PDA

View Full Version : Does Faneca have one foot out the door?

SteelersfaninPhilly
03-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Now you know Faneca and his agent are looking at these numbers other free agents O-line are getting. Is the market value getting to high to keep Faneca?

Got the following from ESPN.com

The Dallas Cowboys have agreed to terms on a seven-year, $49.6 million contract with free agent offensive lineman Leonard Davis, the second pick in the 2001 NFL draft who has played the last six seasons for the Arizona Cardinals.

Top free agents
Leonard Davis
Davis
Offensive tackle Leonard Davis is No. 8 on ESPN.com's list of the top NFL free agents on the market. Story

Davis will receive $24 million over the first three years of the contract, and $18.75 million of Davis' contract is guaranteed.

AZ_Steeler
03-04-2007, 06:08 PM
The Steelers aren't going to pay those kind of figures, but at the same time I would hate to see Faneca walk out :crossfingers: that he's happy in the 'Burgh because IMO he would be a huge loss!

Iron City South
03-04-2007, 06:54 PM
If the Steelers were smart, they'd try to unload Faneca to Whiz and the Cards. They would get some nice value in return. Strike while the iron is hot I always say. Plus, if Faneca is having so many issues with the "change" that is taking place ... give him a home that he's familiar with (Whiz/Grimm). After all, he was the one lobbying so hard for Grimm.

Faneca and a high 2nd and 4th would be nice. :stirpot:

Steelerlyn
03-04-2007, 08:09 PM
If the Steelers were smart, they'd try to unload Faneca to Whiz and the Cards. They would get some nice value in return. Strike while the iron is hot I always say. Plus, if Faneca is having so many issues with the "change" that is taking place ... give him a home that he's familiar with (Whiz/Grimm). After all, he was the one lobbying so hard for Grimm.

Also, he has family in Texas.

Friday133
03-04-2007, 08:31 PM

I like the idea, however it would be tough to lose such a key member of the o-line.

Stairwayto7
03-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Somebody better pay up! Our O line wasnt great with him imagine it w/o him!

Friday133
03-04-2007, 08:36 PM
We really need some guys to step up and take on some leadership. i think we'll get a better handle on the team after the May mini camp.

BBG7
03-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Somebody better pay up! Our O line wasnt great with him imagine it w/o him!

this is true!

SteelerFan87
03-04-2007, 08:45 PM
Well I know one thing, if Faneca leaves, expect to miss the playoffs for at least 2 years. Back when Justin Strelzyk left, our O-line sucked in 98, 99, and 00. Faneca would be a huge loss. Looks like we better pick a lineman early next year.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-05-2007, 02:02 AM
Aaron Smith for basically the same amount of money he signed for in his last contract, about 25 million as I remember it from before without actually researching it. Faneca would stay for the about he same amount and is without a doubt worth it. If we throw a 5 yr deal his way for 25 million with a big fat signing bonus and then backload his deal somewhat we can cover our asses and hope to get a solid 4 more years out of him.

Our OL is so key to our entire team there's no way this team can afford to let Faneca enter this season without a new deal in place IMO.

Ambridge
03-05-2007, 08:32 AM
Unfortunately when there are a number of outstanding players on a team not all of them can get big pay days.
Hopefully the Steelers can work out a deal with Faneca so he can end his career in the Black and Gold and it might be prudent to lock-up Troy and Ben
now because if they have monster seasons in '07 their asking price will rise dramatically.

Ambridge
03-05-2007, 08:42 AM
It just struck me!!
Dallas signs Leonard Davis from the Arizona Cardinals to a 49.6 million dollar contract.
The same Arizona Cardinals who've had one of if not thee worst offensive lines in the NFL??

I don't know who's dumber the Cowboys or the Cardinals??
If this guy was that good then Arizona is crazy for letting him go...........or Dallas grossly over-paid for sub par talent.

SteelersfaninPhilly
03-05-2007, 01:34 PM
It just struck me!!
Dallas signs Leonard Davis from the Arizona Cardinals to a 49.6 million dollar contract.
The same Arizona Cardinals who've had one of if not thee worst offensive lines in the NFL??

I don't know who's dumber the Cowboys or the Cardinals??
If this guy was that good then Arizona is crazy for letting him go...........or Dallas grossly over-paid for sub par talent.

Which I'm sure got the attention of Faneca and his agent.