I found this article on the Post-Gazette about Ben:
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_496042.html

Looks like Ben might shut up some of his critics.:crossfingers:

BlacknGold Bleeder
03-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Thanks for posting !! :bigthumb:

BB2W
03-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Good read, we need him to come back strong. I think his leadership role will be greater too.

PsychoWard
03-04-2007, 01:23 PM
Good read, we need him to come back strong. I think his leadership role will be greater too.

yeah i agree i just hope he doesn't put to much pressure on himself

House of Steel
03-04-2007, 01:34 PM
I just hope this article is true. I liked everything that was being said in here. Ben is on his way to re-establishing his greatness.

floodcitygirl
03-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Just settle it with yourself, Ben. Get it right in your own heart and mind. You know how to play.

tony hipchest
03-04-2007, 02:56 PM
ben definitely want the accolades of a manning, brady or elway. unfortunately under the system, cowher, grimm, and whiz ran, he was doomed to be the next maddox.

miller would much rather be the next whitten or heap. unfortunately hes been on the path to being the next breuner.

holmes would much rather be the next torry holt, rather than being the best blocking back in the league like hines ward. holt can block too but he can also be a league leading wr.

im sure willie parker would much rather be the next pries holmes or marshall faulk type rather than being the next great steelers "3 yds and a cloud of dust" guy.

i could be wrong but recent front office moves say im not. say goodby to the 3-4 zone blitz and say goodbye to the smashmouth power run game we all have been accustomed to. welcome the new era where ben gets to act like an actual nfl qb

floodcitygirl
03-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Geesh Tony. I was feeling pretty good after reading that article. Now that I've read your post, I'm feeling rather...melancholy. :scratch:

BBG7
03-04-2007, 03:15 PM
Good for Ben. He needs to get focused for next season!!!

Koopa
03-04-2007, 03:37 PM
well the run power game hasn't won us jack ****, it was when we started throwing is when we won it all, i hope there is a change, and i hope ben does get to actually be an nfl qb.........

DIESELMAN
03-04-2007, 03:38 PM
Other than my family, there's nothing I care more about than what I do," Roethlisberger said. "I want to be the best that's ever played this game, and I know I'm far from it because of the way I've been playing.
Man thats good to hear, always figured he felt that way but its always good to hear. With all the adversity he faced last year it sounds like he took alot of it to heart and learned from it. Especially the near death motorcycle accident, you either learn from something like that or you don't, it sounds like he's not taking anything for granted in his life including football. Sounds like he has a new outlook on life and the game of football.

Sometimes put the pressure on me to make a play for you," Ward said. "Throw it and let me be the guy that makes the catch, chew out your offensive line if they don't block someone right. Don't feel like you have to go out and single-handedly win the game.
Ward is right, this is where Ben steps up to be the leader and holds others accountable for their mistakes as well as his own.

tony hipchest
03-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Geesh Tony. I was feeling pretty good after reading that article. Now that I've read your post, I'm feeling rather...melancholy. :scratch:no reason to be melancholy. would we rather see ben as the next manning, brady, or elway? or the next odonnell? cowher knew the steelers dont draft a qb in the 1st round and he adapted his scheme to fit that. as soon as they drafted a franchise qb, his scheme just held ben back. we had one of the top lines for years, who could block for jerome and stewart, but sucked blocking for a passer like ben, maddox, or a runner like zeoroue.

if the rooneys are showing the are promoting change, us as fans must be willing to embrace it.

floodcitygirl
03-04-2007, 05:31 PM
no reason to be melancholy. would we rather see ben as the next manning, brady, or elway? or the next odonnell? cowher knew the steelers dont draft a qb in the 1st round and he adapted his scheme to fit that. as soon as they drafted a franchise qb, his scheme just held ben back. we had one of the top lines for years, who could block for jerome and stewart, but sucked blocking for a passer like ben, maddox, or a runner like zeoroue.

if the rooneys are showing the are promoting change, us as fans must be willing to embrace it.Maybe we won't know for sure what they are promoting until after the draft. Obviously with different coaching, I knew there would be changes. I wasn't however expecting an overhaul, which is what it sounds like you are prepping for. ....unless I misunderstood you???

BlitzburghRockCity
03-05-2007, 02:05 AM
This is a good article and shows us that he's definitely taking an interest in getting better and learning the offense more during the offseason. This is a good sign in the early goings of the offseason.

steelcurtaingal
03-05-2007, 08:05 AM
I am liking his new-found dedication, it shows not only how willing he is to work, but how bad he wants to be great. which is good... to a point. Big ben is going to have to remember that he doesnt have to single handedly win games. I am looking forward to seeing what is gonna happen this year. This is not going to be the team we saw last year, and it may not all that closely resemble the team we have seen in the last 20, but its the Steelers, and nothing can ever change the fan base, or my dedication.