PDA

View Full Version : WHO.......

Stairwayto7
03-07-2007, 06:08 PM
will give us our personallity and our atitude this season? Do we have a guy on the team now?

Joey Porter gave us our attitude, his fiery personality got us jacked up! Coach Cowher also had IT! Where do we get IT, from now? We`ve had Llyodd, Woodson, Nickerson, Greene, Gildon, and Holmes just to name a few. But it seems to me we are lacking the fiery leader now.
Troy is awesome but really laidback. Farrior , and Foote are great but dont seem to have it! I think it has to come from the defense, I mean this is Steelers football!

We lost our two biggest motivators, both LB`s, Cowher and Porter, who is going to step up?

kgreen
03-07-2007, 06:54 PM
will give us our personallity and our atitude this season? Do we have a guy on the team now?

Joey Porter gave us our attitude, his fiery personality got us jacked up! Coach Cowher also had IT! Where do we get IT, from now? We`ve had Llyodd, Woodson, Nickerson, Greene, Gildon, and Holmes just to name a few. But it seems to me we are lacking the fiery leader now.
Troy is awesome but really laidback. Farrior , and Foote are great but dont seem to have it! I think it has to come from the defense, I mean this is Steelers football!

We lost our two biggest motivators, both LB`s, Cowher and Porter, who is going to step up?

Mike Tomlin!:doh1:

tony hipchest
03-07-2007, 06:55 PM
mike tomlin. he has a great opportunity to coache the best franchise in sports and make tons of money and a hall of fame career. if he likes the sound of all of that he will step up, make this HIS team and infuse his personality in it.

after that, in a year or 2, all the porter and bettis type players will step up. they will be tomlin guys, not cowher guys. i dont think the steelers woulda hired him if he didnt have "it"

kgreen
03-07-2007, 07:11 PM
mike tomlin. he has a great opportunity to coache the best franchise in sports and make tons of money and a hall of fame career. if he likes the sound of all of that he will step up, make this HIS team and infuse his personality in it.

after that, in a year or 2, all the porter and bettis type players will step up. they will be tomlin guys, not cowher guys. i dont think the steelers woulda hired him if he didnt have "it"

:iagree: I couldn't have said it better Tony. I think Tomlin does have it. I mean just look at the way he has spoken in all his interviews ans stuff. He sounds like a leader. The question now is, will he be a leader, because outside of Hines, Troy and Faneca, we kinda lack in the leadership department.

Hburg
03-07-2007, 07:15 PM
"Who said they was all tough?! They ain't so tough!! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh Style!" -Jerome Bettis #36

Football is a game of passion and a game of trash talking. Those players that have that passion will soon show their presence on the field and on the sidelines. If the Steelers retain Carter he will play the interim motivator, Anthony Smith as c*cky as he is will start to step-up, and a part of me thinks that Troy will play his part in his own humble way. In time there will be a new player that the entire AFCN hates outside of Pittsburgh.

BuFu

Hburg
03-07-2007, 07:17 PM
:iagree: I couldn't have said it better Tony. I think Tomlin does have it. I mean just look at the way he has spoken in all his interviews ans stuff. He sounds like a leader. The question now is, will he be a leader, because outside of Hines, Troy and Faneca, we kinda lack in the leadership department.

Tomlin has the confidence to lead and his passion can be seen in that he does not falter or waiver in times of pressure, he remains cool and keeps up a fight. I saw a part of this in the interview when the reporters kept badgering him about the race issue and he took all of that in stride. He is a smart man and he will fit well into the Pittsburgh style of football. Is it august yet?

BuFu

Stairwayto7
03-07-2007, 07:17 PM
"Who said they was all tough?! They ain't so tough!! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh Style!" -Jerome Bettis #36

Football is a game of passion and a game of trash talking. Those players that have that passion will soon show their presence on the field and on the sidelines. If the Steelers retain Carter he will play the interim motivator, Anthony Smith as c*cky as he is will start to step-up, and a part of me thinks that Troy will play his part in his own humble way. In time there will be a new player that the entire AFCN hates outside of Pittsburgh.

BuFu

I agree that Carter has it, but we need a starter.

Tomlin, I hope your all right! Honestly I dont knwo much about the guy! I`m learning.

