PDA

View Full Version : Sean Mahan to meet with Steelers

Prosdo
03-08-2007, 12:31 PM
Steelers | Team contacts Mahan
Tue, 6 Mar 2007 19:43:03 -0800

John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers have contacted free agent OL Sean Mahan (Buccaneers).

http://www.kffl.com/player/7522/NFL

AZ_Steeler
03-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Is this dude any good? :dunno:

Prosdo
03-08-2007, 12:47 PM
http://www.buccaneers.com/team/playerdetail.aspx?player=Mahan,Sean,79

I'm looking for some more info.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-09-2007, 07:18 PM
He could challenge for a starting spot, especially with Center and RG up for grabs this year.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-09-2007, 07:22 PM
I say the Steelers sign this guy and Pork Chop Womack. It would give some experience mixed in with the young Olineman we already have.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-09-2007, 07:24 PM
Taking him or someone else before the draft would really help with the experience factor and give us a few more options for the draft. Even if we did sign him, I'd still want a top notch OL on day 1, you can't ignore the OL on draft day, ever or you'll pay for it sooner or later.

DIESELMAN
03-09-2007, 07:52 PM
I heard Mahan wants to stay in TB, they're negotiating hard to get something done in TB.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-09-2007, 08:30 PM
We're not exactly batting a thousand in FA so far this year. I'd imagine they'll probably get him back if they want him that bad.

SteelersfaninPhilly
03-09-2007, 09:33 PM
We're not exactly batting a thousand in FA so far this year. I'd imagine they'll probably get him back if they want him that bad.

When have we ever been players in FA?

Blitzburgh55
03-09-2007, 09:40 PM

I will be happy if we can get to the Mendoza Line

Koopa
03-09-2007, 11:13 PM
The Steelers tonight made significant progress on a contract with free agent offensive lineman Sean Mahan and the sides hope to have a deal in place by tomorrow.

Mahan, a starter the past three seasons with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, would become the first free agent to sign with the Steelers this year.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07068/768202-66.stm

BlitzburghRockCity
03-09-2007, 11:21 PM
He'd give us some veteran depth with experience at OL and really put some significant pressure on Okobi and Simmons to step up if either of them has aspirations on playing Center for us.

Mahan is versatile which makes him a good fit for us. Assuming the price is right this will help us.

Koopa
03-09-2007, 11:26 PM
He'd give us some veteran depth with experience at OL and really put some significant pressure on Okobi and Simmons to step up if either of them has aspirations on playing Center for us.

Mahan is versatile which makes him a good fit for us. Assuming the price is right this will help us.

i hope we get him, the more comp in training camp the better.....and then in the second round we can draft blalock and groom him for a year and then let him take over at right guard in 08

Black@Gold Forever32
03-09-2007, 11:51 PM

Dude I want Simmons cut if the Steelers sign this guy. Hey Kendall just hasn't been the same since his illness and tearing his ACL. As for Okobi, he has a high cap number and I hope Marvin Phillip beats him out and Okobi is cut.

SteelerNation
03-09-2007, 11:54 PM
who is he i cant find any info about him at all!

BlitzburghRockCity
03-09-2007, 11:57 PM
Dude I want Simmons cut if the Steelers sign this guy. Hey Kendall just hasn't been the same since his illness and tearing his ACL. As for Okobi, he has a high cap number and I hope Marvin Phillip beats him out and Okobi is cut.

I think it's probably a safe assumption that 1 of those atleast won't be on the team if this guy is signed. He wants to start so if we do sign him that tells me they think he's got a real good chance at winning a starting spot which makes atleast 1 of the other 3 expendable. Since Okobi's cap number is high and he can only play center he's on the ropes I would think.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-10-2007, 12:01 AM
I think it's probably a safe assumption that 1 of those atleast won't be on the team if this guy is signed. He wants to start so if we do sign him that tells me they think he's got a real good chance at winning a starting spot which makes atleast 1 of the other 3 expendable. Since Okobi's cap number is high and he can only play center he's on the ropes I would think.

Well if this guy is signed I think both Okobi and Simmons are on the ropes. The Steelers have alot of options at OG. There is Kemoeatu and Willie Colon can play OG to.

DIESELMAN
03-10-2007, 12:02 AM
Mahan left the teams South Side practice facility at approximately 5 p.m. He reached the airport and was set to board a plane back to Tampa Bay when he received a call from the Steelers and talks resumed.

DIESELMAN
03-10-2007, 12:03 AM
Mahan was offered contracts by Cleveland and Seattle, but his most serious suitors appear to be Tampa Bay and the Steelers. Mahan said earlier in the day that his decision wont be based solely on money. I plan on being a starter, he said, so Im not going to go someplace and not play.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-10-2007, 12:04 AM
Well if this guy is signed I think both Okobi and Simmons are on the ropes. The Steelers have alot of options at OG. There is Kemoeatu and Willie Colon can play OG to.

Kemoeatu is a guy I really want to see this camp. He's tough and has a bad attitude on the field. He showed some promise in the little time he got last year and he good be good for us.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-10-2007, 12:06 AM
Kemoeatu is a guy I really want to see this camp. He's tough and has a bad attitude on the field. He showed some promise in the little time he got last year and he good be good for us.

I'm with you on Kemoeatu and I hope he develops. I say let him and Willie Colon battle for the RG spot. Both players have that nasty/mean streak in them needed to play OL in the NFL.

Koopa
03-10-2007, 12:12 AM

i have to do this

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/lucmclend20/925619729_l.jpg

:lol: chuk wun is taking over this bitch lol

Black@Gold Forever32
03-10-2007, 12:14 AM
i have to do this

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/lucmclend20/925619729_l.jpg

:lol: chuk wun is taking over this bitch lol

Well thats fine Koopa. I hope Chuk Wun proves me wrong.:bluelol: Just saying if he doesn't win the starting centers spot then he will be cut with high cap number.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-10-2007, 12:16 AM
I'm with you on Kemoeatu and I hope he develops. I say let him and Willie Colon battle for the RG spot. Both players have that nasty/mean streak in them needed to play OL in the NFL.

If they don't kill each other first :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
03-10-2007, 12:18 AM
If they don't kill each other first :lol:

Good point Top.:bluelol: