PDA

View Full Version : New Coach, same off season.

Stairwayto7
03-06-2007, 08:27 PM
Lose a all-pro Linebacker, sign a punter.

As usual we lose big names early, and wait to sign late after all the big names are gone.

We better sign a couple free agent LBs soon. The draft will not vcover all our needs. I do not think we have Joey Porters replacement on our team right now. And we are weak at LB. I know its early, but hello Tomlin, lets get rolling!

K Train
03-06-2007, 08:30 PM
well they know what they are doing so.....

but i think harrison will be a beast for us, i think haggans is gonna be losing his job come april 28th, but having haggans as a backup is a pretty solid backup imo. i still think that after the draft things wont look quite as bad.

oh and **** that punter

BBG7
03-06-2007, 08:32 PM
we do have the same front office and Tomlin, I'm sure was hired because he shares the same philosophy as the Rooney family and front office. I have faith the Steelers know what they are doing and where they are heading this offseason...at least I hope they do. We need to just hang tight!

Koopa
03-06-2007, 08:46 PM
signing big names is overrated IMO......... i don't mind what we are doing, i like harrison and i'm glad he finally get a real chance to shine as a starter, he'll do good, and then in 08 we'll have moss/spencer come in for the departed haggans and all will be well, while he have a pro bowl punter :lol:

SteelersfaninPhilly
03-06-2007, 08:48 PM

As usual we lose big names early, and wait to sign late after all the big names are gone.

We better sign a couple free agent LBs soon. The draft will not vcover all our needs. I do not think we have Joey Porters replacement on our team right now. And we are weak at LB. I know its early, but hello Tomlin, lets get rolling!

Dude, the Steelers have always operated that way. The steelers will be fine. IMO the fins overpaid for Joey. Hopefully someone does not put a bullet in Joey's a$$ on south beach before the season starts :lol:

SteelerNation
03-06-2007, 09:53 PM

enough said i could not agree anymore why in the world are we signing punters?? :scratch: when i herd this it just like made me the maddest i been all year. besides the bar fight over a bud lite haha :willybs:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-06-2007, 10:01 PM
We're in alot better shape than we were when we were still at TRS. Remember all the players we used to lose every year because we just didn't have the money to compete in the FA era. Since Heinz was built we now have the money to atleast keep the guys we want to usually.

Yes I agree though, losing players does suck and it never gets easier to deal with.

SteelerNation
03-06-2007, 10:37 PM
We're in alot better shape than we were when we were still at TRS. Remember all the players we used to lose every year because we just didn't have the money to compete in the FA era. Since Heinz was built we now have the money to atleast keep the guys we want to usually.

Yes I agree though, losing players does suck and it never gets easier to deal with.

yea i remember that more then ever and what sucks more is we as steeler fans got so much talent and non of the FO will ever get the use of it.!:cursin:

Steelersfan
03-07-2007, 02:59 AM
I still say we will be fine and that Porter got what he wanted. We aren't stupid enough to pay someone like him that kind of money. Yes, I would have liked to see us keep him but not at the expense of the team as a whole. I'm for keeping any player that helps us win if the price is right.

And we signed a punter because we needed one.....lol And at a decent price from what I have read.

SteelersWoman
03-07-2007, 07:15 AM
... we signed a punter because we needed one.....lol ....

I second that! There were many times during last season that people complained about Gardocki givin us bad field position almost every time. And as someone pointed out--add up all those yards lost over a whole season, and it's a LOT. Replacing him is just one step closer to fixin what was wrong with STs.

Stairwayto7
03-07-2007, 07:01 PM
I still say we will be fine and that Porter got what he wanted. We aren't stupid enough to pay someone like him that kind of money. Yes, I would have liked to see us keep him but not at the expense of the team as a whole. I'm for keeping any player that helps us win if the price is right.

And we signed a punter because we needed one.....lol And at a decent price from what I have read.

I dont think that we signed OUR punter though. He is a just a fill in it seems to me!

tony hipchest
03-07-2007, 08:29 PM
appearantly tomlin likes what he sees and the steelers dont feel we are in that much of desperate need anywhere. and why should we? we are a little over a month removed from being the defending superbowl champions. we signed aaron smith, now our main goal should be signing the BEST guard and safety in the game. that wont come cheap even though they are currently on our roster. dont you think ANY team out there would be thrilled to land both faneca AND polamalu in free agency? that would be a hell of a coup.

the ravens and pats are scrambling now because they have glaring weaknesses and holes to be filled. our hole has been filled and that was at the coaching position. every year we see other teams draft rookies who actually contribute big time. we may actually see that with the steelers this year. no more getting hyped over what we percieve to be a late steal like orien harris only to see them get cut. i think new players will have a chance to grow and contribute and prove they were worthy of a chance.

i cant believe some people actually thought we would make a splash by signing tully banta cain. he was benched by 'chick for sucking late in a game last season. they had to go out and sign 37 year old jr seau for a million bucks because they lacked so much confidence in his game. another over rated piece of patriot trash. they beg for our table scraps, not vice versa.