PDA

View Full Version : Jets Aquire thomas jones,,,,,

BlitzburghNation
03-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Just heard on sirius radio that the jet's have traded draft pic's to aquire thomas jones :scratch:

K Train
03-05-2007, 08:16 PM
That sucks for the bears, he was their load carrier, benson is good, but they better hope hes good enough

BlitzburghRockCity
03-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Once you get to the SB, everybody wants your players.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-05-2007, 08:21 PM
This is a good pickup for the Jets who are coming off a play-off season. For the Bears they had to give the starters job to Cedric Benson sometime. You don't draft a RB that high in the draft to let him sit on the bench forever. Plus they still have Adrian Peterson (no not that A. Peterson). He is a solid RB to make a nice combo with Benson.

BB2W
03-05-2007, 09:00 PM
Good move by the J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets! Benson's fantasy football stock just went up.

Ambridge
03-06-2007, 09:14 AM
Great pick-up for the Jets.
I like Thomas Jones and I hope he does well in New York.

There's still a big question mark on Cedric Benson and I heard at least a couple of sports commentators suggest that Benson is "soft" after getting injured and not coming back into the Superbowl after a not so hard tackle.

DIESELMAN
03-07-2007, 02:48 PM
The Bergen Record reports the New York Jets signed RB Thomas Jones to a four-year, $20 million contract extension that includes $12 million in guarantees. Good move by the Jets, they give up a draft pick but so do the Bears.
Filling their need for a No. 1 ball carrier, the Jets agreed to a trade with the NFC champion Chicago Bears that landed them Thomas Jones and the 63rd overall pick in the upcoming draft in exchange for the 37th overall pick. New York acquired that in a draft-day deal with Washington last year. The Jets still own two picks in the second round, their own (No. 59) and now the Bears' original selection. The Bears select 31st in Round 1 and for now are set to be on the clock six picks later.

PsychoWard
03-07-2007, 02:59 PM
this is good for thomas this way he won't be splitting carries!! his stock in ffb just went up too!