PDA

View Full Version : Trying to set a record?

Captcoolhand
03-04-2007, 07:46 AM
For playing for the most teams in his career:dunno:

When Chris Simms said he welcomed competition for Tampa Bayís starting quarterback job, he surely didnít envision the Buccaneers getting two accomplished veterans to challenge for his job.
The Bucs signed free agent Jeff Garcia on Saturday, then announced they had also obtained the rights to Jake Plummer from Denver to give the team a three-way tussle for the reins to coach Jon Grudenís offense.
Garcia, a three-time Pro Bowl selection who nearly signed with the Bucs as a free agent in 2004, agreed to a two-year deal he hopes will give him a chance to finally get to the Super Bowl.
A championship is missing from Plummerís resume, too, but its unclear if it remains a personal goal because the 32-year-old is said to be considering retirement after losing his starting job with the Broncos last season.
Stepping away from the game couldnít be farther from the 37-year-old Garciaís mind.
"Throw age out the window because thatís not how I play. Thatís not how I focus. Thatís not how I mentally prepare. Thatís not who I am," Garcia said during a news conference.
The Bucs won the Super Bowl four seasons ago, but have had losing records and missed the playoffs three of the past four years.
A tight salary-cap situation has prevented the Bucs from being real players in free agency since Gruden took over in 2002. However, the team began this yearís signing period with about $25 million in space.

Stairwayto7
03-04-2007, 07:58 AM
For playing for the most teams in his career:dunno:

Garcia should win this job hands down

Ambridge
03-05-2007, 08:49 AM
Garcia should get some kind of prize or award for having played in both Cleveland and Detroit in his career.

House of Steel
03-05-2007, 09:29 AM
Cleveland was a suicide for Garcia's career.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-05-2007, 09:37 AM
Garcia should have known better than to go to Cleveland, they weren't even running a system suited to him in the first place.

AZ_Steeler
03-05-2007, 10:27 AM
Simms should of kept his mouth shut :lol: He's not going to beat out Garcia!!! Someone should remind him that his first name is Chris not Phil :dunno: