PDA

View Full Version : Steelers make offer to P Andy Lee

BB2W
03-06-2007, 01:58 PM
The Steelers have signed free agent punter Andy Lee to an offer sheet, agent Eddie Edwards confirmed today.

Lee, who played collegiately at Pitt, was a sixth-round draft choice of the San Francisco 49ers in 2004. Last season he averaged 44.8 yards per punt (gross) to rank sixth in the NFC and seventh in the NFL.

Edwards said the 49ers have seven days to match the Steelers' offer. The Steelers will give San Francisco a sixth-round pick if the 49ers don't match their offer.

link: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_496406.html

TampaSteelGirl
03-06-2007, 01:59 PM
don't know anything about the guy...how is he?

Black@Gold Forever32
03-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Andy Lee was a badass punter at Pitt. I just want Gardocki and his weak leg gone. I rather draft the punter that Ktrain wants. But I would take Lee over Gardocki.

BlackGold4vr
03-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Andy Lee was a badass punter at Pitt. I just want Gardocki and his weak leg gone. I rather draft the punter that Ktrain wants. But I would take Lee over Gardocki.

:plus1:

Gardocki had to go! Who cares if he has never been blocked? I would rather have a guy who regularly booms his kicks 45-50 yards than Gardocki's weak-*** 35-40 yarders! Over the course of a season we were giving up hundreds of yards in field position with Gardocki kicking! Good riddance! :clap:

AZ_Steeler
03-06-2007, 02:22 PM
It's funny we get excited over during the off season :lol: The punter is usually the last thing I worry about :dunno:

Koopa
03-06-2007, 02:28 PM
i think he will do better in pittsburgh, he did good with the 9ers and had to punt a shitload, here he won't have to punt so much so his avg. will go up........and since he played for pitt, he knows how to kick in our stadium

Black@Gold Forever32
03-06-2007, 02:30 PM
i think he will do better in pittsburgh, he did good with the 9ers and had to punt a shitload, here he won't have to punt so much so his avg. will go up........and since he played for pitt, he knows how to kick in our stadium

Just as long as Gardocki is gone then I will be happy.:bluelol:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-06-2007, 02:35 PM
Bring on Lee, see ya Gardocki ! He's most definitely worth a 6th round pick !

BBG7
03-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Bye Bye Gardocki!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
03-06-2007, 02:49 PM
I just find it funny that a thread about a punter got this many posts.lol

BBG7
03-06-2007, 02:50 PM
I just find it funny that a thread about a punter got this many posts.lol

It's definately the offseason :lol: :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
03-06-2007, 02:51 PM

Yes it is.:bluelol:

Koopa
03-06-2007, 02:58 PM
well the thread will get more when ktrain reads, his heart is gonna break as soon as he sees the thread title lol

TampaSteelGirl
03-06-2007, 03:21 PM
I think I can kick longer than Gardocki!!! :tt02:

kgreen
03-06-2007, 04:04 PM
I think I can kick longer than Gardocki!!! :tt02:

:plus1:
My dog can kick further than him (I am not even kidding, my dog is nuts).

K Train
03-06-2007, 04:31 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! !!

BlitzburghRockCity
03-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Better change your avatar dude, if the 9ers don't match the offer sheet, he'll be ours :lol:

SteelersWoman
03-07-2007, 02:01 AM
After all the complaints about Gardocki, I'd say this is a good move. Our STs could use some help!

BlacknGold Bleeder
03-07-2007, 02:05 AM
What ever happened to Barr the kid in camp last year?? I thought we just resigned him?

Koopa
03-07-2007, 02:17 AM
What ever happened to Barr the kid in camp last year?? I thought we just resigned him?

we did resign him, but we did it so we can cut him again lol

Captcoolhand
03-07-2007, 09:32 AM
I agree with most of you here on needing another kicker,but the one thing that stands out for me is accuracy. Sure we all want a guy who can put the Boom on his kicks but what is a good long kick if you can't put it where you want it:scratch: :dunno: Most of us here could probably kick 30-50 yds but couldn't place it in one particular spot:banging:
I'm not siding with Gardocki because after 14 seasons, he has seen better days. But the one thing that you got to hand to him is his Accuracy for the most part. And Whoever they Bring in, I only hope the best for and that he's got what it take at any distance but mostly accuracy:yesnod:

steelcurtaingal
03-07-2007, 10:53 AM

Only in the offseason would we get so excited over a punter. :willybs:

BBG7
03-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Only in the offseason would we get so excited over a punter. :willybs:

no joke :lol: :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-07-2007, 12:30 PM
I agree with most of you here on needing another kicker,but the one thing that stands out for me is accuracy. Sure we all want a guy who can put the Boom on his kicks but what is a good long kick if you can't put it where you want it:scratch: :dunno: Most of us here could probably kick 30-50 yds but couldn't place it in one particular spot:banging:
I'm not siding with Gardocki because after 14 seasons, he has seen better days. But the one thing that you got to hand to him is his Accuracy for the most part. And Whoever they Bring in, I only hope the best for and that he's got what it take at any distance but mostly accuracy:yesnod:

True, being accurate and able to place the ball in the coffin corner at any given time, or just directionally kick in general is just as important has having a strong yet..the problem with Gardocki is everytime we needed a big, long kick to get us out of jam, he'd punt it like 40 yds and it would be returned for atleast 15 so our defense is almost immediately defending the red zone because we couldn't consistently count on him for any clutch long punts.

kgreen
03-07-2007, 12:32 PM

A little compitition never hurts!!! He's still here and probably gonna fight Lee for the position.

K Train
03-07-2007, 03:35 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! again

SteelersfaninPhilly
03-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Andy Lee to a six-year, $7.1 million offer sheet that includes $1.66 million to sign

tony hipchest
03-07-2007, 08:12 PM
Andy Lee to a six-year, $7.1 million offer sheet that includes $1.66 million to signnice to see no one panicking over signing lee (potentially giving up a 6th round pick) and giving up gardocki. BUT...the more i look at this deal, SF would be stupid not to match it. 1 mil/year for 7 years??? that will be dirt cheap in about 4 years. lee's yards per punt is getting better. he has never had a kick blocked. he has 4 tackles (gardocki w/ the steelers has 0)

as far as accuracy goes, gardocki only had 11 kicks inside the 20 last year. this is about half of his average with the steelers. lee had 20+ which USED to be gardockis average. heres the links so you all can do some statistical comparison and see we would be much better off long term if sf just takes our 6th. screw a rookie. this dude is experienced in the nfl and in pittsburgh.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1408 (gardocki)
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/492992 (lee)

Black@Gold Forever32
03-07-2007, 08:17 PM
I just want Gardocki gone. His leg is to weak now and never thought he was a Steeler anyway.lol My best memory of Gardocki will be back in 2000 when he was with the Browns and Joey Porter blasted him throughout the game and Gardocki responded by flipping off the Steelers bench.

Koopa
03-07-2007, 08:20 PM
so i'm guessing ppl at the watered down steelers site is panicking??

i don't mind the pick up at all, like we ever keep all our picks anyway......i wouldn't have mind them picking the dude from baylor, but lee played for pitt so he'll feel comfortable here, he's getting better every year, and still young

kgreen
03-07-2007, 11:04 PM

We signed Conner Hughes from UVA. I watched his career at UVA. He can really boot it! http://news.steelers.com/team/player/74041/
http://virginiasports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/hughes_connor00.html

Maybe he can kick in long yardage situation!

tony hipchest
03-07-2007, 11:08 PM
so i'm guessing ppl at the watered down steelers site is panicking??

no. but i do know theres people who love gardocki like hes something other than a punter (based on the practically useless stat that he never had a kick blocked in his career, that is shoved down our throats every game), and i also know some steelerfans will think a 6th round pick is gold and no punter should be taken unless its off the streets.

i wouldnt go overboard and read too much into it. just a general statement.

SteelerNation
03-07-2007, 11:51 PM
GREAT move im tired of the short 35-45 yarders give or take a few. GOOOOOD By dont let the door hit u in ur *** on the way out!

tony hipchest
03-08-2007, 01:03 AM
nice to see no one panicking over signing lee (potentially giving up a 6th round pick) and giving up gardocki. BUT...the more i look at this deal, SF would be stupid not to match it. 1 mil/year for 7 years??? that will be dirt cheap in about 4 years. lee's yards per punt is getting better. he has never had a kick blocked. he has 4 tackles (gardocki w/ the steelers has 0)

i guess the 49ers arent stupid. oh well it was worth a shot. cant knock a team for tryin.