the bottom line is that he was expendable, and he wanted more than he was worth.

The Steelers will live, but it's too bad that Joey had to leave.

ajhawkistheman
03-12-2007, 09:36 PM
haha you guys are awesome, thanks for all the input and im sorry to bring up bad memories for those of you who would like to forget for awhile