PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Perdictions

SteelerNation
03-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Its a little early and premature but i am just wondering what are some of your thoughts on the way we are going good or bad. how do you think we will end up. now remember this is just some :2cents: not saying we will go and do it. just some predictions from some fellow steeler fans!

Black@Gold Forever32
03-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Well free agency hasn't ended yet and the draft hasn't happened yet. So I think its a bit pre-mature for predictions.

K Train
03-06-2007, 08:58 PM
im not even gonna touch this yet

BBG7
03-06-2007, 09:00 PM
I agree...too early to tell. I am staying optomistic though

SteelerNation
03-06-2007, 09:01 PM
well i said it was a little pre - mature. i just wanted to see what u guys think and how things u think are going to shape out! for out upcomeing season!

Black@Gold Forever32
03-06-2007, 09:02 PM
I want to see how the rest of free agency plays out and how the draft unfolds before really commenting on the upcoming Steelers season. I'm really excited about the Mike Tomlin era though.

SteelerNation
03-06-2007, 09:06 PM
I want to see how the rest of free agency plays out and how the draft unfolds before really commenting on the upcoming Steelers season. I'm really excited about the Mike Tomlin era though.

o i couldent agree more as much as i see people bash him down talk him i think hes going to make the steelers a contender again . but yea i guess your right . lets see how the FA draft turns out. if we get the right players we will i belive be the kick *** steelers we aways been but if we pick stuiped people up like punters QB's WR's ima scratch my head alot on the FO and mike. because we dont need that.!

Black@Gold Forever32
03-06-2007, 09:08 PM
But we do need a new punter. Hey Chris Gardocki and his weak leg needs to go. It would help our punt coverage units alot if we had a punter with a stronger leg. So yes signing a new punter isn't earth shattering news. But still its a good signing.

House of Steel
03-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Way too early on this prediction, so I am going to hold off until training camp.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Way too early on this prediction, so I am going to hold off until training camp.

No House I want an answer now damn it.:bluelol:

SteelerNation
03-06-2007, 09:11 PM
i was just on this touchy subject with BBG7 and i told her. u know im all for the move if hes better but if its just a hire and he isent better then gord im going to wonder. u know we need to use our cap wise we dont have much room as it. now. and do not need to be hireing someone who isent going to help but yes. if he has a strong leg im ALLLLL for it. im tired of seeing the other team getting good field postion like bbg7 brought to my attenion early

SteelerNation
03-06-2007, 09:16 PM
No House I want an answer now damn it.:bluelol:

you herd the man we want a answer now damnit:cabbagepatch:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-06-2007, 09:39 PM
Once we get through the draft then I'd be willing to throw some predictions out there. With all the question marks we have now, we owe it to ourselves to wait till atleast the draft then we can take a better look at the overall progress we've made and players that we may have come Sept.

Oh alright, I'll make a prediction, Im going out on a limb and calling it right now. 15-1, you heard it here first :lol: I figure we're good for 1 slip up so I gave us the benefit of the doubt with 15 wins instead of 16 :greengrin:

SteelerNation
03-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Once we get through the draft then I'd be willing to throw some predictions out there. With all the question marks we have now, we owe it to ourselves to wait till atleast the draft then we can take a better look at the overall progress we've made and players that we may have come Sept.

Oh alright, I'll make a prediction, Im going out on a limb and calling it right now. 15-1, you heard it here first :lol: I figure we're good for 1 slip up so I gave us the benefit of the doubt with 15 wins instead of 16 :greengrin:

man what in the world are you smokeing . ? whatever it is share cause ill tell you what ill buy you a budwiser. if we got 15-1 . and thats not a lie. i think 12-4 is more in order but then again its pre mature to really make a perdiction lol

BlitzburghRockCity
03-06-2007, 09:49 PM
15-1 you heard it here first :lol:

SteelCityMan786
03-06-2007, 09:59 PM

A record that puts them in the playoffs and gets them a SUPER BOWL Victory would be good with me.

BBG7
03-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Let's just get in the playoffs!!!

SteelerNation
03-06-2007, 10:19 PM
Let's just get in the playoffs!!!

lol im not to sure about TG though he needs to lay off the bong or the crackpipe lol . :hail: cause ill tell u what we go 15-1 ill **** myself. but i will hold you to it mate if we do it. i will come to where ever you live and buy you a beer.

SteelersWoman
03-07-2007, 01:06 AM
A record that puts them in the playoffs and gets them a SUPER BOWL Victory would be good with me.

I would think that MOST of us wouldn't be unhappy with that...:greengrin:

TEEMONT
03-07-2007, 01:22 AM
My prediction.....we go 9-7 and miss the playoffs again. 08 is the year we get our **** together.

Steelersfan
03-07-2007, 01:28 AM
lol im not to sure about TG though he needs to lay off the bong or the crackpipe lol . :hail: cause ill tell u what we go 15-1 ill **** myself. but i will hold you to it mate if we do it. i will come to where ever you live and buy you a beer.

Wasn't that long ago that we went 15-1.

I don't think we will be that good but I think we are still good enough to win the division and make a strong playoff run if Ward, Ben, Willie and other key players stay healthy this year.

SteelerNation
03-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Wasn't that long ago that we went 15-1.

I don't think we will be that good but I think we are still good enough to win the division and make a strong playoff run if Ward, Ben, Willie and other key players stay healthy this year.

Amen to that brother. i belive we are more then good enough to make it but its the BIG question can coach mike take us there cause its to him to get our players into contender condition. if he cant do it this year i really belive someone in pittsburgh are going to kill the dude. cause i read some posts everwhere and for some reason a person here and there says he dont think mike can make the run and if he doesnt hes going to get drove out of town. now for the sake of the steelers. i really DONT see us makeing the superbowl. its just the reality of the sitition right now. and the effects of cutting lose porter. and new coachs. i mean we are in the rebuilding stage if not really close to it and i just cant see us. hitting the superbowl again. and when we dont i can't to see the tomline bashing. cause its going to be on this board aswell. but hey the steelers are aways under dog and when that happends we repeat the 2005 season and i hope to god that we make it to the playoffs and whope *** from there. cuase if we do make it to the playoffs i think we will make a run to the superbowl now rather or not we do. we will see what happends. after the draft and FA. and who we pick up :crossfingers: :tt02:

steelcurtaingal
03-08-2007, 08:18 AM
Ask me again in august, but here is my guess FOR NOW
11-5, with a definate playoff appearance. I could be wrong, but i think they could be great this year, as long as the transition of leaders goes smoothly. i dont know about a superbowl victory yet, but heres to hoping:crossfingers: :tt02:

BlackGold4vr
03-08-2007, 09:41 AM

I will say 11-5, win the division, make it to the divisional round of the playoffs! After that anything can happen! Throw away last year, Ben has shown he can be a guy (like Brady) that can lead us to another SB! Look at the 3 spectacular games he played leading up to our 5th championship. I think he has "IT" whatever "IT" is. After Brady won his 1st SB the Pats also missed the playoffs the following year. I disagree with the person who says we are rebuilding! We have a very nice mix of savy veterans and zealous youth! Ben, Willie, Santonio, Heath Miller, Troy, A. Smith. Our roster is littered with young talented guys! As long as Ben can bounce back from the disaster that was last year (and I believe he can) we will be competitive for many years to come! :yesnod:

House of Steel
03-08-2007, 10:22 AM
You want an answer. I am being straight out honest. I am going to have a little question mark on the defense since our depth is a little shaky. New Coaching Staff, New Offensive outlook and coordinators is going to get us off on a shakey start. I believe in the middle to late in the season, we will start to gel together as a unit and make a serious run for the playoffs. I predict an 11-5 record and winning the AFC North Division. Probably be battling the Colts or the Broncos for the Home Field Advantage.