PDA

View Full Version : Jamal Lewis visiting the Browns today

House of Steel
03-07-2007, 01:34 PM
This is an article in the Cleveland Plain Dealer and also reported on NewsChannel 5 WEWS ABC affiliate.

Mary Kay Cabot
Plain Dealer Reporter
Sports Reporter NewsChannel 5

Ravens Free Agent running back Jamal Lewis is visiting the Cleveland Browns today. The Ravens offered Lewis a one-year deal, but he won't accept it, his agent, Mitchell Frankel, told the Baltimore Sun. As a result, Lewis has begun setting up visits, today here in Cleveland is his first stop.

That's significant because the majority of free agents have been signing with the first team they visit. Reuben Droughns is due $1.75 Million bouns next week, and if the Browns find a suitable replacement, there's a chance he is a goner.

Lewis holds the NFL record with a 295-yard rushing performance against the Browns in 2003. Lewis was cut by the Ravens last week so they didn't have to pay him a $5 million bouns.

This would be a career suicide playing for the Browns behind that joke of an offensive line. I say, it would be great to see him in **** Colors. :hilarious:

PsychoWard
03-07-2007, 01:50 PM
yeah he hasn't done much lately and defentily wouldn't do anything with the browns line!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
03-07-2007, 01:54 PM
Jamal has had his best games against the Browns.

K Train
03-07-2007, 03:10 PM
:hilarious:

TEEMONT
03-07-2007, 03:28 PM
I dunno, if Bentley is healthy, and with the addition of Steinbach, their line is upgraded instantly. They might find some line help in the draft in the 2nd or third rounds, or hell even the first round.

PsychoWard
03-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Jamal has had his best games against the Browns.

very true:lol:

K Train
03-07-2007, 05:58 PM
doesnt matter who they draft they bare just gonna end up on IR and even with great talent on an oline, they have poor coaching and no good runners

kgreen
03-07-2007, 06:05 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: What a scrub!

BBG7
03-07-2007, 06:06 PM
I think he would be a good fit with the clowns...lol!!!!!

Stairwayto7
03-07-2007, 08:24 PM
This would be a career suicide playing for the Browns behind that joke of an offensive line. I say, it would be great to see him in **** Colors. :hilarious:

i agree, he`ll take the money though, then play hurt and never see the field more than 6 games

Koopa
03-07-2007, 08:52 PM
I dunno, if Bentley is healthy, and with the addition of Steinbach, their line is upgraded instantly. They might find some line help in the draft in the 2nd or third rounds, or hell even the first round.

i think bentley is gonna miss another year and quite possibly be forced to retire..........

jamal sucks no matter where he goes.........

BBG7
03-07-2007, 09:21 PM
i think bentley is gonna miss another year and quite possibly be forced to retire..........

yep...I think Bentley is having surgery and will be out at least next season if not for good.

PsychoWard
03-07-2007, 09:29 PM

i agree there both washed up!

Koopa
03-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Lewis stops waiting on Ravens, agrees with Browns

For two years, the Baltimore Ravens have wondered about Jamal Lewis' breakaway speed. They no longer have to wonder.

Lewis, the franchise's all-time leading rusher, broke away from the Ravens and agreed to a deal with the rival Cleveland Browns on Wednesday. Terms were not disclosed, but Lewis reached the agreement Wednesday night after a visit to Cleveland.

The Ravens released Lewis to clear salary cap room. Both sides kept in touch with the hopes of reuniting. But Lewis sensed his job might not be there. The Ravens have been interested in acquiring Bills halfback Willis McGahee in a trade.

Lewis, 27, decided not to wait and took Cleveland's offer. He rushed for 2,066 yards in 2003 but has struggled during the past three years. Last year, he played the entire season with a bone spur problem. He recently had surgery to remove the spurs.

The 5-foot-11, 245-pound back is one of the league's most powerful runners. He was the Ravens' first-round draft choice in 2000.

Lewis, 27, spent the 2005 offseason serving time in prison after a guilty plea to using a cell phone to set up a drug buy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2791313

House of Steel
03-07-2007, 11:13 PM
Time to search that drug bait and shoot him!!!! OH MY GOD, the site of this sucker in Cleveland on the billboards along I-90 or I-71. PUKE!!!!

House of Steel
03-07-2007, 11:21 PM
FOX 8 Cleveland reported just now that Jamal Lewis agreed to a one year contract with the Browns as the financial information was not available at this time. ONE YEAR??????

From Browns.com:

The addition of Lewis and Eric Steinbach in free agency dramatically changes the look of the Browns' offense and reflects at least a mild change in the look of the AFC North Division as a whole. Lewis is a 5-foot-11, 245-pound battering ram, and the Browns plan to put a rugged offensive line in front of him.

ROTFLMAO. GOOD LUCK JAMAL!!! Your in for a hellish ride of your life.

SteelerNation
03-07-2007, 11:46 PM
:hilarious: :banana: :lol: :greengrin: :blah: :cabbagepatch: :clap: :nahnah: :willybs: :redcool: :bluelol: :hail: