PDA

View Full Version : Who is nervous about 2007?

Stairwayto7
03-05-2007, 08:19 PM
Cowher is gone, Porter is gone! And Tomlin is in.
It seemed like we just had an off year mainly due to Bens accident, the surgery and then his concussion.
But our defensive backs did not play well, but thay may have been because our pass rush sucked. We were already weak at linebacker, with no depth, now our best LB and pass rusher is gone.

Where do we go from here? I am always optimistic even if we were 3-13 last season. But we should be better than we are, just a year removed from a world championship. There are many needs that need addressed in free agency and the draft. O line, Dbs, LBs,.

I`m optimistic, but we sure do have a long row to hoe!

BlitzburghNation
03-05-2007, 08:21 PM
I wouldn't say i'm nervous more like anxious :popcorn:

Stairwayto7
03-05-2007, 08:22 PM

yeah plus ist still real early in free agency!

Iron City South
03-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Yes, ANXIOUS is the better word to use.

Personally, I look forward to what the future holds.

TEEMONT
03-05-2007, 08:27 PM
I'm nervxious.

Koopa
03-05-2007, 08:30 PM
i'm not nervous at all, i like change, i don't think death is coming everytime there is change, so i can't wait till next year...........

BlitzburghRockCity
03-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Most definitely Im nervous, I admit it. Ive been nervous about 2007 since Cowher left, not that I wanted him to necessarily stay but regardless this upcoming season makes me very nervous.

New Head Coach

New Assistant Coaches

Playbook stripped down ( yes that's a good thing but still a change nonetheless)

Our team leader and our main emotional, trash talking leader is gone.

QB is coming off a terrible season.

OL have atleast 2 new members, more than likely 3.

How will Ike do back at CB this year, will he rebound? Will McFadden be able to step up and start?

How will the players adjust to the new system, and new coaching philosphy.

How will the defense play, will they adapt quickly to whatever scheme changes Tomlin has with Lebeau.

Special team, will they be special for us or a liability again.

Just to name a few....

Stairwayto7
03-05-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm nervxious.

nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K Train
03-05-2007, 08:34 PM
i dont think any of these are huge deals, these guys are professionals :dunno:. im actually confident about next year....being we get a beastly OLB in the first round who will make an impact

BlitzburghRockCity
03-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Right, these guys are professionals but they are also humans. Their status in the NFL doesn't undo the fact that they have emotions and feelings and react in the same way that many of us do in situations of change. Some adapt right away, some take more time but overall there's alot for the players to adjust to.

TampaSteelGirl
03-05-2007, 08:49 PM

I feel that way as well..but not as excited as I once was.

Steelerlyn
03-05-2007, 09:05 PM
I, like all of you, will be there supporting the Steelers each and every game, like always. Sometimes change is good for all involved.

PsychoWard
03-05-2007, 09:10 PM
i guess i am alittle bit of both i am nervous to see how the players react to a new coach and play book but i am very anxious to see big ben plays i just have a really good feeling about him this year i think he is going to come in and just kick som a$$ and take names!!

BlitzburghRockCity
03-05-2007, 09:13 PM
That's the great thing about being a Steeler fan, we will support our team come hell or high water no matter what....but damn this stuff can drive you crazy :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
03-05-2007, 09:18 PM
I do hope that with the new direction the offense might take under Ariens that Ben can blossom into the QB I expect him to be. The Oline has to perform better but if they do the Steelers could have a very good offense in 2007. I like the fact that 4 WR's might be used more.

The defense is more of a concern. But if the Steelers can land a impact pass rusher like a DeMarcus Ware or Light Out Merriman then that really could ease the loss of Joey Porter. Is there any of those types in this draft? Probably nots as good as those two but maybe if the Steelers do draft Jarvis Moss or somebody like that then maybe he could make a impact early on.

The special teams are a whole other ball game. The Steelers need to ditch Chris Gardocki. Hopefully Willie Reid can stay healthy and prove he can be the return guy he was expected to be. As for the coverage units. This can change bigtime. I doubt under Tomlin the Steelers keep three guys just for special teams like they did with Morey, Chidi and Kreiwaldt. Plus hopefully the new special teams coach can improve a troublesome area last year.

I think the offense has a ton of potential. The defense and special teams have questions. I just know training camp and pre-season is going to be very interesting.

SteelerNation
03-05-2007, 10:10 PM
Im not to sure. but i can't belive im going to say this. i almost feel that this guy could take porters place grant its not and never will happend this year if we get him but in times. place he can i just know it. we always get players who we question about takeing a big players spot. but what happends who ever we pick they do it.

BB2W
03-05-2007, 10:27 PM
I'm nervous, but I'm always nervous when it comes to the Steelers. It's sad, but there success has an impact on my life, and happiness. I got a lot riding on each snap... :greengrin:

Obviously, we are seeing more changes this year than in the past and there are a lot more unanswered questions going into the season. As much as I love what the Steelers have been the last decade and a half... I think a change was due. I normally don't like much change, but I have a good feeling about this.

Maybe instead of one Superbowl in 15 years... we can win two, or three. :helmet:

Black@Gold Forever32
03-05-2007, 10:29 PM
I'm nervous, but I'm always nervous when it comes to the Steelers. It's sad, but there success has an impact on my life, and happiness. I got a lot riding on each snap... :greengrin:

Obviously, we are seeing more changes this year than in the past and there are a lot more unanswered questions going into the season. As much as I love what the Steelers have been the last decade and a half... I think a change was due. I normally don't like much change, but I have a good feeling about this.

Maybe instead of one Superbowl in 15 years... we can win two, or three. :helmet:

Nice post and I agree.:bigthumb:

SteelCityMan786
03-05-2007, 10:35 PM
NERVOUS???!?!?!?! NO! I'm not nervous. I don't stop believing in the PITTSBURGH STEELERS to win a Super Bowl. We have done 5 times and we can do it AGAIN!

Captcoolhand
03-05-2007, 10:37 PM
I don't care if the steelers end in last place I will always be a fan.The only one that would have to worry beyond that is Tomlin

Black@Gold Forever32
03-05-2007, 10:41 PM
I don't care if the steelers end in last place I will always be a fan.The only one that would have to worry beyond that is Tomlin

Exactly the Steelers could go 0-16 next year but they will still be my team. I might bitch alot about that 0-16 record but they still will remain number 1 to me.

BlitzburghNation
03-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Exactly the Steelers could go 0-16 next year but they will still be my team. I might bitch alot about that 0-16 record but they still will remain number 1 to me.

I'm the same way :bigthumb: My brother ask me one time,why don't you get another team :cursin: I told him I'll stick with my team through thick & thin !
He's had 3 teams in 4 years :lol:
STEELER for life :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

kgreen
03-05-2007, 11:03 PM

Same. Well, actually I'm pretty excited to see what he can bring. I am not nervous at all. I don't think any member of the steeler nation should be nervous (but there are plenty of us that are). I think this an exciting new turn in the organization. :tt02:

kgreen
03-05-2007, 11:08 PM
I'm the same way :bigthumb: My brother ask me one time,why don't you get another team :cursin: I told him I'll stick with my team through thick & thin !
He's had 3 teams in 4 years :lol:
STEELER for life :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

WOW, your brother is a bit of a bandwagender:lol: . I would never think for one second of supporting another thing. I got the Steelers embeded in my blood and like oyu said will stay with them through think and thin. I didn't think for a second of changing teams in '03 when we sucked or form '89-'00 when we were mediocre. I can't imagine that this team will have a losing record next year. I deffanitly don't see them going 0-16. This is a playoff team that has an inexperienced head coach. But what the hell, Tomlin might suprise a few people. I mean, so far, he has done nothing but keep his nose clean. He has said all the right things. I think we will be fine.:helmet:

Steelersfan
03-06-2007, 12:27 AM
I'm excited! Ready to go! Let's get the season rolling all ready!!!! I don't care if the local High School team was playing for the Steelers! I'm always excited about a new season!!

I'm really excited this year with a new coach! Nervous? Nope. I think despite our holes we need to fill we still have a very good team. And who knows, maybe playing that hybrid D with be something special!

On with the season already!......lol

Ambridge
03-06-2007, 12:48 AM
Although Tomlin has said all the right things so far I really hope he actually realizes and understands the Pittsburgh Steelers tradition and the brand of physical football that the fans of the Steelers have come to expect over the years.
My biggest fear is that he'll try and turn this team into a "Tippy-Tap" finesse organization and the Steelers will end up having an identity crisis under Tomlin.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-06-2007, 01:05 AM
That's the key to it all right there. Tomlin has said everything right so far but there is concern among the team or atleast some of the team that he will need to deal with and convince these players to buy into what he's selling.

If he can do that, we'll be kickin *** and takin names, but if he can't do that effectively early on we could struggle.

BBG7
03-06-2007, 02:08 AM

I couldn't agree with your post more. No one can understand why the Steelers have such an impact on my life, but when you love them as much as I love the Steelers, it's hard not to let your emotions affect how happy you are or sad you are. I have grown up loving the Steelers and Cowher, but I too, feel like it is time for a change and I am so excited to see Tomlin in action. I know there are a lot of ? this year, but I think the team will somehow come together. I truely believe they will fill the void of losing Joey and somehow make this season a sucessful one. I have to have faith in the Rooney's and thier decisions and I really like Tomlin and think he is a very capable coach. I'm excited to see what he brings to the table. (However, I'm nervous...but every off season I am...so that's not saying much!!!):tt02:

SteelerNation
03-06-2007, 03:11 AM
Im not i belive that the steelers if they put thier hearts into it like ever year we could and should go 12-4. but then again thats just my :2cents: and who knows. all i know is im tired about reading about we need to draft a WR ? thats pointless. im not trying to bash anyone but i mean. why a WR we are perfect we got Nate and Ward. ..

steelcurtaingal
03-06-2007, 09:27 AM

i like your philosophy:bigthumb: :ditto: . football has become my life. i have cried during games, screamed during games, thrown my sister in the snow over a game. Steeelrs footall is a part of me, and i guess that is bad.. and good. i am nervous, but in a good way! i hope we can see that 6th 7th, and 8th lombardi soon. lets bring it back home!:tt02: