PDA

View Full Version : Vick Attends Dealers Funeral

Steelx
08-23-2006, 09:53 AM
Flowery Branch Falcons quarterback Michael Vick was excused from practice Tuesday to attend the funeral of a former college teammate in Suffolk, Va.

"He is just at a funeral," Falcons coach Jim Mora said. "He will be back later today [Tuesday]."

The Falcons signed kicker Miro Kesic, who played at Northeastern, where he was the all-time leading scorer. Kesic was working as a mechanical engineer in New Jersey when he got the call after another camp kicker, Tony Yelk, pulled his quadriceps while kicking off in an exhibition game. Kesic figures he's in camp to spell triple-duty kicker Michael Koenen.

Vick attended the funeral of Derek Sadar Carter, 29, of Dunwoody, a former teammate at Virginia Tech, according to Reggie Roberts, Falcons vice president of football communication.

Carter was murdered Aug. 14 in Lawrenceville during a drug deal that erupted into a shootout, police said.

A Lawrenceville resident and two other men were charged in connection with the murder.

Carter, Alex Mauricio Bercian, 30, and Daniel Jimenez Mauricio, 25, met at the home of Jose Antonio Bercian, 23, for a prearranged drug deal, Gwinnett police Cpl. Darren Moloney said.

"At some point during the transaction, all four individuals drew firearms and discharged their weapons," Moloney said. Carter was killed in the gun battle.

Source (http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/0823falrail.html)

Blitzburgh55
08-23-2006, 11:09 AM
Well that sucks for vick

Steelersfan
08-23-2006, 12:37 PM
Some nice friends he has.

AZ_Steeler
08-23-2006, 01:18 PM
Some nice friends he has.

I was thinking the same thing... I can't believe he actually asked for the time off to attend a dealers funeral who at one time was his teammate... I don't know about this one, I would probably say send some flowers or donate some $$$ to D.A.R.E or something. He's not family and if he is a close friend then we would start questioning Vicks buddies :dunno:

Vick probably saw this as an opportunity to take the day off!