PsychoWard
03-07-2007, 07:19 PM
i don't know who but i do agree! steelers have always had at least one person that was the "voice" of the steelers! hines smiles to much:lol: troy is too laid back. the only person i could see is ben but we don't need him trying to take to much on at one time! that would put to much pressue on him so....:dunno:

tony hipchest
03-07-2007, 07:20 PM
:iagree: I couldn't have said it better Tony. I think Tomlin does have it. I mean just look at the way he has spoken in all his interviews ans stuff. He sounds like a leader. The question now is, will he be a leader, because outside of Hines, Troy and Faneca, we kinda lack in the leadership department.well hines has said he wants to do more playing and less tutoring and babysitting young wr's. faneca has already said he would prefer his old coaches, and troy is too quiet, and introverted. this plays perfectly for tomlin to stamp his image upon the team. there coulda possibly been a subtle power struggle if porter had remained.

anthony smith is replacing hope and hopes responsibility was calling out the plays and getting people alaigned and stuff like that. he seems to have a strong, self assured personality, and as long as he can continue producing and laying the wood, he may be one tomlin gravitates to as a future "leader".

i see a. smith and j. farrior as being great elder spokesmen of the group.

ben better take charge. theres no way any great qb (like ben says he wants to be) defers leadership to anybody. i know he likes to joke and clown around, but unfortunately that time is over.

TEEMONT
03-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Man, I know Troy is humble as hell off the field.....but are you guys watching the same games I am? That guy runs his mouth just as much as anyone else....especially in bungles games. Troy has IT.

Blitzburgh55
03-07-2007, 08:36 PM
I think it will be Jeff Reid or Brain St Peirrie

PsychoWard
03-07-2007, 08:38 PM

or maybe kordell:hilarious:

BBG7
03-07-2007, 08:43 PM
I think Tomlin seems to be a great motivator.

PsychoWard
03-07-2007, 08:46 PM
yeah it seems like he will be! i guess time will tell!

DIESELMAN
03-07-2007, 08:50 PM
You never know who will step up with IT. It could be Parker or it could be Harrison. I'd like to see Roethlisberger have it but definitely Tomlin needs to have it!!!

Hburg
03-07-2007, 08:53 PM
I agree that Carter has it, but we need a starter.

Tomlin, I hope your all right! Honestly I dont knwo much about the guy! I`m learning.

Carter does have it, anyone who hits an opposing player so hard he knocks himself out can talk all the **** he wants.

Tomlin only worked for the Vikings a short time and he had their defense rated as one of the best in the NFC, which is prolly what held the Vikings from having a worse record last season. I'm sure if you look around this forum enough you'll find info on him from when he was first announced as the new head coach.

i don't know who but i do agree! steelers have always had at least one person that was the "voice" of the steelers! hines smiles to much:lol: troy is too laid back. the only person i could see is ben but we don't need him trying to take to much on at one time! that would put to much pressue on him so....:dunno:

well hines has said he wants to do more playing and less tutoring and babysitting young wr's. faneca has already said he would prefer his old coaches, and troy is too quiet, and introverted. this plays perfectly for tomlin to stamp his image upon the team. there coulda possibly been a subtle power struggle if porter had remained.

anthony smith is replacing hope and hopes responsibility was calling out the plays and getting people alaigned and stuff like that. he seems to have a strong, self assured personality, and as long as he can continue producing and laying the wood, he may be one tomlin gravitates to as a future "leader".

i see a. smith and j. farrior as being great elder spokesmen of the group.

ben better take charge. theres no way any great qb (like ben says he wants to be) defers leadership to anybody. i know he likes to joke and clown around, but unfortunately that time is over.

Hines can be like Chad Johnson, in that he smiles and has fun but he will talk **** when he needs to. He always finds a way to motivate himself for every game and soon that may become a way to motivate the whole team as well.

Troy can be a case of leading by example, at least as far as gameplay is concerned. Although he does not appear to say much he goes out and knocks opponents silly every chance he can. If you have a player like that on your team you don't want to look like a weak b*tch doing nothing, so you're gonna go hard every down as well.

Ben needs to be a calm leader, he can't be talking ****, he needs to become the voice of reason that keeps players focused after getting hyped and motivated. Laughing and joking is all cool, at certain times, but he needs to get serious so that he can get the confidence back like he had in his first two seasons that allowed him to laugh and joke around.

