PDA

View Full Version : Stallworth to the Pats.....

DIESELMAN
03-11-2007, 11:30 AM
ESPN.com reports a league source has told Michael Smith of ESPN.com free agent WR Donte' Stallworth (Eagles) will sign a six-year contract with the New England Patriots. The deal is believed to be worth a little more than $30 million with close to $12 million guaranteed.

House of Steel
03-11-2007, 11:31 AM
Damn them asses up there. :bigfinger:

Captcoolhand
03-11-2007, 11:36 AM
Does McNabb have any one left to throw the ball to:dunno: :lol:

SteelCityMan786
03-11-2007, 11:37 AM
Does McNabb have any one left to throw the ball to:dunno: :lol:

No, other then Reggie Brown which is a joke receiver. I think this drops my Philly Prediction from 8-8 to 4-12. This is too nice of me though to predict them to have 4 wins. :hilarious: BACK TO THE BASEMENT WHERE YOU BELONG PHILLY!:lol:

Blitzburgh55
03-11-2007, 11:40 AM
McNabb won last 2 games before being out for the year

Captcoolhand
03-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Well, I know who i won't be drafting in Next seasons FF:lol:

BlackGold4vr
03-11-2007, 11:50 AM
Oh, and lets not forget these bastards get *** 2 *** 1st round picks this year! Of course I still like our Steelers chances but damned if New England isn't reloaded and ready to compete near the top of the conference for another 5 or 6 years? I can't see any playoff scenario that wouldn't involve a tough match-up with the Patriots! The Colts have regressed a little IMO and will have a much tougher time trying to repeat! As good as these free agent signings make them.....add another top LB and a first round WR? They are gonna be really tough to beat! :cursin:

TEEMONT
03-11-2007, 01:19 PM
When does McNabb ever have anyone to throw to? They still playin the NFC, and in a division where teams have either changed coaches, lost their best player, or are the Redskins. McNabb stays healthy, the Eagles go at least 9-7.

SteelersfaninPhilly
03-11-2007, 01:53 PM
Stallworth's deal is actually a one year deal. He is due an 8 million dollar bonus next march. Which he will not see. Of course he still might cut before that if he takes another step in the substance abuse program of the NFL.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-11-2007, 02:37 PM
Oh, and lets not forget these bastards get *** 2 *** 1st round picks this year! Of course I still like our Steelers chances but damned if New England isn't reloaded and ready to compete near the top of the conference for another 5 or 6 years? I can't see any playoff scenario that wouldn't involve a tough match-up with the Patriots! The Colts have regressed a little IMO and will have a much tougher time trying to repeat! As good as these free agent signings make them.....add another top LB and a first round WR? They are gonna be really tough to beat! :cursin:

No doubt, as if Tom Brady actually needs anymore weapons around him to make them competitive they go out and start making some big splashes in FA to really bolster their team. I guess Kraft finally listened to Brady and is going out and getting him some decent weapons.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Except when Donte (pulled hamstring) Stallworth pull his hamstring again then he will be no good for the Pats anyway.lol

K Train
03-11-2007, 03:39 PM
stallworths a joke made of glass with butterfingers

PsychoWard
03-11-2007, 03:55 PM
is he really worth that much money???:nono:

SteelersfaninPhilly
03-11-2007, 04:10 PM
is he really worth that much money???:nono:

He will NEVER see the full vaule of his contract.

PsychoWard
03-11-2007, 04:19 PM
He will NEVER see the full vaule of his contract.

well not many players do but 12millon garenteed?

Black@Gold Forever32
03-11-2007, 04:21 PM
well not many players do but 12millon garenteed?

What I don't understand the Pats were famous for not giving their own players that won Super Bowls the money they deserved besides Brady/Seymour but they will over pay for players like Stallworth and Thomas? I really hope both players are free agent busts for the Pats.:bluelol:

I think both Thomas and Stallworth are over-rated anyway.

PsychoWard
03-11-2007, 04:24 PM
What I don't understand the Pats were famous for not giving their own player that won Super Bowl the money they deserved besides Brady/Seymour but they will over pay for players like Stallworth and Thomas? I really hope both players are free agent busts for the Pats.:bluelol:

yeah i would have to agree with that!!!!

House of Steel
03-11-2007, 04:27 PM
I hope that whole Pats team bust a nut and go falter into the Boston Harbor. :bigfinger: I am one major Pats hater. :cursin:

DIESELMAN
03-11-2007, 04:36 PM
What I don't understand the Pats were famous for not giving their own players that won Super Bowls the money they deserved besides Brady/Seymour but they will over pay for players like Stallworth and Thomas? I really hope both players are free agent busts for the Pats.:bluelol:

I hope Thomas pulls a Hartwell on the Pats.....:hilarious:

Black@Gold Forever32
03-11-2007, 04:41 PM
I hope Thomas pulls a Hartwell on the Pats.....:hilarious:

lol that would be so sweet. Hey I remember when people thought Hartwell was the next big thing and the Falcons made a great signing when they signed him.

DIESELMAN
03-11-2007, 04:51 PM
lol that would be so sweet. Hey I remember when people thought Hartwell was the next big thing and the Falcons made a great signing when they signed him.

lol.....he played in like 13 games in 2 years in Atlanta not bad for a six-year, $26.25 million contract. :lol:

DIESELMAN
03-11-2007, 05:47 PM
Stallworth's deal is actually a one year deal. He is due an 8 million dollar bonus next march. Which he will not see. Of course he still might cut before that if he takes another step in the substance abuse program of the NFL.

Stallworth will receive an initial signing bonus of $1 million, a roster bonus of $1.6 million and a $300,000 workout bonus, to go along with his 2007 base salary of $700,000. That totals $3.6 million for the coming season.

It's after the 2007 season, however, when the really big money could potentially kick in.

For the Patriots to retain Stallworth for the 2008 season, they must pay him an option bonus of $6 million by Feb. 25, 2008. There is a subsequent roster bonus of $2 million due on March 1, a second roster bonus of $1.6 million based on playing time, a base salary of $1 million and a $400,000 workout bonus. That totals an exorbitant $11 million for 2008, or a two-year total of $14.6 million.

To keep Stallworth for 2009, the Patriots would have to pay another option bonus, this one of $2 million, by Feb. 25 of that year. In terms of bonuses and base salary, the 2009 season would be worth $5 million to Stallworth, for a three-year total of $19.6 million.

The final three seasons of the contract all include workout bonuses of $500,000 each and base salaries of $4 million each. The maximum value of the contract, if the Patriots were to keep Stallworth for all six years, is $33.1 million.

An initial report on ESPN.com saying the deal was worth a guaranteed $12 million was later clarified by a source, who said the deal -- which only guarantees one year -- gives Stallworth and the Patriots flexibility.

jayson_wv
03-11-2007, 10:19 PM
this is bad news for every team!

BlitzburghNation
03-12-2007, 12:07 AM
That sucks :cursin: But at least he'll be a good fantasy player :lol:

Ambridge
03-12-2007, 01:14 PM
Except when Donte (pulled hamstring) Stallworth pull his hamstring again then he will be no good for the Pats anyway.lol

Stallworth does have a rep for being injured a lot and like K Train pointed out he also drops the football quite a bit as well so I don't think this is a huge move by New England.

I wonder if the Pats are giving up on Chad Jackson already??