PDA

View Full Version : SIGNINGS

BlitzburghNation
03-03-2007, 11:48 AM
Niners sign nate clements :popcorn: The patzeez are about ti sign ratbird's
X LB Thomas :cursin: Three teams are hot & heavy after Garcia Raiders, Tampa and Houston :scratch: Also denver made a trade to tampa but it fell through when Jake Plummer decided to retire :popcorn: When he wasn't announced the starter :popcorn: Also the packers are still talking about getting Randy Moss :lol:

BB2W
03-03-2007, 12:31 PM
Browns sign former Bengals G Steinbach to seven-year deal

CLEVELAND (TICKER) -- The Cleveland Browns bolstered their offensive line Saturday, signing guard Eric Steinbach to a seven-year contract.

Financial terms were not disclosed, but the Cleveland Plain Dealer reported on its web site that the deal is worth $49.5 million, including $17 million in guaranteed money.

The signing of Steinbach marks the first major offseason move for the Browns, who plucked the 6-6, 290-pound lineman from AFC North Division rival Cincinnati Bengals. Steinbach, who turns 27 years old next month, has played 63 games in four seasons with Cincinnati, making 59 starts at left guard.

"Eric is a versatile lineman," Browns coach Romeo Crennel said. "We played against him twice a year and are well aware of his abilities and were impressed with what we saw. He will be a good addition to our team."

link: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=brownssteinbach&prov=st&type=lgns

BB2W
03-03-2007, 12:47 PM
Patriots have an agreement with Thomas...

link: http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=sports&id=5088544

BlitzburghNation
03-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Garcia signed with TAMPA :popcorn:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-03-2007, 03:08 PM
What are the beagles going to do now when McNabb gets hurt again next year and they have to rely on Koy Detmer :lol:

I can't believe how much money Clements got, that's just unreal :eek:

BB2W
03-03-2007, 04:10 PM
The St. Louis Rams signed free agent receiver Drew Bennett to a six-year, $30-million contract on Saturday, SI.com has learned, a clear sign that veteran Isaac Bruce is likely in his final season with the team.

link: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/03/03/bennett.rams/index.html

BlitzburghNation
03-03-2007, 05:14 PM
The St. Louis Rams signed free agent receiver Drew Bennett to a six-year, $30-million contract on Saturday, SI.com has learned, a clear sign that veteran Isaac Bruce is likely in his final season with the team.

link: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/03/03/bennett.rams/index.html

Gonna be a good fantasy player next year :bigthumb:

kgreen
03-03-2007, 06:07 PM
Browns sign former Bengals G Steinbach to seven-year deal

CLEVELAND (TICKER) -- The Cleveland Browns bolstered their offensive line Saturday, signing guard Eric Steinbach to a seven-year contract.

Financial terms were not disclosed, but the Cleveland Plain Dealer reported on its web site that the deal is worth $49.5 million, including $17 million in guaranteed money.

The signing of Steinbach marks the first major offseason move for the Browns, who plucked the 6-6, 290-pound lineman from AFC North Division rival Cincinnati Bengals. Steinbach, who turns 27 years old next month, has played 63 games in four seasons with Cincinnati, making 59 starts at left guard.

"Eric is a versatile lineman," Browns coach Romeo Crennel said. "We played against him twice a year and are well aware of his abilities and were impressed with what we saw. He will be a good addition to our team."

link: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=brownssteinbach&prov=st&type=lgns

He'll probably get hurt in training camp:lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
03-03-2007, 07:07 PM
I agree Bennett should be a huge fantasy guy the way the Rams throw the ball all the time. Isaac Bruce will probably just retire anyways.

SteelerDan43
03-03-2007, 07:22 PM
What are the beagles going to do now when McNabb gets hurt again next year and they have to rely on Koy Detmer :lol:

I can't believe how much money Clements got, that's just unreal :eek:

The eagles made sure they had Feeley under a new contract before the let Garcia walk, Garcia was the beneficiary of Reid giving up play calling responsibilities at the end of year and letting the OC give the team some balance

BlitzburghRockCity
03-03-2007, 07:33 PM
Reid better do that this year because their offense was on fire with Garcia at the helm running the offense the way they did.

I don't think Garcia will have near the success he had last year, now that he's gone, but that's just my opinion. He fit that system well with the talent they had to work with.

BB2W
03-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Adam Schefter is reporting the Patriots have offered RFA Wes Welker a big contract and if the Dolphins don't match it the Pats will have to give them a second round pick.

Wes Welker will be great in New England...

SteelerDan43
03-03-2007, 08:21 PM
a second seams like an awful lot to give up for welker especially since someone like plummer a probable starter was only worth a 4th to TB

BB2W
03-03-2007, 08:28 PM
a second seams like an awful lot to give up for welker especially since someone like plummer a probable starter was only worth a 4th to TBThey have to give up a second because Welker is an RFA and the Dolphins offered him the 1.3 mil tender... if they offered him the 1.8 it would be a first round pick.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-03-2007, 08:31 PM
They have to give up a second because Welker is an RFA and the Dolphins offered him the 1.3 mil tender... if they offered him the 1.8 it would be a first round pick.

It seems the Dolphins goofed in my eyes. I would have offered Welker the 1.8 so just incase some team signed they would have to give you their first round pick. Last Welker was a very good player for the Dolphins and if the Pats do land him they will be getting a very solid player. He is a very good return man and nice 2nd/3rd WR.

BB2W
03-03-2007, 08:37 PM
It seems the Dolphins goofed in my eyes. I would have offered Welker the 1.8 so just incase some team signed they would have to give you their first round pick.
Oh yeah, they goofed... If the Pats had to give up a first round pick I don't think they would have pursued him.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-03-2007, 08:38 PM
Oh yeah, they goofed... If the Pats had to give up a first round pick I don't think they would have pursued him.

I agree.

BB2W
03-04-2007, 12:27 PM
The 49ers' free-agent hits just keep on coming. The team landed free-agent wide receiver Ashley Lelie on Saturday, a day after the signings of cornerback Nate Clements and safety Michael Lewis.

link: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/03/04/SPGIFOF8BT1.DTL

BlitzburghRockCity
03-04-2007, 12:54 PM
It seems the Dolphins goofed in my eyes. I would have offered Welker the 1.8 so just incase some team signed they would have to give you their first round pick. Last Welker was a very good player for the Dolphins and if the Pats do land him they will be getting a very solid player. He is a very good return man and nice 2nd/3rd WR.

I don't think teams practice that philosophy near as much as they should. 1.8 million in todays NFL salary cap world is virtually peanuts, and it almost ensures that you get a great player or keep a guy you've been grooming for years.

Captcoolhand
03-04-2007, 01:35 PM
The 49ers' free-agent hits just keep on coming. The team landed free-agent wide receiver Ashley Lelie on Saturday, a day after the signings of cornerback Nate Clements and safety Michael Lewis.

link: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/03/04/SPGIFOF8BT1.DTL
You can add DT- Aubrayo Franklin to that list also

DIESELMAN
03-04-2007, 01:49 PM
The Dallas Cowboys are finalizing an agreement with free agent offensive lineman Leonard Davis, the second pick in the 2001 NFL draft who has played the last six seasons for the Arizona Cardinals, a source with knowledge of the negotiations told ESPN.com. Davis' contract is expected to exceed the free agent deals of Bills guard Derrick Dockery (7 years, $49 million) and Browns guard Eric Steinbach (7 years, $49.5 million).

BlacknGold Bleeder
03-04-2007, 01:54 PM
... free agent deals of Bills guard Derrick Dockery (7 years, $49 million) and Browns guard Eric Steinbach (7 years, $49.5 million).
If these guys are getting this kind of money , there is no way the STEELERS are going to be able to sign Faneca, unless it is a short term deal.

DIESELMAN
03-04-2007, 09:30 PM
John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports unrestricted free-agent RB Ahman Green (Packers) has reached a contract agreement with the Houston Texans. John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports the deal is worth $23 million over four years and has $6.5 million guaranteed

Captcoolhand
03-04-2007, 10:21 PM
John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports unrestricted free-agent RB Ahman Green (Packers) has reached a contract agreement with the Houston Texans. John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports the deal is worth $23 million over four years and has $6.5 million guaranteed
Wow talking about hitting the Lottery:yesnod: I can't believe that they paid that kind of Money for a wash up

Captcoolhand
03-04-2007, 10:23 PM
Paul Kuharsky, of the Tennessean, reports the St. Louis Rams (http://www.kffl.com/team/34/nfl) signed free agent WR Drew Bennett (http://www.kffl.com/player/1896/nfl) (Titans) to a six-year, $30 million deal with $10 million guaranteed, including a $7.5 million signing bonus.

House of Steel
03-04-2007, 10:28 PM
What the hell is it with these past prime idiots getting these big deals from other teams? Talk about weird.

Captcoolhand
03-04-2007, 10:38 PM
I was thinking the same thing about the Bennett Deal.These guy are Laughing this **** all the way to the Bank. Saying "Suckers"
Green will probably get hurt and be out for the year at the start of Training Camp:yesnod: