PDA

View Full Version : Lee offer!

kgreen
03-07-2007, 10:55 PM
Steelers' offer to punter Lee revealed
Wednesday, March 07, 2007

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The offer sheet that punter Andy Lee signed with the Steelers on Tuesday is for a reported $7.1 million over six years that includes a $1.66 million signing bonus.

Since Lee is a restricted free agent, the San Francisco 49ers have until next Tuesday to either match the offer and retain him or to pass on it and receive a sixth-round draft choice from the Steelers in return.

The contract did not include a so-called "poison pill" clause that would make it hard for San Francisco to match.

Thats not bad for a punter! I hope we can get him.

SteelersfaninPhilly
03-08-2007, 12:04 AM
SF matched the offer tonight. Apparently the steelers are getting grief for not putting a poison pill into the offersheet.

K Train
03-08-2007, 12:54 AM
**** him........

Koopa
03-08-2007, 12:55 AM
**** him........

i think the 49ers matched it, hopefully the baylor dude is there in the 5th or 6th

SteelersfaninPhilly
03-08-2007, 12:56 AM
heard a goofy rumor that the steelers are looking at Matt Turk now.

SteelersWoman
03-08-2007, 01:01 AM
So the Steelers would be unable to make another offer to Lee? (kind of like negotiate?)

And just what the heck's a "poison pill"?

Koopa
03-08-2007, 01:05 AM
So the Steelers would be unable to make another offer to Lee? (kind of like negotiate?)

And just what the heck's a "poison pill"?

naw, once they match lee is stuck with the contract

a poison pill is something dumb you put in a contract that makes the other team not want to match

i read something like

if lee play 6 games in cali he would get 15 million dollars bonus....that of course would make the 9ers not match and he would obviously not get that bonus here in pitt

K Train
03-08-2007, 01:13 AM
**** this guy lol

tony hipchest
03-08-2007, 01:13 AM
SF matched the offer tonight. Apparently the steelers are getting grief for not putting a poison pill into the offersheet.the rooneys helped build this league and now some hacks from profootballtalk are gonna try to knock them for trying to circumvent or find loopholes in the rules like some bush league, bitch assed newbi owners, such as robert kraft or ziggy wilf???? f-dat.

these new owners have no idea about the integrity the rooneys have tried to build into the league for almost 75 years. these retarded on-line writers, who would be flipping burgers before the internet was invented, have no clue either.

oh, steelerswoman, a poison pill in the contract would say "lee gets a $5,000,000 bonus every year he plays more than 5 games in california" or something to that effect.

sf could no way match that offer cause lee plays a minimum of 8 games in california every year, and the 9ers would have to pay him that bonus.

the steelers would never play more than 5 games in california in a given year so they would never have to worry about having to pay that bonus. the "poison pill" is a new way teams have come up to manipulate the restricted free agent rules that a team has to match a contract offer of another team trying to sign away their player.

hope that makes sense (i too am wondering if the steelers can make another offer or if lee even has to accept the 9ers offer)

DIESELMAN
03-08-2007, 12:19 PM
the rooneys helped build this league and now some hacks from profootballtalk are gonna try to knock them for trying to circumvent or find loopholes in the rules like some bush league, bitch assed newbi owners, such as robert kraft or ziggy wilf???? f-dat.

these new owners have no idea about the integrity the rooneys have tried to build into the league for almost 75 years. these retarded on-line writers, who would be flipping burgers before the internet was invented, have no clue either.

:plus1: Right on Bro!!!!!

floodcitygirl
03-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Thanks for answering about that "poison pill", Koopa and Tony. I wondered about that too. :bigthumb:

Friday133
03-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Moot point.

Steelers lose bid for punter
Thursday, March 08, 2007

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The San Francisco 49ers today matched the Steelers contract with punter Andy Lee and will keep him on their roster.

Lee, a restricted free agent, signed a six-year, $7.1 million contract that included a $1.66 million signing bonus Monday. The 49ers had until next Tuesday to match and keep him or pass on him and receive a sixth-round pick from the Steelers in return.

BlackGold4vr
03-08-2007, 03:10 PM
We can sign a rookie punter for a lot less money. Can't imagine a punter being drafted before the 6th round and that would mean something around the league minimum salary! We don't necessarily need to have the leagues best punter and practically anyone we chose would be able to beat what Gardocki did last year! :lol:

kgreen
03-08-2007, 04:38 PM
We can sign a rookie punter for a lot less money. Can't imagine a punter being drafted before the 6th round and that would mean something around the league minimum salary! We don't necessarily need to have the leagues best punter and practically anyone we chose would be able to beat what Gardocki did last year! :lol:

:lol: This is true, I don't know why we make a big deal out of nothing:lol:

BB2W
03-08-2007, 06:19 PM
Oh well, at least we know that they are looking to replace Gardocki.

SteelerNation
03-09-2007, 12:52 AM
atleast we dident use the poision pill

SteelerNation
03-09-2007, 12:52 AM
then again i really dont think we need a freaking punter evertime i here about this it makes me mad!

SteelerNation
03-09-2007, 12:53 AM
Oh well, at least we know that they are looking to replace Gardocki.

A-MEN

Steelersfan
03-09-2007, 01:11 AM
then again i really dont think we need a freaking punter evertime i here about this it makes me mad!

ummm. ya we do need a punter!

SteelersWoman
03-09-2007, 06:12 AM
Thanks for answering about that "poison pill", Koopa and Tony. :bigthumb:

Yeah--thanks guys!

BlitzburghRockCity
03-09-2007, 07:17 PM
The best part about Lee resigning with the 49ers is that Ktrain can get back on his "draft a punter" soap box again.

K Train
03-09-2007, 08:41 PM
:plus1:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-09-2007, 09:02 PM
I swear you'd bust a nut if we actually drafted him :lol:

K Train
03-09-2007, 09:03 PM
tell me you dont want us to have him

BlitzburghRockCity
03-09-2007, 09:06 PM
oh I didn't say that, I'd love for us to get a beast punter and not have to worry about anymore 30 yd punts when we're backed up into our own endzone :nonod:

House of Steel
03-09-2007, 09:09 PM
Hey, K-train got a point, we need a beast at Punter. I love to see him clothsline them Jackoffs running up the field. Hell let him take out Hoochiemama.