PDA

View Full Version : Don't forget about Kuhn

BlitzburghRockCity
03-09-2007, 11:47 PM
Im telling ya, and yes that means you too Koopa since we all know you think he sucks...

John is a local guy from my area, and he's hungry this year in a big way to make an impact and get more playing time. He's in shape, tough, strong, physical, has decent hands. He was in a local bar here a couple weeks back sporting his SB ring and hanging out with some friends. Helluva nice guy, built like a brick **** house, and ready to try and :stirpot: at the RB position this year.

If he works hard he can make this team. It won't be easy and there will be a lot of competition in front of him but he can do it so just keep an eye on the dude cuz you never know.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-09-2007, 11:53 PM
Im telling ya, and yes that means you too Koopa since we all know you think he sucks...

John is a local guy from my area, and he's hungry this year in a big way to make an impact and get more playing time. He's in shape, tough, strong, physical, has decent hands. He was in a local bar here a couple weeks back sporting his SB ring and hanging out with some friends. Helluva nice guy, built like a brick **** house, and ready to try and :stirpot: at the RB position this year.

If he works hard he can make this team. It won't be easy and there will be a lot of competition in front of him but he can do it so just keep an eye on the dude cuz you never know.

Well I think Willie Parker taught alot of people never to count out the under dog. That is what Kuhn is. Hey I'm all for giving the guy a chance. I'm just not betting on him to become the next big thing. But like you said Top, you just never know.:bigthumb:

K Train
03-09-2007, 11:56 PM
**** kuhn you kow whos better......
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/K-Train89/leonard.jpg

BlacknGold Bleeder
03-10-2007, 12:16 AM

it may come down to who is more affordable...

tony hipchest
03-10-2007, 01:40 AM
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/K-Train89/leonard.jpg

is that lendale white???

or someone much less productive who played for a far more inferior program? :hilarious:

im a leonard fan and would probably like to see him drafted in the 4th. but he is no bettis. neither is kuhn. nor c. humes. or duckett. in fact, finding another back like bettis is a pipe dream. we just so happened to be lucky enough to have the best big back of all time. as far as 240+ lb backs are concerned there have been 2 excellent ones in recent history. jerome and jamal lewis. take a look at how high they were drafted.

and not to turn this into a race thing, but in the past 20 years, out of probably 1000 rb's to play in the league, how many WHITE running backs have even had a 100 yard game?

i'll say 2. merrill hoge and mike alstott. sorry, but i think i'll take my chances with a midget like maurice jones drew.

K Train
03-10-2007, 01:58 AM
Leonard was a beast through college, he was highly recruited and chose RU. I would love to have leonard, hes such a good weapon and a tough runner who catches the ball very well. Now i would want michael bush over leonard but i think leonard would fit in well with us. of course hes being called a FB because hes white but i think he will be a good RB with whoever he ends up with....i think tomlin goes RB in the second, hes mentioned it a few times and i think he does it.

tony hipchest
03-10-2007, 02:26 AM
i think tomlin goes RB in the second, hes mentioned it a few times and i think he does it.so if 5-8 running backs go in the 1st 36 picks you think tomlin is gonna take the 9th ranked rb in the 2nd?

thats a good way to get fired pretty quickly. if thats what tomlin is thinking, im glad colbert is there to keep him in check. unless a top 2 wr or top 3 rb on our board falls to us at pick #37 we will be taking either a dl, lb, or ol with our 1st 2 picks. you dont spend a #2 pick on a complimentary back. willie is the future and he isnt going nowhere anytime soon.

addai, maroney, drew, and bush were all drafted to be the future.

dillon, rhodes are gone and you can bet mccalister and taylor will be gone before bush or drew.

jayson_wv
03-10-2007, 03:00 AM
kuhn is a beast! he will be an impact if he gets the chance. he had like 5 carries last year and averaged like 10 per!

soon there will be a "KUHN DOGS" section at heinz field!

Koopa
03-10-2007, 03:09 AM
it's not that i think he sucks, it's more that it was sickening the way ppl on that waterdown steelers site was all over him. ppl were so desperate for a big back that they made him out to be the best thing since slice bread..... he has yet to show promise, ppl need to stop comparing him to what willie went through, at least with willie i had a feeling he was gonna be good, and it turned out right, and at least in his little time he showed he could be good his rookie year.....kuhn is nothing more then just a 3rd stringer at best. he will never make an impact in this league, maybe if he goes up north he can do good, but he will never be the reason we win a game.

Blitzburgh55
03-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Who? I already Forgot about him

He is nothin special

kgreen
03-10-2007, 10:41 AM

I was always wondering about him! I hope he can make the team.:popcorn:

House of Steel
03-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Khun is on the radar, I am hoping he works like a horse in training camp and prove to Tomlin, he deserves a chance in hell to play in the game. He could be a dark horse on our team. I would say, NEVER SAY NEVER!!!

kgreen
03-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Khun is on the radar, I am hoping he works like a horse in training camp and prove to Tomlin, he deserves a chance in hell to play in the game. He could be a dark horse on our team. I would say, NEVER SAY NEVER!!!

:yesnod: I agree.

Friday133
03-10-2007, 11:44 AM
I like Kuhn, gotta love a fellow Shippensburg grad!

BlackGold4vr
03-10-2007, 11:57 AM
it's not that i think he sucks, it's more that it was sickening the way ppl on that waterdown steelers site was all over him. ppl were so desperate for a big back that they made him out to be the best thing since slice bread..... he has yet to show promise, ppl need to stop comparing him to what willie went through, at least with willie i had a feeling he was gonna be good, and it turned out right, and at least in his little time he showed he could be good his rookie year.....kuhn is nothing more then just a 3rd stringer at best. he will never make an impact in this league, maybe if he goes up north he can do good, but he will never be the reason we win a game.

I think Kuhn is destined to be a special teams guy for a few years and then fade away. Don't see him being a playmaker that will change the outcomes of games. He is a role player at best, not a star and never will be! Nothing wrong with being a role player......every team needs them to succeed! He will probably be 4th on the depth chart if he makes the team. I figure whatever back we draft will be fighting with Dookie for playing time as #2 on the depth chart. :yesnod:

:touchdownrun:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-10-2007, 12:12 PM

Nobody is comparing him to Willie, Jerome, or anybody else. You can't say that he's only a 3rd stringer in this league justbecause has yet to show any promise?? comon Koop you can do better than that. The guy has barely played so you can't judge him. Havent we been through this with other players before, or do I have to come to Texas and kick your *** :bluelol:

Koopa
03-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Nobody is comparing him to Willie, Jerome, or anybody else. You can't say that he's only a 3rd stringer in this league justbecause has yet to show any promise?? comon Koop you can do better than that. The guy has barely played so you can't judge him. Havent we been through this with other players before, or do I have to come to Texas and kick your *** :bluelol:

ppl come him to what willie went through, maybe not on this board but on the watered down site, they act like he's jeromes baby from a white lady.......

i barely saw willie play and he looked like he had the it factor, and i got a strong feeling willie was gonna succeed

kuhn, i get nothing, he has showed nothing in his little time he's gotten

i guarantee you he will not make the roster this year

SteelersfaninPhilly
03-10-2007, 03:18 PM
ppl come him to what willie went through, maybe not on this board but on the watered down site, they act like he's jeromes baby from a white lady.......

i barely saw willie play and he looked like he had the it factor, and i got a strong feeling willie was gonna succeed

Dam Koopa, I did not you were such a scout.

BlackGold4vr
03-10-2007, 04:40 PM

Tiki said in his commercial that he learned that opportunities may come only once and you had better be ready to sieze the opportunity when it comes! So true, so true! When truly great players get their chance they make it hard for the coach to ever take them back out of the line-up! I believe great players will play their way into the starting line-up by siezing opportunities! If Kuhn is a great player he will play his way into the line-up by siezing the opportunities he is given! If he can't do that he'll be packing his trash! :yesnod:

K Train
03-10-2007, 08:46 PM
so if 5-8 running backs go in the 1st 36 picks you think tomlin is gonna take the 9th ranked rb in the 2nd?

thats a good way to get fired pretty quickly. if thats what tomlin is thinking, im glad colbert is there to keep him in check. unless a top 2 wr or top 3 rb on our board falls to us at pick #37 we will be taking either a dl, lb, or ol with our 1st 2 picks. you dont spend a #2 pick on a complimentary back. willie is the future and he isnt going nowhere anytime soon.

addai, maroney, drew, and bush were all drafted to be the future.

dillon, rhodes are gone and you can bet mccalister and taylor will be gone before bush or drew.
ok so you think 8 runningbacks are gonna go in the 1st round and 4 picks into the second :scratch:

and you do get a good RB in the second if a good RB is there in the second, especially when you have a guy like willie who is a good back but cant just grind out a d or take time off the clock, najeh was kept around to run screens and play on ST....hes not the answer for a runner. If michael bush was there in thesecond and we didnt take him i would be pissed, i could see us going for leonard also, and hunt would probably be there in the 3rd....but willie cant carry the full load and i hate when people think he can, sure hes good but just becaue you like him doesnt mean he can do everything, i saw him get owned against the better defenses last year and thought mabey a bigger runner might help him a little, not to mention keep him fresh throughout the game.....Runningback is an issue that needs to be addressed, nufced.

tony hipchest
03-10-2007, 09:46 PM
ok so you think 8 runningbacks are gonna go in the 1st round and 4 picks into the second :scratch:

and you do get a good RB in the second if a good RB is there in the second, especially when you have a guy like willie who is a good back but cant just grind out a d or take time off the clock, najeh was kept around to run screens and play on ST....hes not the answer for a runner. If michael bush was there in thesecond and we didnt take him i would be pissed, i could see us going for leonard also, and hunt would probably be there in the 3rd....but willie cant carry the full load and i hate when people think he can, sure hes good but just becaue you like him doesnt mean he can do everything, i saw him get owned against the better defenses last year and thought mabey a bigger runner might help him a little, not to mention keep him fresh throughout the game.....Runningback is an issue that needs to be addressed, nufced.youve missed the point and ive seen jerome get stuffed by the "better defenses".

the steelers could draft a complimentary rb in the 2nd round, although it would be highly uncharacteristic. when is the last time they even took a STARTING back in the 2nd round or higher? (rhetorical question)

BlitzburghRockCity
03-11-2007, 01:12 AM

I'll bet you 20,000 points from my own pocket, not an admin donate, that he makes the team this year. I think the dude is a sleeper guy for us and he just might suprise some people.

jayson_wv
03-11-2007, 11:12 PM
najeh is not the answer. he is just NOT the answer. he needs 2 or 3 steps to get going. he's not quick at all. willie alone isn't the answer. we need that 3rd down type of back again. that 1,2 offspeed punch. will gone...someone else punishing people! that isn't davenport at all. he's nice on screens etc. but he will not pick up 3 and 1's. for reasons i stated earlier...

we need a shut down corner
we need to trade a few smurfs for a tall receiver
we need a 3rd down beast
we need an O lineman
and we need a new vocal leader!

i take kuhn over davenport!

K Train
03-11-2007, 11:19 PM
najeh is not the answer. he is just NOT the answer. he needs 2 or 3 steps to get going. he's not quick at all. willie alone isn't the answer. we need that 3rd down type of back again. that 1,2 offspeed punch. will gone...someone else punishing people! that isn't davenport at all. he's nice on screens etc. but he will not pick up 3 and 1's. for reasons i stated earlier...

we need a 3rd down beast
we need an O lineman

i think we're ok at corner.....theres not "shutdown corners" anymore especially since the offense has such an advantage. Tall WR are overrated, Ward is clutch and Holmes is gonna be a badass for us, Washington came on at the end and hes a leaper...wilson is a scrub, cut his bitch ***. Our oline is shaping up nice IMO, i think were ok there.....and vocal leader...blah, someone always fills that roll.

Anyway....**** kuhn, keep najeh for ST and screens and draft Bush/Leonard/Hunt

BlitzburghRockCity
03-11-2007, 11:30 PM
we need a shut down corner - We have McFadden and Taylor, they won't go Corner at all on day 1, they've got too much invested in those 2 at this point.

we need to trade a few smurfs for a tall receiver - Hines and Santonio are the starters this year. Nate will get his chances and the rest is up for grabs. I'd like to see us get a tall, big guy at WR. Walter Young will get his shot with us too this year.

we need a 3rd down beast - Perhaps that is Najeh, Kuhn, or a draft pick, at this point it's anybody's guess.

we need an O lineman - We've got plenty of options at OL now with Mahan signed. We've invested a lot in Colon, Essex, Kemoeatu, and Philp along with Simmons, Starks, and Okobi so it's time for them to all step up and fight for a job and win it outright. I do think we need to go OL on day 1 still just because it's that important to our success.

and we need a new vocal leader! - Absolutely, but who that is now we'll have to wait and see but someone will need to step up.

Koopa
03-11-2007, 11:42 PM
like k-train said, a tall wr is so damn overrated.........we have our tall target and his name is heath miller

BlitzburghRockCity
03-11-2007, 11:57 PM
Using Heath is a huge priority, but having at least 1 tall WR to stretch the field is big plus too.

K Train
03-11-2007, 11:58 PM
lets just draft calvin johnson....we'll have to sell our souls to get him lol

TEEMONT
03-12-2007, 12:00 AM
Kuhn will get his chance.....he deserves it....even if he is white.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-12-2007, 12:00 AM

Stop encouraging the race riots man :bluelol:

kgreen
03-12-2007, 12:01 AM

What is that suposed to mean? Are the Steelers suddenly racist at the RB position?

K Train
03-12-2007, 12:02 AM
RB is by far the most racist position in football lol

TEEMONT
03-12-2007, 12:04 AM
What is that suposed to mean? Are the Steelers suddenly racist at the RB position?

ummm when was the last time you saw a white RB play for the Steelers? FB does not count. Merril Hoge? and that man is knocked silly.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-12-2007, 12:05 AM

Nah, don't read anything into it, it's just an ongoing thing with Ktrain and Koopa originally spouting off about it and several others joining in :lol:

kgreen
03-12-2007, 12:05 AM

we need a 3rd down beast
we need an O lineman

:lol: smurfs:lol: I hope your talking about Cedric and Lee Mays (I thought he was dead). We do need a true shut down corner, but not in the first round. We have more pressing needs.

kgreen
03-12-2007, 12:07 AM
ummm when was the last time you saw a white RB play for the Steelers? FB does not count. Merril Hoge? and that man is knocked silly.

So we are racist at the running back position! I knew it!

TEEMONT
03-12-2007, 12:14 AM
So we are racist at the running back position! I knew it!

I figure if we have a black coach we should have a white RB....it's only fair.

Anyways that me being real sarcastic, all I am saying is Kuhn deserves a chance....Koop is quick to throw the F*** Kuhn out, but never really gives any reasons, so me, being the sarcstic ******* I am, try to turn it into a race thing.....b/c I'm bored.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-12-2007, 12:30 AM
Koopa always throws the **** Kuhn thing around, same as he did with Najeh, but damn he sure is up Tomlin's jock isn't he :lol:

jayson_wv
03-12-2007, 03:15 AM
we need a shut down corner - We have McFadden and Taylor, they won't go Corner at all on day 1, they've got too much invested in those 2 at this point.

we need to trade a few smurfs for a tall receiver - Hines and Santonio are the starters this year. Nate will get his chances and the rest is up for grabs. I'd like to see us get a tall, big guy at WR. Walter Young will get his shot with us too this year.

we need a 3rd down beast - Perhaps that is Najeh, Kuhn, or a draft pick, at this point it's anybody's guess.

we need an O lineman - We've got plenty of options at OL now with Mahan signed. We've invested a lot in Colon, Essex, Kemoeatu, and Philp along with Simmons, Starks, and Okobi so it's time for them to all step up and fight for a job and win it outright. I do think we need to go OL on day 1 still just because it's that important to our success.

and we need a new vocal leader! - Absolutely, but who that is now we'll have to wait and see but someone will need to step up.

mahan will help alot. i just saw he signed.
i do not see how someone could say big/tall receivers are overrated??? it's pretty much simple physics. if you have 2 players same skills same everything but one is 5 inches taller....do the math...
ike was great 2 years ago. he shut down big mouth chad johnson for 3 games. i don't know what was wrong with him last year. all the corners got destroyed all year long..
i think the person that hurt pittsburgh the most last year was bill cowher. he just wasn't there. hopefully coach tom will have them amped up! everyone is fighting for jobs this year so that will be a big plus and motivation.

K Train
03-12-2007, 04:54 PM
ok but steve smith is 5-10 and hes a beast in all aspects of being a WR. Plaxico Buress is 6-5 and hes a bitch. Sure it might be great if your tall and can leap but its not absolutely neccessary unless someone like vick is throwing it

jayson_wv
03-12-2007, 05:07 PM
ok but steve smith is 5-10 and hes a beast in all aspects of being a WR. Plaxico Buress is 6-5 and hes a bitch. Sure it might be great if your tall and can leap but its not absolutely neccessary unless someone like vick is throwing it

all true, but steve smith is not your average 5"10 receiver! he plays like he's 9 foot tall.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-12-2007, 05:21 PM

Plax had all the tools to be a perennial pro bowler but his attitude and work ethic suck. We knew it and let him go, and now the Giants know it too.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-12-2007, 05:26 PM
Plax had all the tools to be a perennial pro bowler but his attitude and work ethic suck. We knew it and let him go, and now the Giants know it too.

:bigthumb:You hit the nail on the head about Plax. If he had the heart and work ethic of Hines Ward then he would be the best WR in the NFL with his physical talents.

K Train
03-12-2007, 05:43 PM
hes still a bitch, and thats my point....not all teams can have a calvin johnson or randy moss to stretch the field with but teams can still win without those types of players and lets not forget about washington....hes 6-1 and a leaper, i thinik he'll come around....he been a big play guy so far

Black@Gold Forever32
03-12-2007, 05:48 PM
hes still a bitch, and thats my point....not all teams can have a calvin johnson or randy moss to stretch the field with but teams can still win without those types of players and lets not forget about washington....hes 6-1 and a leaper, i thinik he'll come around....he been a big play guy so far

Nobody isn't saying that you can't win without a tall WR. But you're missing the mismatch problems taller WR's give defenses. Especially in the redzone. Now with Plax since he played like he was 5/11 instead of 6/5 most of the time he really didn't give the Steelers that advantage all of the time. But a player like Calvin Johnson would. Samething with Randy Moss when he feels like playing.:bluelol:

As for Nate Washington I like the kid to and he is coming around. But he needs to learn to hold onto the ball when being hit better to become that type of WR you're expecting.

K Train
03-12-2007, 05:56 PM
lol im not missing the point, its just i think its a little overrated thats all.....and this goes back to our huge redzone threat....i think his name is heath miller or something like that, i heard somewhere he is like 6-5 with great hands and has the potential to be a superstar or something along those lines :dunno: lol

Black@Gold Forever32
03-12-2007, 06:17 PM
lol im not missing the point, its just i think its a little overrated thats all.....and this goes back to our huge redzone threat....i think his name is heath miller or something like that, i heard somewhere he is like 6-5 with great hands and has the potential to be a superstar or something along those lines :dunno: lol

Ok smartass thanks for telling me who Heath Miller was like I havn't paid attention the last few years.:bluelol: I'm not trying to argue or anything just making a case that a tall WR gives an offense an advantage at times. I agree HT isn't everything but the Steelers have enough smurf WR's that adding a taller target would be a wise idea.:bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-12-2007, 06:23 PM
A tall WR does give teams alot of advantages in the red zone for sure. When you have a 6'5" guy in the back of the endzone going for a jump ball against a 5'11" CB, your guy should win that 80 percent of the time atleast.

Heath can be that guy for us in the end zone, the dude is money nearly every time he touches the ball. I think Nate can be a solid WR for us, he needs to work on his consistency. 1 play he's making a circus catch and the next he drops one that hits him right in the numbers.

Perhaps Walter Young is a diamond in the rough for us too.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-12-2007, 06:39 PM
A tall WR does give teams alot of advantages in the red zone for sure. When you have a 6'5" guy in the back of the endzone going for a jump ball against a 5'11" CB, your guy should win that 80 percent of the time atleast.

We saw that many times happen to the Steelers corners this past year. Oh the Chargers game and the Broncos game twice.lol

Heath can be that guy for us in the end zone, the dude is money nearly every time he touches the ball. I think Nate can be a solid WR for us, he needs to work on his consistency. 1 play he's making a circus catch and the next he drops one that hits him right in the numbers.

Perhaps Walter Young is a diamond in the rough for us too.

Yes Heath Miller is that target already. What does he have like 11 career TD's? Not bad for two years in the NFL and hardly the ball being thrown your way.

I just think the Steelers need that tall WR to go along with their collection of smurfs at WR. Yes Nate Washington has upside and I like him to. But he doesn't handle contact to well.lol But he is still young.

As for Walter Young he has been a career practice squad player for both the Panthers and Steelers. Its about time for him to turn the corner if he ever is going to do so.:bluelol:

Koopa
03-12-2007, 06:55 PM
how come when ppl talk about a tall wr they mention to spread the field???? y'all do know it's speed that stretches the field, not height........ and we have good speed in holmes, hell when willie reid develops we have another speedster to stretch the field, and we have our height for the endzone named heath miller......... having a tall wr is the most overrated thing in football

K Train
03-12-2007, 07:00 PM
having a tall wr is the most overrated thing in football

:plus1: ....i think someone else mightve mentioned that a few posts up......lol

also, about holmes being a badass and stretching the field with his speed, i think that someone touched on that too.....lol

BlitzburghRockCity
03-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Holmes is bad *** and stretches the field. Hell Hines can stretch the field too. However having a big tall WR can definitely be a big help especially in the red zone.

Either way I want someone with good hands who's tough with a good attitude and work ethic.

K Train
03-12-2007, 07:38 PM
that dude from tennessee is like 6-3 lol

BlitzburghRockCity
03-13-2007, 11:25 AM
http://69.57.148.49/dispatch/gallery/albums/album90/050803_Steelers_4.sized.jpg

K Train
03-13-2007, 03:19 PM
**** him.......lol

BlitzburghRockCity
03-13-2007, 05:48 PM
He can kick your *** :lol:

K Train
03-13-2007, 05:52 PM
i would **** kuhn up...hes a bitch

BlitzburghRockCity
03-13-2007, 05:57 PM
Ok, I'll be sure to let him know next time I see him around here. You want me to give your IP so he can trace it too and show up at your front door so you can tell him in person ?

:lol:

K Train
03-13-2007, 06:19 PM
uh yeah

BlitzburghRockCity
03-13-2007, 06:38 PM
Sweet, I'll put 100-1 odds that you get your *** kicked. Maybe even put up an official betting site and let the whole Steeler Nation get in on it. I'll be rich :rofl:

K Train
03-13-2007, 06:59 PM
100-1 i'll take that ****

BlitzburghRockCity
03-13-2007, 07:24 PM
Just don't come crying to me when you're layed up for 6 months in traction :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-13-2007, 07:24 PM
Damn are we bored today or what ? :lol:

jayson_wv
03-14-2007, 03:53 AM
how come when ppl talk about a tall wr they mention to spread the field???? y'all do know it's speed that stretches the field, not height........ and we have good speed in holmes, hell when willie reid develops we have another speedster to stretch the field, and we have our height for the endzone named heath miller......... having a tall wr is the most overrated thing in football

agree with almost all of that. but heath miller isn't the guy you throw jump balls too in the corner of the end zone. no tight end really is. maybe crumpler or gates. but you know what they say....white men can't jump...haha maybe i was the exception...5"8 with a 48" vertical...anyway...the think the whole point is...plax was/is a bitch...heath is rediculously gifted and is getting better....a tall reciever would be nice in the redzone, but they certainly don't stretch the field....and i wouldn't care if a guy was 8 foot tall or was 4 foot tall if he can get open, catch the ball and free up hines...we would be much more deadly on 'Offense. i can't wait to see what willie reid is going to do... i was so amped up last year then poof he's gone. seems like we lose a speedster early every year anymore.