Smith is c*cky, plain and simple. He is good and he knows it. He's not afraid to get in your face and tell you you gonna get beat to **** because he is not afraid to go out on the next play and beat the **** out of you. He can be as c*cky as he wants because he can back it all up. Example: TJ. TJ got wrecked and Smith was the man that put the hurt on him, yet while TJ was on the ground coughing up blood Smith got right to his feet after that huge hit and was dancing. He's tough as nails and I do see him as the new defensive leader at least in the secondary if not for the whole defense. Him and Troy will be a good balance to offset each other. Something tells me that the secondary next year is going to be scary.

Man, I know Troy is humble as hell off the field.....but are you guys watching the same games I am? That guy runs his mouth just as much as anyone else....especially in bungles games. Troy has IT.

When/where did you see/hear this? Troy has been known to swear on the field only twice and other than knocking people I don't see him saying much. After Larry Johnson tackled him by his hair all the rest of the players got in LJ's face while Troy just got up and walked away.

Stop being a smart****, dumb****. :poke:

BuFu

tony hipchest
03-07-2007, 11:08 PM
Man, I know Troy is humble as hell off the field.....but are you guys watching the same games I am? That guy runs his mouth just as much as anyone else....especially in bungles games. Troy has IT.so you nominate troy?

running ones mouth is is fine and all a fun part of the game. hines does it all the time. but i think players with their skill set are better served if they can just go out their, freelance, have fun and what not, and not have to worry about everybody else.

like i said it is the free safety's job to be the qb of the defense in lebeaus zone blitz scheme. just like i hope ben embraces the leadership role on offense, i hope smith does the same on defense.

i also hope the new team leader is willing to go infront of the camera/media and speak his mind and be the face and spokesman of the team. the players really seem to like and respond to this. no one but sensitive fans had a problem with lee flowers calling the tampa bay bucs "paper champions" and nobody but sensitive fans had a problem with porter calling out the colts or j. stevens.

hines and troy are 2 of my favorites and 2 of the best players we got. i just want out leader to be "hard: and not shed tears in front of the national media every time a player retires.

SteelersWoman
03-08-2007, 12:18 AM
What if Willie Colon were to beat out Max as starter...he seems like HE could have it. He's from the Bronx, so I'm sure he can be as mean as Joey was ;)

TEEMONT
03-08-2007, 12:57 AM
to swear on the field only twice and other than knocking people I don't see him saying much. After Larry Johnson tackled him by his hair all the rest of the players got in LJ's face while Troy just got up and walked away.
BuFu

Man I am pretty sure Troy has a few personal foul penalties. I remember him throwing a punch in the bungles game two years ago.

Koopa
03-08-2007, 01:00 AM
Man I am pretty sure Troy has a few personal foul penalties. I remember him throwing a punch in the bungles game two years ago.

yeah he does have a few personal fouls, he was getting them in cruical moments too, almost like roid rage or something lol (no i'm not saying he takes steroids, but it was funny cause what he was doing i never seen him be like it and i was liking it)

K Train
03-08-2007, 01:01 AM
i seen him throw a ball at someone lol

SteelerFan87
03-08-2007, 01:08 AM
I can see a few guys who have a bit of Porter in them. Tyrone Carter, Anthony Smith, Larry Foote, and James Harrison. Harrison will provide the intensity in his actions, I think Foote and Carter can provide it through words. Smith is cocky, but I think he's too young to be considered a leader yet, at least not like how Peezy was. I'd say the 2 most likely candidates to take over for Porter as the leader of the "Who ride? We Ride!" chant would be Carter and Foote. I'll miss "the Boot", but I think we might see "the Stomp" emerge and fill that role.

There are alot of guys who can step up and help fill the void of Porter. But I think it will take a while, maybe not even by the start of the season, for everything to be settled.

steelcurtaingal
03-08-2007, 08:07 AM
I have an answer nobody has thought of yet... nobody! the smashing, loud, badass job was left for Porter. its like the Bus, nobody can replace him. Do we ned someone to lead the defense? yes, but do we need another Porter? no, porter was and should always be remembered for his unique attitude. I dont want another Porter, this is about change, and who ever leads the defense now, will bring something new to the table. I can handle that. however i think it could be Polamalu or Carter.