PDA

View Full Version : Ike says he's staying with the Steelers !

BlitzburghRockCity
08-23-2006, 10:49 AM
From KFFL today...

Steelers | I. Taylor says he will remain with Pittsburgh
Wed, 23 Aug 2006 05:35:50 -0700

Joe Starkey, of the Tribune-Review, reports Pittsburgh Steelers CB Ike Taylor indicated Tuesday, Aug. 22, he plans to remain with the Steelers even after his one-year contract expires at the end of the 2006 season. He is believed to be seeking an eight-figure signing bonus on a new contract, not a figure the Steelers likely would be willing to satisfy. So, what makes Taylor certain he'll stay in Pittsburgh? "Because I'm sure of myself, so I know I'll be in Pittsburgh," he said. "I'll be here. I'll be in Pittsburgh." Taylor's agent, Scott Smith, said he and the Steelers have had "a continuing dialogue for quite some time" and that he and Taylor are "committed to working hard until the final hour to get something done." The Steelers generally do not negotiate contracts once the regular season begins.

If this is true, its awesome news that he's willing to stick around with us and work out a new deal !

AZ_Steeler
08-23-2006, 11:46 AM
I've heard this too, which is really good news! I just don't see the FO giving him a 10 digit signing bonus when Troy's contract is due, then Ben's and not to mention the other role players that the Steelers will want to keep around as well. I hope it happens though!

BlitzburghRockCity
08-23-2006, 12:16 PM
Im sure we'll offer him fair market value and depending on what kinda year he has will go a long way to what kind of contract he is offered. Now that the CBA has been extended and there's more money to be handed out we'll make sure we take care of our own just like we have been.

Steelersfan
08-23-2006, 12:30 PM
Great news to hear! I really like Ike and hope they work something out.