PDA

View Full Version : Are we starting to become the Bungles?

SteelersfaninPhilly
03-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Pittsburgh Tribune-Review Back to headlines
Larger textLarger text Smaller textSmaller text
Steelers' Townsend busted in bar fight

By Jill King Greenwood
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, March 5, 2007

Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Deshea Townsend and a practice squad team member surrendered to police after getting into a fistfight at a Station Square nightclub, authorities said today.

Townsend was at Margarita Mama's at 1:45 a.m. Friday when Chris Graham, whose age and address were not available, began arguing with practice squad member Raymond Burgess, Pittsburgh police said.

Burgess and Graham began fighting and Townsend jumped into the fray, said police spokeswoman Diane Richard.

"Mr. Burgess threw punches, hitting Mr. Graham in the face," Richard said. "As he was beating Mr. Graham, Mr. Townsend jumped in and started hitting the victim with a closed fist in the head and face."

yes no
yes no
yes no

At one point during the fight, Graham was knocked to the ground, Richard said. A witness helped Graham up and the two left the nightclub and went to the city police zone station in the South Side to file a report.

Summary citations for simple assault were issued for Townsend and Burgess, and the two surrendered Sunday at Pittsburgh Municipal Court, Downtown, Richard said.

"Mr. Graham indicated that he knew the men he was arguing with were Pittsburgh Steelers," Richard said.

Graham suffered a 1-inch cut under his eye and a bloody lip, but a police report didn't indicate whether he sought medical treatment. It wasn't known today what the men were fighting about.

Representatives for the Steelers couldn't immediately be reached for comment.

Jill King Greenwood can be reached at jgreenwood@tribweb.com or 412-321-2160.

Back to headlines

K Train
03-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Are we starting to become the Bungles?

lol not quite

BlitzburghRockCity
03-05-2007, 03:45 PM
The ratio of Bengal players in the news for stuff like this vs the ratio of Steelers players in the news for stuff like this ....well it's not even close.

Stuff happens now and then, people get drunked up and excited and then it's over. It won't amount to anything in the grand scheme, we'll be fine, Deshea will be fine.

Koopa
03-05-2007, 03:45 PM
OMG, one player gets arrested, and you are already comparing us to the bengals??? :smh2:

SteelersfaninPhilly
03-05-2007, 03:57 PM
OMG, one player gets arrested, and you are already comparing us to the bengals??? :smh2:

It got your attention though. :lol: That is all I wanted to do. Since it is the offseason :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-05-2007, 04:00 PM
The things we do to pass the time :rolleyes: :lol:

AZ_Steeler
03-05-2007, 04:06 PM
The Steelers are from being the Bengals!!! :lol:

TampaSteelGirl
03-05-2007, 04:15 PM
I think Deshea is mad cause Joey left and now he's just venting his frustrations!!! :greengrin:

SteelerFan87
03-05-2007, 04:28 PM
A couple guys in a bar getting in a fight with some guy who was pissing them off, vs. a bunch guys regularly getting wasted and driving around, or doing drugs, or having guns, or giving alcohol to teenage girls. Hmm, I wonder which is more serious?

Stairwayto7
03-05-2007, 05:23 PM
no no No

Captcoolhand
03-05-2007, 06:20 PM
:ditto::wtf:

Captcoolhand
03-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Ok philly I walked into that one:lol:

BlitzburghNation
03-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Not even close to them "BENGIRLS" champion wanna be's :lol:

Hburg
03-05-2007, 08:05 PM
So some drunk-*** wants to talk **** in a nightclub to a practice-squad player. Drunk-*** instigates, Deshea gets in to defend his friend and obviously beat the **** out of drunk-*** since he's an NFL 1st squad player and drunk-*** is a weak-assed drunk-*** and then drunk-*** plays the b*tch card and goes and tells on Deshea for being "so mean" to him. Deshea is the big name so all the trouble highlights on him............My verdict: Deshea is fine, Drunk-*** should think twice before talking ****.

BuFu

BBG7
03-06-2007, 01:28 AM
So some drunk-*** wants to talk **** in a nightclub to a practice-squad player. Drunk-*** instigates, Deshea gets in to defend his friend and obviously beat the **** out of drunk-*** since he's an NFL 1st squad player and drunk-*** is a weak-assed drunk-*** and then drunk-*** plays the b*tch card and goes and tells on Deshea for being "so mean" to him. Deshea is the big name so all the trouble highlights on him............My verdict: Deshea is fine, Drunk-*** should think twice before talking ****.

BuFu

I agree....I think the so called "victim" got what was coming to him. A little different than what the little Bungles get arrested for. In my opinion, if you are going to instigate a fight, be man enough to take a beating! Instead, it looks like the guy wanted to puss out when he got the crap beat out of him-but I'd be willing to bet money that if he would have won the fight, he would be riding high and telling the world that he kicked a Steelers ***. What a F***ing pussy!